Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616888 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] IC: T58: Terminal
« Reply #4005 on: December 08, 2014, 09:48:51 pm »

This is becoming ridiculous...

My healers will do what they can to help with this plague, and in the meantime...

Anyway. There are a great many things I desire to do, especially in concert with other gods, but I fear this may not be possible for a time. It frustrates me.

Help whoever is getting rid of the dust, however I can
Send some portion of my clergy(improved Divine Magic in a super-magical race under a God of Good and therefore healing/purification powers woo) to help with the plague.
Angels revive please oh god don't be perma-dead
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: December 08, 2014, 09:53:29 pm »

Help whoever is getting rid of the dust, however I can
KHAZIRAAD ALREADY GOT RID OF ALL THE DUST. Kesha is now a ring world.

The only permadead angels are Tory and Lee. :-\

@Darruth: "Why don't you just help Azem and Quéßäre end the disease/make Humans immune to disease?"

Sure, I'll delay the monument. I'll build a Yaos shrine there, though.
(I didn't see this before.)
The High Elves are thanked and told about the Grand Temple being built in the capital if they wanted to help there instead.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4007 on: December 08, 2014, 09:56:23 pm »

They should revive, but who knows where? Yaos took two of my angels, and the third is still missing. Cim stole Fusil's angels after the battle, and I don't think those are the only ones missing. That's why I made a council proposal to return all the missing angels to their rightful owners.

You all seemed very eager to return Tykki and the rest of STF to Fusil...

We could also have angels respawn in their creator's/owner's plane. I propose we do this as well.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:01:52 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: December 08, 2014, 09:59:17 pm »

The High-Elves offer to help in the construction of the Grand Temple after the disease has been completely eliminated and they finish their current projects in their homeland. They continue the construction my statue and church.

Listen to prayers
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:04:29 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: December 08, 2014, 09:59:34 pm »

@Darruth: "Why don't you just help Azem and Quéßäre end the disease/make Humans immune to disease?"
A rather large amount of individuals things are consuming my essence and attention at the moment, and making Humans immune to disease could easily lead to unforeseen consequences; there is a reason for diseases to exist, and no such thing as true immunity. Supernatural disease is unlikely to be blocked no matter the case; it is supernatural, after all. But you have a point, and if the dust is taken care of...
Help get rid of the disease, or at the very least the supernatural elements so people can recover from it on their own.
Check on my cities
Listen for prayers...oh god I'm not gonna like this...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: December 08, 2014, 10:03:37 pm »

Azem manifests as a spectral dragon in the center of every major capital in the world.

"Hear me mortals. In my anger I lashed out at innocents, I could not harm my fellows so I sought to harm you, and I am sorry. I humbly ask for your forgiveness."

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: December 08, 2014, 10:07:03 pm »

Why are there so many missing archangels? Kifo and Sappira, at least, are missing. Also, where would they be?
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: December 08, 2014, 10:08:50 pm »

"I think I have them, actually, but it's a gigantic ***** trying to sort through all this ash. I'm working on locating and isolating the ashes that used to be Serac's angels first. I'll give yours next next Tick."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: December 08, 2014, 10:13:33 pm »

Well, at least we know where they are... I suppose I'll help with that...
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: December 08, 2014, 10:15:50 pm »

"I'll let you help, Joha, but you're the ONLY one I'll let help since you're the only one among us who hasn't been secretive up the ass and probably won't steal other peoples' angels on purpose."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: December 08, 2014, 10:16:46 pm »

Does that include you too Yaos? :P
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: December 08, 2014, 10:18:17 pm »

"The secretive up the ass thing? Yes. Stealing peoples' angels on purpose? No. I stole other peoples' angels by accident."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: December 08, 2014, 10:21:12 pm »

A rather large amount of individuals things are consuming my essence and attention at the moment, and making Humans immune to disease could easily lead to unforeseen consequences; there is a reason for diseases to exist, and no such thing as true immunity. Supernatural disease is unlikely to be blocked no matter the case; it is supernatural, after all.
Yaos' eye starts twitching something fierce.
"Blocked no matter the case? No matter the case!? WE ARE GODS!!! The only thing that can stop our will is the Void itself!"
"Unforeseen consequences? What unforeseen consequences? That they'll have a better quality of life? That there'll be more Humans in the world? The whole point of medical science is to eradicate as many diseases as possible! Are you saying that we should abolish medical science?"
"What reason are there for diseases to exist? This is a question for the elder gods. Why do they exist? Why would you go and create them? If you didn't create them, and they just evolved on their own, then there is literally no reason for diseases to exist. They're just a randomly-generated natural phenomenon."
"There IS such a thing as true immunity. The High Elves have it."
"Even discounting divine involvement, a supernatural disease could theoretically be blocked by a supernatural thing, just as mundane diseases can be blocked by mundane medicine. But since divine involvement IS a thing, there's no reason for this disease to even exist!"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: December 08, 2014, 10:27:49 pm »

"That's rich coming from you Yaos. I always knew Cim and a few other gods were secretive, but you him and Serac assaulting Fusil in prison was the first in a long line of events that destroyed my faith in this Council."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: December 08, 2014, 10:37:25 pm »

Yaos, that is precisely my point. We are Gods; another god can easily put his mind to it and spend more Essence and all of a sudden that fabled immunity is worth about as much as a towel in a pool.

Ye Gods are you taking my words out of context, strawmanning them, and so on.

First off, no, they don't. If I so chose, I could spend essence and get around that immunity. Which is my point.

Second off, I don't think you really understood what I meant by reason to exist; the fact that this is all here, that any of it happens? There's a reason for it. Nature only occurs in the manner we choose for it too, after all; it works to help prevent excess population, and small diseases train a population to be able to survive large plagues. A magical plague only killed a quarter of the population. Non-magical ones have been known to slaughter a full third, if there is no likewise magical help. Medical science is of course to be applauded, but eradication of disease is by no means it's purpose. It's purpose is to save lives, and one can survive getting sick. If the humans are made 'immune' to disease, the instant anything that finds some way past that immunity; say, a parasite, or bacteria, or some magical curse-plague made by a necromancer with a chip on his shoulder, will slaughter them, since their normal immune systems will be atrophied.

Finally, who's to say it wasn't the Void that did this, if we've ruled out The Guile Lord? They already advocate sacrifices, at least in some of their cults, and if I remember right, 'Ephemerality' is one of their possible spheres. Beyond that, other Gods are able to stop our will, as has whatever that fucking music is.

That gods-damned fucking music.

Oh yes, and I agree with Azem; considering the fact that you are essentially powerless at the moment, and have abstained on everything, your nagging at other Gods to vote and claim that we can do anything is rather...ironic.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 475