Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 256100 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 3 (12/15) (1 replacement) - Desynchronisation
« Reply #975 on: December 02, 2014, 07:30:31 pm »

Here's what I know, Shakerag: The reason you haven't told me what that means is you're worried I'd act in a way that is negative to your wincon. Which means it's possible that your wincon contradicts with my own, and that roleclaiming to you would fuck me over.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: December 02, 2014, 07:55:06 pm »

Jim Groovester: I was already running damage control on the whole king thing, what with letting SBC assume what he would about the nuclear sirens to coerce his cooperation with the majority.  As such, should the majority agree with the lynch target, I would expect a town hammerer to follow the majority, even if they did not agree.

Additionally, my second point against you is that you wanted me to help shorten out the day when I was avoiding doing so SPECIFICALLY so that people had time to see the change in the lynch.  Attempting to not give people time to see a change in the lynch is NOT a townie thing to do.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 02, 2014, 09:11:54 pm »

Here, 4maskwolf, we'll play a game of Choose the Tone Of Jim's Response. I wrote both these posts in response to you, but I wrote the Angry Rant first and then the Calm post after I realized that being angry about it was a waste of time. Of course, both of them come across as sarcastic (and indeed, even offering the choice between the two is deeply sarcastic as well), but I'll let you choose which one you like as they both convey the same information. I think the Angry Rant one is funnier, but to each his own.

Spoiler: Calm (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Angry Rant (click to show/hide)

Regardless of your choice, I still want to know your reasoning for choosing SBC at the end of the day, and what made him a more preferable target than mastahcheese.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: December 02, 2014, 09:23:32 pm »

I read both, and I agree that the angry rant is funnier.

Frankly, most of the problems people had with mastahcheese were re: his blowing up of Toaster and the baiting of said person.  While I can agree that was mastahcheese did was not good move for so early in the game (along the lines of Webadict daykilling his RVS target in that one paranormal game or whatever that was), and his baiting bordered on making me pull my hair out (and I wasn't even involved in the questioning), nothing there struck me as "this is a scum gambit, not a town gambit".  Whereas SBC reacted to the threat of nuclear destruction with immediate "oh my god okay I'll do what you want can you call off the nuke", which struck me as far worse.  He was so damn interested in saving his own skin it was ridiculous.  As such, I voted for the person I found the most scummy and, here's the kicker (and I'm going to put it in bold so you don't miss it this time), I voted to give other people a chance to react.  Yes, you read that right: I made an action and allowed the input of others before said thing (the lynch) went through.  Which, amazingly, you've managed to overlook repeatedly in my posts, simply latching onto the fact that I did, in fact, change the lynch target.  And had the majority preferred a mastahcheese lynch to an SBC lynch, I would have relented.  Some people, however, seemed ambivalent as to which of them was lynched, and as such I shifted the lynch to the target of the two that I wanted, and gave people time to react to said action and protest if they wanted something different.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: December 02, 2014, 09:38:33 pm »

I am totally okay with a mass claim, mostly because I have no idea what's going on.

I am Shakerag, Lord of Time and Space.  I indeed win when all anti-Shakerags are dead.  Since almost everyone seems to be a Shakerag (and I have no partners) I can only assume that Shakerag is roughly town.

I have a bunch of cool abilities.  I can queue any of my abilities to happen at a specific time. 

Day: I can change the voting scheme to be any of the following:
  • Normal Voting
  • Shakerag Voting.  This comes with no explanation and a disclaimer to not use it.
  • Secret Ballot.
  • Duel, a la Wizard's Duel
  • Negative voting, where everyone also has a negative vote
  • Ranked voting, where everyone gets three votes, each worth 3, 2, and 1.

As a 4-shot any time, I can target someone.  Non-investigative actions they perform take place two phases BEFORE.  Investigative actions take place two phases later.
As another 4-shot any time, I can either skip the next day, the next night, or immediately end the day.  I was planning on using this plus Fortress Mode and the daykill to give us a huge number of lynches in a row, but then Mastahcheese.

Next was the DF role I claimed earlier- that was my submitted role.  As stated, it's gone now.  The only thing I didn't claim was the wincon, which was that I won if the fortress was overrun (or any other way).  I didn't do anything with it since TolyK implied that involved either everyone dying or there being more elephants (!) than players.

Finally, I have The Gun.  I can target anyone or myself with it.  Still tempted to self target with it.

By the way, I'm no longer maimed as of end of D2.

D1 I "shot Cheeetar."  You all saw the results.
No actions until N2, in which I targeted Cheeetar with the time screw ability.  The result was I got the "Cheeetar wins you lose" role two phases ago, which caused the weird win/loss shenanigans.

The role also tells me who the Cheeetar is.  Per that, the Cheeetar was Cheeetar, then Shakerag, then Cheeetar.  Also, right now I lose unless Cheeetar wins, so someone is getting this role soon.  The and/or changes there.

If it's not obvious, I want Cheeetar dead because he's claimed he looks like a Shakerag but really isn't.  I must conclude he's anti-Shakerag and therefore my enemy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: December 02, 2014, 09:50:12 pm »

If that's your wincon, Toaster, then how do you propose we get rid of Shakerag the player?  He's apparently immune to lynches and actions.

Additionally, what you've said about Cheeetar actually makes sense as to why he is reluctant to reveal his role to us.

unvote ZU, vote Cheeetar Cheeetar Cheeetar.  I think most of the active players (as in, those who appear to still be playing the game) have roleclaimed, it's your turn.

In the spirit of cooperation, I'll reveal my last two actions:
Cardboard box: A free night action that states that I temporarily night out in a cardboard box.
Time to box: A free targeted night action that punches the target's face.  OUCH.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 02, 2014, 09:51:04 pm »

EBWOP: I should also clarify, with that I have claimed everything there is to know about my roles.  My last role does not have a wincon attached.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 02, 2014, 09:59:44 pm »

I don't know.  Something he does makes him targetable.

A more interesting idea is the idea of nightkilling someone, then protecting them the following night to resurrect them.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 02, 2014, 10:00:22 pm »

I don't know.  Something he does makes him targetable.

A more interesting idea is the idea of nightkilling someone, then protecting them the following night to resurrect them.
Huh.

Huh...

That might just work.

Have you asked TolyK if that would work?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 02, 2014, 10:01:07 pm »

TolyK: can dead players be targeted with actions?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 02, 2014, 10:04:04 pm »

Toaster, so if somebody has a day protection and you cast your time wizardry on them, feasibly flabort could be resurrected and I can fully investigate him like I apparently should have?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 02, 2014, 10:06:23 pm »

Yes, and yes.

Also, I'd like to correct one thing.  For Duel Voting, I can frame the terms of the duel.  Rock Paper Scissors, Chess, freestyle rap, anything that can be done online.

And the Gun didn't have a wincon.

Jim:  Yes.  I'd want to be sure that day protects work that they (since day actions don't all happen at once like night actions do.)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 02, 2014, 10:12:55 pm »

Okay so,

I'd like to start this post by asking Jim Groovester to use his inspection power on me, to determine the veracity of the following statement.

As of the end of N2, I am now town and cult.  Meaning that I must complete both the town wincon and the cult wincon.

This was a major frustration to me, and I certainly vented in the cult chat after my conversion.  At that point, I believed I was now in a no-win situation.  However, checking with TolyK revealed an interesting fact: I will win if I am the last player alive, simultaneously triggering the town wincon and the cult wincon in all players with those wincons.  As such, I have become what can best be described as a benevolent serial killer: if I am the last player left alive, both the town and cult win the game simultaneously.

I would request that Jim Groovester examine the contents of my role, so as to confirm that my wincon is indeed what it says.  I promise on my honor and life that I have no abilities as of the time of this writing, nor know of any I would gain in the future, that would harm you for doing such a thing.

No, I won't tell you who the other cultist(s) are, I'm not that dumb.  I know EXACTLY what happens if I do that.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 02, 2014, 10:13:59 pm »

Claims so far:
Spoiler: 4maskwolf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jim Groovester (click to show/hide)

Questions:
4maskwolf, you can self target vote observer. You could give yourself infinite votes, but instead chose to give Persus 1 vote on Day 1. Why? Is there something about your ability that you're not telling us?
Why, also, do you claim that all of the active players have roleclaimed when I can only see three?
Why is your wincon only listed as 'town'? What exactly does that mean- all mafia players dead? My wincon doesn't mention anything about town or mafia- in fact, I'm not sure if they exist.
Why are you voting for me with three votes to get me to roleclaim, yet you're perfectly fine with ZU not roleclaiming?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: December 02, 2014, 10:15:37 pm »

What, Cheeetar?

I determine how many votes the target has as in INSPECT how many votes they have, not DECLARE how many votes they have.  An easy mistake to make, given my wording.  Persus13 indeed only has one vote, as my D1 inspection of him revealed.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 101