Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617132 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T93: Recreational creation
« Reply #5535 on: January 17, 2015, 04:48:29 pm »

"So is there a process I must go through to create my own race of worshipers?

"No, you simply design the race and put essence into it. You should likely propagate them later, sending their numbers up. Only sapients can worship. We have a reincarnation system of two linked planets, it would likely be best if you seeded both worlds if you decide to make a creation. "

(You should probably get a price check unless you are making a small amount, or pretty generic creatures)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: January 17, 2015, 04:59:40 pm »

"Propagation of a race is cheaper than creation of a race. If you're going to make a new race, it's best to make a small amount (1 to 300 are the usual amounts) and then propagate them by a few thousand. Alternatively, you can just pick a race from Yaos' Bestiary of the Worlds and propagate them."

"Do NOT try to spread your religion in Armu cities (Fusil), Golem/Gremlin cities (Khaziraad), the Gruen capital (Grauel), and possibly the Good cities (Darruth) though I haven't tried spreading my faith there. Especially stay away from the Armu and Golem/Gremlin cities."

"If you want, I can start begin spreading your worship in my own capital city. A god of Harvest would be very useful to it. A small Essence payment of 3E and I'll start telling people about you and building a few temples to you."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: January 17, 2015, 05:01:19 pm »

"Also, don't pay Malakath for anything ever. She is a greedy fool who overcharges for everything. For four essence, you could build your own temples."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: January 17, 2015, 05:02:24 pm »

"Also, don't pay Malakath for anything ever. She is a greedy fool who overcharges for everything. For four essence, you could build your own temples."

Or you can get your worshipers to build them for free. When you get them, anyways...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: January 17, 2015, 05:04:30 pm »

(4E was an accident. Actual price was 3E.)

"Perhaps just 2E then? It's certainly cheaper to have a goddess have her hundreds of thousands of followers worship you than creating hundreds of thousands of followers."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: January 17, 2015, 05:05:50 pm »

Melyssa listens to prayers

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: January 17, 2015, 05:06:21 pm »

"Perhaps just 2E then? It's certainly cheaper to have a goddess have her hundreds of thousands of followers worship you than creating hundreds of thousands of followers."

Or Cyrix can convince some presently unaligned mortals to worship them. And that's also free.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: January 17, 2015, 05:12:18 pm »

(Current numbers suggest that us more powerful gods have millions of followers)

"Ignore her. For spending 2E, you could make your own temples. Or convince her followers to do it for you, without the middleman."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: January 17, 2015, 05:23:38 pm »

(I'm just talking about my capital city, though, which has a little more than half a million followers.)

"It cost me 4 Essence to create 300,000 followers. For 2 Essence, you can get yourself 510,000 worshippers. You could try convincing them to worship you by yourself but it'll be easier if you have their primary god vouch for you. The choice is yours."

(Owls can be interpreted as good for the harvest because they kill mice and other rodents.)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: January 17, 2015, 05:25:48 pm »

"I think I'll just make my own race and let undecideds come if they want. So making my own race I just shape a few and sprinkle them onto the planet? Also yes I would like to transfer the  two essence for a temple to be built in my name in(Malacath's?) capital city.
((I just describe a race and number and say that I put a few on one planet and a few in the other?))
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: January 17, 2015, 05:33:52 pm »

(That would be the way to do it. You might want to ask how much it would cost in the OOC thread first. Unaging races provide less Essence from worship than mortal races. Non-sentient races don't have free will and can't worship, sentient races have free will but can't worship, and sapient races (what you're looking for) have free will and are capable of worship.)

"Excellent. I'll begin telling my people about you shortly."

Two Cryxian Cyrixic temples are built in Odolhirum. People are told about the new god Cryxis, god of the Harvest and the benefits to worshipping him. (I'm guessing here that their food spoils less quickly, food tastes better, and food is both more plentiful and more varied in the marketplace. Ex: "Please Cryxis let there be Heldinheim sandwiches in the marketplace today!")
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 05:49:06 pm by Andres »

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: January 17, 2015, 05:41:40 pm »

((... Cyrix not Cryxis... I don't blame the confusion though because Cyrix is just a jumbled form of my username))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: January 17, 2015, 05:42:06 pm »

"I think I'll just make my own race and let undecideds come if they want. So making my own race I just shape a few and sprinkle them onto the planet? Also yes I would like to transfer the  two essence for a temple to be built in my name in(Malacath's?) capital city.
((I just describe a race and number and say that I put a few on one planet and a few in the other?))

(Basically, that will work. You should probably get it priced check for the number, so it doesn't end up killing you.)

"It cost me 4 Essence to create 300,000 followers. For 2 Essence, you can get yourself 510,000 worshippers. You could try convincing them to worship you by yourself but it'll be easier if you have their primary god vouch for you. The choice is yours."

"Don't listen to the fool, their worship won't be worth anything to you. They will still mostly follow their primary god, only sending token worship to you. Please ignore her, doing otherwise just makes her ask for more essence. If I remember correctly, you could make hundreds if not thousands of temples for 2E..."

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: January 17, 2015, 05:44:25 pm »

"I still want the temples and they have been made. If nothing else it has given me a friend and a starting basis of worship. 

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: January 17, 2015, 05:49:26 pm »

Though the Havens(shorter name for Cities of Good, easier, fits better) should already have some shrines and temples to the other gods, I believe I finally have some spare time/ability/Essence.

Let's build some Pantheon Courts, shall we?

Spoiler: Pantheon Court (click to show/hide)

A rather belated welcome, Cyrix. It's a nice change to see a god of something most definitely positive arrive. Though I neglected to welcome Raptil, as well...my apologies, Lord of the Hunt. I have a sneaking suspicion you two might get along quite well...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 475