Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616770 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T87: Filtered Frenzy
« Reply #5115 on: January 07, 2015, 09:22:40 pm »

I did, actually. Or I thought I did.

I just realized that the report saying they weren't Void was the apparent results of that investigation.

*orbpalms* *sighs*

Off to go have a chat about being thorough with my investigators...

But yes, you are right, I'm afraid I have difficulty believing anyone wouldn't put backdoors of one sort or another, as a just in case measure at the very least. At least anyone with cunning and forethought.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: January 07, 2015, 09:56:50 pm »

Finally, I will say this: Fusil, you would probably charge me or Cim for those weapons as well, correct? Or is it just because you, like the rest of us, are annoyed the Essence-grubbing nature Malakath seems to share with the late Yaos?

"It is the second one. If he is going to charge for nothing, so will I. Though you could obviously never trust anything I built for an enemy, nobody would blame me for putting hidden enchantments on it."
"And now I know in what area I should improve on as a person. It would've been appreciated if someone said 'Malakath, your constant money-grubbing is annoying me and other gods. Please stop.' In any case, consider my money-grubbing to have ended."

"Now that that policy is no longer active, I'll start sharing information more freely. I won't speak the truth of the Lich/Harbinger because Quéßäre paid for that information and I don't want him to have paid for something he would've received for free later. I can, however, inform the Council of a few deals that one of Yaos' old associates received."
"The Liminals offered godhood and faction champion status to the associate if they equalled the amount of suffering Fusil caused by destroying Keshan and killing everyone inhabiting it."
"The Luminants offered the same reward if the associate could make Fusil take a Void deal, she never having made one before."
"The Umbrals offered the same reward as the previous two - becoming a god and being made champion of their faction - if the associate permanently killed Quéßäre."
"All these deals would only be valid if they were completed within 7 Ticks of when the offers were made. They all expired a very long time ago and the associate declined all of them, either because it was impossible or because the offers were very, very evil. I would like to take this time to say I haven't made any deals with the Void at all. The only time I talked to the Void was when the manifestation very publicly appeared on Keshan and warned me against going after its followers. The conversation has been noted in the Council Records. Apparently, I'm only allowed to do so if mortal law allows me."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:02:27 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: January 07, 2015, 10:16:38 pm »

"Why was I given extra Essence? I'm not mad, I just don't know why.

Good luck with the parasites, Fusil. I wonder how hard it is dealing with your kind."

Oppose 86.02
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: January 07, 2015, 11:05:26 pm »

Fortuna

I'd like to help some traders now. Pick a number of them who are having trouble with bandits, and ask for transport to a town on their trade route, and aid them with the bandits in some blindingly lucky ways, such as throwing a stone (as a blind man) and taking out a wagon/cart/horse. Direct them to my temples for donations, and my continuing support in their endeavours.

The lucky man seems not to be cheating.
"It's been 777 years at least! I can definitely take you on and win!"

Shuffle the deck some more and place the cards in front of the man.

I propose a test, before we play for anything of substance. Cut the cards twice, friend, so we have three piles. Choose one pile, and I shall take another. We will take turns placing a card from our pile on the table, one at a time. Highest value card, aces low, wins. ((playing for time with this dude. I want to find out more about him beyond what I can tell via my godly sense. What are my options, if any?))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: January 07, 2015, 11:35:30 pm »

"Cim, I was wondering, did you do anything with Ärž (that magic aluminum ring I gave you that makes it's wearer invulnerable)? If not, I'll buy it back from you for 2 essence. I was going to put a protection spell on a prophet of mine, but then I realized that it would be cheaper if I could buy that back. What do you say?"
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: January 07, 2015, 11:49:07 pm »

"Khaziraad, I am planning to create a knightly order. Their colours will be primarily white and secondarily red. I was hoping if you or your angels could possibly make them a castle. A normal castle will do fine, maybe painted and detailed to match the knights' colours. I've also noticed that you don't particularly take to me. I was wondering if you could critique me so I can hopefully fix some of our issues the way I am attempting to do with Darruth and Fusil."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: January 08, 2015, 12:19:52 am »

"Cim, I was wondering, did you do anything with Ärž (that magic aluminum ring I gave you that makes it's wearer invulnerable)? If not, I'll buy it back from you for 2 essence. I was going to put a protection spell on a prophet of mine, but then I realized that it would be cheaper if I could buy that back. What do you say?"
"I gave it to a follower. It has provided me with such insights, I won't let it go, at least right now."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: January 08, 2015, 04:41:14 am »

Fusil, abaut that void statue, may I borrow it for a moment? I made Kyloth's hammer with intention of it being able to (eventualy) destroy anything, and I would like to test that on void construct.

Thank you Rita. Choices of you and your sisters were... interesting to say the least. They certainly shed some light on fellow deities.

For the oracle, I still have my one free question. Let's give it a try.
Ask the oracle "Who created the parasites that Tykki is curently fighting?".

I believe I had expresed reasons why I dislike you Malkath, but I shall go over them again and add some clarification.
Azem once held the title of god of greed, but he moved on to wealth as we noticed that Yaos was far more bucaneeringly oportunistic. But even at his worst Yaos couldn't even hold a candle to you.

You took Yaosian angels (something you had no right to), and started selling information abaut Yaos (something that was not yours).

As rare as it is, Fusil is absolutely right in what he said abaut your Blood pacts.

Fusil was right, but he didin't say all the detriments. Blood pacts create mistrust among those who use them and destroy souls for no reason. Even though it changing that would not invalidate other reasons why Blood pacts are terrible, there is hardly a reason to not use death instead of soul destruction as punnishment. Fusil noted how useless they are to propr society, but he did not mention how they would affect those outside society. Bandits can now be better organised than ever, because they can have unbreakable oaths, and trust was never an issue becouse they never had any. Assassins now can't just take money andd run if they judge their target unworthy of death.

"Hey Darruth, can you tell us which gods have been communicating with the Void recently?"

Have you considered that Darruth may want to keep this a secret, as to not become a target of void contracts?

And of course, there was the time when you destroyed souls of my followers for expresing their distaste of your methods.

But you are trying (or you say that you are) and I am willing to give you a chance. You want a castle, you get a castle.

Create a castle of Eudialyte and Marble for Lectys upcoming knight order.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:05:30 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: January 08, 2015, 05:05:34 am »

Fusil, abaut that void statue, may I borrow it for a moment? I made Kyloth's hammer with intention of it being able to (eventualy) destroy anything, and I would like to test that on void construct.

"I have no claim to it, someone made a pact and put it in one of my cities. It isn't even there anymore. Do what you wish with it, though all current knowlage suggests that you cannot destroy it unless you had made the pact. I was hoping to at least read any runes that it had on it, though the last one's translation was hardly helpful I would at least be able to find out who made it. Seeing as Cim is best friends with whoever created it, he would probably be able to tell us that anyway."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: January 08, 2015, 05:34:49 am »

I believe I had expresed reasons why I dislike you Malkath, but I shall go over them again and add some clarification.
"Thank you."

You took Yaosian angels (something you had no right to), and started selling information abaut Yaos (something that was not yours).
"The first Yaosian angel I killed was purely an accident. I just happened to be born in the same place it was at the time. I had no choice in the matter. The second one was an act of self-defence, and I was really rather confused at the time. I'd just been born, there was another soul inside of me, I was getting a flood of memories I wasn't prepared for, and now I was being attacked. I acted on reflex and ate the angels soul. I have since adjusted my reflexes. You can confirm all this with the Oracle, I'm even willing to give 1 Essence to help pay for it."
"If by "taking" you mean making some of the Yaosians into Malakathians, just know that everything was entirely consensual. I asked if they wanted to become aligned to me and they accepted. Those that declined were left alone. The ones I ate I revived and offered them alignment to me as well. One accepted and the other declined. All the ones that are now aligned to me still retain their Yaosian alignment."
"I'll admit that Yaos' information wasn't mine but I had no choice but to have it. Also, Yaos' angels know that I've been selling information but I haven't received any prayers - not a single one - from any of them saying I should stop. Regardless, the information I sold either wasn't meant to be shared or I should've given for free. I have since stopped the practice of selling Yaos' info."

Fusil was right, but he didin't say all the detriments. Blood pacts create mistrust among those who use them and destroy souls for no reason. Even though it changing that would not invalidate other reasons why Blood pacts are terrible, there is hardly a reason to not use death instead of soul destruction as punnishment. Fusil noted how useless they are to propr society, but he did not mention how they would affect those outside society. Bandits can now be better organised than ever, because they can have unbreakable oaths, and trust was never an issue becouse they never had any. Assassins now can't just take money andd run if they judge their target unworthy of death.
"This is something I definitely want to change. I like the idea of a bond strong enough that it confers tangible benefits to the people involved so I don't want to get rid of blood bonds completely, but I agree it should be changed. One thing I'd like to clarify is that the souls don't get destroyed. Depending on the pact they either go to the Shadow Plane or they fall in an endless - though extremely comfortable - sleep within me."
"Back to reforms. This is what I'm thinking, I remove all penalties from blood marriages and only High Priests can form a blood bond. They would be very effective arbiters who'll decide if the situation is important enough to allow for a blood bond to exist. A king and his most elite, trusted bodyguards, for example. Or a king and his vassals. If you've ever read books that showed relationships between kings and vassals in a realistic light you'd know that trust has nothing to do with the relationship in the first place so there's no room for mistrust to grow in the first place - it's already assumed that the vassal (or the king, for that matter) is a back-stabbing jerk who'll betray the other if if profit could be attained. As for battle blood bonds, I could simply remove the penalty. If one of the members is so willing to kill a bond-member for power then they wouldn't benefit from it anyway. Do you agree with these reforms?"

And of course, there was the time when you destroyed souls of my followers for expresing their distaste of your methods.
"And I was entirely out of line for doing that. We both were, actually, but I definitely more. They shouldn't have murdered my angels as a way of expressing distaste - first, simply telling them to stop would've been enough, and second, they were being moderate in their attempts to inform people about me - but my permanently destroying their souls was far worse. I've looked into ways I could bring them back but seeing as it's impossible, the best I could do was give a public apology for my actions."

But you are trying (or you say that you are) and I am willing to give you a chance. You want a castle, you get a castle.
"Thank you very much."

Create a castle of Eudialyte and Marble for Lectys upcoming knight order.
"I'm not sure if I have the right to request anything but I'd prefer function over form if possible, unless you're making the marble wall-quality with god powers. As for the red colouring, I could probably handle that myself with cloth implements like flags and draperies."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: January 08, 2015, 06:06:16 am »

Create a castle of Eudialyte and Milky Quartz instead.

Send Kyloth to atempt to destroy Void statue.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:39:44 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: January 08, 2015, 06:28:31 am »

"Seeing as Cim is best friends with whoever created it, he would probably be able to tell us that anyway."
"I'm afraid I can't get an honest answer to a question that specific. I can try, but I wouldn't trust a Null enough to jump to a conclusion."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: January 08, 2015, 06:36:06 am »

"I'm afraid I can't get an honest answer to a question that specific. I can try, but I wouldn't trust a Null enough to jump to a conclusion."

"You stated that a Null offered you a similar job. If you know what Null that is, it is likely that one..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: January 08, 2015, 06:39:12 am »

Create a castle of Eudialyte and Milky Quart instead.
"I'm...guessing...this is...worse? I'll accept it."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:53:37 am by Andres »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: January 08, 2015, 06:40:09 am »

"You stated that a Null offered you a similar job. If you know what Null that is, it is likely that one..."
"Ah, I thought you were looking for the God. The Null who offered me the pact was 'eehytlcafhshaes, "Evie", my primary contact with the Liminals."

((Edit: Evie = Smith of Order))
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:55:31 am by IcyTea31 »
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 475