Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491496 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer!
« Reply #480 on: April 12, 2016, 10:58:26 am »

Those Hellcannons or whatever on the Chaos side in that video around the 44.00 mark look really, really Slaneeshi.

No, see, Chaos in WH is secretly a group of redneck truckers, so they need to dangle balls off of everything.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 12, 2016, 10:59:21 am »

To be fair, obsession with dangling balls is also quite Slaneeshi.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 12, 2016, 11:06:28 am »

And besides, we all know Chaos' real fetish is spikes. On everything. Yes, even on the dangling balls.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 12, 2016, 11:52:45 am »

It menaces with spikes of iron.

That FreeLC is interesting though. New unit, hero, lore of magic, legendary lord, hero, lore of magic, Legendary lord, race, lore of magic, new hero

Of the lores we haven't seen for the main factions (barring chaos) we haven't seen Beast, Life, and Death which would match up perfectly with the three Free lores.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 12, 2016, 11:58:49 am »

Of the lores we haven't seen for the main factions (barring chaos) we haven't seen Beast, Life, and Death which would match up perfectly with the three Free lores.
According to the store page for Chaos, they don't have the lores of tzeentch, nurgle and slaanesh either. Also we have seen Death, the VCs use it.

The lores that seem to be in the game are: Fire, Light, Heavens, Metal, Death, Vampire, Big Waaagh!, Little Waaagh! (unsure), and Dwarf Runes (unsure). So we're missing (available for the playable factions on the map, including WoC): Shadow, Life, Beasts, Tzeentch, Nurgle, Slaanesh.

If I were to guess, one of those heroes is likely a gold wizard for the empire, since only Goldfinger Gelt can use it right now.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 12, 2016, 12:07:07 pm »

Shadow was shown with Azhag for Orks, the Little Waagh was shown with Da Curse of Da Bad Moon. (That floating yellow death moon)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 12, 2016, 12:07:51 pm »

Shadow was shown with Azhag for Orks, the Little Waagh was shown with Da Curse of Da Bad Moon. (That floating yellow death moon)
Azhag uses Death, not Shadow. But I'll look it up just in case and correct myself if need be.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 12, 2016, 12:10:05 pm »

I kind of think that the new heroes and new lores will be both the wizards of the lores of Beast, Life and Death/Shadow rather than other heroes like the Master Engineer.

I also wonder whether the listed new faction will be Bretonnia or another one. I think Bretonnia was hinted as coming out close to the release of the game as a free faction, so the later faction might be something like Beastmen or Wood Elves.

The image they put up on their wiki page can be taken as a broad schedule, I think. So going by their mention of the new faction on the list coming towards the end of the year the other things should come between then and release.

The extra units of renown will be interesting. I assume those will be things like marked chaos units or Carroburg Greatswords as it mentions they be limited in number to recruit.

I do look forward to the mini campaign packs. With a number of the well known characters in Warhammer Fantasy actually being dead in the time the game takes place, a campaign focusing on the war between Vlad von Carstein and the Empire would be really neat or the Chaos invasion with Asavar Kul and Engra Deathsword. Especially if the lords end up usable in the base campaign as well. Even if they should be dead, well, pff to that.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 12, 2016, 12:13:00 pm »

Azhag uses Death, not Shadow. But I'll look it up just in case and correct myself if need be.

You are correct, I had forgotten Soulblight was a Death Spell.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 12, 2016, 12:15:53 pm »

Ninja'd though. At least greenskins won't be stuck with a single lore (unless you grab Azhag).

(Also lightning strike sounds incredible)

I also wonder whether the listed new faction will be Bretonnia or another one. I think Bretonnia was hinted as coming out close to the release of the game as a free faction, so the later faction might be something like Beastmen or Wood Elves.
Bretonnia is very likely an early free-lc faction, yeah. Especially since apparently they already got some of their own roster in-game, unlike all other humans that are stuck using imperial stuff.

Other possible factions in the Old World could be (besides Wood Elves and Beastmen) Kiselv, Tilea, Estalia and the Skaven (though I am pretty damn sure the ratmen would be material for one of these extra campaigns). Tilea and Estalia are very unlikely, though.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 12, 2016, 01:22:32 pm »

A lot of the spells seem to either be some kind of AOE buff / debuff or a floating orb.

Is this how it is in the tabletop?

Greenskins have both big and little waagh. It's confirmed on the wiki.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 12, 2016, 01:28:31 pm »

A lot of the spells seem to either be some kind of AOE buff / debuff or a floating orb.

Is this how it is in the tabletop?

Greenskins have both big and little waagh. It's confirmed on the wiki.
From all the research I had to do for modding purposes: vortexes are somewhat rarer than what is going on in this game. They probably opted for this for gameplay reasons?

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 12, 2016, 02:03:30 pm »

I imagine it'll be Bretonnia for the freeLC - it's by far the easiest one to make and requires little change in mechanics to work well. However, I'm not holding my breath on a freeLC race - there's a lot more work involved than in normal Total War (which are basically just re-colours + a unique unit or two) and I wouldn't be surprised if we get a 'sorry guys, this might need to be a paid one...' down the line.

As an aside, I agree that most of the spells seem to be vortex based/AOE, but I guess they're the best ones to showcase.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 12, 2016, 02:14:31 pm »

When I saw Bretonnia's unit list I gave up on life.

An entire army based on cavalry of every sort? And all these cavalry are all superpowered and some of these superpowered ones are superpowered terminator spess mahreens? I hate steppe-like armies and horse archers enough as it is.

If I were a Russian medieval lord, I'd stand on my castle walls in front of Genghis Khan and scream "STOP USING OVERPOWERED HAX UNITS YOU NOOB SCRUB!".

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 12, 2016, 02:22:15 pm »

When I saw Bretonnia's unit list I gave up on life.

An entire army based on cavalry of every sort? And all these cavalry are all superpowered and some of these superpowered ones are superpowered terminator spess mahreens? I hate steppe-like armies and horse archers enough as it is.

If I were a Russian medieval lord, I'd stand on my castle walls in front of Genghis Khan and scream "STOP USING OVERPOWERED HAX UNITS YOU NOOB SCRUB!".
That's the whole Bretonnian Thing, though. That said, they don't have horse archers, so it's not mongolian levels of hax.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 277