Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615176 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T79: Gambit pileup
« Reply #4695 on: December 29, 2014, 04:37:00 pm »

"I Oppose Proposal 75.01."

Personaly, I too would prefer if you stoped blind rage until you learned enough of them to diferentiate between decoys and actual enemies, Fusil. Let them talk, it is up to you to put any ammount of trust in their words. See if you can use what they say against them. Find what they lie abaut and what they try to hide. Even should you fail to find a tactical advantage, you may be able to convince others of your righteousnes.

"These are the ones who are actively acting on our planet at the moment. That makes them an enemy. I do not care what their overall goals are, their actions planet side have shown them to be no different from each other. Do not listen to them. Do not let them talk. Push them as far away as we can. It is the only way our bubble will survive."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: December 29, 2014, 04:45:12 pm »

So learn abaut them, their goals and their means. Then, cut down the problem at it's roots. Right now, we have no idea how to deal with the overall Void influence problem. Beides, if we manage to get a faction of Void to fight another faction, their power will deplete and their presence here will decrease.

And why the hell are you oposing 75.01?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: December 29, 2014, 04:54:37 pm »

Azem makes a point of glaring in Fusil's direction, but doesn't try to say anything.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: December 29, 2014, 05:09:40 pm »

So learn abaut them, their goals and their means. Then, cut down the problem at it's roots. Right now, we have no idea how to deal with the overall Void influence problem. Beides, if we manage to get a faction of Void to fight another faction, their power will deplete and their presence here will decrease.

And why the hell are you oposing 75.01?

"Their goals, their "means", and whatever else is not important. We cannot deal with the overall Void problem by inviting more Void in! If they fight in our bubble, our bubble will be completely ravaged. It will not matter if both sides are weakened if we are destroyed as a result. Their goals are irrelevant, and even then they mean the destruction of our bubble for their purposes. So long as we can at least drive them out, we will not have to worry about them."

"I opposed it because, as the council is now, it will mean that every proposal will pass eventually. So long as the proposer continues to propose it, eventually it will be over looked. Then it will pass. It makes things far too easy, why change what is happening now? People vote on what they are interested in. There have simply not been enough interesting proposals for the Gods to be interested in voting."

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: December 29, 2014, 05:54:01 pm »

I support 75.01

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: December 29, 2014, 06:19:39 pm »

An Ice Titan and some Frozen Guard are to investigate the weird Void sphere while a team of NUKE agents are to take samples of the pink snow back to NUKE.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: December 29, 2014, 09:06:11 pm »

I support 75.0.1
"The Llluminants have this message for you, Shadowed One:

'do not touch our children  innocent they are and more precious are they to us than a mullltitude of gods  for every one of ours you harm one of yours we will harm proportionallly past present or future'

I willl be here for this tick to mediate between you and the Llluminants. May you be blessed with the Eye of the Bridgemaker."

I find the guy who can bluff anything and hands him a metaphorical megaphone and a physical note reading:

"For every one of my precious followers you harm, I will harm your exponentially! To the power of a billion! We have already found a way to easily destroy all of the Void! In fact, we have done so so long ago that creation is just catching up. You are already dead. And you can't even try to harm us, because you are dead and dead people can't act.

Signed Fusil, dictated but not read."

(Worth a try, right?)
"What are you doing?! He is not your puppet!"
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: December 29, 2014, 09:09:43 pm »

"Everyone is my puppet."

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: December 29, 2014, 09:51:35 pm »

"Everyone is my puppet."
"And you wonder why everyone hates you."
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: December 29, 2014, 09:53:20 pm »

"Everyone is my puppet."

So you purposefully make people kill your own followers, then?

Support 75.01, I guess
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: December 29, 2014, 09:59:13 pm »

Additionally, I'd like to bring something to the council's attention.

Whatever killed the megabeasts took the bodies, as well, though I know not who. I may be able to determine it with some effort, though.
Void Activity has massively increased, even amongst those previously associated with it.

Combined with all the Void things showing up in the Council Chambers...well, I can't say I'm not suspicious.

Spend 2 Essence; Find Palatino. If I'm opposed, spend another to figure out who's opposing me, because that would make them either the culprit or Fusil/Quéßäre intentionally fucking with me.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: December 29, 2014, 10:04:09 pm »

"And you wonder why everyone hates you."

"Should I care for a puppets opinion?"

So you purposefully make people kill your own followers, then?

"Just because everyone is my puppet does not mean their every dance is controlled by me."

Whatever killed the megabeasts took the bodies, as well, though I know not who. I may be able to determine it with some effort, though.
Void Activity has massively increased, even amongst those previously associated with it.

Combined with all the Void things showing up in the Council Chambers...well, I can't say I'm not suspicious.

"I doubt the megabeasts deaths are related to the increased activity. The mortal servants of the Void appear to be working toward a massive summoning ritual, which is likely taking place on the planet the Null Apparition (NA) is floating over. We must put a stop to it immediately."

Spend 2 Essence; Find Palatino. If I'm opposed, spend another to figure out who's opposing me, because that would make them either the culprit or Fusil/Quéßäre intentionally fucking with me.

That is something you probably want to do in secret, at least the second part is.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: December 29, 2014, 10:26:43 pm »

((At this point? I could care less. It's difficult to oppose someone doing something specifically if you oppose them, because it's like stepping on a trip wire farther down one side. It still causes the trap to go off.))

While I could continue to argue about your idea of everyone being puppets and the hypocrisy of you being insulted by things yet feeling free to do the same to quite literally everyone else, we both know what the other would say, and we both know what the other one thinks about it.

So let's move on to the part where I, for once, agree with you. Regardless of whether the Void has Good applications, such a massive summoning ceremony is certainly neither Good nor safe for either God or mortal. A concentration of Good such as that...Well, I suppose now is a good a time as any.

Create the Arkanjel Viminal, the Angel of Confession. Purification powers, particularly of magical influences, whether they be Void, Divine, Mortal, or Other, and of Evil, mind-reading abilities, Cleansing abilities, and of course debuffs, particularly those related to morale, guilt, and shame. Also, powerful healing abilities. Possibly other powers in a PM if I feel up to it.

Oh yeah, he should be rather protected from Void influences, possibly as a byproduct of the method he cleans it away. AKA I don't want him dying instantly because the Void doesn't like my getting uppity.

((For comparison, if previous Void-cleaning abilities/angels have been brooms and mops, this guy is an industrial grade combination vacuum/steam-cleaner with customizable lye-pressure-washer attachment and cupholders))
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:28:49 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: December 29, 2014, 10:37:36 pm »

((At this point? I could care less. It's difficult to oppose someone doing something specifically if you oppose them, because it's like stepping on a trip wire farther down one side. It still causes the trap to go off.))

(Just thought I would give you a friendly reminder ::))

While I could continue to argue about your idea of everyone being puppets and the hypocrisy of you being insulted by things yet feeling free to do the same to quite literally everyone else, we both know what the other would say, and we both know what the other one thinks about it.

"And yet you feel you should insult me again, certainly that builds toward your goals. I seem to remember one of those Angels representing "pettiness", correct? It was simply a response to his quip. I do not outwardly believe that all of creation are puppets to me. "

So let's move on to the part where I, for once, agree with you. Regardless of whether the Void has Good applications, such a massive summoning ceremony is certainly neither Good nor safe for either God or mortal. A concentration of Good such as that...Well, I suppose now is a good a time as any.

"And what do you hope to do with this Janitor, clean the corpses of the fallen as the summoned demon prances its way across our world? We need a much more concrete effort."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: December 29, 2014, 10:58:53 pm »

(Just thought I would give you a friendly reminder ::))
((See, I was gonna say thanks for trying to be friendly, and apologize for snapping at you, since I'm just in a bad mood right now for unrelated reasons and reacted unfairly, but then you go and link to a video on repeat calling me stupid. What did you think that would accomplish, besides being rude?))

"And yet you feel you should insult me again, certainly that builds toward your goals. I seem to remember one of those Angels representing "pettiness", correct? It was simply a response to his quip. I do not outwardly believe that all of creation are puppets to me. "
Honestly, Fusil, I have no idea what you will or will not consider an insult. From where I stand, it seems entirely arbitrary. So I don't really bother with trying to avoid it anymore; at least as far as I am aware, an accusation, observation, or statement is only insulting if it is intentional, close to home, and said by an equal. Which is why I don't feel insulted when a Mortal or Angel(I'm referring to Yaos' angels right now, by the way, though you probably knew that) is 'insulting'. In any case, that's certainly a relief. There is a certain proposed law(in the 'laws of physics' sense of the word) named after a mortal, whose name I cannot remember, but it goes along the lines of 'the parody of an extremist position is indistinguishable from an actual extremist position.' So I couldn't be entirely sure.

"And what do you hope to do with this Janitor, clean the corpses of the fallen as the summoned demon prances its way across our world? We need a much more concrete effort."
It is a start, which seems to be more than you are currently doing at the very least(and before you grow inordinately offended, keep in mind that it is true for the moment and all you must do to rectify that is begin something of your own that I can see, for obviously if you did it in secret I wouldn't know you'd done it. *sighs*), and moreover, we both know how long the Council takes in order to take action. That said, I might as well begin the proposal in the hopes that maybe they'll miraculously do something inside of a tick. Can't harm anything, at least...

And again, I must ask; if you insult others so freely, why do you expect them to do anything else to you? Contempt breeds resentment, not obedience.

Propose we deal with the Summoning and/or other new Void Activity in a way that keeps the influence from spreading
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 475