Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616956 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] IC: T76: Tidal
« Reply #4605 on: December 26, 2014, 10:51:21 am »

Alive and dusty? What in the... Are rocks there coming to life or something?

Inspect the ring more closely.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4606 on: December 26, 2014, 11:12:35 am »

Alive and dusty? What in the... Are rocks there coming to life or something?
Coming to life? Maybe a little bit! ;)
I made some dust people on the dust ring!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: December 26, 2014, 12:42:35 pm »

Oh, okay then. May they live long and prosper. I was woried that there were some Void shenenigans going on.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: December 26, 2014, 12:54:49 pm »

Listens to prayers.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: December 26, 2014, 01:18:49 pm »

75.01: Support. "I remember proposing this myself some ticks ago."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: December 26, 2014, 01:39:20 pm »

75.01: Support

Check how the Gruen are doing.

Listen to the prayers of the most loyal Grauel worshipers.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: December 26, 2014, 01:39:48 pm »

"Admit it, who did it...."
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 01:56:12 pm by Ama »

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: December 26, 2014, 03:07:25 pm »

Support 75.01.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: December 26, 2014, 03:08:46 pm »

Support 75.01

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4614 on: December 26, 2014, 04:36:40 pm »

Kl'Tork:  The miracles seem to have attracted a great many followers.

Malakath: While people continue to take interest in your message again, those same people continue to reappear with no memory of the events. This is probably not good for their long-term mental health.

"You should check your formula because souls really don't explode. Else we'd get a lot more gold. I MUST HAVE CUT GEMS!"
"Is it truly evil to have all the surface-dwellers behold the glory of magma?"

The Armu are somewhat supportive because the angels are from a foreign source and they strongly distrust foreigners meddling in their lands for the security issues they raise. They mostly would probably not be OK with Fusil babying them, but in their experience, Fusil is not the sort to try this.

The space spirit in the Keshan system violently clashes with the existing space spirit until only one of them is left alive. It appears  they consider all of space to be a single thing to inhabit.

Are you sure you want to create beings tied to the well-being of the stars? (CoC §1: Potential megadeath+)

Quéßäre:
"What can we do to serve you?"
"Where have the High Elves gone?"
"I wish for the ability to bluff anyone and everyone."

Grauel: The Gruen seem to be doing fairly well. There is much interest in producing a library of sorts of which foods produce which effects both in progeny and in eaters.
"I wish to become a Lord of Hunger someday."
"When will you come down for another feast?"
"Is it true that the Devourer is made of wood?"

(Votes counted)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: December 26, 2014, 04:54:00 pm »

Listen to prayers.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: December 26, 2014, 04:55:47 pm »

KI'Tork speaks to the followers and encourages them to worship KI'Tork and become Eternally Satisfied upon death.
KI'Tork also listens to prayers.
(OOC: What did the guy that invented the Spork say to my offer of eternal life?)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: December 26, 2014, 05:36:10 pm »

Malakath: While people continue to take interest in your message again, those same people continue to reappear with no memory of the events. This is probably not good for their long-term mental health.
The government is informed about what's going on, naming either Fusil or Khaziraad as the likely culprits. The affected will be given Psymental therapy paid for but not conducted by the Soul Church.

"You should check your formula because souls really don't explode. Else we'd get a lot more gold. I MUST HAVE CUT GEMS!"
"Is it truly evil to have all the surface-dwellers behold the glory of magma?"
Ignore. Silly mortal. Telling the goddess of Souls what souls can and can't do.
"As with many things, it all depends on how. If your method ends up wiping out ecosystems or killing swathes of people then it would certainly be evil. If your method entails showing surface-dwellers the practical applications of magma then it would not be evil. I suggest you consult a Darruthian priest in the future whenever you're considering big morality questions such as these."

The space spirit in the Keshan system violently clashes with the existing space spirit until only one of them is left alive. It appears  they consider all of space to be a single thing to inhabit.
Neither aspect of this event makes sense. The first is that I've explicitly stated twice now that I made no space spirit. The 701st spirit was actually the first spirit and it was a lake spirit. Secondly, Spirits get along well with Spirits from outside their feature or even feature type. Spirits from the same feature are considered somewhere between roommates and family. Thirdly, the amount of Spirits that can inhabit a feature is determined by the size of the feature. Even a mere forest would have a few dozens Spirits, let alone the entirety of space. When a feature reaches capacity, it just means it won't give birth to any more Spirits on its own and that blank spirits won't move there of their own volition. It's not an issue that would end with violence or disputes.

Are you sure you want to create beings tied to the well-being of the stars? (CoC §1: Potential megadeath+)
I'm not sure what 'CoC §1' means but they certainly wouldn't be able to cause a megadeath. Even if a star reached capacity and they all focused on one spell, the worst they could do is cause a solar flare that would wreck all electronics on Keshan/Slytha or maybe just cause a heat wave for a day. Stars are extremely far away from their planets. Moreover, Spirits would have no reason to be violent unless the danger of their home being destroyed was very real and very immediate.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 05:54:48 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: December 26, 2014, 06:21:43 pm »

"Oaths are meant only to be taken at the highest levels of responsibility. A vassal's oath of allegiance to his king and his king's oath of protection for the vassal, for example. Alternatively, a prisoner facing capital punishment might instead choose to take an oath to never break the law again and to instead do good by serving a higher purpose. Blood oaths aren't expressions of trust and loyalty - it's merely a tool to ensure it."

"That is exactly the issue. What is a king, if he cannot inspire his own vassals to obey him without the threat of permanent death to a foreign God looming over them permanently? It is not something you would use one someone you should have trust with. You also fail to see the potential problems this causes. This is a tool for people who trust nobody. What if a Tyrant got a hold of this, and forced one upon everyone in his nation? Entire nations of innocents could be lost to you eating them for no reason. You seem to think that Oaths must be good, that is simply not the case. I do not care how serious they are meant to be, they breed only distrust, and steal souls away from other gods for your Lunch or your pathetic Afterlife."

"Blood marriages are more like a trade than an expression of trust. Well, it's still a marriage so it's still an expression of trust but....you know what I mean.

"Reducing marriage to a trade is not something I support. Would you prefer people 'married for heaven'? Marriage should not be something dangerous and unpleasant, or a trial to pass for your God. It should not be something that your partner has to be threatened to keep. And it should not be something that the other Gods have to be worried about you eating their soul with."

"Also, at this point, I should point out that this cost you no essence to make. If, for some reason, we actually liked your ideas, why would we not make our own? If we did so, we would receive the same alleged "benefits", without losing the souls of our followers to you. There is no reason to allow your oaths at all, really."

"The first and second category provide tangible, subjective effects that the couple might want to take. It has nothing to do with trust, it's just two sets of life options that they may or may not want to take and incorporate into their regular marriage.

"I am hardly going to memorize laws I am outlawing. If you are going to be so vague, can't you give a brief description of what you are defending?"

"I'll defend category-3 marriages in a bit but first I have to defend the Heavenly Plane reward. After a successful marriage, the couple gains access to the Heavenly Plane. That means that they get the option of going there instead of reincarnating or going to their favoured god's afterlife.

"Why would I allow that? They have a chance to go away forever? Either they will not use it, making it pointless, or they will and will be stolen away from me."

"First off, you two are entirely right that a category-3.1 marriage only serves to erode trust. I'll have to think about it and possibly remove it. However, agreeing to a category-3.2 marriage isn't necessarily an expression of distrust. If the couple wants access to the Human Plane but don't want the effects or to pay the price of the first two categories, they can just take the category-3.2 marriage which only annuls it if one partner is unfaithful. Since that's the most likely scenario in the case of an unfaithful partner anyway, the only reason a couple would take it is to get into Heaven."

"If the only reason someone would take this marriage is to go to your afterlife, having their souls taken away from me forever, why would I allow that in my cities? That is not a function I want."

"Battle-sibling blood bonds are, like marriages, a kind of trade where benefits are provided in exchange for simply partaking in the bond. Like oaths, though, it's also rather important and rather necessary. The worst thing for a soldier isn't to be cut down by an enemy - it's to be cut down by your supposed comrade-in-arms. If you go into battle without being entirely sure your comrade isn't going to turn on you you'll automatically be at a disadvantage. Life-and-death battles are serious business. In that case, trust shouldn't be given on what pretty much amounts to a gentleman's agreement."

"Trust is immensely important in military situations. If you cannot trust your fellow soldiers to not cut you down without a God eating their souls, you have already lost the battle. That is a simple truth. There is no time in history, from shield walls to guns, you need to trust your comrades. All this does is say 'I cannot trust you'. If you need it, then you already lose."

"Again, I stress, if it where the case that another god actually liked these arguments and bended to them, there is nothing stopping them from making their own sets with their own afterlife. Letting your particular laws in only lets you become more powerful, and devourer their souls, or steal them away in other ways."

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4619 on: December 26, 2014, 06:24:23 pm »

Neron:
NUKE researcher: "We have finally discovered a sufficiently inexpensive method of producing stones that absorb the blasted heat, however slowly!"
Rani Traveler: "Why is there so much pink ice here?"
NUKE researcher: "We would like your advice on a certain undisclosed project."

Kl'Tork: You continue your ministry, spreading news about your ways.
(I think he said yes, but I'm not sure if I managed to post it anywhere.)

Malakath:
Correction: No space spirit exists at all at the moment. She was just a lake spirit, as it turns out.

Unoccupied space isn't nearly as complex as a tree now, is it? It counts as being much smaller than its size suggests to avoid people filling it up completely with immense quantities of something and ruining everything for everyone else (or at least inviting aggression and preventable permadeaths).

CoC §1: Code of Conduct section 1 (GINYF for the section sign, I admit). Solar flares aren't the concern; what may happen if a nature spirit inside a star dies? Humans at least seem to experience near-death experiences that often seem similar to the effects of hallucinogens, so what would happen if a bunch of them inadvertently use magic while dying?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 475