Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 101

Author Topic: KYOSN: Now with Archived QuickTopic links!  (Read 256178 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: KYOSN: Day 3 (12/15) (1 replacement) - Desynchronisation
« Reply #1050 on: December 03, 2014, 11:18:57 pm »

I'm not going to put much effort into sorting all this out in the middle of finals, sorry.

Unvote.

My roles:
Shakerag III, the High and Mighty - Town
*(D) Vote for Mr. King: Changes voting effect for the day from lynching to making king (or president).
*(A) Royalty: I'm a double voter.
The Honourable Sir Willy of Schlang, Member of the Queen's Privy Council for Canada and convicted interferer with boundary lines, in the middle of reading Off and Running. - No Wincon
*(A) Council Member: I can send private messages to the day's King or President via the mod.
*(N) Interfere With Boundary Lines [t]: The target's home's area shrinks by a few metres, and the target is notified that I targeted them.
*(A, 1) Off and Running: I can dodge being lynched or otherwise voted off by posting a specific phrase.

Comments:
*As discussed earlier, I used Interfere on Cheeetar last night.
*I did not use Vote for Mr. King Day 1, and did not send any messages to SBC Day 2.
*I do not know what this "president" stuff is in my role, but it's probably a king variant.
*Apparently, there are ways of being voted off other than being lynched.
*I'm noticing a general theme with these roles: they tend to be built to generate chaos and confusion.  Disappearing, reappearing, time-distorting, lynch-screwing, mind-boggling roles and powers.  Also, lots of stuff in our roles that we don't know the effects of.

Org gave me the wincon of "Unanimously be declared useless or win in any other way"
Persus13: You're useless.

Shakerag Voting.  This comes with no explanation and a disclaimer to not use it.
Toaster: Huh.  Interesting.  Under what circumstances would you activate Shakerag Voting?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: December 03, 2014, 11:24:17 pm »

Jack A T: why do you want a townie gone, if you're town?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: December 03, 2014, 11:25:57 pm »

Jack:  If I felt I was in danger of losing and there were some pro-Shakerag people I knew around, I'd fire it then.  I have no idea what it does (replies about it were non-answers) but I assume it makes votes based on Shakerag-ity.  Since we're almost all Shakerag I have no idea what it does.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: December 03, 2014, 11:37:00 pm »

4maskwolf: If you're talking about the Persus13 thing, not my intent.  Reaction test.  Also, winners don't seem to be removed from the game.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: December 03, 2014, 11:41:11 pm »

4maskwolf: If you're talking about the Persus13 thing, not my intent.  Reaction test.  Also, winners don't seem to be removed from the game.
I was indeed talking about that.

*I'm noticing a general theme with these roles: they tend to be built to generate chaos and confusion.  Disappearing, reappearing, time-distorting, lynch-screwing, mind-boggling roles and powers.  Also, lots of stuff in our roles that we don't know the effects of.
Yeah, I got a fair share of that kind of thing from mastahcheese's mechanism.  My original role had none of it, though.  The powers of our primary roles seem themed, though, which is pretty cool.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: December 03, 2014, 11:51:55 pm »

Re: Shakerag claiming to have already won- not the last word, don't trust him on it. Waiting on a PM from TolyK.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: December 03, 2014, 11:54:36 pm »

I'm getting the feeling that everyone (except 4mask) needs to die for everyone to win.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: December 04, 2014, 12:08:41 am »

Unvote Flabort.
Shakerag hasn't won.

Spoiler: My Role & Actions (click to show/hide)

I lied for this. My wincon isn't Shakerag dying. Instead, my first role works like this:
Fakerag
Wincon: You win when Shakerag wins.
[A] Fake: You look like Shakerag to everyone, but you aren’t actually Shakerag.
[A] The Real One: You are told who Shakerag is at the beginning of each day from Day 3 onwards.
[N] Flare/Chaff/What Have You [t]: Actions targeting Target instead target you. This ability can’t be blocked.
[A] Rags to Riches: If Shakerag dies, you gain any secondary roles that Shakerag has.

I haven't won, ergo: Shakerag hasn't won.

Shakerag: Why the lies? What's your real wincon? Incidentally, if you die, I should gain the role that makes me win- and then win! Whoo.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: December 04, 2014, 12:33:46 am »

Ok then what did you do last night to Toaster that made him lose and win? Why did you lie too?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: December 04, 2014, 12:37:50 am »

Oh. Yeah, I gave Toaster that role, and he lost and won. I didn't lie about that. I lied because I was very wary of Shakerag. He's been acting suspiciously for a long time, and even though I'm technically his ally, it'd be a lot easier on my conscience to just lynch him and get the win from his corpse. Him lying about having already won makes me very glad that I didn't tell the truth about one of my wincons being Shakerag having won.
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: December 04, 2014, 12:41:24 am »

-(A/5-shot) Anyone but Shakerag: Shakerag can choose to change his name to any player. Everything that targets this player targets Shakerag instead, including votes. Shakerag can choose to change his name back to Definitely Not Shakerag. While Shakerag is named Definitely Not Shakerag votes against him count towards lynching him.

Shakerag's used this at least 3 times (changing to Cheeetar, changing to Flabort, changing away from Flabort.) He's got 2 more at most to go until we definitely know what name he's stealing.
I've played some mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 04, 2014, 12:43:09 am »

Do we actually know if he changed to Cheeetar?  He could be lying about that.

Also, what were you saying about disliking Gambitz?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: December 04, 2014, 12:49:44 am »

So since Toaster both won and lost, I guess that means that all anti-shakerags are dead?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: December 04, 2014, 12:55:39 am »

I don't think so, ZU. It was related to his 'role makes you lose unless you are Cheeetar' gift from me.

4maskwolf: IIRC Toaster got information that Cheeetar was 'Cheeetar, Shakerag, Cheeetar'- meaning Shakerag did change to Cheeetar once. I dislike stupid gambitz for the sake of gambitz. Withholding volatile information is merely being cautious.
I've played some mafia.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: December 04, 2014, 01:20:11 am »

Unvote Flabort.
Shakerag hasn't won.

Spoiler: My Role & Actions (click to show/hide)

I lied for this. My wincon isn't Shakerag dying. Instead, my first role works like this:
Fakerag
Wincon: You win when Shakerag wins.
[A] Fake: You look like Shakerag to everyone, but you aren’t actually Shakerag.
[A] The Real One: You are told who Shakerag is at the beginning of each day from Day 3 onwards.
[N] Flare/Chaff/What Have You [t]: Actions targeting Target instead target you. This ability can’t be blocked.
[A] Rags to Riches: If Shakerag dies, you gain any secondary roles that Shakerag has.

I haven't won, ergo: Shakerag hasn't won.

Shakerag: Why the lies? What's your real wincon? Incidentally, if you die, I should gain the role that makes me win- and then win! Whoo.
The fuck I haven't.  Unless TolyK is a giant lying douchebag. 

I'm guessing it was because I won using a seconday role wincon.  Bitching at TolyK now. 

Because, seriously, if he lied to me about winning then I'm fucking leaving this game.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 101