Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419407 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [21/∞] Talk here
« Reply #5025 on: August 15, 2015, 10:14:20 pm »

If you're trying to make a planet as a god of War, by yourself, you're doing something wrong. Or possibly right. Not sure.

Knowing KJP, it's probably not going to be flat restrictions, it's gonna be 'justify to me how this fits your sphere to see how much it costs'.
I edited my last post. Basically, I want my sphere of War to help me when I'm doing war-related stuff. I don't want it giving me a penalty when doing something neutral like creating a planet or writing a book about pears. What I want is it giving me a penalty if I tried to instil a ruler with the desire to make peace with a foreign country.

Science isn't gonna be as important as it was irl, for the simple reason of magic existing. Penicillin isn't as necessary when you have Remove Disease Important, still, sure. But not as much. Magitech will probably happen on it's own once somebody does something capable of enchanting stuff.
Yeah, that's basically what I want. If there's no magic, I want it to go like it did IRL. If magic were available from the start or were injected into it suddenly, I'd want its effects to be the same in the game as they would be IRL.

As for originality, I think he expects you to be more creative than 'I make humans,' considering this is a game about creating things.
The thing is that I actually want that. I don't really get a kick out of making humans (ok I do but anyway), but I do like making things that influence them. I might only create humans so I can fund the creation of angels or so I can invade them with giant monsters. Giant monsters aren't fun when they don't have anyone to terrorise.

Thanks KJP, I'll get my survey answers up in a moment.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: August 15, 2015, 10:16:27 pm »

Rolepgeek, in general, there's gonna be a ton of things like creating races that gods will have to do, and, y'know, it shouldn't be impossible for anyone without a sphere of life to make some.
Well duh. Though theoretically there could just be one race that everyone shares and tries to get followers from.

But again. Justify how they have a relation to your sphere. God of Air, you make avian race, pretty logical connection. God of Steel, you make an avian race, kinda odd.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: August 15, 2015, 10:18:04 pm »

Wait, so...4-6 players...Free stuff...Project I Can't Think Of A Good Name could have gone up for FREE?  YISS THIS GAME WILL BE AWESOME.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: August 15, 2015, 10:18:51 pm »

Well, it really depends on the game. If it is the kind of game where everything is intergalactic and each God has a dozen planets under their belt, why wouldn't a God of War be able to make a planet himself? Fusil ~almost~ had one...

12: Originality so far has, if I recall correctly, been treated as mostly a "no legitimately licensed works, no overt flamebait" restriction. I myself may not get any lawyergrams, but it tends to be a bad idea to provoke the known litigious copyright/trademark holders. I know there are other games here incorporating licensed works' characters/mechanics, so at least part of this may just be rationalized personal fear. This is why this issue is on the survey.

You really don't have to worry about actual Lawyer's showing up. Parody is protected speech in most Western Countries, and any Lawyer who manages to track you down has probably broken several laws to do so.

The thing is that I actually want that. I don't really get a kick out of making humans (ok I do but anyway), but I do like making things that influence them. I might only create humans so I can fund the creation of angels or so I can invade them with giant monsters. Giant monsters aren't fun when they don't have anyone to terrorise.

Can't you think of literally anything that isn't humans? For example, have "Humans" that walk on their hands and move things with their feet, and have their head moved to be at the same level. Now you have Namuhs, upside down humans that are more or less original. Really, it just takes a little effort, especially if you aren't looking to make anything special.

Rolepgeek, in general, there's gonna be a ton of things like creating races that gods will have to do, and, y'know, it shouldn't be impossible for anyone without a sphere of life to make some.
Well duh. Though theoretically there could just be one race that everyone shares and tries to get followers from.

But again. Justify how they have a relation to your sphere. God of Air, you make avian race, pretty logical connection. God of Steel, you make an avian race, kinda odd.

They are called Airplanes. I don't like having limits like that, especially when I am planning a fairly odd Sphere.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: August 15, 2015, 10:23:27 pm »

I am probably going to import my sphere from Litany, myself, but come up with a name that isn't a thinly veiled pun.  I like science and magitech.  ;P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: August 15, 2015, 10:25:28 pm »

Spoiler: Survey (click to show/hide)
Also, you have two Question 13's.

Can't you think of literally anything that isn't humans? For example, have "Humans" that walk on their hands and move things with their feet, and have their head moved to be at the same level. Now you have Namuhs, upside down humans that are more or less original. Really, it just takes a little effort, especially if you aren't looking to make anything special.
I don't want to put in any extra effort. I just need a basic race to worship me and humans will function perfectly in that role.

I am probably going to import my sphere from Litany, myself, but come up with a name that isn't a thinly veiled pun.  I like science and magitech.  ;P
What!? You can't just export your god from one game and into another! Only losers do that and losers are uncool!

Man, I am so glad I didn't start revealing stuff when Ye Gods ended. Would've limited my options in the upcoming game and in Litany.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 05:40:30 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: August 15, 2015, 10:30:49 pm »

Spoiler: For Later... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 06:57:10 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: August 15, 2015, 10:33:10 pm »

Also, you have two Question 13's.

I don't want to put in any extra effort. I just need a basic race to worship me and humans will function perfectly in that role.

What!? You can't just export your god from one game and into another! Only losers do that and losers are uncool!

Man, I am so glad I didn't start revealing stuff when Ye Gods ended. Would've limited my options in the upcoming game and in Litany.

....I totally agree with the Import thing Andres  ::).

"Not wanting to put any effort into making races" is just kind of...boring? Unsportsmanlike? I can't think of a word that describes it. I don't like it. "I am not putting effort into this community game" is just not a good thing to say. It isn't extra effort. It is literally any effort. The whole point of a God Game is world creation, and not putting in at least an attempt at originality in something we all work to make is almost insulting to all the other players. You can ask for help if you want, War gods are easy to make things for (like Fusil's), I am sure we could all work together to give you something-that-is-not-Human.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: August 15, 2015, 10:38:53 pm »

"Not wanting to put any effort into making races" is just kind of...boring? Unsportsmanlike? I can't think of a word that describes it. I don't like it. "I am not putting effort into this community game" is just not a good thing to say. It isn't extra effort. It is literally any effort. The whole point of a God Game is world creation, and not putting in at least an attempt at originality in something we all work to make is almost insulting to all the other players. You can ask for help if you want, War gods are easy to make things for (like Fusil's), I am sure we could all work together to give you something-that-is-not-Human.
No no, it's not that I don't like creation. Creation was my favourite part of Ye Gods, even. It's just that creating a race to worship me isn't that important to me. Magic, projects, weapons, artifacts, worlds, etc. are all things I'm interested in creating. Races are pretty much the only thing I don't care about putting effort into creating.

EDIT: I wrote a one thousand-word description of a creature I planned to make to KJP. The idea that I don't put effort into creation as a whole is false. I'm just disinterested in one of its aspects, said aspect being popular to most other players.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 10:46:11 pm by Andres »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: August 15, 2015, 10:43:32 pm »

I'm not.  I'm exporting my spheres.  I fully expect this character to develop differently.
But still do an automated planet.
Okay, maybe I am.  ;/
But still, I like magitech.
And ..Ooh, idea!  And a really good one, too!
Okay, I'm not importing anything.  Although, in the end, some positions will probably end up the same.

Name: Yena
Sphere:  Growth, in the sense of grassroots movements, snowball effects, and small ideas resulting in world-shaking changes.  Inspiration.
Appearance: Takes many forms, all of them subtle but recognizable for their aura of potential.  Public Appearances Form is generally a flower growing from a floating seed, in such a form as to convey a similar body type as the worshippers to whom Yena is appearing.  The seed will always appear at the heart of the form.
Symbol: An open seed, unfurling into a blooming flower.

Sufficiently different/interesting?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 10:45:22 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: August 15, 2015, 10:44:47 pm »

I'm not.  I'm exporting my spheres.  I fully expect this character to develop differently.
The joke was that Iliseth was pretty much an expy of Malakath from Ye Gods. :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: August 15, 2015, 10:45:56 pm »

The joke was that Iliseth was pretty much an expy of Malakath from Ye Gods. :P

Well, joke aside, I just had an amazing idea so thanks!
Sigtext

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: August 15, 2015, 10:49:49 pm »

No no, it's not that I don't like creation. Creation was my favourite part of Ye Gods, even. It's just that creating a race to worship me isn't that important to me. Magic, projects, weapons, artifacts, worlds, etc. are all things I'm interested in creating. Races are pretty much the only thing I don't care about putting effort into creating.

Races are, arguably, more important than most of those things. They are a really important part of world creation, an empty world is simply unsuitable for world creation. If your reasoning was that you just like the concept of it or something would be fine, but "I can't be bothered to make something else" isn't an answer you should expect people to be OK with. Like I said, you could have help from one of us...Falg and I like making a bunch of races. It isn't any effort to make something that isn't human. Putting in humans, of all things, automatically changes the tone of most worlds. Even changing the name would give it a different tone....

...And we should *probably* stop covering poor KJP with character sheets until after he gets the game up. I take full responsibility for bringing these people here....

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: August 15, 2015, 10:53:14 pm »

Oh I'm just keeping it here so I don't forget the concept~
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: August 15, 2015, 10:57:16 pm »

Airplanes aren't a race, silly.

Nor are the intrinsically tied to steel. They made 'em with wood.

In any case, KJP explained it anyway.

Though I kinda have to figure out a new god concept, since I've kinda used all the ones I've had. Hmmm. Oh wait, no, I remember, god of Gambling, that's right. Don't wanna do Vengeance since Darruth was chock-full of that, though. Rebirth would be interesting. I like doing gods with darker aspects too though...hmmmm...

And there's your problem. :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, and what Stirk said. Oddly. Somehow Andres causes us to agree on stuff. It's weird. STOP IT ANDRES YOU'RE MAKING ME UNCOMFORTABLE
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 350