Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616678 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [19+/999 players] IC: T108: Relay
« Reply #6810 on: February 08, 2015, 02:22:58 pm »

Mmmmm...I would actually have to support Fusil on this one. He's not forcing mortals to stop worshipping other gods, he's trying to prevent other gods from converting his followers. Sorry Azem. At least, if that's what you were suing him for. The spirit of the law does not apply to this situation; he's not forcing the worshipers, he's forcing away the converters.
"That makes enough sense to hold as a defense. That is why I won't vote...yet."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: February 08, 2015, 02:25:49 pm »

Quote from: Code of Conduct
IV. Thou Shall Not Force Mortals Not To Worship Other Gods
"I stand with you, Azem. I will not vote on this trial yet, however."

Cim gets ready to counterspell Tykki.

"I have the right to legal council! God Engines units one through five, standby to counter the counterspell! No burning out, take it easy. He stand no chance against our combined might!"

I'm sorry Stirk, my mental filter caught the bits in the first part about you claiming I don't know anything and so the rest kinda got shuffled out. Could you repeat that, maybe with a little less condescension? Maybe I'll be able to understand you better.

"Who is 'Stirk'? This is the second time this was mentioned. Is he a God from a foreign bubble or something? Everyone seems to be invoking his name when in distress. In any case, if your insane filter is blocking your idiotic mind from the truth there is nothing I can do. Is that what keeps you so ignorant?"

I say you're paranoid because you think they're there to steal your followers. And while I wouldn't put it past Malakath, sharing and stealing aren't really the same thing. Like I said though, it's your choice if you want to keep them to yourself. That's not something I'll begrudge you, especially since I've been starting to feel very similarly, considering Melyssa and this new eldritch god and the like.

"Transforming my followers from something pure into something impure is stealing. I don't need to 'share'. I don't want to 'share'. They will be my followers and mine alone, if I can help it."

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: February 08, 2015, 02:30:35 pm »

Mmmmm...I would actually have to support Fusil on this one. He's not forcing mortals to stop worshipping other gods, he's trying to prevent other gods from converting his followers. Sorry Azem. At least, if that's what you were suing him for. The spirit of the law does not apply to this situation; he's not forcing the worshipers, he's forcing away the converters.
"That makes enough sense to hold as a defense. That is why I won't vote...yet."

I must support him also. I would've reacted in a similarly bad, through more polite way if I were to be in his situation. I believe obviously that he have the right to protect his followers in this situation, as it is clearly an attempt at converting them.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 02:32:29 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: February 08, 2015, 02:45:14 pm »

Azem just glares at the assembled gods.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: February 08, 2015, 03:22:53 pm »

Cim counterspells the counter-counterspell.

"Azem! Use your bean-counter skills to counterspell the counter-counterspell!"

Cim counts: "One counter! Two counters! Three counters! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Cim calls in Co'unt're'mup, the Guardian of Counters, from the Void.

"KI'Tork, give me a kitchen with all its counters so I can counter that counter-counterspell!"

"Fusil. Do not try to defeat me in my own game. Your troupe's lawmancy only serves only to make me more powerful. That's about as viable to you as me directly attacking you with a sword."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: February 08, 2015, 03:27:40 pm »

Cim counterspells the counter-counterspell.

"Azem! Use your bean-counter skills to counterspell the counter-counterspell!"

Cim counts: "One counter! Two counters! Three counters! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Cim calls in Co'unt're'mup, the Guardian of Counters, from the Void.

"KI'Tork, give me a kitchen with all its counters so I can counter that counter-counterspell!"

( :P :P :P)

"Fusil. Do not try to defeat me in my own game. Your troupe's lawmancy only serves only to make me more powerful. That's about as viable to you as me directly attacking you with a sword."

"People have made many attempts on my life with swords. Tykki was trained specifically to break Void Contracts, something I had hoped a lawmancer of great power would be capable of. Her training was specifically designed to beat the enemy at their own game. I don't believe you even have a true understanding of the nature of Lawmancy, due you Cim? You know not what the defend spell will do!"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: February 08, 2015, 03:40:11 pm »

Gods, Fusil is just so witty, everyone. I mean, he can tell people that they don't know anything! Repeatedly, even!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: February 08, 2015, 03:55:48 pm »

They are, of course, kept out of Fusil loyal lands by way of bolt point. Malakath really has to stop pushing her drugs and religion in my land!
Missionaries and angels have been forbidden from going to the "forbidden cities" for a while now. These forbidden cities include the ASH cities, the Golem/Gremlin cities, and the Grauel capital. Even if your cities weren't forbidden, my missionaries wouldn't go to your lands unless there was a lot of Mystic Snow-use there.

Well, Malakath, I never thought you'd stoop so low as to become a petty drug dealer. Evidently us gods can be no better than the mortals, sometimes... better keep this away from the Turonni, though. I'd rather you not erode the quality of my worship by selling them cheap drugs.
"My missionaries are only going to cities that have high amounts of Mystic Snow-use. If they're visiting your cities then I think you have bigger problems at hand than the missionaries themselves. Regardless, my missionaries of Weed will not visit your lands."

"Mystic snow at least only falls once in a blue moon, allowing a much shorter effective time and letting those afflicted by it get by as normal the rest of the year. This stuff grows every day, leading the addicts to use it every day."
"Mystic Snow originally only fell once a year, but eventually someone asked if more Mystic Snowfall could be had and Varee extended the time so that Mystic Snow falls for two weeks out of every year. Also, Mystic Weed doesn't grow in the wild. Only my missionaries have access to it."

Your caravans presumably don't offer mind-altering substances on the cheap as a means to gather worship...

Are you really hurting that bad for worshipers, Malakath?

"The missionaries I sent have been sent to convince people to worship me, yes, but Mystic Weed is being distributed regardless of religion."

If you want drug addled worshipers, Darruth ((not sure if you are... but you are now :P)) feel free to let the missionaries enter your cities.
"They would enter his cities only if they were full of Mystic Snow addicts."

"You do realize most of the A-S-H races probably don't even have blood?"
"Blood is merely my secondary sphere."

"May I have your attention, please, Darruth? Now, what I wanted to speak about was formally spreading my religion in your Good Cities. I've just assumed that they were forbidden cities due to all the defensive measures you placed on them but I'm unsure. Is it ok if I send some priests to your cities and convince them to worship me as well as you? If not, then can you at least allow them to teach people Soul and blood magic? They both have very useful properties and can benefit your people greatly."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 04:55:17 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: February 08, 2015, 06:12:25 pm »

Well, Malakath, I never thought you'd stoop so low as to become a petty drug dealer. Evidently us gods can be no better than the mortals, sometimes... better keep this away from the Turonni, though. I'd rather you not erode the quality of my worship by selling them cheap drugs.
"My missionaries are only going to cities that have high amounts of Mystic Snow-use. If they're visiting your cities then I think you have bigger problems at hand than the missionaries themselves. Regardless, my missionaries of Weed will not visit your lands."

Hence my earlier edict to have all addicts that aren't contributing to society arrested and put to work.

Your caravans presumably don't offer mind-altering substances on the cheap as a means to gather worship...

Are you really hurting that bad for worshipers, Malakath?

"The missionaries I sent have been sent to convince people to worship me, yes, but Mystic Weed is being distributed regardless of religion."

Indeed, but your dealers are also proselytising, which is something I cannot abide.

What are the effects of this Mystic Weed, and also the Mystic Snow, so I know just how bad the work should be for the addicts in Chance.

An addendum to the edict putting junkies to work: the convicts will be provided with the minimum amount of Weed and/or Snow to avoid withdrawal symptoms. Any convict wishing to be paroled will be observed over the course of a half-year while still doing the menial labour. After this, they will be released into society, to do as they wish, but still under a further half-year observation to make sure they aren't using.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: February 08, 2015, 06:25:06 pm »

Indeed, but your dealers are also proselytising, which is something I cannot abide.
"I was just arguing against the insinuation that I'm using Mystic Weed as a catalyst to gain more followers which I am most certainly not doing. Proselytism is merely a side activity and will not interfere with their anti-Snow work."

What are the effects of this Mystic Weed, and also the Mystic Snow, so I know just how bad the work should be for the addicts in Chance.
"Mystic Weed is less addictive than Mystic Snow. While Snow makes someone feel happy and energetic, Weed makes them calm and at peace. Despite this, someone who regularly consumes Weed is more productive than someone who regularly consumes Snow since Weed's effects are less severe and it's not actively distractive against pursuing other activities, unlike Snow."

EDIT: "The one thing it distracts against is addiction to Mystic Snow."

An addendum to the edict putting junkies to work: the convicts will be provided with the minimum amount of Weed and/or Snow to avoid withdrawal symptoms. Any convict wishing to be paroled will be observed over the course of a half-year while still doing the menial labour. After this, they will be released into society, to do as they wish, but still under a further half-year observation to make sure they aren't using.
"Fortuna, you have no Mystic Weed addicts. I only created Mystic Weed this Tick and the only ones who have access to it are my missionaries who haven't visited your cities. Since they're not allowed to enter, it's unlikely you will ever half Mystic Weed addicts unless you give them some."

Missionaries will only distribute enough Weed to each person to last that person a day. People are not allowed to buy in bulk.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:29:22 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: February 08, 2015, 06:28:41 pm »

"OK Cim, Here Ya Go."

KI'Tork gives Cim a Five-Star Kitchen with an emphasis on Counter Aesthetics.

"Also Malakath, the Regeneration only works in potion form, But frequently using it will increase the User's overall health. Again, Thanks for the Inspiration."

Propose: I Say We Remove all Harmful Effects/Addictions from Narcotics!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: February 08, 2015, 06:32:33 pm »

Would this proposal affect all drugs created in the future, or only those already existing at this point?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:34:38 pm by FArgHalfnr »

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: February 08, 2015, 06:35:26 pm »

"All of the Current ones, I assume..."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: February 08, 2015, 06:37:15 pm »

"All of the Current ones, I assume..."

I see. Then I will abstain to vote on this proposal, as I have no interest in seeing either side win.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: February 08, 2015, 06:49:42 pm »

KI'Tork gives Cim a Five-Star Kitchen with an emphasis on Counter Aesthetics.
"Could you possibly design me a kitchen specifically designed to aid experimentation with magical potions?"

"If by "harmful effects" you mean things such as Mystic Snow's tendency to make its users less productive and intelligent then I will support this proposal, but only for existing narcotics. If someone in the future decides to make narcotics that make people more violent or damage their system of morality then it would probably be for the best that they have some harmful effects for the user."

Cancel creation and distribution of Mystic Weed. If Mystic Snow is going to be non-harmful then why bother detracting from it?

EDIT: Oh yeah, Khaziraad. Give Khaziraad some Frost Weed.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:58:43 pm by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 475