Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419395 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #3030 on: December 30, 2014, 08:41:58 am »

That proposal for auto abstains would immedietly prove valuable then.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: December 30, 2014, 12:36:37 pm »

It'll be hilarious if the joke shut Fusil up proposal actually passes.
I know right. I didn't actually mean it as a proposal, but I would love to see it pass.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: December 30, 2014, 02:09:16 pm »

$$$
Creating a new type of energy, one specialized in keeping things safe and unchanging.

I think the whole point of energy is that energy is in itself a force of change. Lack of energy is what enables stagnation/persistence/stability.

So it would be rather redundant/counter-productive. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: December 30, 2014, 04:59:37 pm »

Reviving Bill the Farmer is a pretty Trivial action for a god.
Nope. Still gotta pay Essence for that.

It'll be hilarious if the joke shut Fusil up proposal actually passes.
I know right. I didn't actually mean it as a proposal, but I would love to see it pass.
All according to keikaku*.

$$$
Creating a new type of energy, one specialized in keeping things safe and unchanging.

I think the whole point of energy is that energy is in itself a force of change. Lack of energy is what enables stagnation/persistence/stability.

So it would be rather redundant/counter-productive. :P
In this case, this energy would prevent things from "reviving" but it would also stop them from decaying. What we need is a type of energy that un-decays rather than simply pausing decay.

Why aren't the prices to pass the proposals listed in the Proposals tab? I understand the stuff related to the Void but what about disease?

*keikaku means plan
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 05:03:45 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: December 30, 2014, 05:10:33 pm »

Essence is the stuff that undecays. Improvement and growth is the opposite of decay.

$$$
Price Check on simultaneously propagating the Seraphim, Cherubim, and Ophanim to 1 Million each?
Price check on propagating just the Seraphim to 3 Million?
Price check on attuning Seraphim to Ritual Magic(not the sacrifice kind, the 20-mages-in-a-circle-with-runes-and-shit or the working-together-for-like-a-month kind)?
Price check on protective Obelisks built around/in the cities of Good, working with the Seraphim/Cherubim to protect the cities from basically everything(disaster, plague, teleporting angels, non-teleporting angels, Megabeasts, nuclear weaponry)? Kinda like a forcefield, when directly protecting from massive impacts or the like
Price check on that plus fortification architecture/building the obelisks as part of the walls that grow with the city with the help of Khaziraad and/or Joha?
Price check on making the cities 'living' so that they naturally grow and expand to accomodate the inhabitants, and price checks on that with the help of the mortal mages(as previously described and shit), Khaziraad, and/or Joha.

And when I say working together with the mortal mages, I mean that I'll provide the power directly to the project; they give what they can without burning out, no more. I don't want them to burn out; they're there for the precision work and cooperation benefits.

Goodness does love it some Cooperation, after all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: December 30, 2014, 05:19:19 pm »

Ritual Magic(not the sacrifice kind, the 20-mages-in-a-circle-with-runes-and-shit or the working-together-for-like-a-month kind)
That's one of the kinds of Ritual magic. You've also got your scientific magic that's seen in magitek. Not to be confused with Alchemy which is magic-LIKE science.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: December 31, 2014, 12:15:34 am »

How can you be so sure? What if it's science-like magic instead?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: December 31, 2014, 12:17:11 am »

How can you be so sure? What if it's science-like magic instead?

In all honestly, either Andres knows a lot more about magic than the rest of us, or he thinks he does and is getting a lot of things wrong. I honestly can't tell which at this point -_-.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: December 31, 2014, 12:57:45 am »

Andres is making baseless assumptions going off of other media outlets that have no real bearing here individually, and aren't cohesive enough to use as a whole.

For example, in my mind, Magitek refers to a world in which magic basically takes the role of technology, in similar capacities, and/or the scientific use or containment of magic; technology used to enhance magic, in other words.

Technomagic, meanwhile, is magic relating specifically to technology; magic used to enhance technology.

Alchemy, meanwhile, is most certainly not a science in any sense of the word if you are speaking Full Metal Alchemist style, is more properly called Chemistry if you're talking about conventional Alchemy, and is somewhere in the middle, being neither Magitek nor Technomagic yet having elements of both(I think of it as the Chemistry of magical substances) if you speak of the more or less typical Alchemy thought of for most generic fantasy settings.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: December 31, 2014, 01:18:43 am »

I'm talking about FMA alchemy. Also, I invented alchemy in Ye Gods which means whatever I say regarding it is canon, so long as it doesn't conflict with anything I said before.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: December 31, 2014, 01:20:52 am »

Andres is making baseless assumptions going off of other media outlets that have no real bearing here individually, and aren't cohesive enough to use as a whole.

For example, in my mind, Magitek refers to a world in which magic basically takes the role of technology, in similar capacities, and/or the scientific use or containment of magic; technology used to enhance magic, in other words.

Technomagic, meanwhile, is magic relating specifically to technology; magic used to enhance technology.

Alchemy, meanwhile, is most certainly not a science in any sense of the word if you are speaking Full Metal Alchemist style, is more properly called Chemistry if you're talking about conventional Alchemy, and is somewhere in the middle, being neither Magitek nor Technomagic yet having elements of both(I think of it as the Chemistry of magical substances) if you speak of the more or less typical Alchemy thought of for most generic fantasy settings.

Some of his assumptions have bases (like the soul exploding thing), and he is the one who did the most personally with magic. I think he does have a better understanding of it than we do. I still think he is wrong about a lot, though .

I have literally never heard those terms used that way. If anything, Andres's meanings are closer to what I have heard. Magitek has always referred to magic and technology working together for me, and I never heard it used otherwise. In fact, that is what the TV tropes article says (Link). I guess you just like making up arbitrary terms.

I don't know how magic works in universe, and Fusil has a limited understanding. Andres (That is, both Yaos and the Blood God. It is kind of his ply style) seems to work a lot with it off-screen. As far as I know, he DID invent a branch of magic called Alchemy that works as he describes.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: December 31, 2014, 01:25:01 am »

Right. Ritual magic. When I said "Ritual magic is magitek" (paraphrasing), I meant that Ritual magic could be used as a kind of magical technology. This is due to the fact that as Ritual magic is all about prepared magic, it should thus be able to hold energy. This energy-holding allows for many applications including the generation of light for streetlamps, fuel for vehicles, and even as propellant for ammunition. Of course, such applications have more in common with traditional science than traditional magic and so I thought "magitek" was the correct term to describe it.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: December 31, 2014, 01:33:51 am »

Right. Ritual magic. When I said "Ritual magic is magitek" (paraphrasing), I meant that Ritual magic could be used as a kind of magical technology. This is due to the fact that as Ritual magic is all about prepared magic, it should thus be able to hold energy. This energy-holding allows for many applications including the generation of light for streetlamps, fuel for vehicles, and even as propellant for ammunition. Of course, such applications have more in common with traditional science than traditional magic and so I thought "magitek" was the correct term to describe it.

Can it? I thought it was "prepared magic" in the since that you had to prepare to do it, not that it could be stored. As a comparison, your idea of "prepared magic" is an MRE, while mine is a fresh Turkey dinner that can't leave the house. If you are making a turkey dinner, you have to get a lot of resources ready, the turkey and all its seasonings. You then have to prepare the turkey properly and cook it correctly. When you are done, you have the turkey and rest of the food which you can now happily devour. Your idea is that this can all be done in a factory and stored for later use, which I don't think can happen.

If it makes things more confusing, the current definition of ritual magic is:
Ritual: +2 step (performing rituals to get more powerful things to notice and help)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: December 31, 2014, 01:50:56 am »

Can it? I thought it was "prepared magic" in the since that you had to prepare to do it, not that it could be stored. As a comparison, your idea of "prepared magic" is an MRE, while mine is a fresh Turkey dinner that can't leave the house. If you are making a turkey dinner, you have to get a lot of resources ready, the turkey and all its seasonings. You then have to prepare the turkey properly and cook it correctly. When you are done, you have the turkey and rest of the food which you can now happily devour. Your idea is that this can all be done in a factory and stored for later use, which I don't think can happen.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We've already established that all attunements of magic have their own branches. Elemental has water, fire, earth, air, metal, and blood (at least), Soul magic has blood(again), self, and necromancy, Dimensional has time and space...... I could go on and on.

If it makes things more confusing, the current definition of ritual magic is:
Ritual: +2 step (performing rituals to get more powerful things to notice and help)
Hmm...... That's kind of boring, though. No branches, even when considering the extra info below the attunement cost-increases. Screw it. Ritual magic has been further expanded through definition. It is canon. Please señor KJP don't fiat.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: December 31, 2014, 01:53:09 am »

Hmm...... That's kind of boring, though. No branches, even when considering the extra info below the attunement cost-increases. Screw it. Ritual magic has been further expanded through definition. It is canon. Please señor KJP don't fiat.

So...You where just making it up? Does elemental magic even work as you say it does? Because I have never seen an example of it in game...

Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 350