Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419425 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #2595 on: December 13, 2014, 04:46:08 pm »

Well Every god-game needs at least some kobolds,and the Boosted Faith towards KI'Tork,along with the language barrier should balance it,But Your welcome to try,Mostly cause I can't do anything about it. ;)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: December 13, 2014, 04:48:13 pm »

(The Speech essence was to bypass your guard against it.Also I didn't expect to actually get any converts from Grauel,Azem,Quebare and Yaos's followers,I just wanted to set the other mortals against my opposing spheres,Seriously though that was kind of cheap,Again Sorry.)

OOC, I hold nothing against you for the "cheap" move. Stuff like that happens in God games all the time. IC, it was almost certainly a bad move though. Gods have been killed for far less and your character is new and thus at a significant disadvantage if he incurs someone's wrath. It's just my helpful OOC advice. Power differences and power plays definitely exist here and there is little protection for weaker characters against more powerful players except alliances and being cautious. If you want to oppose someone stronger, you need to be clever, have allies or become more powerful first. Truthfully it's almost a shame your against Grauel because out of all the gods he seems one of the mostly likely to help others become more powerful. He's to date made a lot of pacts privately and also rarely gives power when he likes someone. Also that's rare and it backfired once so it's harder to have that happen.

Tangentially related. Opinions on the essence capacity transfers / absorption?

Seems like there aren't many ways for low capacity gods to catch up. Only current idea I have is massive essence absorption by eating a bunch of things but that would result in a lot of justified anger from other gods. Also it's effectiveness might be lesser for all you non hunger gods. Yaos's attempt at eatings demons like me seemed to indicate more problems at any rate. We also aren't entirely sure of how essence capacity increase through essence gain works yet.

I recall asking by PM a long time ago and being told it occurs fractionally with a 1/100 chance of a full 1 capacity gain. I think that's per 1 essence over cap absorbed but it wasn't clear to me from what I was told.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: December 13, 2014, 04:52:50 pm »

I completely satisfied with my low power level, and with luck and enough chefs and kobolds worshiping me that might change.Anyways opposing spheres were recommended so I picked one that conflicted with 3 others, Of course we could always just have a cease fire,But the kobolds are fair game to anyone who wants to try to convert them.(Stares at Azem,Reaches for combat spatula)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 04:55:40 pm by LuckyKobold »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: December 13, 2014, 05:10:11 pm »

I recall asking by PM a long time ago and being told it occurs fractionally with a 1/100 chance of a full 1 capacity gain. I think that's per 1 essence over cap absorbed but it wasn't clear to me from what I was told.
I'm just going to say that that is way way too low. At that rate there's no way that I'll ever be a major power again in Ye Gods and for the last time I am NOT rerolling. Maybe have it at a semi-fixed rate? If your cap is at 2 Essence, you need 2 Essence passed the cap to get it up to 3. Then you need 3 Essence to raise the cap, then 4, etc.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: December 13, 2014, 05:15:10 pm »

I'm just going to say that that is way way too low. At that rate there's no way that I'll ever be a major power again in Ye Gods and for the last time I am NOT rerolling. Maybe have it at a semi-fixed rate? If your cap is at 2 Essence, you need 2 Essence passed the cap to get it up to 3. Then you need 3 Essence to raise the cap, then 4, etc.

Wouldn't that make it worse? I am steadily gaining capacity at the moment, it isn't too bad right now. You just have to either quit dying or reroll already!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: December 13, 2014, 05:21:53 pm »

How would it make it worse? At this rate you'd have to play a hundred Ticks at 1E per Tick before you gain capacity.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: December 13, 2014, 05:24:23 pm »

How would it make it worse? At this rate you'd have to play a hundred Ticks at 1E per Tick before you gain capacity.

The only people who are at 1E capacity are people who litterally never played, and even they have gained EC. If you look at how much I am gaining, you could pretty much see that it is one a turn. At what your suggesting, I would gain E at 1/3 the rate I am now.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: December 13, 2014, 05:52:34 pm »

I completely satisfied with my low power level, and with luck and enough chefs and kobolds worshiping me that might change.Anyways opposing spheres were recommended so I picked one that conflicted with 3 others, Of course we could always just have a cease fire,But the kobolds are fair game to anyone who wants to try to convert them.(Stares at Azem,Reaches for combat spatula)

Haha that's the spirit! I like your attitude.

OOC, I still hope you don't challenge Grauel too much until you can defend yourself. I want the conflict to be fun and engaging for everyone. I was only worried it would turn into a curb stomp battle if you challenge him too early.

I keep OOC and IC mostly separate so Grauel won't hold back too much if you challenge him. ;)

Spoiler: Really Long Reply (click to show/hide)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: December 13, 2014, 06:00:09 pm »

$$$ Price check!

I am still tossing around some ideas for a new race. Someone has to create something, after all.
The Bambola:

How much to make a race of spirit-ish creatures that can create a body for themselves out of metal that is indistinguishable from whatever race they turn it into? If they "die" in the body, they simply leave and can make a new one under normal circumstances.

How much for a race that has their soul stored in a special gland/amulet/ other object? Their body can be repaired, unless that object is broken, in which case they die. How much to add combat enchantment?

How much for a single entity that controls multiple "dolls" like those made in the first one, inhabiting them all at the same time?

One more I forgot about:

A symbiotic race that can act as body parts for other races? Ex if an Armu gets three of his arms chopped off in a fight, this race can become his three arms for him.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: December 13, 2014, 06:04:35 pm »

Good to know, Seriously though at some point it will probably end up in a fight.Who would win 10 kobolds vs. 1 Gruen?
Also how long are ticks concerning both OOC and ingame?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: December 13, 2014, 06:09:54 pm »

Good to know, Seriously though at some point it will probably end up in a fight.Who would win 10 kobolds vs. 1 Gruen?

Seeing as the Kabolds literally go into battle wielding pots and a prayer, the Gruen would probably just assume that its meals are cooking themselves.

1 tick=1 day RL
Variable for in game, anywhere between 200 years and a few months. Don't think about it too hard.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: December 13, 2014, 06:11:07 pm »

OOC thread has no ticks. In IC thread, ticks speed up when major quick events, like Godly warfare, are focused on and slow down when slower moving events, like building up the world, are focused on.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: December 13, 2014, 06:15:41 pm »

I was about to say it's the other way around, but that's not what you meant.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: December 13, 2014, 06:16:32 pm »

Your forgetting about kitchen knives.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: December 13, 2014, 06:17:26 pm »

Your forgetting about kitchen knives.

No I am not. Kitchen knives make horrible weapons.

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 350