Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615135 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T93: Recreational creation
« Reply #5400 on: January 15, 2015, 09:22:44 am »

No it hasn't. This is completely new, I actually did create it, it's actually rather specific, and no you aren't letting random people have access to it. So, uh, this'll be the first time I ever say this, I think, because it's the first time I've ever been in a position to enforce it. (also, was the fact that it cost me Essence not enough evidence fr you?) By the way, I'm not just doing this to be a dick. The power in Rune Magic means I don't want some mortal accidentally or maliciously blowing up a planet.

Darruth: Darruth has created Runic magic but restricted access to it to permitted practioners.
Unrestrict access. (0E) Runic magic has been a part of Ritual and Enchantment magic since time immemorial and is an intrinsic part of both. Darruth doesn't get exclusive access to it just for "creating" it.
Veto. If necessary, spend Essence to ensure the veto.

Also, gods are neither omnipotent nor omniscient nor indeed anywhere near either. And particularly if you have the protection of a god to back you up and you aren't particularly bright, I see no reason a mortal wouldn't be a smartass to a god. Sidenote; Vetoes don't actually do anything unless you can spend something to enforce them. They aren't magical buzzwords that auto-prevent things you don't like. In fact, typically all they do is make whatever it is more expensive for the other party if you don't spend Essence to enforce it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: January 15, 2015, 10:15:22 am »

KI'Tork preforms miracles in any isolated villages in the north along with feeding any starving mortals.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: January 15, 2015, 10:32:25 am »

Melyssa appears before convicted criminals to torture them to death.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #5403 on: January 15, 2015, 11:39:14 am »

support 94.02 and 94.03

No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: January 15, 2015, 11:42:30 am »

Fortuna

Support 94.02

Oppose 91.00

Oppose 94.03

Fortuna: "Fine. I'll make some game about Melyssan architecture and giant reptiles."

How about making a game about the gods? Players can role-play as the god of their choice - decisions made by rolling your five-sided die, as well as other n-sided die - and have to try to eliminate the other players from the game some way. That would be great fun!

"Does the luck have to be good luck?"

I suppose not. Just make sure the person you target isn't physically hurt, or even killed. I don't take kindly to that kind of thing being done in my name.

With divine luck, many gamble there and are pleased. Soon, a gambling house and inn of similar design named the Golden Grebe opens next door. It boasts of having a very large bath. The Mare of Vice is rapidly in decline and has been forced to shift its payout balance to compensate, losing many in the process.

Set up a gaming commission type thing. All gambling halls are encouraged to join, and the list of them will be contained in all of my temples. Any gambling hall in either world is eligible to be added to the list.

Spoiler: Gaming Commission (click to show/hide)

Check up on Tycho. How is he doing, does he need anything, any concerns?

Attend some shows of the traveling entertainers that worship me. Make sure they have the necessary luck to complete their shows safely, and spectacularly.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: January 15, 2015, 12:49:18 pm »

This is not something you would say to a god - a being of ultimate power and creation - unless you were very powerful, very stupid, or very suicidal.

(I'm reminded of a certain hummingbird who got away with insulting gods for numerous ticks without any serious consequence. Actually if I recall correctly I even rewarded him as a joke. Let's be honest, the mortals don't really have any reason to worry about insulting most of us because most of us don't do anything about it and if we did react strongly, some other god would likely call us out on overreacting and possibly do something about it. That doesn't even go into the fact that some of the mortals who might insult gods could be strong believers in another god who would have a harsh response to a follower being harmed.)

Go check up on the Gruen from a long long time ago who wanted to be a Lord of Hunger. See if he's done anything of interest.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: January 15, 2015, 02:35:28 pm »

"To be honest, your wife would have rather little in common with a regular Soul Weapon. Here's what will happen if you choose to become a....let's call it a Soul Shinjo.
Your soul will be tied to your husband, granting the both of you power.
This power can be increased through worship.
The soul-tie will ensure that you either both reincarnate or you both go to the same afterlife so that neither of you will have to wait alone in an afterlife before you can reincarnate unless that's what you want.
You will also be able to take on the form of any humanoid you want - not just a Human one.
Your husband will not develop a Soul Weapon.
That's all the differences between what you are and what you can be. You will keep your gender, your relations, and your romance. You will have no further similarities with a Soul Weapon than the ones I explicitly mentioned. You would be a Soul Shinjo, not a Soul Weapon. If you don't like something about the deal some constructive feedback would be useful."

*More whispering* "Scream 'Malakath no swiping!' three times and I will teleport you somewhere safe..."

This is not something you would say to a god - a being of ultimate power and creation - unless you were very powerful, very stupid, or very suicidal.

To picture how it would work in real life, I suggest you do what I sometimes do: jump off your computer for a bit, "reacquaint" yourself with the world, then imagine God deciding to come down and talk to YOU of all the billions of people in the world. Now imagine telling him to not bother you while you're watching a rerun of House. It's not very realistic, is it?

Sure the gods in this universe interact with the world much more commonly but you have to put yourself in the shoes of someone who lives there. Most people - especially of this tech level - are unlikely to ever see a god or witness them performing works, let alone actually speak to one. Yes we talk to a lot of people but that amount numbers about fifty at the very most every century but there are millions of people in the world.

This has been on my mind for a while. It is a critique of how you handle NPCs and I hope you don't hold me against it.

Adding to what the others said, this *is* a weapon we are talking about. Weapons are not exactly known for having a surplus of fear. Especially not when you are already threatening her soul, by attempting to transform it into something that it isn't and doesn't want to be. Really, what are you going to do to her that is worse then that? My watchful scope is on them, you ain't gonna make a move.

Unrestrict access. (0E) Runic magic has been a part of Ritual and Enchantment magic since time immemorial and is an intrinsic part of both. Darruth doesn't get exclusive access to it just for "creating" it.

Isn't this the style he made in the OOC?

No it hasn't. This is completely new, I actually did create it, it's actually rather specific, and no you aren't letting random people have access to it. So, uh, this'll be the first time I ever say this, I think, because it's the first time I've ever been in a position to enforce it. (also, was the fact that it cost me Essence not enough evidence fr you?) By the way, I'm not just doing this to be a dick. The power in Rune Magic means I don't want some mortal accidentally or maliciously blowing up a planet.

I don't think that will be a problem, with how weak it is ::).

How about making a game about the gods? Players can role-play as the god of their choice - decisions made by rolling your five-sided die, as well as other n-sided die - and have to try to eliminate the other players from the game some way. That would be great fun!

"A game about us? What would you call such a thing? A strange notion, indeed."

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: January 15, 2015, 03:01:25 pm »

"A game about us? What would you call such a thing? A strange notion, indeed."

"Ye Celestial Beings of Divine Nature And Providence" or something like that. I don't know, it's not like I'll ever play it, is it?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: January 15, 2015, 03:24:44 pm »

It's alchemy all over again. We had three types of alchemy, now we will have three types of rune magic. Restricting magic to a group is also nothing new.

(As for mortals blastheming against gods, when it comes to a timescale of most mortals, divine miracles are few and far inbetween. They do not believe that we have the time of day to smite them, and if we did, chances are we would be validating their claims against us. Our presense is further diluted by our methods. We would hardly manifest for comuning with mortals, usualy speaking through dreams visions and whispers. All of which could be replicated by a competent magician. I personaly do not care too much, as it does not reduce efectiveness of mesage one bit.)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: January 15, 2015, 04:38:42 pm »

Melyssa appears before convicted criminals to torture them to death.

"...Could you at least put some qualifiers on that? Type of crime, at least? If you go around killing petty thieves who worship me with your sphere I will kill you with mine."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: January 15, 2015, 05:43:40 pm »

(I'm guessing the details of your version of Rune Magic was sent in secret to the GM? Because if it's not special and it's just enchanted runes or something then Imma riot.)

Also, gods are neither omnipotent nor omniscient nor indeed anywhere near either.
(They are neither omnipotent nor omniscient but for all intents and purposes they are ultimate.)

(I'm reminded of a certain hummingbird who got away with insulting gods for numerous ticks without any serious consequence. Actually if I recall correctly I even rewarded him as a joke.)
(That was before all sapient races were upgraded with enhanced common-sense.)

Adding to what the others said, this *is* a weapon we are talking about. Weapons are not exactly known for having a surplus of fear. Especially not when you are already threatening her soul, by attempting to transform it into something that it isn't and doesn't want to be.
(Good point on the weapon thing. I'm not threatening her and I'm not attempting anything yet. I'm offering something with no drawbacks and great rewards. She doesn't want to be what I'm offering because she thinks there's penalties or a price to be paid or something when there really isn't.)

(As for mortals blastheming against gods, when it comes to a timescale of most mortals, divine miracles are few and far inbetween. They do not believe that we have the time of day to smite them, and if we did, chances are we would be validating their claims against us. Our presense is further diluted by our methods. We would hardly manifest for comuning with mortals, usualy speaking through dreams visions and whispers. All of which could be replicated by a competent magician. I personaly do not care too much, as it does not reduce efectiveness of mesage one bit.)
(If we have the time of day to talk to them then we have the time of day to smite them, even if that just means punching them in the face. We can very easily manifest for communing with mortals considering that we can very easily manifest for actually going down to the Corporeal Realm and fighting giant bug parasites.)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 05:50:45 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: January 15, 2015, 05:59:53 pm »

"It is time for me and KI`Tork`s world to be a home for a new race."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Propagate the Ice Golems to 1,000 and place half them on each side of the ice planet
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:21:26 pm by Ama »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: January 15, 2015, 06:29:32 pm »

(I'm guessing the details of your version of Rune Magic was sent in secret to the GM? Because if it's not special and it's just enchanted runes or something then Imma riot.)

((It was indeed. And I will tell you this because it'd be easy enough to find out anyway: it's called rune magic because in order to use it you need to get intricate, extensive, expensive(what? magical ink isn't easy to get), and painful(sorry, but tattoos are painful. Just the way it is) runes tattooed/carved(depending on skin substance) over your body.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: January 15, 2015, 06:44:23 pm »

(So it's two branches of Enchantment magic mixed in with a bit of Universal. Nice. The problem I have is that you decided to name this very specific branch of magic "runic" magic when a whole bunch of other magical branches use runes in general. Maybe call it tattoo magic? It sounds less mystical but it's a lot more accurate.)

EDIT: (Give me a bit and I'll write up a design document that describes tattoo magic better. I (pl.) rather like categorising magic. I'm just lucky that I turned out to be de facto goddess of Magic as well!)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 06:47:44 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: January 15, 2015, 06:50:37 pm »

((http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rune?s=t))

Edit: ((So no, not tattoo magic, it is runic magic))
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 06:53:26 pm by hector13 »

Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 475