Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should founders be rewarded with tiles to build on?

Founders should have a fixed number of useable tiles to own!
- 5 (29.4%)
Founders should be awarded more tiles to build on by popular consensus!
- 6 (35.3%)
No hard limits, just be reasonable!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 54

Author Topic: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Overseers Needed!)  (Read 53165 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Nevertaxed: Dwarven Village Bloodline (Villagers Wanted!)
« Reply #345 on: December 03, 2014, 09:56:42 pm »

I have no clue how treecutting limits will work now that giant trees.  I cut down maybe ten???

---

Well I only cut down three to five at a time.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 10:01:58 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 03, 2014, 10:12:46 pm »

With the clever paperwork filed, lands granted to 'Beneviento' to start her new weaving studio, and the modifications to his house to permit the relocation of the still from the basement to the second floor and his new hobby kiln installed, --and a small planting of traditional underground crops put in the place of the old still, wierd began his subtle investigations into the new "baron" of NeverTaxed.

While he had no idea who or what a "exalted oblivion of the dead coven" is, or what "The lord of the fellowship of Cacti" does, it was certainly out of the ordinary, and he presented the information to Koreg later that evening...

Out of character:

Wow-- what an awesome title! Exalted Oblivion of the Dead Coven! No sir, Nothing suspicious there at all!

I am going to clone the initial save and explore legends mode to learn more.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 10:15:19 pm by wierd »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 03, 2014, 10:37:40 pm »

Slate 13

We've been warned by the elves to limit our tree cutting. Elves are warning us. The Tame Gears are laying beauracratic siege to the village on all fronts and our bloodsucking baron is trying to tear us down from within and the goblins are slaughtering our people in the south and marching north at a terrible pace and now ELVES have the audacity to threaten us? These bastards took my money, money I could have spent on precious supplies to make those first few months just a little bit less MISERABLE and gave me nothing for it. They have offered us NOTHING of value. I lost a few friends when I made railed against any type of peace settlement with the tree lovers and now they come to Nevertaxed, MY HOME and try to dictate terms? We're expected to live in fear of goblins while we bow before the Baron, the Gears, and now elves? Silverplum mine is producing enough metal to outfit a fighting force capable of tearing through elven defenses. Lesana Lacygleamed the emissary bitch of the Wordy Stone and the Reticent Drink dared walk into the seat of MY power and set limits on how the business of MY village would be conducted? There will be an answer. I know for a fact that her only son was abducted at the age of three and she has been attempting to negotiate his release until he was murdered eleven years later. I'll see to it that it's a topic of common conversation every time they pass through, it may be worth the investment of many hundreds of sovereigns to find the boys remains and have them displayed in the Plum.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 03, 2014, 10:42:13 pm »

As Koreg furiously scribbled in his increasingly disorganized journal a knock came to the door of Silverplum manor. He quickly his his journal snatched up his sword and peered through the viewing slot. He relaxed slightly to see Wierd, replaced his sword in the case, and opened the door to hurry the dwarf inside before anything important was said.

Out of Character: AWESOME! The Dead Coven are Ura worshippers, So are the Creed of Bones and the Communion of Burying all of Ura's worhippers have badass names.

edit: His name is Ramkal Trickstopped if you're trying to find out more about him.

Multiedit: His story is awesome and involves several of the sites that Ning visited.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:00:25 pm by Broseph Stalin »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 03, 2014, 11:22:22 pm »

Found the baron.

He is the ONLY dwarf to have been admitted to the Dead Coven, AT ALL.  If our baron is who he says he is, then he is this vampire.
I will now research the vampire.

*EDIT

LOL, YES! 1970 murders!

Broseph, do you want to do the honors?  This is fantastic-- it's the same goddess that our king's royal family has been cavorting with. LOL.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:26:40 pm by wierd »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 03, 2014, 11:28:12 pm »

speaking of.  I got on site, but because I didnt assign the baron a home he isnt easy to find.  urge to wipe the village rising.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 03, 2014, 11:31:49 pm »

Found the baron.

He is the ONLY dwarf to have been admitted to the Dead Coven, AT ALL.  If our baron is who he says he is, then he is this vampire.
I will now research the vampire.

*EDIT

LOL, YES! 1970 murders!

Broseph, do you want to do the honors?  This is fantastic-- it's the same goddess that our king's royal family has been cavorting with. LOL.

It's completely perfect. Not sure exactly what honors those would be though.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 03, 2014, 11:37:18 pm »

I'd like to be a dwafitty-dwarf in this magnificent village!

I'd like to be the guy who is a skilled cook if possible. Egotistical "skill" is welcome as well.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 03, 2014, 11:39:55 pm »

Head Chef is already taken. Clothing industry is already owned. Check page 1 of this thread for a list of industries. Pick one that strikes your fancy, and then report back. :D

--

Broseph:

We need to create roleplay story for the uncovering of the baron's dirty secret. The baron has let slip that he was once the Exalted Oblivion of the Dead Coven.  That's a pretty specific title, and is clearly not a dwarven settlement, nor a dwarven religion. He openly admits to worshiping Ura-- a human death goddess.

Koreg is the one who knows about the royal family's involvement with Ura. (Himself aware of such dirty dealings through being a former cultist, but not to Ura)

I can review legends mode to see if any of the elves in the caravan have had any dealings at all with Arrowprinces, the location of said cult where he was cursed, and where he has the most unsolved murders. 

I will start with looking up the diplomat, since that's a historical figure.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:46:21 pm by wierd »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 03, 2014, 11:49:49 pm »

The usual patrons of the Plum were agitated that morning. Many were discussing the elven trader situation. By situation, she obviously meant '' threats''. The old cook always found elves and nature in general to be off-putting, and moving to this village near their frontier did nothing to tame that impression. Such were the price she had to pay, however, to avoid scrutiny from regulations and overbearing legislations. Here, things in the Plum were simple. Or at least they were until recently...

Between the creepy Baron and those tree huggers, this place has become more problematic than it ever was. She shares her concern with the current customers, and most of them seem to agree.

''If i wasn't so bloody honest, i swear I'd put something nasty in a dish and serve it to them.'' She mentions casually before sitting down to empty her mug of ale. Years of working in the kitchen and tending the various menial jobs it implied had made her sturdy, and robust, but age was starting to take it's toll on her. ''Guess I'll just take a break now, while the pies cool down'' she said, to no one in particular. Working at inns had given her the habbit of talking out loud. Not that she cared what people thought of her opinion, but a silent inn was a terrible inn. People on break loved idle chat, and drunken dwarves doubly so...

And silent, the place was. Since weird had taken a mandate to reform their agricultural production, a lot of idlers had been put to work. Many a resident used to spend their days here at the Plum mostly because they had a strong love for booze and an absurd lack of stuff to do. Now they were outside tending the fields or building workshops and whatnot. Not that she minded. She didnt especially feel attached to anybody. Three quarters of a decade working the ovens will do that to you. Cooking is hardly the most dangerous job in a fortress, and no settlement can go without food. Once shit hits the fan and life goes sour, the only reliable source of happiness, beside crafted marvels obviously, is the warmth of a good soup or some refined pie. Ss a result, most overseers she worked with preferred her to stay in the kitchen, and work there full time. This was a safe job, but a weird one. One day the soldiers were there eating their fried kitten steak, until they just stopped showing up. Young lads and newcomers took their place, then vanished as well when the alarm rang, to meet their doom on the battlefield. The kitchen and the cook remained the same, yet on any given day, the usual customers could simply vanish.

It's better not to care. It's hard, but in the long run that's how you survive. Just don't get attached.

The warm and cozy smell of berries filled the inn, interrupting her reminescing about past fortresses and the disasters that befell them. She downed the rest of her mug, stood up, and went back to check on the berry pies. ''Well, better make sure those little babies don't burn huh?''

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:59:41 pm by Taupe »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 03, 2014, 11:54:46 pm »

Looking up our vampire in legends viewer, he participated in, (AND LOST) two major battles.

Battles[Load] (Notable)
1  97 The Searing Attack as part of The Splattered Conflict (attacking civ:The empires of combining)  Fought in the attack against The Praised Seed   and lost Deaths: 405)
2  108 The Dented Sieges as part of The Conflict of Slings (attacking civ: The empires of combining)  Fought in the attack against The Lie of Artifice   and lost Deaths: 633)

I am looking up those two related entities to see if we can get any story ties to nail the baron.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:59:51 pm by wierd »

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 03, 2014, 11:55:33 pm »

Okay then. Glassmaking and poultry sound good. I'll go with whatever you feel should be done at the moment.

The baron really and truly intrigues me. I will personally be referring to him as Vlad, a la Magicka.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 04, 2014, 12:03:07 am »

I will dwarf you as a glassmaker then.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 04, 2014, 12:12:40 am »

Head Chef is already taken. Clothing industry is already owned. Check page 1 of this thread for a list of industries. Pick one that strikes your fancy, and then report back. :D

--

Broseph:

We need to create roleplay story for the uncovering of the baron's dirty secret. The baron has let slip that he was once the Exalted Oblivion of the Dead Coven.  That's a pretty specific title, and is clearly not a dwarven settlement, nor a dwarven religion. He openly admits to worshiping Ura-- a human death goddess.

Koreg is the one who knows about the royal family's involvement with Ura. (Himself aware of such dirty dealings through being a former cultist, but not to Ura)

I can review legends mode to see if any of the elves in the caravan have had any dealings at all with Arrowprinces, the location of said cult where he was cursed, and where he has the most unsolved murders. 

I will start with looking up the diplomat, since that's a historical figure.

So the issue is finding a good reason for the fact that the Baron was  the Exalted Oblivion to become known? He was part of a cult of Ura that operated out of Lulledelders and was also lord of the city for some time and was run out right around the time the Order of Tombs was formed. In fact a schism between the Ura/Dyes titan worshipers and the Ura purists could explain why he was suddenly outed. With the notoriety he would have had around the time the order of tombs was being formed it would be completely logical for Koreg to know who he is provided someone got him talking about his ardent worship of Ura. Maybe he has some kind of item or affectation that would tie him to a particular group?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 04, 2014, 12:21:03 am »

There is also a possible link with our elven friends.

There are 3 historical figures that are current residents of "beardedtrades", the elven retreat our diplomat is from, who were involved with the confict that our vampire partook in against the praised seed. 

It is therefore "Likely" that while our diplomat may not know the baron personally, she may well have knowledge of the vampire that fought against her current countrymen.

Elves have "Perfect memory" as a racial characteristic, and use songs to record their history. As such, she will most certainly have heard a song about "The Searing Attack". 

Sadly, legends viewer is coughing up assert errors when I try to get more details about the search results.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 54