Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616795 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T86: Deposition of Distress
« Reply #5040 on: January 06, 2015, 10:17:43 am »

"Hmm, Perhaps I overestimated my capabilities, Either way Neron I should be more than capable of creating the Anti-Sun and the Lightbulb by next Tick, However I have recently had an interesting idea that should heavily boost my Essence Income."

KI'Tork shows his Followers the art of making candy and ice cream, He then encourages them to sell and trade them in exchange for Riches and Technology, He also shows them how to indefinitely preserve food so that it will never rot, Apart from plagues of course.

KI'Tork hosts a Feast inside of the Citadel and offers to teleport every chef in both worlds there for the one month duration of the feast and afterwards back to their original location. KI'Tork summons millions of Kitchen Spirits to make every morsel of Food there seem superior to the Finest Food anywhere else. KI'Tork sets up a food contest, Whoever submits the Best Food shall gain 3 Unconditional Wishes. KI'Tork also invites the other Deities and their respective Clergies.

KI'Tork creates an afterlife plane called the Eternal Feasting Hall, The Plane is composed of an infinite amount of kitchens and dining halls, Whoever goes there may cook and/or feast for all eternity if they desire, They can also be reincarnated at any time if they wish. KI'Tork gives his Kobold followers a choice between going to the Eternal Feasting Hall and The Endless Caverns.

"Alright this should work."

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: January 06, 2015, 10:41:41 am »

"What should we name the ice planet KI` Tork?"

Inspire my followers to begin creating new Neronmas recipes and to start making more types of food from ice. Also encourage some cold loving Kobolds to come North and show my followers their cooking skills.

I would also like to listen to prayers.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: January 06, 2015, 10:44:34 am »

"The Frozen Rock floating in space Perhaps? I'm not good at names, You created it, I'm sure you'll think of something."

KI'Tork listens to prayers.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T84: Incubation of Discontent
« Reply #5043 on: January 06, 2015, 10:44:49 am »

I Support this proposal, but oppose making all sapients magic capable. A significant number of these beings could band together to oppose our godhood! That's an unacceptable potential.
"They are indirectly opposing our godhood specifically BECAUSE they don't have magic! Besides, most will only be able to do mundane things that people are making Void packs for. Also, I'd like to remind you that we're gods. If it ever gets to the point where they challenge our godhood - a nigh-impossible feat - then we can sitmply pass a proposal to take their magic away."
As I said, I was worried about them banding together, not pitiful individuals who can only wipe a plate clean. What's to stop them from blocking our ability from removing their magic in this instance? Has there ever been such a confluence of magic-users before?

We gain nothing by just giving them things. They have become misguided by the seemingly easy route of asking the Void for magic, for nothing in return. I propose that we encourage them to petition us for magic. At least then we can keep track of who has and hasn't got the ability to influence their environment beyond physical manipulation, and take steps should they become belligerent. I believe this will make them more favourable toward us, and fewer and fewer mortals will follow the Void.

Thus, I shall change my mind and vote to oppose 85.00: Forbid Void-worshippers from using magic. We should make and example out of some of the more prominent Void-worshippers, perhaps by exploding them into gibs or turning them stark raving mad. This will show the mortals that we don't appreciate them worshiping something as ambiguous as the Void over us gods, but at the same time making us seem merciful by not just arbitrarily punishing them all. Like you say, most of them can't do anything that grand anyway, so letting them know we don't like it by harshly punishing a handful, they'll stop.

I also oppose 85.03: Nuke the Slythan sun into nothingness before it turns into a Void monster because, you know, life and everything. If anyone wants to cool the planet, I'm sure we could tilt the axis a little, to provide the poles with less heat. This will have the impact of making Summers and Winters elsewhere a little more extreme, but if it stops the notion that BLOWING UP THE SUN is a good idea, I think it's reasonable.

Bless those who are building my temples with slightly better than average luck.

Take a stroll through the countryside, blessing farmers at random to have fantastic crop yields, while cursing the crops of their neighbours. The cursed farmers shall, however, find something of value on their land, such as historical artifacts that are thought to be linked with luck, equal to the value of their lost crops.

((Not sure if I have enough followers yet but))Listen to prayers
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: January 06, 2015, 10:48:02 am »

"Grauel do you wish to attend my feast, It should prove quite the challenge for my followers to Satisfy the God of Hunger himself."

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: January 06, 2015, 10:50:38 am »

"How about DHarti?"

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: January 06, 2015, 11:04:13 am »

Check on how the Flagellants are doing.

Command all my followers to thank Ki'Tork before eating or drinking anything.

"But is there not a certain beauty in pain?"
"Ah. I see. I thought you were talking about beauty of the face. Pain could indeed be considered something beautiful, and pain must be cherished by both those who bring it and those who recieve it."
"Emeralds. All the emeralds."
"Emeralds are something of my past. They are a memory that I both cherish and hate."
"My doors are not sharp enough! I must go!"
"I wish you the best of luck, follower."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #5047 on: January 06, 2015, 03:06:46 pm »

(Minigame mana: Did you think I'd let you cast heal on yourself continuously for an entire day? Minigames/spin-offs including the cancelled war stuff tend not to affect core stuff back here. Whether mana exists is still up to you (pl.) on IC or motivated individuals/groups. :P

For a counterexample, we don't have a simple scalar HP system for creations on IC.)

Hordes of parasitic creatures have appeared at a large Armu capital and slaughtered thousands!

There is a commotion in a different Armu city about a new statue.

Malakath: Most of the royal families are hesitant to give so much power over their kingdoms to any god at all. A few accept, but only for non-heirs to be raised far away from the throne.

The mortals are somewhat skeptical but interested in the announcement.

(Kl'Tork: -1E)
KI'Tork: You spread the production of candies and ice cream, encouraging followers to trade it for money and technology. You also teach them about refrigeration, which has become a new luxury.

You have started a feast and concentrated kitchen spirits into the area, and hundreds of chefs have agreed to be teleported there.

KI'Tork has also created the Eternal Feasting Hall, a place of eternal cooking and dining always with the option of returning.
"The Life Lab has created the spiciest pepper in the world, but it is too expensive for my Sunbreath Stew!"
"You should try my special cheese! It puts the grubs in grub!"
"Does this powder make my food taste sour?"

Neron: You have encouraged the creation of new Neronmas recipes and more ice-based food. Some cold-loving Kobolds have gone to the North to exchange cooking techniques.
"A nearby volcano seems to have gotten more active."
"When will it be Neronmas again?"
"I have a special delivery. Cold [sic] you sign here?"

(Fortuna: -1E)
Fortuna: The builders of your temples have been blessed with slightly better luck.

You roam the countrysides, redistributing luck.
"Fortunafortunafortunafortuna YES!"
"Did you know I am so lucky I cannot ever die or grow old? Let's play cards!"
"We have been lucky to have such a high yields in this time of failure!"

Melyssa: The Flagellants are not getting along very well with the other races. Having painful traps built everywhere in public spaces seems not to be conducive to peaceful discussion. Some of them have been forced to create untrapped buildings solely to keep visitors safe.

Your followers will now thank KI'Tork for their meals.
"I suppose emeralds don't always relate to Azem."
"Thanks!"

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: January 06, 2015, 03:24:55 pm »

Stop allowing foreigners to visit the Flagellant city.

Create a little trading/diplomacy town 1.5 miles from the Flagellant city. All trading and diplomacy shall be done there. No deadly traps are present.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: January 06, 2015, 03:30:08 pm »

84.00: Make all sapients magic-capable and have sapience itself create mana Oppose

Support removing ancient law limiting magic.

Create a portal within capital of every race that leads to DB plane. Announce the begining of Grand Military Games.

Spoiler: Grand Military Games (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: January 06, 2015, 03:40:55 pm »

((Did any chefs submit food for the contest?))

"A true chef is Satisfied with even the Worst ingredients, You'll think of something, Create your own spice."
KI'Tork inspires the Spicy Pepper chef to create a superior brand of Peppers.
"I like it, Why don't you call it Casu marzu?"
"It does actually, But with effort even the most sour morsel can be superior to the greatest sweets."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T84: Incubation of Discontent
« Reply #5051 on: January 06, 2015, 03:56:47 pm »

As I said, I was worried about them banding together, not pitiful individuals who can only wipe a plate clean. What's to stop them from blocking our ability from removing their magic in this instance? Has there ever been such a confluence of magic-users before?
"Not even anywhere close. Even if we gave everyone magic, if everyone combined their powers together, the'd only be able to stop one or two gods at the most from doing ONE thing."

We gain nothing by just giving them things. They have become misguided by the seemingly easy route of asking the Void for magic, for nothing in return. I propose that we encourage them to petition us for magic. At least then we can keep track of who has and hasn't got the ability to influence their environment beyond physical manipulation, and take steps should they become belligerent. I believe this will make them more favourable toward us, and fewer and fewer mortals will follow the Void.
"We gain a few things by giving them magic. Our artificial limiter might actually be dampening our Essence income - unlikely but possible - and mortals everywhere would greatly appreciate it. Even better is that they'll stop making Void backs. I oppose your proposal simply because I want mortals to be strong on their own. Even if we didn't get anything out of it - and so long as it didn't help the Void - I'd vote to give them magic anyway."

We should make and example out of some of the more prominent Void-worshippers, perhaps by exploding them into gibs or turning them stark raving mad. This will show the mortals that we don't appreciate them worshiping something as ambiguous as the Void over us gods, but at the same time making us seem merciful by not just arbitrarily punishing them all. Like you say, most of them can't do anything that grand anyway, so letting them know we don't like it by harshly punishing a handful, they'll stop.
"This isn't likely to work. Other gods have tried lesser punishments for the same crimes and all it did was make people dislike the gods more. If we're going to do this, it's best to ease into it with one proposal at a time. Blocking Void magic is the first step."

Malakath: Most of the royal families are hesitant to give so much power over their kingdoms to any god at all. A few accept, but only for non-heirs to be raised far away from the throne.
All I need is a foothold. These children will make their families powerful, build me a few temples, and then all others will regret they declined my offer (because they missed out on great wealth and power). I'd better see how many of these gifts I can afford to give, though.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: January 06, 2015, 05:28:52 pm »

Neron: You have encouraged the creation of new Neronmas recipes and more ice-based food. Some cold-loving Kobolds have gone to the North to exchange cooking techniques.
"A nearby volcano seems to have gotten more active."
"When will it be Neronmas again?"
"I have a special delivery. Cold [sic] you sign here?"
"Interesting, would you mine asking a nearby NUKE scientist to check it out."
"Soon! Spread the word for two ticks from now Neronmas is to be held, and I will again be returning to the City of Red Stone to grant the wishes of three lucky followers!"
"Sure."
  Signed Neron, Lord of the North, IceBringer, and the Great Snake of Ice

"Should we not be reacting to the whole Armu Capitol being attacked?"
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 05:36:51 pm by Ama »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: January 06, 2015, 05:48:19 pm »

"Yes we should. Tykki, please destroy them immediately! Whoever did this is dead. Dead. Dead. Try to keep collateral damage down, and civilian deaths at zero. It looks like Unit One is ready. If that is true, somebody launch it! The rest of you join Tykki in fighting them. The Vindico in the surrounding area will put bodies between them and the citizens, while the Armu-Seppo soldiers will work on evacuation. Ill join as well, we are bringing everything we got on this.

I will find who did this, and you will pay. You will pay. I will kill you. I don't care how everyone else seems to ignore the diseases and other assaults on their followers. I don't yet know if this was a way to get around my plague defenses, or a foolish act by a stupid God for an unknowable reason. I will chop you to pieces..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: January 06, 2015, 05:50:34 pm »

"Who do you think did it?"
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 475