Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617191 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [18+/999 players] IC: T100: Q: "How do gods celebrate?"
« Reply #5940 on: January 21, 2015, 05:02:25 pm »

Tick 100: Q: "How do gods celebrate?"

The angel priests scouting around trying to find the military leaders have stumbled on a promising leak. They have found a room with a round table and a war map. Around the table are a jelly roll, a rock with a face drawn on, a jar of pickles, a cat with a wrinkled paper crown, and a bucket (‼) filled with something. There are signs pointing at them labeled "MERFOLK MILITARY LEADERS."

The angel priests searching for the leader have found a heavily armored Merman in a sealed airship surrounded by four great fountains with much gold and a nice cape.
? ? ?: "I demand nothing less than sovereignty over the entire world. I have millions of your followers ready to be executed at the first sign of disruption and many in rooms warded from detection but not destruction in the seas. I advise that you stand down and yield to your rightful emperor."
A screaming man in impressive armor wielding a massive axe has appeared, charging at the self-proclaimed emperor, who teleports away, sighs, and says something about an execution.

The angel priest says he had no idea it was happening as he saw no soldiers and no mobilization

(A map may be coming, but it's not the old one. This one's scale is much larger.)

A-S-H cities have begun preparing defenses for the inevitable attack, although their locations prohibit easy access. Some probably Merfolk-associated scouts of flying races have been shot down.

The Ice Titans have begun the construction of walls around as many Rani towns as possible. Ice Golem Saints have started an evacuation to Rani towns and Shadow Raven Saints have begun evacuations into deep forest. Rani Saints have begun drafting an army and keep watch for Merfolk attacks.

Neron has appeared in the Merfolk capital as a massive Merman of ice.
Random Mermaid: "Our glorious leader has left the sea to remove those disgusting land-dwellers!"
Azem has appeared in the Merfolk capital as a massive Merman with emerald scales.
Random Merman: "We can't! He's already left!!"

Idris has investigated the larger Merfolk cities and found nothing too out of the ordinary.

Khaziraad's angels have appeared before the Merfolk as storm clouds and asked why and how the Merfolk are launching the attacks.
Random Merman: "They are attacking to eliminate the land-dwelling filth! Our glorious conqueror who unified us didn't always use armies to conquer!!!"

The Mountwyrms, Dwarves, and Gem Dragons have been told of the Merfolk army. The more coastal Mountwyrms knew of it from first-hand experience.

The guardians of the Sewa have been propagated to maintain a 1:5 ratio with the Sewa. The Sewa not near Odolhirum have begun centralizing and building a city and finished with Cyrix's assistance. (Not sure if pantheon investment still wanted, so not deducted)

KI'Tork has shrugged epically.

Malakath has been alerted to heavy bombardment at the Restoration Knights' castle and all stored water disappearing.

A DSHS campus has been heavily damaged by an attack! Valuable medical research has been destroyed!

Those nominated in the contests have been granted the ability to access the skills and abilities of previous lives.

Neron has turned tens of thousands of Merfolk warriors into Eel Men. Fusil has granted the tongues of the Eel Men the ability to split and be prehensile. Neron has made the tentacles turn into smaller eels that devour weapons. Fusil has given them control so as not to devour weapons or even devour enemies, thus making the eels themselves weapons. Neron has turned the Eel Men and Eels into Sea Slugs unable to do anything but moan, curse Fusil, and crawl about. The leadership is unaffected.

The Winged Servants have begun firebombing the invading Merfolk and their auxiliaries and strange creatures of water and stone. The fire is mostly ineffective.

Quéßäre has surrounded many dense camps of sleeping Merfolk with a colorless, lethal gas targeted specifically at Merfolk. It seems a significant fraction anticipated gas attacks and were somehow prepared against this in addition to quite a few influentials who sleep in water and are mostly unaffected. The leadership also remains unaffected and has reanimated the dead. It seems likely that quite a few Merfolk who were actually merchants were killed when in the same area. Notable is the fact that no Eel Men, Eels, or Sea Slugs were affected, and they continue to moan, curse Fusil, and crawl about.

Neron has morphed together the Sea Slugs together to create the Drrol, a hive mind controlling different parts of the body, which resembles a giant sessile brain with tentacles. It has a childlike mind that knows only satisfaction and joy, needs neither to eat nor to breathe, and tells many stories. It has resistance to ice. It has now protected itself and killed a gawker, feeling joy and satisfaction while doing so. The leadership is unaffected.

Fusil has created the Alreona flasks.

Fortuna:
"And now our king is dead! I can finally make that game! I am so Smiled On!"
(Auspex is intended as both its definition and a bit of etymological trickery with "auspicious")
Tycho is currently rebuilding a shrine to Fortuna, unseen by anyone.
The parents of the child are on the way to Chance.
"But what's a little pain when I get to store food in my cheeks like a sailor?"
There is plenty of food, water, and entertainment at Chance. An unintended side effect of the prevalence of gambling halls is a generally improved understanding of probability.

Melyssa has created a Painpointing spell. Some mages are requesting a reverse Painpointing spell in which they see people who aren't (yet) feeling pain for its usefulness in playing Hide and Stake.

A celebration has been started, enforced by the Council!

The Pantheon Courts have been completed despite the war.

A Gruen city has been besieged by a massive army of Merfolk and various other races. An army of 5 million homunculi has appeared to attack the sieging force. The Gruen have begun swarming out and devouring anyone in the way and there is a cloud of Gruen spores around the area. Roughly 13% of each of the two armies have been consumed by the surprise attack. There is much chaos as both of the original armies struggle to decide who to concentrate on. The Merfolk army has called for a truce.

Sentinels have poured out of nowhere in particular to repel the invading forces. They defend the less damaged portions of the ground-based Good cities fairly well but suffer great losses.

The smoldering remnants of ISAY have inexplicably vanished.

A branch of the Life Lab's security in an invaded town has been breached! Researchers seem very nervous about something.

Malakath: Common sense flag toggled.
Azem: Common sense flag toggled for Gem Dragons and Mountwyrms.

Many Humans, Mountwyrms, Luminee, Wood Elves, Night Elves, and Odolhirum dwellers have been killed off!

The dead have been reincarnated or sent to their afterlives.

This update's constellations are the Seraph and Ikaku.

(Cyrix: -2E, Neron: -5E, Fusil: -3E, Neron: -3E, Fusil: -2E, Quéßäre: -6E, Neron: -3E, Neron: -3E, Fusil: -4E, Darruth: -2E, Melyssa: -2E, Cyrix: -2E)
)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (5) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (4) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Generosity, Fate, Strength, and Fire. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Pleasure and Misfortune.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: January 21, 2015, 05:07:28 pm »

Some mages are requesting a reverse Painpointing spell in which they see people who aren't (yet) feeling pain for its usefulness in playing Hide and Stake.
MY FUCKING SIDES.
HIDE.
AND.
STAKE.
I'M DYING.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: January 21, 2015, 05:08:55 pm »

"Hmm, I see..."

KI'Tork checks on the kobolds and sees how the fighting has effected them.

Proposal 97.00:Accepted

"A Celebration means cooking food!"

KI'Tork spend 2 Essence improving his temples.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:10:46 pm by LuckyKobold »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: January 21, 2015, 05:13:18 pm »

-snip-
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #5944 on: January 21, 2015, 05:22:14 pm »

The VIrtues have announced the giving of gifts in response to the godly "celebration."
Pat has given no one anything
Tom has given Fusil 4E
Rita has given Neron 4E
Ben has given Darruth 4E
Tria has given Fortuna 4E
Mil has given Cyrix 4E
Cassie has given Azem 4E

(97.00's already passed)

(KI'Tork: -2E)
KI'Tork: The kobolds seem to have been mostly spared perhaps because of their relative obscurity.

Your temples have been improved.

ADDIT:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:27:08 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: January 21, 2015, 06:03:24 pm »

"Gods celebrate by having a massive snowball fight"

Merwen is to go and explain to the Drrol that Neron dislikes murderers and to knock it off before I turn them into slime, also bring the innocent gawker back to life.

"I would like to propose that we give this emperor immortality so that we can through him into the sun and let him burn for eternity."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: January 21, 2015, 06:07:20 pm »

"Neron, Why don't we move the Drrol to the Nikjol Ice Planet and then we can pool our Essence to make The Lightbulb and Wire, I'll get 75% of the cost and You'll deal with the other 25% so that we can finally start working on our Solar System?"

In Honor Of Neron's Suggestion KI'Tork attempts to engage in a snowball fight with the Megabeast that appeared a few ticks ago.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: January 21, 2015, 06:08:12 pm »

Tycho is currently rebuilding a shrine to Fortuna, unseen by anyone.

I'm curious how you think this will aid us, Tycho.

The parents of the child are on the way to Chance.

Inform the Turonni to treat these people as honoured guests, engage the child with religious iconography related to me.

"But what's a little pain when I get to store food in my cheeks like a sailor?"

Give him his pouches, but at least make them unnoticeable to others people

You ah... you may want to avoid sailors. They don't like it when other people get these pouches, even if they end up becoming a sailor. Keep it secret, aye?

There is plenty of food, water, and entertainment at Chance. An unintended side effect of the prevalence of gambling halls is a generally improved understanding of probability.

Encourage setting up a university for further study into probability, and mathematics in general. Channel a small amount of fiscal donations toward this effort.

Propagate the Turonni and also give them the common sense flag, spending 7E.

On the Merfolk stuff: Perhaps we should engage the Merfolk emperor in discourse before punishing him? There must be a reason for this. If it's simply because the Merfolk are racist, perhaps a little bit of education might not go amiss?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: January 21, 2015, 06:09:51 pm »

"Why don't we just put the Mermen on Nikjol so that they'll have an entire world for themselves?"

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: January 21, 2015, 06:10:34 pm »

So the instigator has revealed itself and we have

The angel priests scouting around trying to find the military leaders have stumbled on a promising leak. They have found a room with a round table and a war map. Around the table are a jelly roll, a rock with a face drawn on, a jar of pickles, a cat with a wrinkled paper crown, and a bucket (‼) filled with something. There are signs pointing at them labeled "MERFOLK MILITARY LEADERS."

pointing to void influence. I am still considering mass slaughter of merpeople, but I'm going to have this emperor captured and see what happens first. Those wanting to help can do so by not interfering.

"I would like to propose that we give this emperor immortality so that we can through him into the sun and let him burn for eternity."

A capital idea.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: January 21, 2015, 06:13:36 pm »

"That sounds acceptable, but just burning won't be painful enough. We must make sure that he regrets what he has done."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: January 21, 2015, 06:16:19 pm »

Oppose 99.01:? Move all the Merfolk to Nikjol <?>

"I strongly oppose this. After all the trouble with the HoDo/Lich, do we really want to create another immortal, ultra-powerful, god-hating wizard?"

"Azem, can you loan me about 6E? I'll pay you back 8E in 8 Ticks."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:55:20 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: January 21, 2015, 06:18:25 pm »

"Just why can't a jelly roll, a rock with a face drawn on, a jar of pickles, a cat with a wrinkled paper crown, and a bucket (‼) filled with something successfully engineer a world dominating conquest?"

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: January 21, 2015, 06:25:25 pm »

$$$
((What is the current population of Sewa? And how much would it cost to teleport their city with the guardians to one of the other habitable planets?))
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: January 21, 2015, 06:29:14 pm »

$$$
((What is the current population of Sewa? And how much would it cost to teleport their city with the guardians to one of the other habitable planets?))

(Price checks are generally done in the OOC)

"Gods actually celebrate by shooting things. It is a time-honored tradition."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 475