Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615153 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] IC: T58: Terminal
« Reply #4020 on: December 08, 2014, 10:57:02 pm »

Not really my type of music either. We should really change it to something more tasteful. Although I'm sure that too could end in debate.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: December 08, 2014, 11:05:31 pm »

"Most likely. We should each have our own personal bard."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: December 08, 2014, 11:22:46 pm »

small diseases train a population to be able to survive large plagues. A magical plague only killed a quarter of the population. Non-magical ones have been known to slaughter a full third
"Non-magical plagues of that extent do not kill that quickly and in any case they don't exist. We would've gotten word if a third of a population somewhere suddenly started dropping dead. Only killed a quarter of the population. That's still way too much to be acceptable and there is no reason for a disease that powerful to exist. Going by your theory, smaller diseases only exist to prevent this kind of disease. Thus, we should destroy this one."

Medical science is of course to be applauded, but eradication of disease is by no means it's purpose. It's purpose is to save lives, and one can survive getting sick.
"One of the ways it saves lives is by eradicating diseases." (Just look at smallpox, polio, etc.)

If the humans are made 'immune' to disease, the instant anything that finds some way past that immunity; say, a parasite, or bacteria, or some magical curse-plague made by a necromancer with a chip on his shoulder, will slaughter them, since their normal immune systems will be atrophied.
"You're forgetting about the High Elves. Accepting your entire argument, the only humane thing to do is strip the High Elves of their immunity to disease, give them a decent immune system to start off with, and then see how everything turns out. Based on the fact that you haven't mentioned them, I'm guessing you're only against total immunity being present in Humans. Why that is, I don't know."
"The thing about total immunity is that all mundane, naturally-occurring diseases that exist or will exist simply don't affect the totally immune. Besides, who says that the totally immune are so because of magic? Maybe they are so by mundane means? Maybe their immune system is so perfect and flexible and non-atrophic that no disease can get passed it. And that's just assuming that they aren't magically immune to all diseases either."
(Seriously, I don't want to argue this point any more. This is a matter for the GM because we have no idea how total immunity works, what it covers, or if it can be subverted by Essence.)

Finally, who's to say it wasn't the Void that did this, if we've ruled out The Guile Lord? They already advocate sacrifices, at least in some of their cults, and if I remember right, 'Ephemerality' is one of their possible spheres. Beyond that, other Gods are able to stop our will, as has whatever that fucking music is.
"As I said, the Void is the one thing that can subvert the will of the gods. Gods can only subvert our will if they're backed by the Void, just as Varee was with his damned monkeys. If it was the Void then we ought to evacuate every Keshan Human to Slytha. It shouldn't be too much trouble, honestly. Transporting creatures is a lot cheaper than creating them and we can even make a condition where only those that aren't sick will be transported."

That gods-damned fucking music.
Propose we get rid of the music.
BEST IDEA! Propose we replace the music with a new piece of music we can choose to listen to every Tick. I credit Serac for providing inspiration for this idea. (Basically, GM just puts up a link to a piece of music every Tick.)

Oh yes, and I agree with Azem; considering the fact that you are essentially powerless at the moment, and have abstained on everything, your nagging at other Gods to vote and claim that we can do anything is rather...ironic.
"I have 3 Essence. If I were to do support any proposals I'd be forced to spend Essence and will probably go dormant or die from it. I'm trying to stay active and do as much as I can with what little I have - something to be applauded for if one was a poor mortal instead of a poor god - and in any case, I thought that we were all equal? Maybe we should start dividing up gods based on age like Fusil suggested?"

"Just gonna take a little time out to say that I don't dislike you and I'm not upset with you. I just disagree with you and I hope we can remain on good terms while we sort all this out."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: December 08, 2014, 11:28:16 pm »

((In a game like this, the assumption is always safe that anything can be gotten around provided you are perseverent enough and spend enough money; any armor can eventually be broken through, if you build a big enough gun. And any gun can eventually be blocked, if you just pile enough shit in it's way. Plus, as he's said in the OP, don't make Thetis's folly.

Plus, if we're gonna have Humans, keep 'em as humans. Making them immune to disease means they aren't actually human, and that's a big way(one of the only, depending on how you look at it) old people die, and if old people aren't dying, but continue aging....welll....))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: December 08, 2014, 11:31:18 pm »

(I'm pretty sure the High-Elves immunity to disease will only really work entirely on mundane diseases. If a God says, "I want the High-Elves dead, make a plague to destroy them," I'm pretty sure it'll bypass it. As a long as the divine disease is not targeting them, as divine diseases often do, they should still be fine, unless overly exposed.)
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4025 on: December 08, 2014, 11:38:18 pm »

(I'm pretty sure the High-Elves immunity to disease will only really work entirely on mundane diseases. If a God says, "I want the High-Elves dead, make a plague to destroy them," I'm pretty sure it'll bypass it. As a long as the divine disease is not targeting them, as divine diseases often do, they should still be fine, unless overly exposed.)
(Or just do something else, like stealing the air from their cities...)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: December 08, 2014, 11:39:38 pm »

(Or just do something else, like stealing the air from their cities...)
Hey, don't give them ideas.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: December 08, 2014, 11:47:54 pm »

((Making them immune to disease means they aren't actually human))
((Actually, yes, they are. Just look at the Mumans. They are anatomically very different from terran Humans but are still definitely human. Besides, in this world souls definitely exist, so it goes beyond just mere genetics to determine what something "is".))

((That actually made me think of an idea. The High Elves were made to be totally immune to disease; it wasn't explicitly mentioned they're only totally immune from mundane disease. Total immunity would cover mundane disease, but what if it also covers magical diseases too? I'm talking about what Darruth suggested earlier - a Necromancer or something cooking up a disease in a lab - NOT a divinely made disease. It makes sense. If some mortal somehow made a mundane bioweapon and unleashed it, the totally immune wouldn't be affected, but what if that's also true for artificial, mortal-made magical bioweapons?))

Listen for prayers...oh god I'm not gonna like this...
Well, you know that they say: You only live once twice three times, was it? four times! Turns out that reincarnation exists.....
Yaos listens to the prayers of Keshan Humans.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: December 08, 2014, 11:52:59 pm »

((he never said totally immune, either; if you get a vaccine for the flu, that doesn't mean it's impossible for you to get the flu.

And no, the Mumans are not human, they are a recognisably different species, even more so than being immune to disease would be different, and I was speaking primarily culturally and the like anyway; a culture in which there is no disease is vastly different from one in which there's a great deal

Also, being immune to disease means you don't have to practice hygiene. As in, ever. Which is disgusting.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: December 08, 2014, 11:59:26 pm »

(Nonsense. They'd still smell if they didn't practice hygiene.)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: December 09, 2014, 12:02:43 am »

((And no, the Mumans are not human, they are a recognisably different species))
(Well, I was the god of Humans at the time, and I'm a god, so if I say they're simply a different type of human - possibly the same way there are different types of dogs - then they are. Just to make it perfectly clear, they are human because I say so. Yeah it sounds unreasonable and immature, but it's actually true.)

((Also, being immune to disease means you don't have to practice hygiene. As in, ever. Which is disgusting.))
(First of all, we don't know if the High Elves don't practice hygiene. Secondly, you only think it's disgusting because you live in a culture where disease is important. So in other words, check your privilege!)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T59: Nurgle's little helpers
« Reply #4031 on: December 09, 2014, 02:24:20 am »

Tick 59: Nurgle's little helpers

Khaziraad has, independently from the Council, decided to move the dust into a stable orbit around Keshan.

Carmine and Varee have been sealed away somewhere.

The recent plague in Human lands has begun subsiding with magical assistance from the High Elves, Luminee, and Seraphim. The High Elves have also spread the word of Quéßäre during their stay. Yaos has attempted to block the construction of a monument at the High Elven capital, and Quéßäre delays it. The High Elves have constructed a shrine to Yaos.

Yaos has claimed all the still-unreincarnated souls of dead Yaosian followers for the Human Plane.

Neron has created four psymentally boosting pillars of ice on two poles of unspecified planets, in a dark, frigid cave, and on a distant asteroid in an also unspecified star system.

Azem has lifted the economic curse placed on non-Dwarf non-Mountwyrm civilizations. The mortals seem to have forgin Azem.

A Hummingbird has learned a song of air cleansing and spread knowledge of it throughout the forest.

(Yaos: Petition accepted assuming there are no appeals to reshow it.)

(Constellations: 0/3 support for Neron)

The Armu-Seppo cities have ended the construction of great domes to seal them off from the rest of the atmosphere.

The ashes of Serac's angels have been returned to Serac.

The City of Light does indeed have a relatively thick wall, a grand Temple to All Gods, a still-empty Academy of Light Philosophy, Gardens of Many Fruits, and a Great Barracks with a stocked armory. Luminee warriors seem not to like unarmed combat because it tends not to produce Shinjo, and a powerful half warhammer spirit has recently succeeded her father as Duke of the Mountainous Province in a Luminee kingdom. A statue of Azem has recently toppled and shattered in the Temple.

Darruth has expressed a willingness to help with removing the dust. This has already been done. A band of Darruthite clergy assists with stopping the plague with great success. The cities of Good have begun thriving once again.

Quéßäre hears the following prayers:
"Lies! Now go back and wash all the clothes again!"
"Quéßäre, I always lie! This sentence is also a lie!"
"Thank Quéßäre I managed to fool those market guards."

Darruth hears the following prayers:
"Aid me, Darruth above, that these children may heal."
"What are those strange masked figures who look like Sorae-Luminees?"
"With your guidance, I heal these humans."
"Our food bank is running low on food this year. May you bless our harvest."

(Re total immunity: Asymptotic cost. Disease isn't just a simple thing you toggle in people, contrary to what most media depictions seem to suggest. It has a plethora of causes, mechanisms, and effects, and many diseases/harmful conditions exist which are the result of the sufferer's systems going awry (e.g. cancer, septic shock, seizures). Disease immunity to current pathogens and destructive conditions is much cheaper but also much easier to subvert.)

("Total" immunity for High Elves: My ruling is that it covers mundane/cheapskate gods' plagues. Otherwise, we'd have a mess where being punched by a rapidly moving piece of metal counts as an infection and disease and gets blocked.)

Yaos hears the following prayers from Keshan Humans:
"I offer up this sample of my dinner, a roast rat and a jelly roll."
"I want to become the god of Being a God!"
"Could you block out the sun again? Our gang can't sneak out in the day without our parents noticing now."

An angel of Grauel has been seen, dead and covered in a shroud marked "HoDo".

The irritating music has switched to something about never giving up the listener or some mortal romantic nonsense.

(Constellations for Neron: 0/3 support)

This update's constellations are the Dragon and Candle.

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (-2) (click to show/hide)
The following players are in danger of being marked as inactive: Varee/Varee and Objective/Carmine.

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Forgiveness, Oaths, Air, and Earth.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: December 09, 2014, 03:28:39 am »

Yaos has attempted to block the construction of a monument at the High Elven capital, and Quéßäre delays it. The High Elves have constructed a shrine to Yaos.
Ohhhhhhh so they were building the shrine in the High Elf capital. I thought since they'd gone to the Empire to heal the plague that they were building the shrine in the Human capital which made me wonder why they were doing that because there's already so much Yaos stuff there.

"I offer up this sample of my dinner, a roast rat and a jelly roll."
"I want to become the god of Being a God!"
"Could you block out the sun again? Our gang can't sneak out in the day without our parents noticing now."
Much appreciated.
Exactly how much Essence does it cost to make someone a god?
"You ain't no real gangsta if you afraid of a little sun!"

An angel of Grauel has been seen, dead and covered in a shroud marked "HoDo".
Once the shroud is gone, the angel's corpse is retrieved and scanned for EVERYTHING (AKA a full examination) and if it's safe to do so, drained of as much Essence as possible. "Wasn't me that killed it, by the way."

Support 58.05. (Since Azem himself is in support of his conviction, shouldn't it just autopass?)
Support 58.05.1, as long as it's interpreted as giving all Humans High Elf-style total immunity to disease.

58.07 is supposed to replace the annoying music we're hearing now.

Varee is unsealed. 5 of his Essence is given to Azem, then 7 to Joha, 8 to Azem, and finally 5 to Yaos. He will be resealed immediately after.
"When you two can actually hold the rest of the Essence I owe you, I'll pay back the rest of my debts. To the other gods: I plan for Varee to be at 1 Essence eventually. This is to prevent him from turning into a monster and also because he killed my angels with his bullshit Void-assisted monkeys and probably turned Jeffrey into a jelly roll too. God-killing is against my code, though, so I won't kill him."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:46:46 am by Andres »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: December 09, 2014, 03:52:09 am »

EBP because important

Before I siphon Varee's Essence for myself, I create a throne in the Paradise Plane that I can use to talk openly if my corpse were placed on it. (1E)

I make Malik unaging. (1E)

Joha's angels are given back to Joha.

The Inquisition is returned in full (including SOPs as previously described) from right before they were disbanded. EVAC will remain as the SWAT team of the Inquisition.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:42:29 am by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4034 on: December 09, 2014, 05:03:26 am »

Essence to make someone a god: All of it.

Yaos: The shroud stays on the body. Are you sure you want to consume one of Grauel's angels? This may provoke a reaction.

58.05: It is, I suppose. What is in question is what, if anything, happens next.

(Varee: -20E, Azem: +13E, Joha: +7E)
Varee's Essence has been redistributed.

(Yaos: -2E, Varee: -5E, Yaos: +2E)
You create a throne for communication in the Paradise Plane and make Malik unaging and give Idris back to Joha.

The Inquisition has been restored again.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 475