Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419372 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #4155 on: February 01, 2015, 11:51:31 pm »

I said if the current one dies
I don't want a second sphere
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: February 02, 2015, 12:26:29 am »

Sorry KJP!

I started the IC mess...

Just had to go and be the hero, didn't I?

If I end up being a martyr, do I get to make something special happen, as the God of Goodness(which I think I've established includes sacrifice/martyrdom)?

Though I suppose that could be shoehorned in for any sphere. Especially Death.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: February 02, 2015, 12:28:12 am »

Sorry KJP!

I started the IC mess...

Just had to go and be the hero, didn't I?

If I end up being a martyr, do I get to make something special happen, as the God of Goodness(which I think I've established includes sacrifice/martyrdom)?

Though I suppose that could be shoehorned in for any sphere. Especially Death.

Hero? You censored (and angered) a powerful God for no real reason. Oh, hail the conquering hero.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: February 02, 2015, 12:32:47 am »

I strove out to defend the land from the machinations and threats of a great and terrible God of Arms, whose strength derives from violence and conflict, in order to keep the sanity and good sense of those remaining Council Members intact, all while terribly weak from a strenuous ordeal.

Ain't about the conquering, it's about the underdog/self-sacrifice. And if Darruth isn't the first on Fusil's chopping block, I'm not sure how angry he really is about any of this.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: February 02, 2015, 12:42:26 am »

I strove out to defend the land from the machinations and threats of a great and terrible God of Arms, whose strength derives from violence and conflict, in order to keep the sanity and good sense of those remaining Council Members intact, all while terribly weak from a strenuous ordeal.

Ain't about the conquering, it's about the underdog/self-sacrifice. And if Darruth isn't the first on Fusil's chopping block, I'm not sure how angry he really is about any of this.

"Defend the land"? Fusil wasn't doing anything. Nothing threatening, at least. Poking a sleeping bear isn't heroic, especially not if you are weak and unarmed yourself. It is foolish, and dangerous to the people who happen to be in the cave at the same time as you. The cost to benefit factor is completely off. The cost ranges from "Nothing" to "The lives of several Gods", while the only benefit is "Fusil finds something else to rant about/has someone rant for him.", under any circumstance.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: February 02, 2015, 01:00:53 am »

Nope!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: February 02, 2015, 01:03:17 am »

Nope!

*Sigh^3* That word had more letters then you have IQ points.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4162 on: February 02, 2015, 01:04:15 am »

Changing YG's scale: It looks like we'll probably keep the current scheme, then.
Merfolk Emperor's conquests: An area spanning at most a few hundred miles/kilometers inland along a coast as wide as the length of the Mediterranean (~Straits - Syrian-Lebanese-Mediterranean intersection). It's not world conquest for sure. You probably needn't be worried, but it depends on how well you take to hearing about your creations getting annexed, besieged, or otherwise aggressed.
Void: I get the impression that I made them too relatable and anthropomorphic. It may be time for a little revision... >:]
High Elves: They are still hidden indeed.
Ǹurnea: It's held out and recovering following the unexpected pause in conquest.
Island Turtles: Probably none have been taken because they're neither dense nor strictly land-dwellers. It's a bit like thinking space is small except with a lower order of magnitude of error.
Mid-terms: I'll be and have been sure not to mix them up! :P
Bible Black: Judging from its depiction in LCS, I speculate that it is some sort of religion-related film of possibly great hilarity. Is this about right?
Stirk: Warning for continued misspelling of Darruth. Run s/[dD].rr.th/Darruth/g if there is still difficulty.
Good, evil, law, chaos: It's not really built into the game, so applying the two-axis D&D alignment system will result in the same problems resulting from applying it to any work with non-explicitly defined alignments (and off the top of my head, even then...).
Name: Schrodinger
Sphere: Curiosity
Primary form/associated symbol: Primary form, a thin shadow with large, rather cat-like eyes. His symbol is a simple box, what's in it?
Description/Background: Schrodinger's past is like his being today. He is the patron of the curious and adventurous, always in the shadows, or peeking behind the wall, tempting others to see what's there.
Added.
Rule about fanart and off-topic discussions: It wasn't a rule but a possibility for one, but observance is appreciated.
Akinator: I beat it with Mr. Wensleydale, Stef Murky, Dr. Schlock, and the Wife of Bath, and lost with Sergeant Schlock. I find it hilarious that saying the character comes from the internet (probably) invariably leads to a question about it being from Homestuck. :P
Cognition, replicating intelligences: This should make good reading material. Fortunately or unfortunately, I've experienced its effects in a somewhat literal way.
Something interesting on death/martyrdom: I don't know. What do you have in mind? I see that the worst thing that can happen to Fusil right now is for him to show that his words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!.

I see quite a few potentially sig-worthy quotes have come up in the last week.
Spoiler: SWQ0 (click to show/hide)
Which is a better puppeteer? The one whose strings are never seen on the dolls, yet they move and dance and speak; or the one who screams at the dolls until they move, all on stage, yet they never do?

Who would you rather pay to see, the man putting on a children's puppet show, or the hilariously crazy guy screaming at puppets?
[/quote]
$$$Response
Flagellants outside the Bubble: Same as inside but with much less survival (3E base, I think)
Frost-immune, heat-intolerant Kobolds: 2E base
Making everyone on Slytha a shadow of themselves: 20E+, likely to be opposed by the others
Watchmen: 3E base

###Response
Still not at the point where it's easy. I should have probably taken a few weeks to learn some SQL variant before starting YG. :(

Update status:
PMs: [OOOOOOo]
OOC: [ooooooooo-]
IC: [----------]

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: February 02, 2015, 01:08:43 am »

Bible Black: Judging from its depiction in LCS, I speculate that it is some sort of religion-related film of possibly great hilarity. Is this about right?

Ye Gods no. It is hentia.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: February 02, 2015, 01:13:27 am »

Hentia? Is that anything like hentai? If so then I'll have none of it.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: February 02, 2015, 01:16:28 am »

Of that particular one, that is a very good idea.

Though it does have religious leanings... kind of.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: February 02, 2015, 01:22:35 am »

You know, if I knew how to spell that word intimately enough to notice when someone else misspelled it, I would probably keep that to myself.

Welp, this conversation is dead. I killed it. With a gun. It is impossible to revive.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: February 02, 2015, 01:24:05 am »

You know, if I knew how to spell that word intimately enough to notice when someone else misspelled it, I would probably keep that to myself.

Welp, this conversation is dead. I killed it. With a gun. It is impossible to revive.

Hey man, I could go into detailed reviews of all the episodes if I want!

But I won't, because they are hugely disturbing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: February 02, 2015, 01:27:54 am »

Hey man, I could go into detailed reviews of all the episodes if I want!

But I won't, because they are hugely disturbing.

This conversation is dead, remember!? DEAD! You never said that because the conversation is dead.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: February 02, 2015, 01:30:50 am »

We could, you know, do a magical ritual to resurrect it, no?

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 350