Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615188 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] IC: T76: Tidal
« Reply #4635 on: December 27, 2014, 01:49:59 am »

CoC §1: Code of Conduct section 1 (GINYF for the section sign, I admit). Solar flares aren't the concern; what may happen if a nature spirit inside a star dies? Humans at least seem to experience near-death experiences that often seem similar to the effects of hallucinogens, so what would happen if a bunch of them inadvertently use magic while dying?
(Ah. I think of it as Anath's Code of Conduct. What's GINYF? I'm actually not sure what would happen if they use magic while dying. Maybe throw an extra fireball or something?)

"You seem to have a problem with 'discipline', seeing as your followers just happen to think antagonizing other Gods is a good idea. As their leader, I am sure you know who gets punished for discipline problems?"
"It was just an unfortunate Tick. Leave it alone. As a leader, I am sure who gets punished for discipline problems. I have decided to give them a warning. Punishment will be more severe if repeat incidents occur, at least in terms of the Controller. The Spirits were simply misguided and honestly, it was a sweet gesture. Still, they won't do something like that again."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T77: The Spreadening
« Reply #4636 on: December 27, 2014, 02:02:37 am »

"It was just an unfortunate Tick. Leave it alone. As a leader, I am sure who gets punished for discipline problems. I have decided to give them a warning. Punishment will be more severe if repeat incidents occur, at least in terms of the Controller. The Spirits were simply misguided and honestly, it was a sweet gesture. Still, they won't do something like that again."

"An unfortunate tick where your followers 'just happen' to, completely on their own, commit both espionage and theft that you happen to benefit from? I was suggesting that the leader is the one to be punished for discipline problems such as this. As a leader, do you know who that is? As you answered my last question incorrectly, I will be more blunt. I am saying that you are at fault, as the leader."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: December 27, 2014, 02:11:15 am »

Azem mutters to himself in his sleep.

"Protect them. Protect them."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4638 on: December 27, 2014, 02:12:48 am »

Malakath and Neron: Malakath gives Neron the spy captured at ISAY. Strangely enough, the spy does not actually belong to Neron.

Malakath and Joha: Malakath has given Joha the Life Orb.

(Quéßäre: -1-0E)
Quéßäre: "Thank you! I will never forget this gift!"

"To all the gods, one of you is performing handstands right now while carrying a bumblebee beetween your teeth!"

Malakath:
(I guess specifying Anath's Code of Conduct or at least ACoC would have been much clearer. GINYF was derived from GIYF, standing for Google Is Your Friend in reference to a lack of searching for the answer to something independently. In this case, the section sign § is virtually unsearchable on Google and searchable on DDG, Yahoo, WP, and Bing, making it literally but not practically true.)

(Solar flares aren't terribly likely to cause extinction events, but keep in mind that these are creatures who have a high chance of being able to use magic naturally and are boosted in their selected homes' spheres (somewhat more literally in this case). It's just something to consider, I suppose.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: December 27, 2014, 02:14:26 am »

Grants wish. (S)he can now successfully bluff to anyone about anything.
VETO. "Doing that has a chance of breaking the universe, because for a bluff to be always successful, it needs to warp reality accordingly. It is definitely not a good idea to give such power to a mortal without very careful consideration. (And likely not even possible.)"

"I was suggesting that the leader is the one to be punished for discipline problems such as this. As a leader, do you know who that is? As you answered my last question incorrectly, I will be more blunt. I am saying that you are at fault, as the leader."
"It's nice to see you've swung your opinion to the right side of the matter, or is this just more of your hypocrisy?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: December 27, 2014, 02:16:47 am »

How are the Mountwyrms, Gem Dragons, Dwarves, Humans, and Merfolk doing?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: December 27, 2014, 02:23:00 am »

VETO. "Doing that has a chance of breaking the universe, because for a bluff to be always successful, it needs to warp reality accordingly. It is definitely not a good idea to give such power to a mortal without very careful consideration. (And likely not even possible.)"

"No, it does not. He is literally just bluffing. If he says, for example, that the house behind him is made of Jelly Rolls, then the listener will believe it. The house will remain not made out of jellyrolls, as is normal."

"It's nice to see you've swung your opinion to the right side of the matter, or is this just more of your hypocrisy?"

"It is more of your stupidity. Do you even remember what our old argument was about? The God of Blood obviously ordered his followers to do this. The fact that I could order his followers to do this means that punishing him for what his followers have done is rather futile, isn't it?

I suppose I will show an example, one much more harmless than your own."

I find a worshiper of Cim (or, failing that, a Void Cultists) and give him a dream. In the dream, Cim appears before them. He has a bizarre mustache on, and explains that this is his true form. He stats to this worshiper that all of his statues and paintings of Cim got his form wrong, and this must be corrected immediately. Dream!Cim then orders the follower to take up a pen and remedy this situation by drawing mustaches on all the statues, paintings, and other works of art featuring Cim. He promises rewards if this is done.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: December 27, 2014, 02:38:10 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 04:05:11 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: December 27, 2014, 04:37:16 am »

"I suppose I will show an example, one much more harmless than your own."

I find a worshiper of Cim (or, failing that, a Void Cultists) and give him a dream. In the dream, Cim appears before them. He has a bizarre mustache on, and explains that this is his true form. He stats to this worshiper that all of his statues and paintings of Cim got his form wrong, and this must be corrected immediately. Dream!Cim then orders the follower to take up a pen and remedy this situation by drawing mustaches on all the statues, paintings, and other works of art featuring Cim. He promises rewards if this is done.
"I don't even need to veto or act. Know that this won't happen. Don't think I haven't made any preparations."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: December 27, 2014, 05:35:55 am »

"We will see. Do you understand my point this time? When we can control other's followers so easily, it is foolish to hold them accountable for their follower' actions. In other words, you would be held at fault for your new mustaches.[\color]

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [11+/999 players] IC: T62: Processing
« Reply #4645 on: December 27, 2014, 08:22:55 am »

Seven angelic figures stand before the Council. Their names are Pat, Tom, Rita, Ben, Tria, Mil, and Cassie, and they explain that they are personifications of the Virtues of Patience, Temperance, Charity, Kindness, Diligence, Humility, and Chastity. They also explain that gods exhibiting their virtues will be rewarded.
"I request a reward for my efforts into observing the seven virtues. I have been working very hard since my birth to expand the world around me by introducing new races, magic, and ideas in the relatively short time I've been here, thus showing diligence. That I haven't fallen beneath ten Essence while doing so (I think) and that I still manage to have a high Essence count after it all shows that I am also temperate.
"I admit that I have not been as kind as I would have liked, especially concerning the Golems and the Gremlins. I thought I might be able to save them but in the end the most I could do was apologise. I still feel remorse for my vengeful actions.
"For charity, I have given mortals an exclusive and powerful gift that neither angels nor gods can ever attain, the natural world how has guardians that might defend it from ecological destruction without reliance on the gods, and I have given the Armu a powerful tool to enhance their magic despite not being allowed to spread my religion there.
"I do not know how patient I have been and the less said about humility the better.
"As for chastity, I have not spread my religion to other races unless their chosen gods have consented and my blood contracts enforce fidelity better than any other system before. Unlike some other gods, I do not hoard my followers and prevent them from worshipping other divine figures.
"For these reasons, I claim that I should receive the reward you offer."
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 08:26:49 am by Andres »

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: December 27, 2014, 11:07:26 am »

"The food at my restaurant suddenly turned into old shoes! Should I tell them it is an exotic aged steak from Gruen lands?"

"My child, A Proper Chef can make an excellent meal out of anything, Just Roll with it dude."
KI'Tork makes the old shoes taste like the best thing that the patrons have ever eaten. The Chef will think that he pulled it of himself which should give him a much needed self-confidence boost, Also make the chef and the patrons feel a vague sense of KI'Tork's Presence.

"How can I best serve you, Kl'Tork?"
" You must do all that you can to satisfy others, And stop those who desire more than what is rightfully theirs to keep, Now go forth and Satisfy."

"I need a spice both sweet and bitter. Do you have any suggestions?"
"Two words, Sugared Lemons, It'll work trust me."

KI'Tork creates a race of Ogres that fanatically serve the Kobolds, I give the Ogres very basic intelligence, Enough to speak, Along with making and using Primitive weapons and armor, The Ogres are anywhere between 9-15 feet tall, weigh upwards of 3000 pounds, and live to be around 20 years old. They have Enhanced Muscles in comparison to other giant creatures, Think a gorilla to an ordinary human, They'll have babies in litters of 2-5.
"Now the Kobolds aren't quite so weak."

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: December 27, 2014, 12:04:27 pm »

Thank you, Malakath!

I'll put the orb back in its original location.

"Should we work on containment of our creations more? Some of them may be best in strict captivity."
With anything particularly dangerous, I'd say that, yes, you should at least try to keep them away from places they could cause trouble.
"Come visit our beautiful glowing fungal gardens!"
Sure, I'll come!
Ikan elder: "The Void seems to have encroached from the deep denizens recently. What is happening?"
That... depends. Chances are, it's just something different from what you deem normal and not actually of the Void. It's always safe to check, though, so...
Anyone have a Void detector I can borrow for a bit?
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: December 27, 2014, 12:30:14 pm »

"I never sent a spy to ISAY Malakath. Do you have any idea whose spy it is?

Also, I can`t release your spies they have seen to much.

Send a collection of NUKE scientists to investigate the pink snow.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: December 27, 2014, 01:49:45 pm »

"No, it will not break the world. His lies will only be believed, not be made real."
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 475