Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616829 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [18+/999 players] IC: T97: Revivication
« Reply #5775 on: January 18, 2015, 11:05:24 pm »

Whether the Council is abstaining as a group or not, they would all be only a few votes away from passing anyway, because so few gods vote on them, and because there aren't that many here to begin with.

"No. You don't understand how voting works, do you? This just goes further to show that you simply have no clue how this world works, despite your claims. Essentially, proposals need a certain number of people to vote on them to pass or fail. So before 75.01, most proposals did not get enough votes to even get a leg on it. Now that 75.01 passed, you only technically need one person to vote on any given proposal for it to pass, because it will automatically be 100% of the people voting supporting it. So yes, especially compared to before, all the proposals where dangerously close to passing."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: January 18, 2015, 11:08:23 pm »

"Actually, all proposals need at least two gods to support it before it can pass and neither of these two people can be the ones who proposed the proposal in the first place. Joha proposed that this rule be brought into place and it was passed."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: January 18, 2015, 11:10:56 pm »

Any proposal also requires the support of at least 50% of active gods to pass, unopposed.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: January 18, 2015, 11:11:43 pm »

That ruling was replaced ages ago by what Malakath was just describing.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T82: Conciliary fixation
« Reply #5779 on: January 18, 2015, 11:14:25 pm »

Whether the Council is abstaining as a group or not, they would all be only a few votes away from passing anyway, because so few gods vote on them, and because there aren't that many here to begin with.

"No. You don't understand how voting works, do you? This just goes further to show that you simply have no clue how this world works, despite your claims. Essentially, proposals need a certain number of people to vote on them to pass or fail. So before 75.01, most proposals did not get enough votes to even get a leg on it. Now that 75.01 passed, you only technically need one person to vote on any given proposal for it to pass, because it will automatically be 100% of the people voting supporting it. So yes, especially compared to before, all the proposals where dangerously close to passing."
Darruth chuckles. For once. Really? That's news to me. See, when 80.05.2 passed, that ceased to be true. Which was why I proposed it. And why you opposed it. Considering the fact that you opposed it, and it passed anyway, I'm rather surprised you forgot about it so easily.

So what was that about who didn't understand how voting works?

Oh right. You don't. And I have proof, because:

Tick 82: Conciliary Fixation
Spoiler: Council proposals (7) (click to show/hide)

And also:

Feels good to be Right.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: January 18, 2015, 11:18:42 pm »

"Actually, all proposals need at least two gods to support it before it can pass and neither of these two people can be the ones who proposed the proposal in the first place. Joha proposed that this rule be brought into place and it was passed."

"No, the current law says it only needs two people backing it up. This could be done in secret, it only needs one vote to pass. The support doesn't necessarily have to come in the form of open votes. Seconding=/supporting openly."
Darruth chuckles. For once. Really? That's news to me. See, when 80.05.2 passed, that ceased to be true. Which was why I proposed it. And why you opposed it. Considering the fact that you opposed it, and it passed anyway, I'm rather surprised you forgot about it so easily.

So what was that about who didn't understand how voting works?

Oh right. You don't. And I have proof, because:

"I am fairly certain I just explained to you how this doesn't require more voting. Just support. Not votes. It only requires one vote to pass. It was you who doesn't understand."

Feels good to be Right.

"I know. I feel it now."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: January 18, 2015, 11:22:00 pm »

-NOPOLITICS-
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: January 18, 2015, 11:23:02 pm »

"No, the current law says it only needs two people backing it up. This could be done in secret, it only needs one vote to pass. The support doesn't necessarily have to come in the form of open votes. Seconding=/supporting openly."
Proposals require seconding by two other gods to pass
...which makes for a minimum of three gods supporting a proposal for it to be able to pass.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: January 18, 2015, 11:26:12 pm »

"Technically speaking, it could be interpreted so the minimum is only two. If two gods decide to support a third god's proposal and that god then chooses to abstain, the proposal will pass because the two gods supporting it can be intepreted as being other gods relative to the one who proposed the proposal. Just pointing it out."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: January 18, 2015, 11:28:46 pm »

...which makes for a minimum of three gods supporting a proposal for it to be able to pass.

"No, your wording makes it so supporting it is unnecessary. They just have to 'back it'. A vote is not needed."

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5785 on: January 18, 2015, 11:30:31 pm »

If it bothers you so much, why don't you propose a change to it?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: January 18, 2015, 11:32:08 pm »

And you have what evidence of this? That sounds a lot like assuming, to me, considering you don't have proof it works that way. And indeed, the logical answer is that the Council cannot register things done privately. Only publicly, or when something that was private becomes public. Such is the nature of the Council.

What I mean to say is: You forgot about that, realized you screwed up, and are now trying to cover your tracks by falling back on a technicality.

Which is the type of thing Yaos used to do. I suppose he taught you something, didn't he?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: January 18, 2015, 11:34:09 pm »

If it bothers you so much, why don't you propose a change to it?

"Alright, fine. I propose we remove 75.01."

And you have what evidence of this? That sounds a lot like assuming, to me, considering you don't have proof it works that way. And indeed, the logical answer is that the Council cannot register things done privately. Only publicly, or when something that was private becomes public. Such is the nature of the Council.

"There has been at least one case of someone privately shooting down a council proposal to save essence and face. As I said before, you have no clue how this world works, despite what you think."

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: January 18, 2015, 11:36:44 pm »

I propose that we create an Essence bank that gods can draw from when they are near their deaths. It would be optional to donate into it and any withdrawals from it must be approved by the council if the withdrawal is more than 5 essence or more than what that god has placed in the bank.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: January 18, 2015, 11:37:45 pm »

Oppose Fusil's proposal. Either it will default back to whatever the old rule was - which was replaced for a reason - or there will just be no restriction in that sense, which was the entire reason you were arguing that that rule has problems. I don't see how that makes sense.

Even the worst of enemies have quite a bit in common...

On another note, I'm somewhat wondering how many proposals have failed over all of these ticks...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 11:40:02 pm by Lost in Nowhere »
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 475