Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616647 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] IC: T83: Dissolve the Opposition?
« Reply #4905 on: January 04, 2015, 03:54:58 am »

"Oh well, I guess there's nothing else to do."
Support giving Fusil's voice back

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] IC: T83: Dissolve the Opposition?
« Reply #4906 on: January 04, 2015, 05:15:10 am »

"There there, it was a good joke while it lasted. Maybe next time we can take away her ability to get angry."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T84: Incubation of Discontent
« Reply #4907 on: January 04, 2015, 05:20:03 am »

Tick 84: Incubation of Discontent

81.02 has been rolled back. Atropos is no longer the Arbiter of Prophecy.

The angels have report having seen an orb of metal appearing and releasing a massive explosion near the center of the city. The glass spiders see no new monsters at the area where the town was.

Khaziraad:
"But it is not recent! It's been too hot for ages!"
"It Produces A Foul Rusty Liquid, Surely A Symbol Of Decline And Degradation."
"Awww."

Khaziraad has added some temperature fixation ability to the five greater Angels and sent them to investigate the Slythan sun, which continues to exhibit anomalously high activity.

Melyssa has created Azxar, a scimitar of copper and emerald with the ability to turn its wielder into Azxar, the First Archfiend. Additionally, Melyssa has prototyped the Archfiends, a race of semi-demonic humanoids immune to pain and lacking empathy completely.

Melyssa: "Maybe? What despicably soft creatures they are!"

Some of the Dwarves have arranged a feast for Malakath. It becomes clear that the spilling of enemy blood for the mysterious non-Malakath blood god is non-negotiable for many of them.

Malakath has eradicated the Establishment Mumans and sent as many as possible that believe to the Malakathite afterlife.

Malakath:
"Good to know, yess. Good to know..."
The painting is a wall mural of many of the gods with a faceless Malakath prominent and at the center. Upon closer inspection, it seems to have been painted using blood.
"Like it? I can make more if you like! Also, could you paint your own face in with your own blood?"
(That was never the intention, funnily enough.)
"Thank you. I think that will be all for today."

Fortuna has toured an impressive number of gambling halls, making the unfair ones fair and alternately blessing and cursing the patrons' outcomes temporarily. Fortuna's existence is now known to many of them, and the seeds of gambling superstitions have begun to sprout.

Kl'Tork has created a gigantic *Kitchen Colossus out of kitchen utensils and appliances with the ability to increase the capacity for kitchen spirits within 1000 miles/600 kilometers. Kl'Tork is now in the Citadel's Cathedral.

Atropos:
The cards seem to be legal, if a bit roughly worn probably from years of use. Do you fix them anyway?

Darruth has created the Arkanjel Viminal, Angel of Confession and potent purifier.

Quéßäre has given steel tools and promised great rewards to the Wolf People should they build a church of Quéßäre at a specified location. Work has begun on a church. The Great Teacher has been taught the Quéßärean Code.

(Now I half-regret suggesting changing it from Morgoth. :P)

The Light has been unsealed.

The Light:
"Our playwrights have stagnated in recent years."
"Can you teach us the Light That Makes Light That Makes Light?"
"The sky lights have been very bright lately. It is a beautiful sight."

Quéßäre:
"Why are not all deceptions permitted?"
"Are the lowborn truly blocked from infiltrating our city now?"
"What do you think of truthful people?"

30/70 of Khaziraad's dead angels have revived so far.

This update's constellations are the Crown and Ship. Solar activity continues to be extremely high for Slytha's sun. The (mundane) Slythan aurora can be seen more than halfway to the equator (40$\degree$)

(Khaziraad: -5E, Melyssa: -4E, Fortuna: -1E, Grauel: -10E, Darruth: -7E, Kl'Tork: -3E)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Lakes, Pregnancy, Air, and Earth. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Theft and Vermin.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: January 04, 2015, 06:36:21 am »

I sprout a tentacle out of my corporeal body, made entirely out of faces, the size of a parade of elephants. Currently the faces are  >:( >:( >:(. A second tentacle bursts out of my leg, uncurling like a centipede. This one is made entirely out of arms with hands attached. Five more tentacles join it, the same in every way. The pointer fingers on the thousands of hands points outward, in the general direction of the other Gods, with the thumb outstretched above it. The rest of the fingers remain clenched.

>:( >:( >:(
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: January 04, 2015, 07:11:16 am »

Malakath has eradicated the Establishment Mumans and sent as many as possible that believe to the Malakathite afterlife.
Well, time to have my angel - whom I shall name Nelin - create a socio-economic system structured upon common ownership of the means of production and characterized by the absence of social classes, money, and the state; as well as a social, political, and economic ideology and movement that aims to establish this social order.

Some of the Dwarves have arranged a feast for Malakath. It becomes clear that the spilling of enemy blood for the mysterious non-Malakath blood god is non-negotiable for many of them.
The idea is that spilling blood - literally - isn't any more worship-worthy or -unworthy as killing an enemy in my name without the literal spilling of blood.

The painting is a wall mural of many of the gods with a faceless Malakath prominent and at the center. Upon closer inspection, it seems to have been painted using blood.
"Like it? I can make more if you like! Also, could you paint your own face in with your own blood?"
(That was never the intention, funnily enough.)
"Thank you. I think that will be all for today."
"This is incredible! The detail you have captured with a pigment admittedly as unoptimal as blood is truly remarkable! I will grant your request for this exemplary display of devotion." I paint in my own face (with the same style and quality as the rest of the mural, of course) with my blood. This will enchant the mural so it is not only indestructible except by destroying the wall, but it will also resonate positively with the souls of whoever takes proper time to behold it. During a blood moon and the day of the blood moon, the figures will become slightly animate.
(Actually was referencing an interaction I had with one of Azem's angels.)

I have my angels start cooling Vandiric churches in Slytha with Elemental magic. Those who worship Malakath or whose health is in danger from the heat (in a proper, non-trivial way) will be let in for free (this should prevent baby-deaths). Everyone else has to pay a fee. (Exceptions exist, of course. For example, if two parents want to be let in with their baby, only the baby and one of the parents is allowed in unless the other pays a fee or worships Malakath.)

Did I find anything in the Slythan sun this turn? Maybe sense any magical or chi influence?

"Before anyone asks as to how I lost so much Essence, I'll just say that I spent a little too much at the Oracle. I would also like to take this time to abscond Serac for not making it a Benevolent Genie-type oracle. Out of my four questions I only got one decent answer."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:00:10 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: January 04, 2015, 07:34:28 am »

I sprout a tentacle out of my corporeal body, made entirely out of faces, the size of a parade of elephants. Currently the faces are  >:( >:( >:(. A second tentacle bursts out of my leg, uncurling like a centipede. This one is made entirely out of arms with hands attached. Five more tentacles join it, the same in every way. The pointer fingers on the thousands of hands points outward, in the general direction of the other Gods, with the thumb outstretched above it. The rest of the fingers remain clenched.

>:( >:( >:(

I bet you now regret voting against having proposals with overwhelming support resolve instantly.
"But it is not recent! It's been too hot for ages!"
"It Produces A Foul Rusty Liquid, Surely A Symbol Of Decline And Degradation."

Investigate whereabauts of person nr1. "A hudretdth years ago may be recent for an immortal. Have you considered moving to cooler climate or building an underground dwelling to exploit natural coolness of the earth."
Send out 88 glass spiders to investigate whereabauts of this inventior for Void influence. Investigate the heart itself and the fluid it is excreting. "You were correct in bringing this to my attention. Inventior and the heart shall be evaluated and judged acordingly."

Darruth, your projects seem sound. Floating cities could probably be done without divine intervention with enough floatstone. Defenesive enchantments and inteligent cities can be done, though growing cities... I would agree to enchantment expanding to acomodate growth of a city, though I greatly preffer people building themselves rather than having houses sprout up from nowhere overnight.

"Also, I may or may not be responsible for the explosion, umm....sorry...about your new angels..."   :-\
How and why exactly did you cause the explosion?

If sun becomes any hotter, siphon away excess heat to one of Gass giant moons (not inhabited by Mumans).
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: January 04, 2015, 07:51:19 am »

If sun becomes any hotter, siphon away excess heat to one of Gass giant moons (not inhabited by Mumans).[/b]
VETO. Planet-exploding is a really, really stupid idea.

The part about Void pacts being used for assorted mundane housework is true.
Propose that we make all sapients magic-capable. In the same way that life creates chi, sapience will create mana. Thus, it won't cost any more to create mortals than it already does. Of course, some non-sapients would continue to have magic but they'll be part of the exception, just as they've always been.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 07:58:06 am by Andres »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: January 04, 2015, 08:16:09 am »

If sun becomes any hotter, siphon away excess heat to one of Gass giant moons (not inhabited by Mumans).[/b]

If I siphoned away full power, then yes, moon would likely turn into a plasma ball. But I'd be only siphoning away excess power, mere fraction, less than 1%, and only if it gets any worse. This way, it's less likely to vaporize and more likely to mabye, just mabye become warm enough to melt the core and create electromagnetic field to enable creating propper atmosphere easily.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: January 04, 2015, 08:36:21 am »

Amathet admires the blood mural.

"I don't know how it works, but it does. Even if it is a little macabre for my tastes."

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: January 04, 2015, 09:28:04 am »

Melyssa listens to prayers

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4915 on: January 04, 2015, 09:56:48 am »

The cards seem to be legal, if a bit roughly worn probably from years of use. Do you fix them anyway?
No. Then let's play!

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: January 04, 2015, 10:18:51 am »

"What are the Mumans?"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: January 04, 2015, 10:57:46 am »

Fortuna

I'd like to continue appearing in gambling halls, focusing on those where the superstitions are gaining prevalence, reinforcing the ones that relate to me. For the ones that don't relate to me, I'd like to make some effort to convince people that they do or, failing that, making them appear foolish.

Also
Support giving Fusil his voice back as I don't want to be smited.

((KJP, I don't know if you'd prefer me to be more specific in my demands here. I've not played long enough to know if you're all "Yay! Get the creative juices flowing" or "TELL ME WTF YOU WANT!" in your GM/DMing yet))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: January 04, 2015, 04:50:24 pm »

If I siphoned away full power, then yes, moon would likely turn into a plasma ball. But I'd be only siphoning away excess power, mere fraction, less than 1%, and only if it gets any worse. This way, it's less likely to vaporize and more likely to mabye, just mabye become warm enough to melt the core and create electromagnetic field to enable creating propper atmosphere easily.
Unveto

"What are the Mumans?"
"The gods made a gas giant in each system with thirty moons orbiting around each. Mumans are Humans made by Yaos adapted to live on the closest, most hospitable moon orbiting the Keshan gas giant which he named "Konva", originally named Muna as a mix of "Mumans" and "Luna" but since renamed by the inhabitants to "Muma". The actual word "Muman" is a mix of "moon" and "Human.""

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: January 04, 2015, 05:29:16 pm »

"Why are not all deceptions permitted?"
"Are the lowborn truly blocked from infiltrating our city now?"
"What do you think of truthful people?"
"Not all deceptions are permitted because they can do bad things to good people. I am not Darruth, but I too care for the greater good.

I can not tell if this is a good thing or a bad thing. They are free to live their own lives, but I am not sure if they could find there way to Àrenne. I'd hate to compromise the safety of Àrenne for them, but I shall see what I can do to amend this.

I have nothing against them."

Create 1,000 Wolf-People.

Commission a shrine to Darruth in Àrenne. Engrave "Sclup" on it.

Remembering that the Light gave my original High-Elves shards of glowing crystals, I bond them together to make an amulet and place it on my statue in Àrenne.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 475