Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 254790 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 1 (15/15) - Improvised Flashbang
« Reply #1020 on: December 03, 2014, 12:36:02 am »

Yeah yeah, pipe down or I'll stick your "we know better" up where the sun doesn't shine  >:( (I'm just kidding, btw).

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 3 (12/15) (1 replacement) - Desynchronisation
« Reply #1021 on: December 03, 2014, 12:37:47 am »

I get it, TolyK. You designed the game. Would you quit being so gleeful with the fact that some of us are having trouble understanding something you explicitly designed to be hard to understand?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 03, 2014, 12:47:29 am »

I've sent off a PM to TolyK to see if it'll work with day actions, since they're asynchronous.

Yes, it'd work.  If someone can day protect, I can cause it to happen yesterday and save Flabort.  I'm going to verify which action needs to happen first (pretty sure mine.)

Are we sure we want to?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 03, 2014, 12:50:27 am »

I tried to inspect flabort. I got Shakerag's role instead.

Spoiler: Shakerag's Role (click to show/hide)

He can't be killed but if I'm reading his role right he can be lynched.

So, flabort, and by flabort I of course mean Shakerag, why are you redirecting all actions targeted at flabort to you?

Here I am trying to see flabort's autos, notably the one where everybody wins, only to find out that you're apparently trying to make that not happen.

Are we sure we want to?

Well, it occurred to me just now that two phases ago is Day 2, not Day 1 when I killed flabort. So doing this time magickry may not be possible.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 03, 2014, 12:59:29 am »

Are we sure we want to?

Not sure anymore re:Flabort apparently being Shakerag.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: December 03, 2014, 01:06:10 am »

He can't be killed but if I'm reading his role right he can be lynched.

Never mind, I should read closer.

Really Unkillable has lynching as something that can't happen to him.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 03, 2014, 01:09:33 am »

By lynching Flabort while Shakerag is Flabort, do you think that would succesfully lynch Shakerag (would his unkillable still block that)?
I've played some mafia.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 03, 2014, 01:17:40 am »

I don't know.

Really Unkillable probably has some kind of catch because it's one of those silly role submissions that tries to break the game.

So it could work, maybe. But I have no way of knowing for sure just based on the inspection results alone.

Supposedly there's also hidden parts of his role as well that don't get revealed by inspection, so who can really say what lynching him will do.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 03, 2014, 02:02:17 am »

Cheeetar:
I don't want to claim because: The omnipotent Shakerag wants me to claim but is withholding information until I claim. This is probably because he wants to decide if he tells me what 'the real Shakerag' means or not, because I may or may not have a wincon opposing his. So: I don't want to take my chances with the omnipotent deity? I don't know what the real Shakerag means to him. Could you quote where Shakerag roleclaimed?
Because I want to make sure you're on the everybody-win-wagon rather than trying to screw everyone else over to win. 

And, no, that would not lynch me.  Well, at least, I wouldn't die. 

Jim Groovester:
No, you saw everything there is to see about my role.  At least, everything that I'm aware of.  Also, thanks for blowing my cover re: flabort. 

Why am I redirecting actions from flabort to me?  Because I didn't think you guys were going to be regularly targeting dead people, that's why.  If you really want to target flabort for something then I can change that redirection.

But, hey, at least you confirmed that I was telling you the truth with my earlier roleclaim now! 

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 03, 2014, 02:06:43 am »

Yeah, can you go do that so I can go inspect flabort (or at least try to) like I originally wanted?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 03, 2014, 02:47:14 am »

Cheeetar:
I don't want to claim because: The omnipotent Shakerag wants me to claim but is withholding information until I claim. This is probably because he wants to decide if he tells me what 'the real Shakerag' means or not, because I may or may not have a wincon opposing his. So: I don't want to take my chances with the omnipotent deity? I don't know what the real Shakerag means to him. Could you quote where Shakerag roleclaimed?
Because I want to make sure you're on the everybody-win-wagon rather than trying to screw everyone else over to win. 

And, no, that would not lynch me.  Well, at least, I wouldn't die. 

Alright. Seeing as Jim claims you don't have any kills- "WINCON: You win when Shakerag dies."
I'm >95% sure that this isn't in reference to the faction Shakerag- my confusion was because TolyK explicitly told me that Shakerag was not Shakerag. I assume this is because of your weird redirection stuff where you're someone else- now I think that Shakerag is Shakerag, but I have to do kill Flabort again or something to kill him, or he's made Flabort Shakerag, or something bullshitty.

Spoiler: My Role & Actions (click to show/hide)

If you can figure out a way where we can both win, I'm willing to hear you out.
I've played some mafia.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 03, 2014, 03:18:12 am »

Since Flabort is "The Real Shakerag" and he dies doesn't that mean you win? Unless he has to die while being "the real shakerag"? Do you know who Cheeetar is? There seems to be a difference between "The Cheetar" and Cheeetar the player, just like with Shakerag.

Roleclaiming might be bad for me, but oh well.

I am the CEO of Shakerag Co. Flabort is apparently my ally (I didn't know this) so it would be kinda cool to have him revive.
Wincon: Town (all anti-town eliminated) AND eliminate the FBI agent before he wins. (I guess this means Jim needs to die after doing his "AND" conditions but before the "town" wincon if we both want to win. This is also why I said roleclaiming might be bad for me)
a - Not corrupt at all (t) - Steal targets vote.
n - Corporate buyout (t) - Steal a secondary role.
Secondary role - Bean Counter
a - Many underlings - I can use this roles night actions for free
n - Stock check (t) - I can see how many 2ndary roles the target has
n - Compound Interest (t) - I can see if the target has a compound (AND/OR) wincon.

Last night I stock-checked Jack (he has 1 secondary role) and Corporate bought-out Vector. The role I stole from Vector was:
Roman Concrete
a - Mason once, mason for life - Anyone who gets this role has access to mason chat. Currently only me and Vector are there
n - Fortify (t, self) - 1 shot kill immune
n - Quick dry (t, self) - Target is roleblocked and can't join in discussion until someone actions him/her.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 03, 2014, 03:53:59 am »

You used two actions last night, Zombie Urist?
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 03, 2014, 03:54:30 am »

Oh. Right. The auto. Bluhhhh that was stupid of me.
I've played some mafia.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 03, 2014, 04:07:01 am »

(I guess this means Jim needs to die after doing his "AND" conditions but before the "town" wincon if we both want to win. This is also why I said roleclaiming might be bad for me)

I don't mind that much actually. I don't need to be alive to win and I need to die to fulfill the genie freeing wincon, unless somebody wants to take the role away from me.

You'll understand if I don't want to die until we at least have some idea of what's going on and what we're supposed to be doing, of course.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 101