Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615148 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T89: Trouble brewing
« Reply #5235 on: January 10, 2015, 03:57:22 am »

"That's a good point. I wonder if we can turn 3E into 5E if we pass a proposal saying it's possible..... In any case, the new method for receiving Essence while on the committee will be that gods simply give it to them. The ones chosen to give our scientists Essence will be chosen alphabetically, 1E per god until they're up again. If two gods are on the committee, for example, God A will give God X 1 Essence and then God B will give God Y 1 Essence. The next three Ticks, it'll be the job of Gods C and D to pay God X and Y. I volunteer to be the first god to pay."

"...You want me to pay for something I don't want to do? Why would anyone want to pay for this? If they where enthusiastic enough about the project to pay for it, they might as well just join the committee...Or everyone would just join and lie about their results."

"I'm a bit weary about reading Void texts. Maybe there are copies that weren't made by the Void itself? An unaffiliated mortal, perhaps, or you?"

"Every book I have read on them so far was made by a Mortal, God, or other non-Null being. The Null don't even right in a recognizable language, I have to go through an extensive and dizzying (literally) process to even be able to read a sentence on the old Temple. Have you not even tried reading the books in the library?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: January 10, 2015, 04:16:16 am »

Azem mutters darkly to himself.

"Greetings new god. Please don't make my existence worse than it already is."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: January 10, 2015, 04:54:20 am »

"...You want me to pay for something I don't want to do? Why would anyone want to pay for this? If they where enthusiastic enough about the project to pay for it, they might as well just join the committee...Or everyone would just join and lie about their results."
"Good point. Ok, anyone who gets voted off cannot rejoin for 9 Ticks. To rejoin, they must have present some amount of study that proves they are worthy. I doubt people would lie about their results. Unless they're really good lies we'd probably find out the truth sooner or later. I doubt anyone here is capable of lying that well, though. Yes I am aware we have a god of Deception here."

"I have to go through an extensive and dizzying (literally) process to even be able to read a sentence on the old Temple. Have you not even tried reading the books in the library?"
"That's why I don't want to read any Void texts. What if you've been subtly, irreparably mutated? I'll only read such books if they've been written by a god so I know it hasn't been tainted with Void taint. Neither I nor Yaos have read any books in the library. Yaos for fear of being influenced by the Void via the presence of Void texts and I because there's nothing in the library that would interest me besides Void texts which I refuse to read unless written by a god."

"I've actually been wondering something. It is of course possible to receive Essence via worship, but is it possible to receive Essence via worship if another god is the source of the worship? Is such worship worth more than mortal worship? What happens if a Null takes to worshipping a God?"

"If you want, I could eat your soul. There is nothing more comfortable than my insides, after all, and it would certainly be a decent respite from the rest of existence and if you want to leave I will expel you as soon as divinely possible."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: January 10, 2015, 05:22:39 am »

"I've actually been wondering something. It is of course possible to receive Essence via worship, but is it possible to receive Essence via worship if another god is the source of the worship? Is such worship worth more than mortal worship? What happens if a Null takes to worshipping a God?"
"We've discussed this before. Worship quality goes down as the worshiper goes up in 'status'. Worship of another God is probably worth about as much as the natural income you get from 'worshiping' yourself, so not very much. Of the Null, the already low amount of Essence would be corrupted by their Void Energy, which may have unforeseen consequences. I wouldn't risk trying to convert a Null, even if it was somehow feasible and practical."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: January 10, 2015, 05:35:26 am »

"Good point. Ok, anyone who gets voted off cannot rejoin for 9 Ticks. To rejoin, they must have present some amount of study that proves they are worthy. I doubt people would lie about their results. Unless they're really good lies we'd probably find out the truth sooner or later. I doubt anyone here is capable of lying that well, though. Yes I am aware we have a god of Deception here."

"Why would they vote anyone off? There is currently no motivation to do so. The deadline idea forces them to either lie or simply state that they "got nothing" anyway, since it is simply impossible to continuously receive new information on the scale you had set forth. If that becomes acceptable, there is no reason to join just to get free essence and not have to pay for something worthless."

"That's why I don't want to read any Void texts. What if you've been subtly, irreparably mutated? I'll only read such books if they've been written by a god so I know it hasn't been tainted with Void taint. Neither I nor Yaos have read any books in the library. Yaos for fear of being influenced by the Void via the presence of Void texts and I because there's nothing in the library that would interest me besides Void texts which I refuse to read unless written by a god."

"Then Tykki would have noticed. She read it, too, and neither of us noticed any change. These where not even texts, but words written in a temple. Like I said, I know far more about the Void than you do.  If reading something managed to damage a God, we would notice this among the mortals. It would make finding cults much easier than it has been."

"Like Cim said, the more powerful something is, the less essence it gives. This has been the way since the beginning. God worship would be worthless."

"If you want, I could eat your soul. There is nothing more comfortable than my insides, after all, and it would certainly be a decent respite from the rest of existence and if you want to leave I will expel you as soon as divinely possible."

"....are you hitting on Azem? "There is nothing more comfortable than being inside me"? How subtle."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: January 10, 2015, 06:03:59 am »

"We've discussed this before. Worship quality goes down as the worshiper goes up in 'status'. Worship of another God is probably worth about as much as the natural income you get from 'worshiping' yourself, so not very much. Of the Null, the already low amount of Essence would be corrupted by their Void Energy, which may have unforeseen consequences. I wouldn't risk trying to convert a Null, even if it was somehow feasible and practical."
"So the best and most efficient way to get Essence is to make sapient, normally-reproducing, mortal, unfathomably weak creatures and make them your worshippers? That sounds awfully game-y."

"Why would they vote anyone off? There is currently no motivation to do so. The deadline idea forces them to either lie or simply state that they "got nothing" anyway, since it is simply impossible to continuously receive new information on the scale you had set forth. If that becomes acceptable, there is no reason to join just to get free essence and not have to pay for something worthless."
"This is why discussion is important. An incentive to vote someone off is that you won't have to pay them any more. We can extend the deadline, have the committee-member show exactly how they've been studying, or possibly both methods."

"Then Tykki would have noticed. She read it, too, and neither of us noticed any change. These where not even texts, but words written in a temple. Like I said, I know far more about the Void than you do.  If reading something managed to damage a God, we would notice this among the mortals. It would make finding cults much easier than it has been."
"Are you absolutely sure? Nothing bad can come from a God reading a Void text? Wait a minute, if a God got dizzy from reading a Void text, then what would happen to a mortal who reads one?"

"....are you hitting on Azem? "There is nothing more comfortable than being inside me"? How subtle."
"Firstly, you're misquoting me. Secondly, THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT AND YOU KNOW IT, WEAPONS!"
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 06:33:24 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: January 10, 2015, 07:04:08 am »

Ohh, where to even begin?

Dust ring is slow at erasing Void influence from the planet because I wanted it to be slow. If it was burning away Void influence too quicly, Void cultists could get increasingly elaborate rituals under the radar. As it is now, the ring protects those who have nothing to do with void from ambient Void influence that is spread evrywhere by those that do have something to do with void.

Void research commitee is completely useless idea. Azem pointed out that we are screwing ourselves over with the secrecy and scheeming, and he is damn right. Go and try to cut eachothers throats in your free time, but when Void is concerned there is nothing to be lost by sharing your discoveries. Two half finishedd theories might reveal some new insight, or shed some light on how to proced with experiements further. Commitee is the same thing, but slower and more uselessly convoluted.

Greeting to you Raptil. Pitty that all the big game was hunted before your apearance, but that is a situation easily remedied.

Fusil, I shall move all people away from all infected cities. I could just shield them if I knew how your purging method worked, but I will not hold it against you if you keep it a secret. How long should I wait before returning them?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: January 10, 2015, 07:12:18 am »

"So the best and most efficient way to get Essence is to make sapient, normally-reproducing, mortal, unfathomably weak creatures and make them your worshippers? That sounds awfully game-y."

"What in the two worlds does "game-y" mean?"

"This is why discussion is important. An incentive to vote someone off is that you won't have to pay them any more. We can extend the deadline, have the committee-member show exactly how they've been studying, or possibly both methods."

"The committee members vote on who to kick off, correct? The committee members also don't pay. They have no reason to vote someone off. Extending deadlines defeats the purpose of deadlines, and showing what they are studying doesn't mean they are actually studying it to any effect. You do not know anything about research, do you? Have you ever even tried researching anything?"

"Are you absolutely sure? Nothing bad can come from a God reading a Void text? Wait a minute, if a God got dizzy from reading a Void text, then what would happen to a mortal who reads one?"

"Yes, and I never attempted to bring a mortal deep under water to a dangerous Void temple I rigged with explosives to see if what happens if they read the text on the incredibly dark floor. I don't know, Tykki can read them fine at least."

"Firstly, you're misquoting me. Secondly, THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT AND YOU KNOW IT, WEAPONS!"

"So what are you saying then? First you offered to eat him. Next you offered to put him inside you. You told him to just relax, and that you would expel him from your body as quickly as possible. Not. Subtle."

Fusil, I shall move all people away from all infected cities. I could just shield them if I knew how your purging method worked, but I will not hold it against you if you keep it a secret. How long should I wait before returning them?

"If I told everyone how they worked, then the parasites would simply be shielded from it as well. You can return them after a secondary cleaning, it does not guarantee that every single parasite is killed and the town is killed and a sweep should be done to finish of any that remain. I should probably mention that if you are thinking of using essence to teleport or otherwise evacuate everyone, it would probably be just as easy to use that method on the parasites themselves. Experience shows that teleporting parasites a few miles downward is an effective way to deal with them."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: January 10, 2015, 07:28:09 am »

"The committee members vote on who to kick off, correct? The committee members also don't pay. They have no reason to vote someone off. Extending deadlines defeats the purpose of deadlines, and showing what they are studying doesn't mean they are actually studying it to any effect."
"Alright, only three members can be on the committee at a time. The initial deadline will be increased to 5 Ticks and the deadline can be extended once by another 2 Ticks if they have studied the Void to a reasonable extent. Said voting will take place within less than a Tick."

"So what are you saying then? First you offered to eat him. Next you offered to put him inside you. You told him to just relax, and that you would expel him from your body as quickly as possible. Not. Subtle."
Malakath teleports all parasites to an isolated area and burns them all in a giant pillar of dark fire. She does all this using magic rather than Essence. (1E max) "Do not escalate this, Weapons."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 08:21:42 am by Andres »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #5244 on: January 10, 2015, 08:28:45 am »

Greetings. Don't worry, I'll try not to make it any worse for you, although I am as of yet uncertain as to what is bad about your existence.

Greeting to you Raptil. Pitty that all the big game was hunted before your apearance, but that is a situation easily remedied.

Greetings. No big game then. Shame. I'll have to do something about that.

Greetings Raptil. May those hunted by you die a slow and painful death.

Greetings. No, may their deaths be merciful and swift.

Hello Raptil. I'm sure our interactions, once you get yourself a set of worshipers, will prove fruitful in the future. Good luck...

Greetings. Good luck to you also.

Greetings to the new arrival. Hope you enjoy your stay in our scenic little bubble.

Greetings.

Raptil creates a sustainable population of various big game animals, both predators and prey, but more prey than predators.

There. Something for mortals to hunt.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 08:46:10 am by Dutrius »
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: January 10, 2015, 08:36:17 am »

"Um, byy there being no more "big game" Khaziraad was referring to the megabeasts which were semi-recently killed. Wolves, wargs, deer, and other such creatures already exist."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: January 10, 2015, 08:37:34 am »

All my Bellators return to their castle. I retreat to Heaven in preparation for Fusil's attack.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: January 10, 2015, 08:40:51 am »

Azem changes into a fancily dressed Mountwyrm with emerald scales and gold studded clothing.

"Being a god is a hard job. And the thing that makes it hardest is your fellow divinities."

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #5248 on: January 10, 2015, 08:45:58 am »

"Um, byy there being no more "big game" Khaziraad was referring to the megabeasts which were semi-recently killed. Wolves, wargs, deer, and other such creatures already exist."

Ah, thank you for the information.

Action removed.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: January 10, 2015, 09:13:17 am »

Greetings Raptil. May those hunted by you die a slow and painful death.

Greetings. No, may their deaths be merciful and swift.
"Merciful and swift deaths? How absurd."
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 475