Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: [0.43.05] The Fall : Release 8 - Just updated.  (Read 36700 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.24] The Fall : Release 6 - Poison update
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2015, 01:46:28 pm »

First thing i had in mind when i saw that name was this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PCM7428IWw Then i saw it was fallout theme? man im sooo happy :D.

As always Deon good work and im happy to see you involved on multiple front!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2015, 01:20:27 am »

Is it just this mod or is it DF in general that decided that arming zombies was a good idea? A horde of zombies attacking is bad enough, but when they have a score of bolt action rifles with them, well...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2015, 04:02:59 am »

Sorry for the lack of updates, I had a promotion at work AND a yearly vacation. I have a lot of plans when I return though (3rd of August and onward) since I had almost no internet or gaming capability while on vacation, which gave me enough time to think of new ideas.

@Aseaheru Come again? Do you mean animated zombies which spawned with weapons already? That sounds interesting and requres !!science!!. Can you expand on that with some additional information, please?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2015, 04:07:17 am »

Deon, on the Good/Evil update, do you plan on making use of custom wheater/clouds?
Yes, tundra and desert will have clouds which animate all dead. Frost walkers and sand ghouls accordingly.
Also tainted rain is going to be a thing if I find it not too processor-heavy to include Putnam's itemsyndrome, which will let me make hazard suits.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 05:30:17 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2015, 09:12:56 am »

@Aseaheru Come again? Do you mean animated zombies which spawned with weapons already? That sounds interesting and requres !!science!!. Can you expand on that with some additional information, please?

I was attacked by a siege which consisted of a tribal necromancer and about...40 zombies armed with various things, including bolt-action rifles.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2015, 12:16:00 pm »

I was attacked by a siege which consisted of a tribal necromancer and about...40 zombies armed with various things, including bolt-action rifles.
I think it is possible in vanilla DF for a necromancer to arm the zombies. Not something that always happens, though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cthulhu_Pakabol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2016, 12:53:12 am »

Hey, I'm really sorry for such a necro, but I'm wondering if there are any chances of this ever being updated? What with the new version, I think this would be great to have- I really loved it back in my pre-2016 games.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2016, 09:23:39 am »

Same for me here but Deon is very busy with modding other game if i remember right? In all case.... he should really make a website, blog or anything for that matter where he talks about what he is working on because on multiple game he made some very good mods. Here, rimworld, cataclysm:DDA and a few other game i cannot remember but saw his name a few other place.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2016, 09:01:14 pm »

Hey, I'm really sorry for such a necro, but I'm wondering if there are any chances of this ever being updated? What with the new version, I think this would be great to have- I really loved it back in my pre-2016 games.
Oh the usual. The mod does not get a lot of views and I get carried on with other projects, like Fallout mod update which I am silently working on now. Also RL and stuff :).
If this is interesting to people, I will be glad to necro it and update it. I just need to find more time :).

Same for me here but Deon is very busy with modding other game if i remember right? In all case.... he should really make a website, blog or anything for that matter where he talks about what he is working on because on multiple game he made some very good mods. Here, rimworld, cataclysm:DDA and a few other game i cannot remember but saw his name a few other place.
Yeah I am kinda all over the place, but right now I am "modding" my life to buy an apartment, which is like 300 of my monthly salaries :D. Well now 100, since I worked hard, but you get the idea.

Nonetheless I would love to come back to DF modding. I even quietly update that DF Wanderer mod I made. I just need more motivation I guess, and more hours in the day :D.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 09:03:00 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2016, 12:21:36 pm »

I feel you, modding real life is the hardest thing to do. i wish you good luck!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.42.06] The Fall : Release 7 - DF 2015 now
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2016, 07:47:05 pm »

Here you go, release 7 is out.

All plants now bear seed properly when milled/processed.
Renamed horned ripper to doomclaw.
Fully updated to the new DF version.

Poison coating currently does not work, because DFHack is not updated/stable. I feel like we can live without it for now :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

melmarkian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2016, 12:07:48 am »

Great. Thank you!

Cthulhu_Pakabol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2016, 01:50:31 am »

Awesome, thanks!

kubamakar22

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2016, 03:09:01 pm »

Salutations from Jef's Stream.
I shall become an Ardent tester of the adventure mode, whenever any modding shall be done there.
Good luck.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2016, 10:08:14 am »

Hi Kubamakar :).

I am returning to modding.

Currently I am making two types of creatures now to populate it: chthonians and automatons. Chthonians are Warhammer chaos/Lovecraft Cthulhu mythos type monsters, fleshy, teethy, tentacle-y... And automatons are brass golems of various shapes powered with internal fire. They are supposed to represent two demon types fighting: blood/corruption demons and inferno/machinery demons. I can make that as a standalone mod which can be toggled on/off.

If you want to see some of your favourite creatures which fit the theme to be implemented, or if you have some suggestions in mind, please share.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9