Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419441 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #2685 on: December 14, 2014, 06:34:12 pm »

Sapience in this game is (mechanically speaking) the trait that allows a creation to worship and recognize divine authority. Mixing it with mind control does not tend to work very well. Sentience is (mechanically speaking) the trait that allows a creation to feel anything at all (e.g. fear, pain, pleasure, hunger) and react accordingly without necessarily being able to reason about choice of god. Sentience is significantly cheaper than sapience. Sapience includes sentience by necessity.

I don't need to prove anything, my gun outsmarted you already.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: December 14, 2014, 06:37:38 pm »

Anyway, with that out of the way, why is Andres asking what the difference between a sentient and non-sentient is?

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2687 on: December 14, 2014, 06:37:55 pm »

Stirk confirmed as heavy! :P

Also, Serac is smarter than your guns...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: December 14, 2014, 07:01:45 pm »

Anyway, with that out of the way, why is Andres asking what the difference between a sentient and non-sentient is?
Because I've been thinking about this for about a month and I only just remembered to ask about it.

Speaking of which, do sentients have souls? I reckon a lot of Humans would be upset if their dog whom they've had as companions for their entire lives weren't able to go with them to their afterlife.

Has anyone watched the How to Train Your Dragon movie? Would Toothless be classified as sentient or sapient? If he were sentient, would he get to go to the afterlife with Hiccup or would he simply be consigned to oblivion?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: December 14, 2014, 07:14:52 pm »

Stirk confirmed as heavy! :P

Also, Serac is smarter than your guns...

Yes, but red or blue?

And no he isn't! Proof:
You bring a gun to a chess game, and even the best players run in fear
Consult your gun during an IQ test for INSTANT 200!
Guns can cure cancer, malaria, Ebola, and any other disease 100% of the time in a fraction of a second.

Serac can do none of that!
Because I've been thinking about this for about a month and I only just remembered to ask about it.

Speaking of which, do sentients have souls? I reckon a lot of Humans would be upset if their dog whom they've had as companions for their entire lives weren't able to go with them to their afterlife.

Has anyone watched the How to Train Your Dragon movie? Would Toothless be classified as sentient or sapient? If he were sentient, would he get to go to the afterlife with Hiccup or would he simply be consigned to oblivion?

Probably, I have been going on the assumption that every living thing has a soul. And you could help out with that by not having an afterlife.....

He would be a sapient, probably, since you wouldn't get worship from him. They would both respawn in the next world, under our perfect reincarnation system.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2690 on: December 14, 2014, 07:16:58 pm »

The real answer is that all the animals (even the nematodes!) get shuttled off into the godly Council and absorbed by all the gods, thus explaining why the gods can never agree on anything. (And yes, I do end up watching a lot of DWA movies on account of having a parent in the company. Unfortunately, I don't care terribly much about movies in general.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: December 14, 2014, 07:17:29 pm »

You'd have to be able to ask Toothless if he believes in any gods.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: December 14, 2014, 07:23:10 pm »

He would be a sapient, probably, since you wouldn't get worship from him. They would both respawn in the next world, under our perfect reincarnation system.
Umm, you can get worship from sapients. But the reincarnation system is far from perfect. If someone chose to blow even one of the worlds then the system would be f**ked. Even if they just reincarnated into their own world, then that planet could itself be blown up and then the souls wouldn't be able to reincarnate anywhere.

The real answer is that all the animals (even the nematodes!) get shuttled off into the godly Council and absorbed by all the gods, thus explaining why the gods can never agree on anything.
......Is that where our passive Essence income comes from? The negligible one we don't get from Influence or Worship?

You'd have to be able to ask Toothless if he believes in any gods.
The real question is if Toothless is capable of believing in any gods.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: December 14, 2014, 07:27:23 pm »

Pretty sure anything intelligent enough to understand the question has the capability to do so.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: December 14, 2014, 07:28:03 pm »

Umm, you can get worship from sapients. But the reincarnation system is far from perfect. If someone chose to blow even one of the worlds then the system would be f**ked. Even if they just reincarnated into their own world, then that planet could itself be blown up and then the souls wouldn't be able to reincarnate anywhere.

Tomato tomato. Why would anyone blow up the world? I am sure we would be able to handle the souls if that happened. The real question is, what happens when someone blows up your lame looser afterlife?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: December 14, 2014, 07:31:36 pm »

Because their gun told them to.

Also, KJP, Stirk's being rude. Again.

The real question is, what happens when someone blows up your lame looser afterlife?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: December 14, 2014, 07:35:08 pm »

Won't be able to get on much in the next few days. I won't be inactive, I'll just be less active. Just thought I'd let you know.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: December 14, 2014, 07:36:50 pm »

Is this really the most eventful thing going on today? Wondering if dogs go to heaven?

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2698 on: December 14, 2014, 10:03:45 pm »

And no he isn't! Proof:
You bring a gun to a chess game, and even the best players run in fear
Consult your gun during an IQ test for INSTANT 200!
Guns can cure cancer, malaria, Ebola, and any other disease 100% of the time in a fraction of a second.

Serac can do none of that!
Serac shows up to a chess match, and would actually win. As opposed to everyone else forfeiting. (Probably true, considering the intelligence of mortals, and my chess skills.)
Serac would also beat a mortal with a gun in a chess match, especially if the mortal with a gun didn't know how to play chess... *cough* Heavy *cough*

Serac shows up to an IQ test, instantly wins because Serac helped create the world. Also, who would say their god had a low IQ?

Serac can cure disease and have the patient survive, which is better. They would even stop being contagious!

How much would you pay to try shooting Serac in the face?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: December 14, 2014, 10:31:47 pm »

Serac shows up to a chess match, and would actually win. As opposed to everyone else forfeiting. (Probably true, considering the intelligence of mortals, and my chess skills.)

I am pretty sure a Rock would win a chess competition on the planet, considering the intelligence of mortals...

Serac shows up to an IQ test, instantly wins because Serac helped create the world. Also, who would say their god had a low IQ?

I don't think that is how IQs work. The God of Goodness's and Yaos's followers, of course!

Serac can cure disease and have the patient survive, which is better. They would even stop being contagious!

Yes, but he would have to spend essence, and would take centuries. All the gun has to spend is a bullet and a few fractions of a second!

How much would you pay to try shooting Serac in the face?

....That sounds weird when you put it like that. In real life or in game? I would pay to shoot at a God just to say I did, especially if that God doesn't hold a grudge. Fusil would do it without spending anything next time you make him angry.

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 350