Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615127 times)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T70: Elephant in the room
« Reply #4575 on: December 24, 2014, 07:35:19 pm »

"Perhaps me lying badly is a lie. I might be a really good liar who poses as a bad one, or perhaps I am not lying at all.

I do deny that. I did not do it. I knew that none of the followers had guns and did not try to kill them. Also, why would I write my name on an attack on your people that I have no reason to attack? That's an incredibly stupid accusation."
(Sorry Stirk. I have to go for now. I'd love to continue this argument, but it's Christmas Eve and I'm going celebrate Christmas with my family.)
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: December 24, 2014, 07:50:17 pm »

"Perhaps me lying badly is a lie. I might be a really good liar who poses as a bad one, or perhaps I am not lying at all.

I do deny that. I did not do it. I knew that none of the followers had guns and did not try to kill them. Also, why would I write my name on an attack on your people that I have no reason to attack? That's an incredibly stupid accusation."
(Sorry Stirk. I have to go for now. I'd love to continue this argument, but it's Christmas Eve and I'm going celebrate Christmas with my family.)

(Its fine, merry Christmas! My family doesn't do anything special for Christmas eve, we mostly spend it cleaning up and getting ready for Christmas tomorrow. I'm sure we will restart it later, I won't blow you up or anything until after Christmas  :P)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: December 24, 2014, 08:07:11 pm »

"Actually, I didn't destroy their souls. They still exist within me. Before you complain, I'll just state that souls I keep within me are as comfortable and at peace as they could possibly feel. It's definitely not the worst fate a being could have and in many ways it's better than living. Their quality of life has not decreased. Besides the fate of their souls, it can be argued that I'm morally superior to those who hunt for sport. They kill for no reason other than for pure enjoyment and are entirely ambivalent of what happens to the soul. I killed the animals for a purpose, I didn't enjoy doing so, and I made sure that in recompense for taking their life I can at least make their death as pleasant and painless as possible."

"They exist as what? Phantoms of what they once where? Even if they feel "comfort" or "peace", it is false feelings. It is a lie of a life. Hunting for sport, what is wrong with that? Non-sentient where made for our sentient followers to enjoy in any way they choose. Hunting for sport gives our followers an honorable past time, another use for weapons, and a useful resource that I doubt is wasted. The animal goes on to live another life in the other world, content that it had served its purpose fully. Nothing is truly harmed. You, on the other hand, broke the cycle. You destroyed what they where, simply to have another weak slave.

Are you suggesting that, if you had been a mortal, you would not want to hunt non-sentient dragons just to say that you did?"

"Actually, blood contracts are not the norm, they are not expected to be the norm, and it would honestly be terrible for everyone involved - including myself - if they were. Blood contracts are meant to be taken extremely seriously and only for matters of great importance. Children cannot take blood contracts. You also seem to forget that a god of Deception exists, ironically enough."

"That is beside the point. Why would I allow such a thing in my cities? It breeds nothing but distrust, and if it is broken, then you, a foreign god, devourer my innocent follower's souls. You seem to think I want this, as evidence by you seeming to think I would be glad to have this among my followers. At its best, all it does is breed distrust. At its worst, it is permanently killing my buetiful followers for an incredibly small sin! I will never allow such a thing in any space I can control! You seem to have not noticed that I am not on good terms with said God, and am certainly not letting his Angels march around my capitol cities teaching it as they please."

"Actually, yes they have. It seems that mortals have finally invented muskets, and they did so entirely on their own. No idea if they've invented cannons, though, and guns are still pretty rare."

"Really? What makes you believe that? The only musket I have seen was the one used to beat Yaos to death, and that wasn't fired."

EDIT: @Fusil: "I will respect your request. My angels shall not enter Armu lands."

"You make it sound like I am not holding a gun to your Angel's head at this moment. If any go near Armu lands, my Tykki will kill them. This is a reminder, keep them away from my followers."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: December 24, 2014, 08:13:18 pm »

"Really? What makes you believe that? The only musket I have seen was the one used to beat Yaos to death, and that wasn't fired."

Could you elaborate on the circumstances of the time when you saw this situation?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: December 24, 2014, 08:16:11 pm »

Could you elaborate on the circumstances of the time when you saw this situation?

"When his Angel shared it with the world before transforming into a bunch of dice."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: December 24, 2014, 08:27:29 pm »

The snores of the Goldfather shake the bubble.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4581 on: December 24, 2014, 08:35:39 pm »

Atropos, what were you thinking when you created creatures whose main occupation is killing by illusions? How long do you think it will be before some influential mortal decides to exterminate them all becouse they killed somone dear to them? Mages would be able to hunt them down with ease, Golems and Sepu could continue wandering the deserts and killing for eaons. Then again, mabye something so selfdestructive suits you.
*giggles* All death ends in my favour, remember? :D
Besides, they are just one more danger of the deserts. Compared to the plague that destroyed over a quarter of the Kobolds, they are really not a problem are they?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: December 24, 2014, 08:56:50 pm »

"They exist as what? Phantoms of what they once where? Even if they feel "comfort" or "peace", it is false feelings. It is a lie of a life. Hunting for sport, what is wrong with that? Non-sentient where made for our sentient followers to enjoy in any way they choose. Hunting for sport gives our followers an honorable past time, another use for weapons, and a useful resource that I doubt is wasted. The animal goes on to live another life in the other world, content that it had served its purpose fully. Nothing is truly harmed. You, on the other hand, broke the cycle. You destroyed what they where, simply to have another weak slave."
"So instead of being used for a definitive purpose and being rewarded for very real feelings of peace and comfort, it's better to slaughter them in an endless cycle of death and pain simply because it's amusing to do so."

"Are you suggesting that, if you had been a mortal, you would not want to hunt non-sentient dragons just to say that you did?"
"Yes. Exactly that. It is cruel, destructive, and without purpose. Thus, it is evil. If they were being killed for a proper reason - food, safety, ingredients for a potion - then it might be justified, but killing for killing's sake is wrong. I think. Darruth, is killing for killing's sake evil, neutral, or good?"

"That is beside the point. Why would I allow such a thing in my cities? It breeds nothing but distrust, and if it is broken, then you, a foreign god, devourer my innocent follower's souls. You seem to think I want this, as evidence by you seeming to think I would be glad to have this among my followers. At its best, all it does is breed distrust. At its worst, it is permanently killing my buetiful followers for an incredibly small sin! I will never allow such a thing in any space I can control! You seem to have not noticed that I am not on good terms with said God, and am certainly not letting his Angels march around my capitol cities teaching it as they please."
"I understand and I acquiesce. I'm not quite sure how it can breed distrust, though. To me it seems like it would prevent people from being distrustful. In any case, neither angels nor priests are needed for a blood contract to be written. Anyone with magic can create a blood contract for consenting, non-magical people. Priests are simply who people go to if they want to get married or have someone oversee an oath or something. Purely ceremonial."

"Well unless it really was you that killed Yaos - not that I'm saying or that I believe that you did - then someone must have gotten a musket by mundane means. It's not that unlikely that they'd have been invented by now considering that explosive crossbow bolts exist."

I listen to some prayers. Are there any by a Dwarf who desires to make any artifact?

I give dwarves "increased" common sense. (This'll give them DF personalities for free, right?) "To anyone who objects, please feel free to veto."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: December 24, 2014, 09:30:41 pm »

"So instead of being used for a definitive purpose and being rewarded for very real feelings of peace and comfort, it's better to slaughter them in an endless cycle of death and pain simply because it's amusing to do so."

"The feelings are very false. You cannot simply beam emotions into being's souls and pretend that these are true in any way. They are artificial, you might as well hook them up to mystic snow for all of eternity and pretend that is true happiness. They are animals, they live for years before being killed once, and they do plenty of their own killing in that time. It is the way of the world. The pain is temporary, and death blows are usually not the painful ones. After all, we designed them so that adrenaline and other chemicals will dull pain when it finds it useful. They have eternal life, living as the animals they are forever. That is something real, unlike the phantom existence you gave them, stealing away their true lives for a little of your own pointless use."

"Yes. Exactly that. It is cruel, destructive, and without purpose. Thus, it is evil. If they were being killed for a proper reason - food, safety, ingredients for a potion - then it might be justified, but killing for killing's sake is wrong. I think. Darruth, is killing for killing's sake evil, neutral, or good?"

"They are animals, their corpses always have a purpose. Even if they are left to rot, they give back to their environment. I am sure many hunters would love to prove themselves by taking down something as interesting as a wyrm, if I was a mortal I would love seeing one of their heads over my fire place. Durrath is a fool, I care not for his opinion on the matter. Even if this where true, how is it relevant? Bringing up something else you believe to be a sin does not effect the fact you stole two souls for your own purposes."

"I understand and I acquiesce. I'm not quite sure how it can breed distrust, though. To me it seems like it would prevent people from being distrustful. In any case, neither angels nor priests are needed for a blood contract to be written. Anyone with magic can create a blood contract for consenting, non-magical people. Priests are simply who people go to if they want to get married or have someone oversee an oath or something. Purely ceremonial."

"That, again, proves you to be a fool. If this was done in another way, would you see it as paranoid and distrustful? If, instead of binding a God to eat the soul of their spouse if the cheat, they hire a hitman to watch them 24/7 and kill them if they stray, is that paranoid and distrustful? If a man holds a knife to the Banker's neck as he works, is he trusting them? Getting a blood oath is simply saying "I cannot trust you to do this unless you are willing to give up your very soul". That is not trusting them. That is, in fact, something that you would only wish on someone that you could never trust. Trust is an important thing in society's, and you hope to take that away. What is a marriage without trust? Even then, some successful souls are even pledged to you! If I lose my valuable followers whether or not they lose, why in the world would I allow this to even exist?"

"Well unless it really was you that killed Yaos - not that I'm saying or that I believe that you did - then someone must have gotten a musket by mundane means. It's not that unlikely that they'd have been invented by now considering that explosive crossbow bolts exist."

"Actually, seeing as it was a God who likely did it, it was unlikely to be found by mundane means. There is at least one Void Gunn that may have been used as well. I had a direct hand in creating the exploding bolt enchantment for my armies, they did not come up with that themselves."

I give dwarves "increased" common sense. (This'll give them DF personalities for free, right?) "To anyone who objects, please feel free to veto."

"Veto. Keep your hands off our races. If you wish to meddle so much, make your own."

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: December 24, 2014, 09:39:22 pm »

(Hope everyone has a happy holidays!)

I would like to create a million Neronmas cookies and spread them amongst the Kobolds and High Elves as a gift to improve relations with KI`Tork and QueBare.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: December 24, 2014, 10:01:52 pm »

"Actually, seeing as it was a God who likely did it, it was unlikely to be found by mundane means. There is at least one Void Gunn that may have been used as well. I had a direct hand in creating the exploding bolt enchantment for my armies, they did not come up with that themselves."
"Actually, the Institute of Scientific Advancement of Yaos managed to come up with their own, equally effective explosive bolt a long time ago - before the Second Crusade, even."

"Veto. Keep your hands off our races. If you wish to meddle so much, make your own."
"I tried but then you started complaining anyway."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: December 24, 2014, 10:10:42 pm »

"Actually, the Institute of Scientific Advancement of Yaos managed to come up with their own, equally effective explosive bolt a long time ago - before the Second Crusade, even."

"I created them during the Stone Soldier assault, to get the necessary force to easily slaughter the soldiers. They have sense been upgraded. Far before the fight Yaos liked to call the "Second Crusade"."[/color

"I tried but then you started complaining anyway."

"When did that happen, again? I am sure if I complained, then you had a short sighted and foolish plan for mortal creation."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: December 24, 2014, 11:19:46 pm »

"I created them during the Stone Soldier assault, to get the necessary force to easily slaughter the soldiers. They have sense been upgraded. Far before the fight Yaos liked to call the "Second Crusade"."
"Was there another name for that battle? The angels only thought of it as the Second Crusade."

"When did that happen, again? I am sure if I complained, then you had a short sighted and foolish plan for mortal creation."
"Never mind."

Propose that anyone who doesn't vote on Lawmode or on a proposal surrenders 1 Essence to the Council to be used for any Council projects.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 11:21:24 pm by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T75: Merry Neronmas!
« Reply #4588 on: December 24, 2014, 11:21:37 pm »

Tick 75: Merry Neronmas!

The Bubble quakes with the snores of Azem. A distant, totally irrelevant, and completely unimportant star has gone nova!

The strange beasts strongly radiate Void energy, and the VDD proves to be mostly unnecessary. ISAY, NUKE, and DSMS analyze dead samples (which Malakath did not eat) and report that they probably have something to do with the Void. Researchers at NUKE report that their tentacles would make for a nice dish if combined with sea rice and seaweed.

Malakath has eaten the souls of a wyrm and a warg. The priests of Malakath have gone out to spread the word of Lord Lecta in Mermaid, Human, Gruen, and Ophanim capitals. They avoid the Armu cities for now after seeing potential hostility and visit the Night Elves, who are fascinated by the ideas. It appears the CKG has yet to stumble upon them...

Khaziraad has cured the Kobolds' plague completely, created the Ring of the Architect, and Tiamonium, a fossil fuel with approximately double the energy density of coal.

Malakath hears the following prayers:
"MUAHAHAHAHAHA! This ghost's bones will make for a fine bolt!"
"I want to make something that removes people's souls and burns them like coke. I think you're the right god for this. I MUST HAVE ROCK BLOCKS!"
"Is it true that magma is the blood of the earth?"

Malakath also attempts to grant the Dwarves common sense, but this has been blocked by Fusil and will now require some Essence to complete.

Neron has created a million Neronmas cookies and distributed them among the Kobolds and High Elves.

This update's constellations are the Seraph and Ikaku. The Keshan aurora are fairly bright. The dust ring seems to have changed.

(Khaziraad: -7E)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)
The following players are in danger of being marked as inactive: Ambidextrous/Kli and Detoxicated/The Light. A grace period of an extra tick has been given (to T77).

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Music, Caverns, Fire, and Air.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T75: Merry Neronmas!
« Reply #4589 on: December 24, 2014, 11:29:27 pm »

"Was there another name for that battle? The angels only thought of it as the Second Crusade."

"Does it really need a name? It was a rather pathetic battle. Tykki fought off the Archangels, the mortals shot each other a bit, and everything exploded. "Battle of the Boom"? It wasn't a crusade, naming it such is rather bizarre, and I have no clue what in the world a first crusade would be."

Propose that anyone who doesn't vote on Lawmode or on a proposal surrenders 1 Essence to the Council to be used for any Council projects.

"Oppose. No need to make the council do anything, and that kind of hurts the less active gods needlessly."

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 475