Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615185 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T70: Elephant in the room
« Reply #4560 on: December 24, 2014, 05:11:20 am »

T74

Last day of micro-updates.

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Proposals (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: December 24, 2014, 09:20:49 am »

Malakath creates the concept of 'Oversoul'.

Oversoul:
Spoiler: Surges and Attainment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Usage and Training (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Oversoul 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Oversoul 3 (click to show/hide)

Lord Malakath informs the mortals about what oversouling is and tells them to find a Soul temple for more info on how to gain it.

Lord Malakath's new symbol is that of a white circle with a tinge of blue mixed in. It has a small red aura around it and a drop of blood is dripping from it.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 04:33:03 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4562 on: December 24, 2014, 04:15:36 pm »

A supernaturally powerful plague resisting magic and mundane cures has broken out and killed a full quarter of the Kobold population.

(Terminology changes have to be limited to prevent abuse and limit confusion, so GM text will use previous definitions of necromancy, Necromancy, and stuff like that. This doesn't stop you all from adopting agreed-on conventions.)

(Soul magic: For balance reasons, Soul mages have a non-trivial chance of burning out if the targeted Cosmic mage had a non-trivial chance of burning out in the first place.)

News of Malakath's recently created magical systems have been spread throughout the lands. The Armu have begun researching it.

Strange beasts have appeared everywhere. Most are not hostile, but their appearances are deeply disturbing.

(Malakath: -7E)
Malakath: You revive the dead Controllers. One agrees to serve you and the other two decline.

You also create ten combat-diminished angels to assist with contracts on Keshan, Slytha, and Konva-1 and wyrms.

(Kl'Tork: -1E)
Kl'Tork: You perform various miracles, but it is too early to see how effective it was. The Citadel is complete and is currently being decorated.

Darruth: A few of the Grand Cathedrals have been completed. The angels and Templars have begun an organized effort to spread the Good message. The Darruthian School of Medical Sciences has been opened at Goodhaven.

(Atropos: -3E)
Atropos: You create a race of desert-dwellers that lead people to their deaths who die if exposed to rain.

(Oversouls: OK, but it's going to be highly difficult for anyone at all to reach the requirements especially considering the pervasiveness of Void worship among the more self-improvement focused. Also, quantifying power with a one dimensional value probably won't work too smoothly within the framework of YG's mechanics, which has no unified power value for creations.)

[spoiler=Proposals]
69.00: Have souls form on their own for every birth [IMMINENT DEATH]
+1 from Malakath
0 from Joha
-1 from Fusil
69.00.1: 69.00 but only if Keshan or Slytha get destroyed [IMMINENT DEATH]
+2 from Malakath, Joha
-1 from Fusil
70.00: Permakill the Lich [EXTEND TO T78]
+1 from Malakath

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: December 24, 2014, 05:32:01 pm »

"Another plague? You're kidding, right?"
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: December 24, 2014, 05:51:55 pm »

A supernaturally powerful plague resisting magic and mundane cures has broken out and killed a full quarter of the Kobold population.
Someone remind me, what's Fusil's stance on Kobolds, again? Priests and mages are sent to heal as many Kobolds as possible.

Strange beasts have appeared everywhere. Most are not hostile, but their appearances are deeply disturbing.
Do they test positive on the VDD? If not, I eat the soul of a hostile one and send its corpse to one of the three science places (ISAY, Neron University, or Darruthian Med.) for dissection so long as they swear a blood oath to share their results with me. This is the point where I should say that blood oaths aren't 100% strict. If they forget to, for example, send a single important note that accidentally got lost amid the rest of the reports then they won't die. The point of blood oaths is to make people keep their word, not just to kill them. If they don't agree to the request of taking an oath, it'll just go to ISAY with no blood oath requirement. Their god is less likely to try to keep the truth hidden for....obvious reasons.

I eat the soul of a wyrm and a warg.

@Fusil: "Hey Fusil, you know how you opposed my idea of naturally forming souls because it would mess up the reincarnation system? Well, what about Shinjo? They're souls that naturally form on their own yet you don't seem to have a problem with them."

The terrestrial angel priests are sent to spread Lord Lecta's word in Mermaid, Human, Gruen, Ophanim, and Armu capital cities. An additional angel priest is made so that there's one priest for each race on each world.

If any angel priests find themselves in ANY danger, they are told to immediately pray to Lord Lecta and the other angels to tell them about what is attacking them. They don't have to go stationary or anything to pray - they (and any other creature) can pray while moving. Thus, it can send out a message even while it's dodging or running away.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: December 24, 2014, 06:02:11 pm »

"Another plague? You're kidding, right?"

"Well nobody really solved the last one, nobody even investigated a possible suspect. Seeing as it seems to be the exact same outcome, it is either the same suspect or a copy cat. Assuming it was the same suspect as last, it would have to be the only one of us who has been shown to randomly slay mortals for no real purpose. It would have to be you, God of Lies."

Someone remind me, what's Fusil's stance on Kobolds, again? Priests and mages are sent to heal as many Kobolds as possible.

"I have ignored them almost completely. Do you think such a small number is a threat to the massive, well armed, tentacled hordes of the Armu?"

I eat the soul of a wyrm and a warg.

"....Keep this monster away from my followers. If that is what she does to her own creations, I will have nightmares of what she does to mine."

@Fusil: "Hey Fusil, you know how you opposed my idea of naturally forming souls because it would mess up the reincarnation system? Well, what about Shinjo? They're souls that naturally form on their own yet you don't seem to have a problem with them."

"I am the one who created them. They where not designed as a race of mortals, breeding, eating, bleeding, and dieing as mortals do, but as a race of helpful spirits. They serve many of the same functions as mortals do, but are not exactly similar. Trying to change every mortal race to the same generation as the Shinjo, who are not a mortal race, will most definitely ruin the perfect system I have worked so hard to set up and defend."

The terrestrial angel priests are sent to spread Lord Lecta's word in Mermaid, Human, Gruen, Ophanim, and Armu capital cities. An additional angel priest is made so that there's one priest for each race on each world.

"If the Angel passes the Trenches, Tykki will shoot them between the eyes. Do not try stealing my worshipers from me."

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: December 24, 2014, 06:21:47 pm »

"I have ignored them almost completely. Do you think such a small number is a threat to the massive, well armed, tentacled hordes of the Armu?"
((That part was supposed to be OOC. I forgot to put the parentheses.)) "That's why I think it was another god. It's true that you could've theoretically done it to avoid getting indicted by the Council for creating a megadeath but I don't see skulduggery as really being your style. No offence."

"....Keep this monster away from my followers. If that is what she does to her own creations, I will have nightmares of what she does to mine."
"I'm not even mad that you called me a monster, I'm just pleased that I'm respected enough to be feared even by the mighty god of weapons," she says genuinely without sarcasm, "I didn't create wargs though, and these are sentient, non-sapient souls I'm eating. Never know when I might need one of them as a familiar. I probably won't do anything to your followers, though. I don't want to pick a fight with a god, much less the supremely powerful god of Weapons."

"I am the one who created them. They where not designed as a race of mortals, breeding, eating, bleeding, and dieing as mortals do, but as a race of helpful spirits. They serve many of the same functions as mortals do, but are not exactly similar. Trying to change every mortal race to the same generation as the Shinjo, who are not a mortal race, will most definitely ruin the perfect system I have worked so hard to set up and defend."[/color]
"Actually, they can and do in fact, breed, eat, bleed, and die. Well, mature ones with a Human form do at any rate. I hear a half-Warhammer, half-Luminee has managed to gain quite a bit of power in some Luminee city."

"If the Angel passes the Trenches, Tykki will shoot them between the eyes. Do not try stealing my worshipers from me."
((Note to GM: This is the kind of thing I expect would auto-cancel my action.))
"First of all, that's breaking Council rules. Secondly, I'll agree to not try to make them worshippers. My angels will merely oversee blood contracts and teach them about Soul magic. I think they'd rather like Soul magic considering what it can do for Shinjo and Cosmic magic. This way, I can get some Essence from Influence, you don't lose any followers, and the quality of life for the Armu increases."

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: December 24, 2014, 06:34:35 pm »

"Well nobody really solved the last one, nobody even investigated a possible suspect. Seeing as it seems to be the exact same outcome, it is either the same suspect or a copy cat. Assuming it was the same suspect as last, it would have to be the only one of us who has been shown to randomly slay mortals for no real purpose. It would have to be you, God of Lies."
"Hmm...Yeah, there's one problem with that theory. I don't slay needlessly. When you were all tearing each other apart using poor mortals as your pawns and Khaziraad blew all the soldiers up, was I in the conflict? No. In fact, I opposed it. War and killing solve nothing.

Also, how could I have something against those little Cutebolds? Have you seen them? I pity the little creatures. I wouldn't kill them.

Also, yes. It is suspicious that this plague appears to be progressing much like the last one. Maybe we should actually start doing something about these."

Edit:fixed major typo
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 06:36:38 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Retired/Extended Sigs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: December 24, 2014, 06:43:24 pm »

"I'm not even mad that you called me a monster, I'm just pleased that I'm respected enough to be feared even by the mighty god of weapons," she says genuinely without sarcasm, "I didn't create wargs though, and these are sentient, non-sapient souls I'm eating. Never know when I might need one of them as a familiar. I probably won't do anything to your followers, though. I don't want to pick a fight with a god, much less the supremely powerful god of Weapons."

"I do not respect you. I fear what you will do to my children. You are like the madman wandering the alleyways, with blood staining his every possession. I try shielding my kids from you, getting them as far away as I can as swiftly as I can, looking at you as a pathetic and broken mess who destroys without purpose and will destroy the things I love if given the chance. You destroyed the souls of two innocent animals, to simply use them as slaves? One being your own creation? That is not a respectable act. It is a disgusting one that puts morally right people on their guard around you."
"Hmm...Yeah, there's one problem with that theory. I don't slay needlessly. When you were all tearing each other apart using poor mortals as your pawns and Khaziraad blew all the soldiers up, was I in the conflict? No. In fact, I opposed it. War and killing solve nothing.

Also, how could I have something against those little Cutebolds? Have you seen them? I pity the little creatures. I wouldn't kill them.

Also, yes. It is suspicious that this plague appears to be progressing much like the last one. Maybe we should actually start doing something about these."

"I did not say you did so openly. You tried to kill my followers twice, in almost exactly the same way each time. You likely caused this plague, among the other random deaths we have seen occurring. Doing something about it will do nothing if another one pops up when we finish, the kabolds are a relatively small race. More lives will be saved if we find out the cause of this before wasting essence to destroy it when it can be remade so simply."

"Actually, they can and do in fact, breed, eat, bleed, and die. Well, mature ones with a Human form do at any rate. I hear a half-Warhammer, half-Luminee has managed to gain quite a bit of power in some Luminee city."

"They breed, but that was an unseen but pleasant consequence. I have never observed one bleeding or eating, at least."

"First of all, that's breaking Council rules. Secondly, I'll agree to not try to make them worshippers. My angels will merely oversee blood contracts and teach them about Soul magic. I think they'd rather like Soul magic considering what it can do for Shinjo and Cosmic magic. This way, I can get some Essence from Influence, you don't lose any followers, and the quality of life for the Armu increases."

"I was fairly clear at your creation, the "Council Rules" mean nothing to me. You might as well be waving around the ordinance of a small town. I do not like your blood contracts, blood marriages, or other blood oaths. My children should be able to trust themselves, and each other. What pathetic state our my children in, if they cannot even trust the one's they love without a contract threatening death made by a foreign god? What kind of state would the world be in, if all contracts where held under the sword? When you can not trust your neighbor, your banker, or even your spouse? Even if I did not have such a problem with it, the way you form them not only gives you power, but allows you to steal their very souls away from me! They will continue researching Soul magic on their own, finding what place it has in society without the corrupting influence of your Angels on my perfect people.'

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: December 24, 2014, 06:49:18 pm »

"I did not say you did so openly. You tried to kill my followers twice, in almost exactly the same way each time. You likely caused this plague, among the other random deaths we have seen occurring. Doing something about it will do nothing if another one pops up when we finish, the kabolds are a relatively small race. More lives will be saved if we find out the cause of this before wasting essence to destroy it when it can be remade so simply."
"How did I kill your followers? Is it anything like the time you had all my High-Elves with guns killed and frozen in a block of ice?

Yes, I know about that.

I think Ki'Tork will want to protect his(her? I'm not sure) creations."
Retired/Extended Sigs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: December 24, 2014, 06:53:08 pm »

"How did I kill your followers? Is it anything like the time you had all my High-Elves with guns killed and frozen in a block of ice?

Yes, I know about that.

I think Ki'Tork will want to protect his(her? I'm not sure) creations."

"The thing you forget is that guns have not been invented yet. Tykii, my five Angels, and I are the only ones who can use them. Everyone understands this, everyone but you. No high elves have guns. No high elves where killed. This was a response to all my followers with guns being killed. This, keeping with what I just said to you, was zero. Again, everyone knew that none of my followers had guns but you. You where the only one who could have done such a thing, because you where the only one who understands this world so poorly to think my followers are armed with firearms. It was simple to figure out who had done such a thing."

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: December 24, 2014, 07:03:26 pm »

"Oh sorry. I misspoke. I meant to say the time someone had done that. I guess I've gotten so used to calling you out on what you have done that I said "you". I know it wasn't you. It would have made no sense for it to be you.

And yes, I know none of my followers had guns. It was a futile attempt and it failed, but I knew about it. Thinking of the exact details, it was either Serac or Neron, since they were supposed to be drowned and frozen. Probably Serac. Fortunately, no one was actually hurt."
Retired/Extended Sigs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: December 24, 2014, 07:12:07 pm »

"Oh sorry. I misspoke. I meant to say the time someone had done that. I guess I've gotten so used to calling you out on what you have done that I said "you". I know it wasn't you. It would have made no sense for it to be you.

And yes, I know none of my followers had guns. It was a futile attempt and it failed, but I knew about it. Thinking of the exact details, it was either Serac or Neron, since they were supposed to be drowned and frozen. Probably Serac. Fortunately, no one was actually hurt."

"No, you spoke just fine. You are simply a bad liar, despite your sphere. It was me who captured, drowned, and put in the desert nobody. I put their non-existent bodies into a message for you, remember? This was a response to a genuine attempt at the life of my followers. It was you who attacked them, again nobody, by doing the same thing. You attempted to drown, freeze, and leave my followers with guns in the desert. They didn't exist, so I let you off with a warning by replying in kind.

Judging by your response, you didn't understand that. This proves that you had not understood that my followers did not have guns. Which logically means it must have been you who assaulted me, or attempted to. Do you deny this? As another proof, the fact that you had not told anyone about the attack meant that nobody knew I suspected you of it. So them (being you) writing your name on my real followers being proof is only further evidence that it is, in fact, you doing the killing."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: December 24, 2014, 07:29:53 pm »

And this is is rapidly falling to a clusterfuck of tense relations. I hate that this time I was a part of it.

Lecty, you just brought upon you hate of two whole races for temporary death of your angel. It is a black mark for you in my memory, but the action was self-punishing so I will not act on it for now.

Kl'Tork, first major action of Kobolds was constructing a fortress. It is worthy of praise in my eyes, so I will help you.

Cure the disease.

Atropos, what were you thinking when you created creatures whose main occupation is killing by illusions? How long do you think it will be before some influential mortal decides to exterminate them all becouse they killed somone dear to them? Mages would be able to hunt them down with ease, Golems and Sepu could continue wandering the deserts and killing for eaons. Then again, mabye something so selfdestructive suits you.

Create Rings of the architect and place one in each of my temples.

Spoiler: Ring of architect (click to show/hide)

Create and distribute Tiamonium across the world.

Spoiler: Tiamonium (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: December 24, 2014, 07:34:58 pm »

"I do not respect you. I fear what you will do to my children. You are like the madman wandering the alleyways, with blood staining his every possession. I try shielding my kids from you, getting them as far away as I can as swiftly as I can, looking at you as a pathetic and broken mess who destroys without purpose and will destroy the things I love if given the chance. You destroyed the souls of two innocent animals, to simply use them as slaves? One being your own creation? That is not a respectable act. It is a disgusting one that puts morally right people on their guard around you."
"Actually, I didn't destroy their souls. They still exist within me. Before you complain, I'll just state that souls I keep within me are as comfortable and at peace as they could possibly feel. It's definitely not the worst fate a being could have and in many ways it's better than living. Their quality of life has not decreased. Besides the fate of their souls, it can be argued that I'm morally superior to those who hunt for sport. They kill for no reason other than for pure enjoyment and are entirely ambivalent of what happens to the soul. I killed the animals for a purpose, I didn't enjoy doing so, and I made sure that in recompense for taking their life I can at least make their death as pleasant and painless as possible."

"They breed, but that was an unseen but pleasant consequence. I have never observed one bleeding or eating, at least."
"When a Shinjo takes Human form, they tend to do Human things like eating and moving of their own volition. There have also been instances where a Shinjo scraped their knee while playing in Human form or something."

"I was fairly clear at your creation, the "Council Rules" mean nothing to me. You might as well be waving around the ordinance of a small town. I do not like your blood contracts, blood marriages, or other blood oaths. My children should be able to trust themselves, and each other. What pathetic state our my children in, if they cannot even trust the one's they love without a contract threatening death made by a foreign god? What kind of state would the world be in, if all contracts where held under the sword? When you can not trust your neighbor, your banker, or even your spouse? Even if I did not have such a problem with it, the way you form them not only gives you power, but allows you to steal their very souls away from me! They will continue researching Soul magic on their own, finding what place it has in society without the corrupting influence of your Angels on my perfect people.'
"Actually, blood contracts are not the norm, they are not expected to be the norm, and it would honestly be terrible for everyone involved - including myself - if they were. Blood contracts are meant to be taken extremely seriously and only for matters of great importance. Children cannot take blood contracts. You also seem to forget that a god of Deception exists, ironically enough."

"The thing you forget is that guns have not been invented yet."
"Actually, yes they have. It seems that mortals have finally invented muskets, and they did so entirely on their own. No idea if they've invented cannons, though, and guns are still pretty rare."

Lecty, you just brought upon you hate of two whole races for temporary death of your angel. It is a black mark for you in my memory, but the action was self-punishing so I will not act on it for now.
"You are a god and so I wouldn't ask that you call me "Lord", but could you perhaps use my first name? I wouldn't even mind if you bastardised it in the same way as you do my surname but it sounds both aggressive and dismissive when called by your surname without a prior title.
"Trivialities aside, I publicly apologised for what I did to the murderers. I regret my actions and I won't do it again."

EDIT: @Fusil: "I will respect your request. My angels shall not enter Armu lands."
The angels that would've gone to Armu lands will instead go to Night Elf settlements.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 07:46:20 pm by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 475