Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615158 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [19+/999 players] IC: T109: GleeJoy!
« Reply #6960 on: February 11, 2015, 04:20:10 pm »

Can you not hear, Malakath? I oppose every proposal form this point on. This Council is being used to fulfill the petty needs of you and your ilk, and I refuse to take part in it further.
"You're refusing to take part in it further by...ensuring you take part in it further. That logic seems faulty."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: February 11, 2015, 04:26:24 pm »

Can you not hear, Malakath? I oppose every proposal form this point on. This Council is being used to fulfill the petty needs of you and your ilk, and I refuse to take part in it further.
"You're refusing to take part in it further by...ensuring you take part in it further. That logic seems faulty."

Perhaps I'm taking a step to stop it being abused? The Council is a nice idea, yet you and Darruth seem to think that Fusil's past actions need to be addressed after the sixth attempt and then 40 days later. The Code of Conduct is being selectively applied and is thus another mechanism through which a petty vendetta can be pursued.

Tell me, beyond the protection the Council gives us from each other, what does it actually accomplish that an individual god can't do alone or in a pantheon?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: February 11, 2015, 04:40:29 pm »

"Do you even understand what the word petty means?"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: February 11, 2015, 04:45:25 pm »

What makes you think I don't?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: February 11, 2015, 05:03:55 pm »

"Who me? I didn't say anything. I'm just here to watch Fusil kill you all. I'm just here to watch you cow in fear before the almighty protector of the bubble. I'm just here to watch your collective stupidity."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: February 11, 2015, 05:07:03 pm »

I hope he does. At least then I can go to my death knowing there's less stupid in the Bubble.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: February 11, 2015, 05:09:29 pm »

Tell me, beyond the protection the Council gives us from each other, what does it actually accomplish that an individual god can't do alone or in a pantheon?
"An action passed by the Council is more powerful than an action passed by any individual or group of gods, regardless of how many are in support of the proposal or how many gods are in the outside group. It's also cheaper to perform actions as a Council proposal, I believe."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: February 11, 2015, 05:14:51 pm »

"An action passed by the Council is more powerful than an action passed by any individual or group of gods, regardless of how many are in support of the proposal or how many gods are in the outside group. It's also cheaper to perform actions as a Council proposal, I believe."

Not necessarily true. You get more for your money but groups or individuals willing and capable of investing enough essence can pull off identical effects.

Think of it more like getting a group discount on top of an business discount.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: February 11, 2015, 05:18:45 pm »

"Shouldn't Azem be the one making Business Metaphors?"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: February 11, 2015, 05:23:53 pm »

Azem snorts.

"We seem to both agree that the Council is pathetic. The difference is, you see this as a good thing. I hope you enjoy your stay in the bubble of Fusil Arms-Bearer. The rest of us are just petty gods. How dare we exist? How dare we have power? How dare we learn? How dare we share the same space as our all powerful Lord?"

Azem vanishes in a flash of green.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6970 on: February 11, 2015, 05:35:44 pm »

I have grown weary of hearing all of this whining and complaining about the council. I wish that we choose once for all it's fate by proposing that we put an end to this council's existence. Let us finally see if it's opponents really have the guts to kill it, or if it's supporter are as apathetic as some of us seems to believe.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: February 11, 2015, 05:39:29 pm »

Not necessarily true. You get more for your money but groups or individuals willing and capable of investing enough essence can pull off identical effects.

Think of it more like getting a group discount on top of an business discount.

"We could run an experiment. On the one hand, we have three gods create a ball that moves around in a circle perpetually. On the other, we have a proposal pass with three gods supporting and no gods opposing to create the same thing. In both instances, one god will attempt to push the balls away without using Essence. If Council proposals are stronger, it'll be more difficult to destabilise the second ball's orbit. Of course, we can't perform this experiment because Fortuna is auto-opposing every proposal."

I wish that we choose once for all it's fate by proposing that we put an end to this council's existence.
Oppose.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: February 11, 2015, 05:39:30 pm »

I have grown weary of hearing all of this whining and complaining about the council. I wish that we choose once for all it's fate by proposing that we put an end to this council's existence. Let us finally see if it's opponents really have the guts to kill it, or if it's supporter are as apathetic as some of us seems to believe.

It needs to be fixed, not removed.

Though I have always been told, you can't fix stupid...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: February 11, 2015, 05:41:36 pm »

"Perhaps we should do some research on the concept of godly councils before we destroy ours? For all we know destroying the Council means destroying the gods."

Lord Malakath checks the Divine Library for books about god councils, specifically related to what happens if they're destroyed.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: February 11, 2015, 05:43:41 pm »

Amathet appears before the Council with his usual beaming smile.

"This is becoming a regular thing isn't it? For those who don't I am Amathet, angel of Wealth. And Art on the side. And quite frequently, the Mouth of Lord Azem Goldfather. I'm sure we'll get along famously."
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 475