Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 489143 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2580 on: August 16, 2017, 11:05:28 am »

Mech did you link to the right article?  I don't see any of that info.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: August 16, 2017, 11:07:10 am »

Mech did you link to the right article?  I don't see any of that info.
Yeah, seems like the wrong article.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: August 16, 2017, 11:08:22 am »

I do think it is a Warpfire Thrower but, from what Ratling Guns look like when they fire in Vermintide, it is possible.

The trailers don't show the entire roster, which I assume we'll get in the next day or so.

Edit: Hmm... no it's the right article. It looks like it's been edited to remove those sections. There was about 4 sub headings covering the points I put in the spoilers. If you can read german that article seens to still have it's dotpoints.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 11:12:20 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: August 16, 2017, 11:53:38 am »

I'm quite annoyed that they're deciding to go with still-images for faction intro cinematics instead of in-engine stuff.

Sigh... whatever. It's not like the actual faction cinematics in the game were any good. It was just the Youtube trailers for the factions that were good. The in-game ones were kinda dumb.

Still... still images? Really? This isn't some indie game with a $50,000 budget.

I never understood why CA always creates awesome trailers and cinematics, then refuses to use them in the real game. Like... why? Seriously, why? I think the last time they actually used their trailer for a game was Shogun 2's awesome opening.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: August 16, 2017, 12:09:39 pm »

I decided to start a new campaign and it seems I've run into a rather odd problem. Despite having the new RoRs in my DLC list, despite the little popup saying that I unlocked a specific regiment... I have no button for actually grabbing them.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: August 16, 2017, 12:25:29 pm »

I decided to start a new campaign and it seems I've run into a rather odd problem. Despite having the new RoRs in my DLC list, despite the little popup saying that I unlocked a specific regiment... I have no button for actually grabbing them.
Verify your game. If you have mods, start turning them off one by one.

---

By the way, it's been heavily hinted that the vortex is

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: August 16, 2017, 01:45:22 pm »

I am interested in this new endgame they promised. The other factions actively pursuing their objectives will give it a  distinct "Civilization" feel.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: August 16, 2017, 08:31:02 pm »

Some other interesting points is it seems like one of the Lizardmen lords starts all the way over on the east coast of the Southlands. I assumed they would start between Naggaroth and Lustria and in Itza but the Last Defenders seem to be the second playable Lizardmen faction. I like that there's a Wood Elf faction on the map, Oreon near Karak Zorn. It seems like Tiranoc starts with some land on the Bleak Coast in Naggaroth.

Looking at Ulthuan, it seems like there's only four of the gates present. The Dragon Gate, I believe it's located between the Unicorn and Phoenix gates, doesn't seem to have a valley for it.

That Lizardman is apparently the big, fighty Saurus Lord, Kroq-gar, away on some Southlands campaign.  By some YouTube videos I saw reviewing the map. I have no idea if this information is accurate though.
It's a game. Have fun.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: August 17, 2017, 03:02:52 am »

I'm having way too much fun with the Norsca campaign. I'm not even trying to win. Just chilling while I hunt all the big game. All their artifacts are so frigging fun.

I'm also hunting all the legendary lords so I can get their awesome traits. I have a regular Lord running around that I'm really fond of. His name is Knud and he's an avatar of Nurgle. His army is really tiny, only around 500 men and they're all marauders with three heroes. All he does is run around behind enemy lines to snipe enemy lords and get their traits. He collects them like trophies. The battles he's been in because of his shitty army are just glorious.

I've also been deliberately avoiding spamming Norsca's overpowered units. Max of two javelins. Max of two skinwolves. Still, they're just way too strong. I think the werekin is the strongest melee hero in the game right now, outside of legendary lords.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: August 17, 2017, 07:51:59 am »

I had a great moment of holding a city against Norsca as the Empire. The halbadiers barely held back two mammoths as they stormed through the gates while my handgunners filled them full of shot. They look scary and they hit really hard but they're so big it's hard to miss them.

In other news; An updated version of Warhammer 2: Total War's campaign map has been uploaded showing the Skaven start positions and minor factions.
After looking at it, the minor factions aren't shown on the map. Apparently they're potential to appear when exploring a ruin.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 07:53:43 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: August 17, 2017, 09:01:55 am »

In other news; An updated version of Warhammer 2: Total War's campaign map has been uploaded showing the Skaven start positions and minor factions.
After looking at it, the minor factions aren't shown on the map. Apparently they're potential to appear when exploring a ruin.

It would be cool if they have random starting positions, so you would never know where they would be after a starting a new game.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: August 17, 2017, 11:20:31 am »

A whole lot of videos have been uploaded by various Youtubers covering gameplay and campaign footage for Warhammer 2.

Indiepride/MilkandcookiesTW: Lord Skrolk Rod of Corruption quest battle. Showcases Skaven vs Lizardmen.

Indiepride/MilkandcookiesTW: Clan Mors campaign start. Covers things like the "Food" mechanic, Skaven Corruption, skill tree for Queek and 4 rites Skaven can invoke for various effects.

Oakley/Invicta: Skaven unit card statistics.

Oakley/Invicta: Skaven campaign mechanics.

A few notes about things:
- Hell Pit Abomination has "Too Horrible to Die", meaning it either respawns when killed or spawns a unit of Skavenslaves upon death.
- Warlock Engineers are present and can gain the "Doom Rocket" ability. A ranged missile that splits into multiple missiles.
- Sieges are much the same as they are in Warhammer 1. Though other maps seem to have more variations with cliffs and other such obsticles being more frequent.
- "The Dreaded Thirteenth Spell" is present. It spawns a unit of Deathrunners (Gutterrunner champions) onto the battlefield.
- Plague Censor Bearers actually have animated flails.
- Gutterrunner units have a "Snare" ability to hold enemy units.
- Loyalty means Skaven lords can defect, taking their troops and forming their own faction if it gets too low.

There's also some talk that Dark Elf Black Arks are present as a moving, upgradable settlement that can contribute to land battles if nearby.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 11:53:03 am by Mech#4 »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: August 17, 2017, 11:33:22 am »

Man, I wish I had the money to get Warhammer 2 (and thus Norsca) right now. I must content myself in wrecking the norscan peninsula as Durthu for now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: August 17, 2017, 12:02:20 pm »

A whole lot of videos have been uploaded by various Youtubers covering gameplay and campaign footage for Warhammer 2.

Indiepride/MilkandcookiesTW: Lord Skrolk Rod of Corruption quest battle. Showcases Skaven vs Lizardmen.

Indiepride/MilkandcookiesTW: Clan Mors campaign start. Covers things like the "Food" mechanic, Skaven Corruption, skill tree for Queek and 4 rites Skaven can invoke for various effects.

Oakley/Invicta: Skaven unit card statistics.

Oakley/Invicta: Skaven campaign mechanics.

A few notes about things:
- Hell Pit Abomination has "Too Horrible to Die", meaning it either respawns when killed or spawns a unit of Skavenslaves upon death.
- Warlock Engineers are present and can gain the "Doom Rocket" ability. A ranged missile that splits into multiple missiles.
- Sieges are much the same as they are in Warhammer 1. Though other maps seem to have more variations with cliffs and other such obsticles being more frequent.
- "The Dreaded Thirteenth Spell" is present. It spawns a unit of Deathrunners (Gutterrunner champions) onto the battlefield.
- Plague Censor Bearers actually have animated flails.
- Gutterrunner units have a "Snare" ability to hold enemy units.
- Loyalty means Skaven lords can defect, taking their troops and forming their own faction if it gets too low.

There's also some talk that Dark Elf Black Arks are present as a moving, upgradable settlement that can contribute to land battles if nearby.

Doom rockets have saved me many a time on the table top, love them.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: August 17, 2017, 12:15:43 pm »

I certainly hope Skavens get the expendability of most of their troops right. The expendable tag should really do something for goblins as well.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 277