Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 130

Author Topic: Starbound - Caveat emptor  (Read 441010 times)

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Upbeat Giraffe - WE STABLE NOW - Tylui's got a server up
« Reply #435 on: February 08, 2015, 11:18:46 pm »

Server imploded. :(
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 09, 2015, 02:55:42 am »

As of today, my private server will be open to the B12 community. She's a dedicated 12-slot out of San Jose, CA with a 12-month subscription that rolls 24-7 (save for daily resets), so stability isn't an issue and things aren't going anywhere any time soon. Just rolled a fresh universe for the event, so have at.

It's worth noting that we are running a single mod, Pixel Goods. The link to the file you will need is here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Needless to say, keep it civil and don't grief. Beyond that, the universe is your oyster. ;)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:54:45 am by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 09, 2015, 03:35:14 am »

Is it only for new characters or does progression not matter?

Also, I wonder Would that glowing ores mod be considered cheating?
I assume it would, I am just asking if any server owners would mind it being used.
Not that I have outside of single-player mode, on characters not related to the ones I use on multi-player mode.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:39:54 am by Ultimuh »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 09, 2015, 03:46:39 am »

What does the Pixel Goods mod even do? Does it have a description page? I'd rather not plug stuff into my game when I don't know what it does.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 09, 2015, 05:24:39 am »

Is it only for new characters or does progression not matter?

That is entirely up to you. You're welcome to play whichever character(s) you like. The main draw of this server is that you will have others along for the ride, whether it is progressing through missions and new content, or building the HQ of your dreams.

Will have to run the glowing ores by the others first. The main concern is compatibility (i.e., whether or not other players will have to have it installed to join the server.)

What does the Pixel Goods mod even do? Does it have a description page? I'd rather not plug stuff into my game when I don't know what it does.

Apologies, I'd meant to include a link to the overview in my last post. In short, Pixel Goods allows you to craft a sort of space-Ikea kiosk where you can procure all sorts of furniture and décor.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 09, 2015, 05:38:29 am »

Apologies, I'd meant to include a link to the overview in my last post. In short, Pixel Goods allows you to craft a sort of space-Ikea kiosk where you can procure all sorts of furniture and décor.
Ah, okay. So it's basically... wait, is that all custom stuff? As in, it dispenses only (or primarily) custom items, not pre-existing ones you can collect in the starboundverse and scan into the 3D printer?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 09, 2015, 05:40:16 am »

Ah, okay. So it's basically... wait, is that all custom stuff? As in, it dispenses only (or primarily) custom items, not pre-existing ones you can collect in the starboundverse and scan into the 3D printer?

For now, it's all custom. I actually haven't had any luck with a vanilla item replicator. If you know of one that's up to date, by all means, throw it at me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 09, 2015, 11:43:50 am »

I'm having issues joining the server. It just refuses to connect.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 09, 2015, 11:48:43 am »

I'm having issues joining the server. It just refuses to connect.

Sorry to ask the obvious, but are you using the correct password, and have you installed the Pixel Goods mod?

If so, give it another try and tell me how that goes.

EDIT: Sorry about that. Giving you the correct port will probably help!

Try this:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:54:14 am by Ibid Straydrink »

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Upbeat Giraffe - WE STABLE NOW - Two and counting
« Reply #444 on: February 09, 2015, 01:18:23 pm »

LaNimals server is back up guys. My computer asploded last night when I was plugging in a monitor, so I decided it'd be a good time to transfer the server. Little did I know that my VPS was going to go full retard on me and not let me connect. I got it all resolved, and so now we have a new IP address. You can connect to it with starbound.lanimals.com.

I've also updated http://www.lanimals.com/starbound/ to reflect that change, and also to add Ibid's server. If you don't want it up there, Ibid, or if you want it renamed, or send me a picture for it, I can make any of those changes free of charge. :P <3

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 09, 2015, 01:59:24 pm »

Tylui, is there any way to put the number of people online on the server status page? It would be nice to know if you're potentially playing with others or alone.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 09, 2015, 02:40:47 pm »

Ya know, when I said the server imploded, I didn't realize that's actually what happened...
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 10, 2015, 12:10:40 am »

Finally beat the first boss.

Congrats! While I went in pretty well-prepared abd didn't have too much trouble, I was pleasantly surprised with how challenging the new missions and bosses have become.

A heads up to all, my server is undergoing maintenance as we pick and choose from a handful of balanced mods to enhance the experience and offer a bit of security. Once all is done and has been tested, I'll post a list of what we are running for those of you who would like to come and join us.

Unfortunately, within a few of hours of open-access someone's house on the homeworld was griefed pretty hard. To prevent this from happening again, I've added AdminShields and Wired Padlock to the mix. The former adds a special object accessible only by the Admin, which gives a large shield effect identical to what you see in the outpost and dungeons, and prevents all players from removing or placing most blocks (trees, crops, and liquids are the exceptions), and messing with wiring. The latter allows players to craft combination padlocks, which can in turn be attached to lights, doors, and- you guessed it- aforementioned shields, allowing players to switch shields they have been given access to on and off without the use (and abuse) of admin privileges.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel friend to post or PM them my way. Just keep in mind, we are going to avoid anything unreasonably exploitable or game-breaking.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 12:14:46 am by Ibid Straydrink »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 10, 2015, 02:01:49 am »

Eeyup. And that's why we switched over to asking for the password on Ty's (and why I'm flat out not distributing it to new members on the forums). If you want me to take your server's pw out of the OP, just let me know.  :)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 10, 2015, 08:14:52 am »

Eeyup. And that's why we switched over to asking for the password on Ty's (and why I'm flat out not distributing it to new members on the forums). If you want me to take your server's pw out of the OP, just let me know.  :)

I appreciate the offer, but it's fine as it is for now. I would, however, be grateful if you could tuck the sensitive information into a little spoiler.

Also, Tylui- your webpage seems to think that my server is perpetually offline, which I can assure you has not been the case. :P

Finally, mods ahoy! What follows is the list of mods required to join The Milky Bay. For convenience, I have compiled all six into a zip file, which folks can extract directly to their mods folder. As there are plenty of vanilla servers out there, we've decided to take things in the opposite direction and aim to put together a neat collection of mods without compromising the natural flow and balance of the game.

This folder contains:

Admin Shield Generator - Allows the admin to place a special object which they can then toggle to prevent the placement or destruction of blocks, décor, and wiring, as well as the absorption of liquid. Trees can still be chopped down and crops harvested. Contact me to grief-proof your project!

Wired Padlocks - Introduces combination padlocks, which can be created at a wiring station. These padlocks can be linked to doors, lights, and Admin Shields, allowing players with the passcode to engage/disengage them without admin permissions, create controlled security systems, and lock doors!

Prismatic Stars - Adds "Prismatic Stars," solar systems that contain planets of any biome (including sub-biomes!) at random difficulty, with the chance of mixed biomes and subterranean environments. A great mixer for exploration. Atypical weather is common, so be sure to check the forecast before you set up shop.

Block Replicator - A late-game crafting station where one can replicate a single block of any type using 1k, 5, or 10k voxels at a rate of 1 block per 1 pixel. Ideal for base-building.

Pixel Goods Store - Lets players craft the "Okea" kiosk and purchase a wide variety of well-made, must-have racial and other themed décor.

Moneyplant - For those who would rather make their fortune farming than fighting. Upon acquiring either pixel or voxel plant seeds from your local TerraMart, you can begin planting a literal cash crop, with odds-based yields. Said plants are perennials and thus do not need to be replanted, but do not yield seeds.

NOT included due to permissions, but mandatory for the server:

The Game Hunter - Travel the galaxy hunting exotic game and display your trophies for the world to see. Help us create a museum of bio-diversity, decorate your rustic moon cabin, and upset your suburban-raised wife.

Pending re-release (not yet on the server): SmartPet and StarMount

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:27:38 am by Ibid Straydrink »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 130