Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615144 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T93: Recreational creation
« Reply #5490 on: January 16, 2015, 07:09:43 pm »

No. No they don't. No one has the power to veto. It doesn't actually mean anything...

To answer your questions, Khaziraad, allow me to ask you this: Do you really think I would design the Ley Lines to be able to explode? How would 'mining them' be any different from drawing power from them regularly?

Redirect into space...*facepalms. again.* You are kidding me, right? That's not how they work....

Propose banning vetos in general and any euphemisms which would be the equivalent, just to get rid of this fucking useless bullshit.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: January 16, 2015, 07:16:08 pm »

((This is why I propose silencing Malakath. The refusal of Andres to listen to anyone else on any subject is bizarre, and somewhat annoying, and at least I won't have to argue about the meaning of the word veto for a very long time))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: January 16, 2015, 07:35:53 pm »

Azem sprouts tentacles again, just to annoy Fusil.

"If that proposal of Darruth's actually passes, I will be sorely tempted to enact a second great Curse to punish you all for your collection stupidity and ignorance. And you won't be able to do anything about it."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: January 16, 2015, 07:37:40 pm »

Azem sprouts tentacles again, just to annoy Fusil.

"If that proposal of Darruth's actually passes, I will be sorely tempted to enact a second great Curse to punish you all for your collection stupidity and ignorance. And you won't be able to do anything about it."

"I could always kill you with real tentacles. Show you how its done."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: January 16, 2015, 07:42:16 pm »

What did I do?!

Also I would appreciate if you didn't...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: January 16, 2015, 07:57:16 pm »

((This is why I propose silencing Malakath. The refusal of Andres to listen to anyone else on any subject is bizarre, and somewhat annoying, and at least I won't have to argue about the meaning of the word veto for a very long time))
(Oh the irony! Before I read this post I was going to say how I was wrong to think what I thought and I should defer judgement to better gods. I'm still going to do that because I'm not a spiteful person and you're right.)

"I was wrong to think that someone could veto a Council action. It was a train of thought that led to an incorrect conclusion and I apologise. I'll leave the handling of vetos to wiser gods than I and hopefully I can actually stop myself from getting into Council politics in the future. Good luck dealing with the Void, the time tremors, and the traitor god(s)!" (That wasn't sarcastic - that was sincerely telling you good luck.)

Abstain on the proposals I presented.

"Any other requests?"
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:02:00 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: January 16, 2015, 08:02:32 pm »

Azem sighs and shakes his head.

"Figure it out yourself. I'll give you one hint: Varee."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T96: Annoyance Ascended
« Reply #5497 on: January 16, 2015, 08:02:53 pm »

Tick 96: Annoyance Ascended

RANDOM WARRIOR: (whispered) Why would I want to say something so silly!?

Face of the Burning Day: "We never said we despised them for that."

Malakath:
"Maybe I'll just go ask someone else. Order, Protection, Wealth, and Weapons seem to be likely candidates."
"I am so calm right now! So calm! Even though the little man locked the door and is sharpening that knife!"

Malakath attempts to unrestrict access to Darruth's Runic magic. Without knowing the actual details of its operation, this will have only little or no success.

Angel priests have been sent out to tour Muman, Mountwyrm, Human, Dwarf, Merperson, Wood Elf, Luminee, Night Elf, and Hummingbird capitals. Those touring the Night Elf capitals have been asked to leave by shadowy figures.

KI'Tork has toured isolated villages in the north and fed starving mortals.

Melyssa has appeared before convicted murderers to torture them to death.

Fortuna: "But there's a bunch of Muses who made that centuries ago, and they might send me a team of Lawmancers if I copy their idea!"
"You will be pleased, I'm sure!"

Fortuna has established a Gaming Commission which very few gambling halls have agreed to join so far. The main complaints seem to be from the curse and the restriction on names, which they feel restricts their selection unnecessarily given the capricious nature of luck.

Tycho seems to be doing very well. He has taken to wearing a coat half of gilded thread and half of torn rags. His preferred method of spreading Fortuna's message seems to be conning targets into thinking he can bestow gifts of luck through belief and generous donations.

The traveling entertainers have acquired a reputation as the only group that neglects safety nets, backstops, and properly built cages completely and are currently touring in the general direction of the Golden Grebe.

The Gruen who wanted to become a Lord of Hunger is currently stalking a foreign lord to consume him. He seems to have improved relatively little because of his somewhat ineffective diet.

Neron has modified a Golem, forcing its core to turn into a Soul Orb running on Blue Fire and changing its preferences to favor ice and sky. Golem hearts have been replaced by the Soul Orbs with a different method of creation. Finally, Neron has propagated them to 1 000 and placed half on each side of the ice planet.

Darruth has commissioned the construction of a Medical University for the research side of medicine.

Darruth has created a system of Ley Lines, which form around influential sites and function as magical hotspots. They affect and are affected by influential structures. They can be tapped into only by the trained

The anti-Void tactics seem to consist of interrogation and purging.

Kit challenges Tykki to a duel in the DBP. While this is not the first colloquial catfight, it is the first near-literal one. Fortuna has stepped in to block this from happening. Fusil has accepted on Tykki's behalf and ignored Fortuna.

Fusil has been perturbed by assorted gods taking tentacles. Could this be a sign of Fusil finally falling to Void corruption?

Mountwyrm-Tailwyrm hybrids have been given a 1% chance of developing a mutation rescuing the winged phenotype while still maintaining the tail.

(Where does 510 000 come from?)

Merchants and travelers have begun passing by the city of Tailwyrms with greater frequency. The Knights of Restoration will expand from this pool.

Neron has clapped with hands of ice for the destruction of the meaning of vetoes. Whether this refers to semantic satiation or something more deeply broken cannot be determined.

This update's constellations are the Hammer and Gravestone.

(KI'Tork: -1E, Neron: -4E, Darruth: -5E)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (9) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (6) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Duty, Generosity, Magic, and Air. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Stability and Want.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: January 16, 2015, 08:29:16 pm »

Fortuna: "But there's a bunch of Muses who made that centuries ago, and they might send me a team of Lawmancers if I copy their idea!"

Make it human politics then. The players are the leaders of some prominent cities and must compete with each other for resources in order to become the best city. Murder and general backstabbing is encouraged, but only as a part of roleplaying in the game.

"You will be pleased, I'm sure!"

I'm sure I will, mortal. Else I'll only have one person to blame...

Fortuna has established a Gaming Commission which very few gambling halls have agreed to join so far. The main complaints seem to be from the curse and the restriction on names, which they feel restricts their selection unnecessarily given the capricious nature of luck.

I neglected to mention that any gambling hall that isn't a part of the Commission will also be cursed.

Tycho seems to be doing very well. He has taken to wearing a coat half of gilded thread and half of torn rags. His preferred method of spreading Fortuna's message seems to be conning targets into thinking he can bestow gifts of luck through belief and generous donations.

Edit: Bless Tycho with the actual ability to influence another mortal's luck, but on a small scale (basically not any more than above or below average increases/decreases)

Tycho, my friend, what are you doing!? I can't have you deceiving people into worshiping me, that just won't do!

You should be singing the virtues of what worshiping me can bring, and warning people of what I can do to them should they fall on my bad side. Use yourself as an example; you are so lucky you don't even age! Ask people to challenge you to spectacular shows of luck. You know I'll always keep you safe.

The traveling entertainers have acquired a reputation as the only group that neglects safety nets, backstops, and properly built cages completely and are currently touring in the general direction of the Golden Grebe.

Edit: Tell them they must make reference to me as their benefactor in their shows by having the ringmaster dressed as me, else I'll make sure they can't continue without the safety equipment

Ask them to make reference to me by dressing the ringmaster as my avatar and do the show as though he is blessing the performers with luck to remain safe. They will receive my blessing, exclusively (for traveling entertainers...) in return for doing this.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 11:25:17 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: January 16, 2015, 08:37:45 pm »

Tick 96: Annoyance Ascended
(Finally! A decent title that actually relates to what happened in open IC! I knew this day would come! /half-joke)

"I have given you an offer that brings great rewards with no downsides. So long as the bond between you is strong, you'll always have the option to make the conversion. I will leave you two now."

Face of the Burning Day: "We never said we despised them for that."
Another order of knights, the Knights of the Burning Day, have formed on the same day far away from the Knights of Restoration. Somehow, they know of the Knights of Restoration and look down on them.
The Burning Days state that they operate transparently and were told by their founder of the Bellators. They seem to be against secrecy and subterfuge.
The Bellatorus Sanatores don't do subterfuge.

Malakath:
"Maybe I'll just go ask someone else. Order, Protection, Wealth, and Weapons seem to be likely candidates."
"I am so calm right now! So calm! Even though the little man locked the door and is sharpening that knife!"
"Azem and Darruth are your best bets - especially Darruth. Fusil is more likely to favour the people who damage your property and Cim's dislike of lawmancy may negatively affect his decision to help you."
(Not that kind of calm. It's more like a martial artist or a samurai who's focused and at peace than a stoner who's unfocused and at peace.) I use a bit of telekinesis to prevent the little man from advancing any further. I then use some mind-reading to find out exactly what the little man is intending to do and why he's doing it.

Malakath attempts to unrestrict access to Darruth's Runic magic. Without knowing the actual details of its operation, this will have only little or no success.

Angel priests have been sent out to tour Muman, Mountwyrm, Human, Dwarf, Merperson, Wood Elf, Luminee, Night Elf, and Hummingbird capitals. Those touring the Night Elf capitals have been asked to leave by shadowy figures.
"Sorry about that. I thought I'd cancelled that action." Stop attempting to unrestrict access to Runic Magic. "I'd still appreciate it if you called it something else."

My angel priests will kidnap some of these shadowy figures and then bring them to me. I read their minds. Are they Void cultists or something?

(Where does 510 000 come from?)
(Starting population of 300k + population boom.)

Abstain 94.03: Votes toward punishing a convict may not come from the convict
Abstain 95.05: Force a cooldown of 3 ticks on vetoing
Abstain 95.06: Vetoed things cannot be re-proposed for 10 ticks

EDIT: Heaven is now known as Zeranzel. Now to think up a decent name for the Shadow Realm....
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:07:14 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5500 on: January 16, 2015, 09:08:22 pm »

*Still whispering* "Because if you screamed 'Foxtrot this is Romeo Whiskey we are requesting immediate evac at our location will pop a smoke', you would sound just as silly and you would give away what we are doing! This way, I throw a few smoke grenades in, get you out, and put jellyrolls where you where standing. She will walk away and never suspect a thing!"

The anti-Void tactics seem to consist of interrogation and purging.

"Why did you pick up a book on the inquisition anyway ::)? I meant someone who knows what they are talking about."

Kit challenges Tykki to a duel in the DBP. While this is not the first colloquial catfight, it is the first near-literal one. Fortuna has stepped in to block this from happening. Fusil has accepted on Tykki's behalf and ignored Fortuna.

(But...what is the outcome! We have pilot waves now, we don't need any Schrodinger's cat!)

Spoiler: OOC in IC clutter; look here first if something didn't happen (click to show/hide)

(I can't help but feel partially responsible. Apologies.)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: January 16, 2015, 09:23:55 pm »

*Still whispering* "She will walk away and never suspect a thing!"
*Whispering* "Either that or she'll walk away on her own regardless." ((What I'm doing now. It was written in my IC action.))

"Why did you pick up a book on the inquisition anyway ::)? I meant someone who knows what they are talking about."
"Because you asked me to pick up a Fusil-darned book and I thought that a book written by what I assume to be a Fusil-darned organisation would also be Fusil-darned. I'll pick up another book, then."

I read one of the books on the Void that Fusil read.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:26:34 pm by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: January 16, 2015, 09:44:54 pm »

*Whispering* "Either that or she'll walk away on her own regardless." ((What I'm doing now. It was written in my IC action.))

*Still wispering* "OUR COVER HAS BEEN BLOWN ACT COOL!"

"Uh, that wasn't me Malakath. That was my morally ambiguous twin, Fusilli the Pasta Prince! He has been trying to get mortals to say "Malakath no swiping" since before you where born! Nobody knows why. He is a strange and enigmatic God, wondering the world with his loyal Soppatykki the Archangel of all things pasta. I have not mentioned him until now because he might destroy the entire council if angered."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: January 16, 2015, 09:46:56 pm »

((You know?

I've forgotten what stuff there is I want to do as a public action. At least the stuff that I can afford.

Hmmm. Also, samurai aren't at peace. Quite the opposite. They are at war. Part of Bushido is choosing death, whenever there is a choice between life and death. That's a paraphrased quote.))

Hmmm. What to do...oh, wait, I know.

Commission the construction of hospitals staffed primarily by Darruthian Healers through the cities of Good. They are free to those that cannot afford them, and cost those who can afford to pay only what is both reasonable and they can spare(scales according to their wealth; almost like a tax to use it, rather than a flat cost). In other ways, they should be funded by the Church.
I'm very interested in finding out how well the cities have been doing without me taking much of a hand in actual government, or at least I think I have. How prosperous are the cities? How are their lives? What problems do they have for me to address?

Oh, yes, and Decentralize.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: January 16, 2015, 11:32:02 pm »

Do snake like tendrils count as tentacles? Because if they do, I had them before anyone. Not sure if it's something to be proud of though... they just seemed useful for eating really quickly.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 475