Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616950 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T81: The Ice of Stalemates
« Reply #4830 on: January 01, 2015, 10:05:14 pm »

"It was a bad example. Having an arbiter of magic to manage its complexity would probably be rather useful."

"I don't think you even fully understand magic as it is. How can you hope to control something you do not understand?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: January 01, 2015, 10:11:52 pm »

I use my prophets to tell my followers to make an addition to their churches and shrines to me. All statues of me will now have the word sclup engraved on them!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:16:01 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: January 01, 2015, 10:14:56 pm »

"It was a bad example. Having an arbiter of magic to manage its complexity would probably be rather useful."

"I don't think you even fully understand magic as it is. How can you hope to control something you do not understand?"
"That would be my job, actually. As arbiter, I would have no more control over it than anyone else. All I would do is create as clear and concise understanding of its various branches and applications as possible."

Example if I was arbiter:
Fusil: "I just created thaumetallurgy. This is what it does: [stuff]."
Malakath (as arbiter): Based on that description, I'd say it's a combination of Universal and Elemental magic.

"That would be the extent of my job."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: January 01, 2015, 10:20:52 pm »

"That would be my job, actually. As arbiter, I would have no more control over it than anyone else. All I would do is create as clear and concise understanding of its various branches and applications as possible."

Example if I was arbiter:
Fusil: "I just created thaumetallurgy. This is what it does: [stuff]."
Malakath (as arbiter): Based on that description, I'd say it's a combination of Universal and Elemental magic.

"That would be the extent of my job."

"That is unnecessary, and as I said before, you do not understand magic well enough to do that. Do you understand what half the magic does? As far as you know, thaumetallurgy could be an offshoot of cosmic or enchantment, or its own branch altogether. Once gain, you do not understand magic as well as you think you do. Did you even know it was powered by cooking?"

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T82: Conciliary fixation
« Reply #4834 on: January 01, 2015, 10:26:01 pm »

Tick 82: Conciliary Fixation

Azem:
"Visions of devastation and abominations and those who take lives."

The evil person has gone on to knock down a random person, stomping and beating mercilessly. In another contrived twist of failed evil, the person being beaten was a hired murderer come to collect a debt.

There is a massive revolution on Muma! The Armu and Seppo are delighted to supply weapons to all participants while staying mostly uninvolved. The Gruen stay out of it. Many Mumans die needlessly in the fighting, and some on both sides have turned to Malakath for blood-drinker-ism.

(Quota: I'm not sure how to describe it better. Perhaps request? It's like you've received at least 100% of what you came for. In any case, with the newer redefinition of the blood-drinker plan, there is enough support.)

Malakath has created the Soul Weapons and Soul Protectors and informed the sapients of them. However, this does not actually reach all of them because of logistical and diplomatic issues.

Kl'Tork has given the Ogre a pile of ground willow bark and stomach medicine. The Ogre seems to have improved a bit overall.

Melyssa has constructed a large city of emerald and copper for the Flagellants.

Melyssa:
"But that would be mean! Maybe we could make the cushions on the Thick Chair thicker instead?"
"Thank you!"
"Little fleshy almost hairless two-legged creatures that die when they try opening our doors."

Atropos:
The worshipper has entered the portal and is waiting with a deck of cards.

Malakath has sent angel priests to Muma (as seen above). Additionally, she has sent angel priests to tour the Dwarven and Night Elf capitals on both worlds, Raksha capitals, Merperson capitals, Human capitals, and Wood Elf capitals. The ones visiting the Night Elves have been arrested by shadowy figures and pray that they are in a cell near a chamber with a starry roof. The Wood Elves receive the visiting angel priests fairly warmly and comment that the Nature Spirits make fine workers for the more magically intensive laboratory work. The merpeople in general are rather apathetic but maintain standard diplomatic hospitality, as do the Humans. The Dwarves are divided in their opinions, and a rather vocal faction sees Malakath as the malevolent aspect of their true god of Blood. The general populace of the Raksha seethe at having to quarter the agents of any god at all.

A series of books apparently parodying Fusil and Tykki have been released and are well received even in Armu lands. Unsurprisingly, a devoted Armu has produced a more sympathetic parody of Fusil and Tykki closer to the author of the first series' initial vision.

(Malakath: Now is a good time to start running! :P)

Malakath has begun energy-blasting the Spooky City.

(Dragons in general don't tend to aggregate enough to form cities or even villages.)

Khaziraad has created 500 angels identical in form and power to the original five angels. The five original ones have been improved and assigned 100 of the new angels to command. One of the originals has begun bombing the city along with Malakath.

Malakath has flown into the Keshan sun. It burns!

The Merfolk seem to be quite successful. They have integrated themselves with the other marine races and the land-dweller trade network. In doing so, they have managed to import industrial quantities of metal while still maintaining a net export balance.

Kl'Tork has granted the Immortal Kobold a massive boost and an obligation to spread the word of Kl'Tork. His resistance to pain cannot banish the emotional pain he feels with being unable to do what he enjoyed before.

Quéßäre has instructed that all statues of him contain an engraving of the word "sclup."

A temporal shudder passes through the Bubble.

This update's constellations are the Hammer and Gravestone. Solar activity is extremely high for Slytha's sun. The (mundane) Slythan aurora can be seen halfway to the equator (45$\degree$)

(Malakath: -4E, Melyssa: -4E, Khaziraad: -6E, Kl'Tork: -3E)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (7) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (4) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Salt, Day, Strength, and Air. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Honesty and Theft.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: January 01, 2015, 10:44:39 pm »

"...Tykki, hit Malakath with a stick."

As the children who grew up reading the books,well, grow up and realize the parody it is meant to be, the Author will release a gritty reboot of the series where the two fight off armies of stone men, Malakath's blood drinkers, and Void things. The now-grown children, in a combination of feeling kinship for their childhood heroes and fervor for the new books, will be nudged favorably toward Fusil.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: January 01, 2015, 11:08:14 pm »

Check on my Wolf People.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: January 01, 2015, 11:10:36 pm »

There is a massive revolution on Muma! The Armu and Seppo are delighted to supply weapons to all participants while staying mostly uninvolved. The Gruen stay out of it. Many Mumans die needlessly in the fighting, and some on both sides have turned to Malakath for blood-drinker-ism.

(Quota: I'm not sure how to describe it better. Perhaps request? It's like you've received at least 100% of what you came for. In any case, with the newer redefinition of the blood-drinker plan, there is enough support.)
Hmm....do I want to support the side I started the revolution against or the side who has the most amount of people in its faction? I think I'll give the blood-drinker trait to the 50 most good, devoted-to-me, and not-stupid/insane Revolutionary Mumans. Also, I give the order for my angel to join the fight.

I grant the people who want to be blood drinkers the blood-drinker(sanguiphagia) trait, with the parameters as previously discussed.

Malakath has created the Soul Weapons and Soul Protectors and informed the sapients of them. However, this does not actually reach all of them because of logistical and diplomatic issues.
Luckily, I'm a god, and talking to every sapient has been confirmed to be a free action so I just tell everyone about Soul Items in a normal, balanced fashion.

The ones visiting the Night Elves have been arrested by shadowy figures and pray that they are in a cell near a chamber with a starry roof.
This is troubling. Angel priests are supposed to be as powerful as Yaos' Controller angels who were reported to be less powerful than regular angels but more powerful than Paladins - elite, combat-enhanced, immortal Humans. Either these shadowy figures are really powerful or my angels are just playing along. In any case, I break them out, attempting not to kill anyone but doing so if I must and taking any spare (unoccupied) angel priests with me. (Are my angel priests praying that they're in a starry roof or is something else praying?)

The general populace of the Raksha seethe at having to quarter the agents of any god at all.
I extract the angels from the Raksha settlements, apologise for the inconvenience, and I take them with me to free the imprisoned angel priests.

Malakath has begun energy-blasting the Spooky City.

Khaziraad has created 500 angels identical in form and power to the original five angels. The five original ones have been improved and assigned 100 of the new angels to command. One of the originals has begun bombing the city along with Malakath.

Malakath has flown into the Keshan sun. It burns!
I was actually supposed to go to the sun instead of blast the city since Khazo has that covered but since nothing bad happened I guess it's fine.

Luckily, I'm a god. I can just take the form of something that can withstand the sun's temperature or else just turn immaterial.

Solar activity is extremely high for Slytha's sun.
Seems I flew into the wrong sun. I instead check out the Slythan sun, first with my god vision and then by flying in if I have to.

"...Tykki, hit Malakath with a stick."

As the children who grew up reading the books,well, grow up and realize the parody it is meant to be, the Author will release a gritty reboot of the series where the two fight off armies of stone men, Malakath's blood drinkers, and Void things. The now-grown children, in a combination of feeling kinship for their childhood heroes and fervor for the new books, will be nudged favorably toward Fusil.
Support 79.05. Malakath wonders if the stick is enchanted against fire.

Veto. The author is retired and happy and wouldn't want to write any more books. Also, the Gem Dragon publisher wouldn't publish such a book because it's intelligent and knows it would likely ruin the franchise. If by some miracle it managed to pass (considering that I'm vetoing it), the children's parents would be horrified by the new violent content they've been tricked into buying for their children and will blame Fusil for it, seeing it as the obvious propaganda that it is.

EDIT: (Seems I lost this during post-creation.)

The Dwarves are divided in their opinions, and a rather vocal faction sees Malakath as the malevolent aspect of their true god of Blood.
I'm more interested that they consider me the malevolent aspect of their "true god of Blood" than that they have such a god. I tell my angels to open up diplomatic information links to find out more about this god, why they find me malevolent, and to generally build a better relationship with the Dwarves.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 11:21:46 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4838 on: January 01, 2015, 11:16:27 pm »

The worshipper has entered the portal and is waiting with a deck of cards.
Hello [Name]!
What are you here to do? Play a friendly game of cards, gamble for a longer life, something else?

If anyone tries to cheat while in my plane, they will be killed and fed to The Lunagee.

Also, I send some Lunagee dust warriors to join in the fighting on Muma.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 11:21:00 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: January 01, 2015, 11:21:33 pm »

This is troubling. Angel priests are supposed to be as powerful as Yaos' Controller angels who were reported to be less powerful than regular angels but more powerful than Paladins - elite, combat-enhanced, immortal Humans. Either these shadowy figures are really powerful or my angels are just playing along. In any case, I break them out, attempting not to kill anyone but doing so if I must. (Are my angel priests praying that they're in a starry roof or is something else praying?)

Yaos controller angels are pretty weak, even the regular Angels are pretty weak without enchantments. Remember how my Angels where able to decimate the Paladins with no trouble?

Veto. The author is retired and happy and wouldn't want to write any more books. Also, the Gem Dragon publisher wouldn't publish such a book because it's intelligent and knows it would likely ruin the franchise. If by some miracle it managed to pass (considering that I'm vetoing it), the children's parents would be horrified by the new violent content they've been tricked into buying for their children and will blame Fusil for it, seeing it as the obvious propaganda that it is.

"Keep that veto up, and I will consider this pointless blasphemy an attempt to steal my followers and will retaliate as such."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: January 01, 2015, 11:27:33 pm »

Yaos controller angels are pretty weak, even the regular Angels are pretty weak without enchantments. Remember how my Angels where able to decimate the Paladins with no trouble?
Indeed. One of Yaos' regulars managed to easily beat ten Paladins who attacked it at once. However, even a mere Paladin is kind of OP when compared to a mortal, let alone something in between that and a full-on angel.

"Keep that veto up, and I will consider this pointless blasphemy an attempt to steal my followers and will retaliate as such."
"Considering that you're putting me on the same side as those stone warriors (I wasn't even around back then) and Void beings, I'd say you're doing the same thing. I'm just vetoing your attempt at slander - I'm not trying to steal your followers."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: January 01, 2015, 11:33:52 pm »

Indeed. One of Yaos' regulars managed to easily beat ten Paladins who attacked it at once. However, even a mere Paladin is kind of OP when compared to a mortal, let alone something in between that and a full-on angel.

Not really. The Vindico didn't have much trouble against them, and they where fairly comparable to the mortal opponents during that war.

"Considering that you're putting me on the same side as those stone warriors (I wasn't even around back then) and Void beings, I'd say you're doing the same thing. I'm just vetoing your attempt at slander - I'm not trying to steal your followers."

"In retaliation for you making this insult in the first place. Unless your goal was to spill the blood of your followers, what was the purpose of that other than to take followers away from me? Ill say it again. If you continue the veto, I will retaliate. We do not have enough resources for you to distract me right now, the summoning ritual is still going on."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: January 01, 2015, 11:39:35 pm »

((...Where's my Arkanjel?))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: January 01, 2015, 11:48:44 pm »

Not really. The Vindico didn't have much trouble against them, and they where fairly comparable to the mortal opponents during that war.
The Humanos Grande proved an effective match against a Vindico and the Controllers could kill them pretty easily.

"In retaliation for you making this insult in the first place. Unless your goal was to spill the blood of your followers, what was the purpose of that other than to take followers away from me? Ill say it again. If you continue the veto, I will retaliate. We do not have enough resources for you to distract me right now, the summoning ritual is still going on."
"Insult?? In case you haven't noticed, children and even adults LOVE your character. The books are more of an affectionate parody than a condemning one. Perhaps you should read a few copies?"
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 11:56:30 pm by Andres »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: January 01, 2015, 11:55:43 pm »

Azem sits in the corner of the Council meta-location with stack of said books.
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 475