Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419436 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [16/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #1680 on: November 24, 2014, 10:49:15 pm »

How about Andres stop being overly defensive about it(although the whole 'much greater gravity than Earth Keshan and gaining strength from getting the shit beat out of them), and Stirk stop harassing him about it.

'Kay?

Because, Stirk, you're being mean. This is just a fact. We all know it. In exactly the same way as you 'knowing' that the things you claim are expies are expies.

He even says: nothing is original anymore. Everything has been invented prior. So no matter what you do, you're ripping someone off.

Sidenote: Andres, dislike of weapons is not standard warrior race...that's standard martial artist race...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1681 on: November 24, 2014, 10:50:28 pm »

So Yaos is possessed? Can we kill him again to fix it?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: November 24, 2014, 10:51:14 pm »

So how is the sphere swap sale going to work again?
Not even for Azem and Grauel?

Sorry glossed over this.

Azem/Vgray stated IC that he agreed that Wealth was more fitting than Greed for him. I took that to mean he was agreeable to the swap in which case I would take Desire as my secondary. Because I like acting like a business man and making deals with people 8).

Relevant Posts
"*Yawn* I sense people have been talking about me."
Yeah, you interested in swapping out your sphere of Greed for Wealth? Greed seems kind of less fitting when your actions are taken into consideration.

"Hm. I suppose it would be more fitting. I would still be one of the gods of Self Interest."
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: November 24, 2014, 10:56:35 pm »

Sidenote: Andres, dislike of weapons is not standard warrior race...that's standard martial artist race...
Oops! Bit of a brain fart there.

much greater gravity than Earth Keshan and gaining strength from getting the shit beat out of them
These are good points. I will rebuke them in a manner which I hope is polite. I'd asked previously about how much it would cost to create a planet with that gravity and I intend to stock it with Jasecs. The gravity is, indeed, supposed to make them better fighters but it would also prevent other races from simply landing there and planting their flag. Moreover, angels would be affected by the gravity of the planet so Fusil can't just send his angels and genocide them.
As for your second point, it is false. I can see why though, if you're actively comparing Jasecs and Saiyans together. Saiyans do indeed gain power from recovering from near death but Jasecs gain power simply by fighting strong opponents, regardless of the amount of damage they take. Like normal Humans, however, getting beat too bad in a fight could end up with a crippled Jasec.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:03:22 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: November 24, 2014, 10:57:35 pm »

He even says: nothing is original anymore. Everything has been invented prior. So no matter what you do, you're ripping someone off.
'

There is a difference between being "Unoriginal" and ripping something off. Making a generic space ship with no interesting features is being unoriginal. Making a giant space ship called the "Sith Star" that blows up planets with a giant laser that must be charged, is the size of a planetoids, and can only be destroyed by shooting down an exaust pipe is ripping something off. Is it really that hard to tell the difference? Everyone has made a bunch of interesting races of varying originality, it obviously isn't hard. The "Martial Arts" god tried making a race less related to it than that, and was knocked out by the expy rule.

Unless, for instance, you can tell me who Tykki is ripping off? You have never explained that yet. Or the Seppo? What anime did I blatantly steal the Seppo from?

Because, Stirk, you're being mean. This is just a fact. We all know it. In exactly the same way as you 'knowing' that the things you claim are expies are expies.

I'm being mean? You finally changed your vocabulary, quite an improvement. Gold star.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: November 24, 2014, 11:00:41 pm »

Don't respond Rolepgeek! Please! Just let it slide. Be the bigger man.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: November 24, 2014, 11:05:06 pm »

Don't respond Rolepgeek! Please! Just let it slide. Be the bigger man.

Bigger man? Andres, you are deliberately ignoring a rule that was made because you can't help but keep putting expies of random Anime into the work. This rule was almost made entirely because you kept doing stuff like this. So why do you continue?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: November 24, 2014, 11:12:10 pm »

These are good points. I will rebuke them in a manner which I hope is polite. I'd asked previously about how much it would cost to create a planet with that gravity and I intend to stock it with Jasecs. The gravity is, indeed, supposed to make them better fighters but it would also prevent other races from simply landing there and planting their flag. Moreover, angels would be affected by the gravity of the planet so Fusil can't just send his angels and genocide them.
As for your second point, it is false. I can see why though, if you're actively comparing Jasecs and Saiyans together. Saiyans do indeed gain power from recovering from near death but Jasecs gain power simply by fighting strong opponents, regardless of the amount of damage they take.

Heh heh heh. Is this a challenge to the Gruen's annoying ability to infest just about any environment in existence? Actually I'm still working out a way for Gruen to live in gas giants that doesn't sound ridiculous but that aside...
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: November 24, 2014, 11:15:02 pm »

Hey Vgray, on average how flamboyant are the Shiny Ones on a scale of 1 to 10? Being covered in gems has me imagining them being around 7.

1 being this guy's face.

10 being....this.

Heh heh heh. Is this a challenge to the Gruen's annoying ability to infest just about any environment in existence? Actually I'm still working out a way for Gruen to live in gas giants that doesn't sound ridiculous but that aside...
No, it's actually a reference to my owning 15 moons just because I said they were mine first. :P If you give me 2 Essence, I'm sure I can come up with an idea. Of course, you'll have to use the second gas giant. Konva Prime is claimed by me as well.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:16:48 pm by Andres »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: November 24, 2014, 11:19:04 pm »

much greater gravity than Earth Keshan and gaining strength from getting the shit beat out of them
As for your second point, it is false. I can see why though, if you're actively comparing Jasecs and Saiyans together. Saiyans do indeed gain power from recovering from near death but Jasecs gain power simply by fighting strong opponents, regardless of the amount of damage they take. Like normal Humans, however, getting beat too bad in a fight could end up with a crippled Jasec.
Why is it such a big deal to you to have a monoculture of only your race?

It smells fishy and like fantastic racism to me.

Plus, if Angels can fly magically...somehow I doubt gravity will affect them that much...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: November 24, 2014, 11:19:41 pm »

I find myself vaguely wondering how many similarities you could find between the Gruen and say, the Zerg, if you wanted to play that game.

My internet won't let me watch that video at the moment, but lets go with 7.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: November 24, 2014, 11:30:34 pm »

No, it's actually a reference to my owning 15 moons just because I said they were mine first. :P If you give me 2 Essence, I'm sure I can come up with an idea. Of course, you'll have to use the second gas giant. Konva Prime is claimed by me as well.

You keep asking for essence you probably can't even hold right now. It's funny :P.

Plus, if Angels can fly magically...somehow I doubt gravity will affect them that much...

It makes perfect sense! Yaos keeps tossing around the term racism but really it's all just to divert attention from the fact that he's the one who's racist!

By the way Andres, you prefer he, she or it for Yaos? I never know what to use.

I find myself vaguely wondering how many similarities you could find between the Gruen and say, the Zerg, if you wanted to play that game.

Oh I'm sure there's plenty of comparisons you can make. You've said Zerg and another person said Warhammer Orks. The inspiration for them was actually more old folklore based with vine creatures lurking in ancient forests and then I twisted that concept a bit with my own ideas on what would make for a highly survivable and physically capable species. Probably not too dissimilar from how those other species concepts were devised. Taking something and twisting it into a species that could conceivably be massively threatening and fit into a war game universe.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:34:08 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: November 24, 2014, 11:32:02 pm »

Now you did it, Andres. What am I supposed to do for the next few hours if I can't get RPG to argue with me  :-\.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: November 24, 2014, 11:32:49 pm »

Take tyranids istead of zerg and you will have one more simmilarity: hunger.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: November 24, 2014, 11:36:55 pm »

Who said anything about monoculture? These guys hate weapons. I'm just trying to make it so that Fusil doesn't immediately kill them off. Other races would freely be allowed assuming their creators agree to pay a bit of Essence to me for the privilege.

Magically? Who said anything about magically? My guys fly with wings (except my archangels, but I'll leave their method of flight vague). Besides, magic can only help so much. Assuming they do fly with magic: sure their magic is strong enough to lift them from a standard planet's gravity, but what if the gravity was increased ten-fold? Their mana-usage would skyrocket just from trying to keep up, assuming their maximum output even allows it. That's not even considering the effects on their physical bodies or projectile weaponry.

They're basically Orks from Warhammer 40,000 but covered in plants. They both spread by spores, even! It's irrelevant, however, because that was before the Ersatz rule.

It makes perfect sense! Yaos keeps tossing around the term racism but really it's all just to divert attention from the fact that he's the one who's racist!

By the way Andres, you prefer he, she or it for Yaos? I never know what to use.
Actually, Yaos doesn't believe that Humans are any better or more special or anything than any other race. He just wants them to be better in the same way a father wants their child to succeed.

Depends on what form he's in. At the moment, since he's in his old man form, just call him a he. You can call him whatever you want really but that's just a recommendation.

Now you did it, Andres. What am I supposed to do for the next few hours if I can't get RPG to argue with me  :-\.
get rekt m8
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 350