Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615110 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [19+/999 players] IC: T109: GleeJoy!
« Reply #6945 on: February 10, 2015, 08:57:22 pm »

"1. He assassinated (permanently killed)Yaos, God of Humans and Ambition with a stab from Tykki's (his strongest angel) Perma-kill sword.

Was action taken at the time. If not, why wait until now to do so?
"Unfortunetly, Yaos' corpse came back as a void monster and we had to elimate the threat. Unfortunetly, the council was unable to get back on track to punish him."

Does rather confirm the Council as a bit pointless...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6946 on: February 10, 2015, 09:14:48 pm »

"If I remember correctly, Fusil didn't serve the entire length of his term for assaulting and nearly killing Cim and Yaos. Perhaps he should resume that sentence?"

"As for punishing him for crimes he committed so long ago, he might have a case of amnesty if he had reformed himself and behaved properly. Instead he decided to continue being as aggressive as he used to be and is thus not worthy of amnesty."

"1. He assassinated (permanently killed)Yaos, God of Humans and Ambition with a stab from Tykki's (his strongest angel) Perma-kill sword.
"If we were to believe that he were responsible for that death, then we would have to believe that he was responsible for every other one of Yaos' deaths as well - including the final one with the musket. Not only that, but we'd also have to try him for creating the Stone Men (which was well within his powers considering his Vindicos' existence) and thus being responsible for every megadeath they caused by razing cities." (See the spoiler here.)

I must also oppose Malakath's proposal to punish Fusil. I fail to see any reason to punish him for protecting his followers from preachers, as I have seen multiple other gods do the same without getting punished. It is common sense to expect your creation to worship you, and not some gods who had nothing to do in their birth.
"He not only prevented preachers from entering his cities - itself a crime against the spirit of the law - but he also forced people within them to give up worship of other gods and to instead worship him and him alone. You can expect your creations to worship you (as anticipation of their behaviour) but you cannot force them to worship you (as actively changing their behaviour). It is against the law. Moreover, simply treating your fully sapient creations purely as Essence-generators - not as people like you and I - is akin to owning them, thus treating them as slaves. Well-treated slaves, yes, but still owned slaves. I'm fairly certain Part IV of ACoC was added to prevent this from occurring."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 06:38:06 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6947 on: February 11, 2015, 02:07:42 pm »

"He not only prevented preachers from entering his cities - itself a crime against the spirit of the law - but he also forced people within them to give up worship of other gods and to instead worship him and him alone. You can expect your creations to worship you (as anticipation of their behaviour) but you cannot force them to worship you (as actively changing their behaviour). It is against the law. Moreover, simply treating your fully sapient creations purely as Essence-generators - not as people like you and I - is akin to owning them, thus treating them as slaves. Well-treated slaves, yes, but still owned slaves. I'm fairly certain Part IV of ACoC was added to prevent this from occurring."

I must admit that you bring a convincing case, and so I will stop opposing your proposal. The very concept of renouncing to your creator in favor of someone else makes absolutely no sense to me however, and so I believe that this law is pointless.
I will have to think more about this subject before I make my final decision.

Now, on other news,
I create a small ring of asteroids to orbit around D'hrool. Those asteroids contains a high density of minerals, including iron and gold. This ring will contain a small moon's worth of matter.

I also appear in a large unaligned keshan city as a levitating perfect black sphere about as big as a man. I speak to the population with an unusually joyful voice, saying:

"Hello mortals! I am the god known as Ghizher, having the aspects of the eldritch and secrets. I won't be offended if you don't know me yet, since I didn't make any efforts to be seen before. I wish to change that! I will do so by giving you all sorts of great things, such as useful knowledge, new plants with amazing qualities, and all sorts of cool objects! Those of you who choose to worship me will get even more! I sincerely hope we will all get along in the future!"

I leave one of my holy books behind as I dematerialize and return to D'hrool, where I teach the Gasbags about the gruen and their god's plan to bring them here. I tell them to be kind toward them and give them the ability to communicate by linking their brain to that of another specie by connecting them with a bolt of lightning too weak to harm anyone.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 02:10:18 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6948 on: February 11, 2015, 03:54:04 pm »

The very concept of renouncing to your creator in favor of someone else makes absolutely no sense to me however
"There are two reasons I can think of why someone's creator would stop worshipping their god primarily. (Primarily means they worship that god above all others. They might still worship their creator as their secondary god.) The first is if their god does needlessly cruel things to them and so they might turn to another god for protection. The second reason is that another god's spheres more align with an individual more than its creator. A Mountwyrm weaponsmith, for example, might choose Fusil as a primary due to its profession."

"One thing I find is of critical importance to know is that just because a creature has a non-creator deity as their primary god doesn't mean they'll stop worshipping their creator. In fact, Part IV may just be there so that beings are allowed to worship non-creator gods as secondary gods. For gods gods, the primary worship of their created race can be less than the combined secondary worship of the races they didn't create. This is likely to be true for you too, considering your efforts to convert those who aren't Gasbags." (The only unaligned race in the game are Humans. Many Humans still worship Yaos, dead god of Humans and Ambition, due to sheer reverence and the fact that he's come back from the dead so many times.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6949 on: February 11, 2015, 03:55:45 pm »

((Humans Worshiping Yaos is kinda depressing, Really.))

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6950 on: February 11, 2015, 03:59:34 pm »

Quote from: Kilojoule Proton
"TROLLOLFUSILCANTSEEYOUBUTICAN"
"This is a note that I got when I tried to move one of my missionaries into a Fusil-controlled city and my missionary was teleported outside into a barren field.

Obviously, this was done by Tykki under Fusil's command, which also breaks the council's rules.

I'd like to at long last propose convicting Fusil on his 6 murders of Yaos.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6951 on: February 11, 2015, 04:00:58 pm »

"This is a note that I got when I tried to move one of my missionaries into a Fusil-controlled city and my missionary was teleported outside into a barren field.

Obviously, this was done by Tykki under Fusil's command, which also breaks the council's rules.

Statue of limitations? Surely it's been millenia since that occurred?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6952 on: February 11, 2015, 04:03:09 pm »

"There is no statute of limitations on murder.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6953 on: February 11, 2015, 04:07:06 pm »

Even after millenia!?

I would also like to point out that technically you can't be tried for the same crime twice. I also have issue with it being termed "murder" since Yaos came back, at least 5 times.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6954 on: February 11, 2015, 04:09:13 pm »

"I think this is fairly solid evidence that he was responsible for the murders. I support convicting him for 6 counts of murdering a deity."

"There's no statute of limitations period, but there's also the fact that time works different for us. In a single day, centuries might pass or a few mere hours. What's certain is that Yaos was killed in the mere equivalent of about 40 days ago and is thus not covered under our non-existent statute of limitations."

I would also like to point out that technically you can't be tried for the same crime twice. I also have issue with it being termed "murder" since Yaos came back, at least 5 times.
"Technically we don't have that law either. The intention was murder and the result was murder. Just because Yaos came back from the dead doesn't mean he didn't die. The last 5 attempts were even intentional in their attempt to make sure Yaos permanently died."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6955 on: February 11, 2015, 04:10:58 pm »

I oppose every single proposal that is put in front of this Council, from this point on.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6956 on: February 11, 2015, 04:13:15 pm »

"I propose that Fortuna be removed from the Council. Even if we took away his ability to oppose, he'd simply support or propose things obviously meant to damage the Council further."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6957 on: February 11, 2015, 04:15:04 pm »

Suits me fine. Support this one and only proposal. ((bad idea :)))

Can you not hear, Malakath? I oppose every proposal form this point on. This Council is being used to fulfill the petty needs of you and your ilk, and I refuse to take part in it further.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 04:17:09 pm by hector13 »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6958 on: February 11, 2015, 04:15:45 pm »

Suits me fine. Support this one and only proposal.
(I think this auto-passes the proposal.)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6959 on: February 11, 2015, 04:17:37 pm »

Suits me fine. Support this one and only proposal.
(I think this auto-passes the proposal.)

((changed my mind, after pondering on the consequences))

Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 475