Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Game Over - Scum win  (Read 50185 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Day 1: A thin soup
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2015, 07:51:52 pm »

Peradon:

I dont see how these are contradictions. I was NOT defending origami. I was asked a question about my opinion, so I answered. I didnt say he was town, I said he seemed town. The reason I changed my tone in my post above was because I realised that we didnt really have anything on him, and he wasnt asking any questions worthwhile.

And I confronted mastahcheese because of the content of his questions. I could not have cared less about who he was questioning.
Hmm...
I cant really defend against this. All I can say is that I wasnt trying to buddy up with hector. He asked me my opinion, so I gave it. Why does this feel fake to you?

Fair enough. He sure seemed to be buddying up to you and you weren't really noticing or commenting on it, but earlier you brought up fears of me buddying you for significantly less of an interaction. Doesn't quite add up.

[/quote]
Well, I can only say I didnt notice him trying to buddy up to me, so I couldnt exactly compare that to what you were doing with mastahcheese.

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2015, 07:56:05 pm »

Shamrock: Maybe my view is different than yours, in that I find fake-claiming to be mentally painful. My view is that the truth works. If I'm town, I won't lie. If I'm scum, then I hate it. So no, I don't think about it. Especially this early.

There is the saying "it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it". Also trying to take the guesswork out of trying to get the wincon right would probably reduce the mental pain.

Hector:
Keep her lit.  ;D

Uh... sure?

Don't know what you mean, but sure!
Reference to a radio presenter also known as Hector.

everyone: What are your thoughts on Origami's no-lynch suggestion, and what I think was role-fishing?
I think he's just unsure of what to do on D1. Please point out the role fishing please.

+1 who is skintillant?
Comrade: The content in your posts seem to be confusing. Would you care to elaborate why you think origami is the towniest?
I don't know but he just feels like Scintillant a player in this game.. He just reminds of how Scintillant was playing at the time.

Sorry if I missed anyone but it's late and I'm tired. I'll try and get something better in tomorrow, schoolwork permitting.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Signups
« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2015, 09:33:57 pm »

Votecount
Comrade Shamrock: {0}
Dani: Peradon {1}
hector13: {0}
mastahcheese: Scripten, Comrade Shamrock {2}
Nerjin: {0}
origamiscienceguy: hector13 {1}
Peradon: {0}
Scripten: {0}
Zormod: {0}
Not voting:  mastahcheese, Nerjin, oragamiscienceguy, Zormod, Dani

Day will end Wednesday, January 28th, 8:00 PM SMT (GMT-7)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2015, 09:50:33 pm »

I think he's just unsure of what to do on D1. Please point out the role fishing please.

I disagree. On the first day, if everybody just randomly votes, there is a 7/9 chance that a town member would get lynched. I do not want to vote randomly for this reason. If I see someone acting scummy, I will vote for them. If not, I would rather wait one night to get some vital cop information (assuming we have one) and analyze the night kill. On day two, I would rather be 1 townie down than 2 townies down.

I'm not sure he was role-fishing, but also not sure that he wasn't. That's why I wanted to know what everyone else thought about it, see if I'm just being overly paranoid.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2015, 10:34:26 pm »

Nerjin & mastahcheese: Could you guys show up and start scumhunting, please? (Moreso the former than the latter.) I'm more than happy to lynch lurkers when one of those lurkers is an experienced player that I know to be more active in other games in which they were the IC. ;)

Dani

• Bay Watcher
  • Monstrous Nun
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2015, 06:26:43 am »

sorry for placeholder post I have a metric crapton of homework to do
I get home early tomorrow though, so if my requirements stop piling up, I'll post and stuff
A creature of habit.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2015, 12:52:09 pm »

Sorry guys, I was really busy the last few days. Let’s do some work now.

Spoiler: Peredon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scripten (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zormod (click to show/hide)

I’m going to go ahead and state that currently Peredon and Zormod are my current scum picks of day 1. The latter because he is active-lurking so hard you’d need a stick of dynamite to get through it.

Peredon for a few reasons. He claims that he viewed Deni as a slight scum read [as are all his reads really it seems] but the second the person he felt was most scum said something he flipped Deni right to the bottom of the list. Seemed a bit quick to me.

There was also the Hector/Peredon interaction that did strike me as a little “Good job scum-pal! Which of the town possible scum should we go after?”

It is for that reason that I will ask this:

Peredon why is it that you instantly flipped on Deni after your most suspected player stated one little fact? Zormod hasn’t participated much and you’ve stated yourself that he’s lurking pretty hard.

I also want to address the following outside of a spoiler. Unfortunately others have already weighed in on it but I’m going to go over it AGAIN because I wrote up this thing early and want to drill it into your new player minds.

Because, to get an emotional reaction out of them, I would have to convince them that I am convinced about them. And I can't do that without enough evidence.

Towards the end of the day, I will either vote for the person who acted the scummiest, and if nobody seems scummy enough, i'll just vote no lynch. In fact, until I see someone acting very scummy, I'll just vote No Lynch/cook

NO NO NO NO NO! NO! Stop! STOPIT! That is the WORST possible thing you can do. If you DON'T lynch then town gets absolutely no information. I always have to explain this.

Look at it this way: What do we learn if someone is lynched? Their alignment and who voted them. Then someone else dies and we know THEIR alignment. 2 alignments, several cases to examine.

What do we get if we no-lynch? One alignment and no cases to examine because we don't really know much. Just that one guy died and that any cases from yesterday might be valid still.

You should NEVER no-lynch in my opinion UNLESS you're taking the game from MYLO to LYLO. The reason there being that you eliminate one of the wrong answers.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 27, 2015, 01:10:03 pm »

Nerjin & mastahcheese: Could you guys show up and start scumhunting, please? (Moreso the former than the latter.) I'm more than happy to lynch lurkers when one of those lurkers is an experienced player that I know to be more active in other games in which they were the IC. ;)
I was out of town the past couple days, so my Internet access was sporatic at best.
I need some time to read over things.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 27, 2015, 01:31:04 pm »

I was out of town the past couple days, so my Internet access was sporatic at best.
I need some time to read over things.

Fair enough. My only worry is that deadline is RL tomorrow. On that note, I am not looking to lynch mastahcheese yet. Peredon, as I indicated previously, is suspicious. Willing to see what turns up here.

Unvote Mastahcheese
Vote Peradon

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 27, 2015, 04:08:48 pm »

On that note, I am not looking to lynch mastahcheese yet.
Why do you not want to lynch him yet, Scripten? From your wording, it appears that you will want to lynch him eventually, but I am a bigger threat. Why do you see me as a bigger threat? Is it because Nerjin voted me?

So you believe that everyone is possibly scum? That’s very interesting. But not overly helpful. I’d suggest that you start pursuing cases on your top three suspects.
I dont think everyone is scum. I just havent ruled anyone out yet. No one has acted too towny, but several have acted scummy.

There was also the Hector/Peredon interaction that did strike me as a little “Good job scum-pal! Which of the town possible scum should we go after?”
Like I said before, I did not see it like that, and I was just answering hectors questions. I cant really argue with this though, as it is all subjective.
It is for that reason that I will ask this:

Peredon why is it that you instantly flipped on Deni after your most suspected player stated one little fact? Zormod hasn’t participated much and you’ve stated yourself that he’s lurking pretty hard.
Zormod made a valid point. Dani wasnt posting any questions. The fact that Zormod pointed it out doesnt change the fact (Although now that I think about it, he could have been trying to deflect my vote.....). He is still a major suspect for me, but the fact that Dani wasnt posting any questions took me by surprise, so I voted on him.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 27, 2015, 04:18:57 pm »

Why do you not want to lynch him yet, Scripten? From your wording, it appears that you will want to lynch him eventually, but I am a bigger threat. Why do you see me as a bigger threat? Is it because Nerjin voted me?

My vote on Mastahcheese was due to mildly suspicious questions and to get us out of RVS. Your play has suggested that you are more likely to be scum. I'm not lining up a later lynch on mastahcheese as you seem to be saying, but am voting elsewhere right now because he's not caught up yet and cannot defend himself.

This reaction is moderate OMGUS.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 27, 2015, 04:27:24 pm »

My vote on Mastahcheese was due to mildly suspicious questions and to get us out of RVS. Your play has suggested that you are more likely to be scum. I'm not lining up a later lynch on mastahcheese as you seem to be saying, but am voting elsewhere right now because he's not caught up yet and cannot defend himself.

This reaction is moderate OMGUS.
What about my play seems scum? Is it the interaction with hector? Right now, that is the only point that I feel is valid that Nerjin made, and the only one you made.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2015, 04:29:03 pm »

Scripten: If your intention was to not lynch mastah, why did you use the word "yet" in the post I commented on?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2015, 06:30:02 pm »

What about my play seems scum? Is it the interaction with hector? Right now, that is the only point that I feel is valid that Nerjin made, and the only one you made.

That, your reaction to being voted, and the way you've scumhunted feel off to me. There's also been a small interaction between you and Hector13 that I haven't explicitly mentioned, though I did comment on it. You get cookies and town cred if you can go back, pick it out, and tell us what it is. Hector13 can be in on it, too.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 27, 2015, 06:59:31 pm »

That, your reaction to being voted, and the way you've scumhunted feel off to me. There's also been a small interaction between you and Hector13 that I haven't explicitly mentioned, though I did comment on it.

Are you saying that it is wrong to question someone after they vote for you? I didnt like the way you worded your post, so I called you out on it. It sounded like you were setting mastah up to be lynched, after you got me lynched. I found it suspect, so I said as much. What you were reading as an OMGUS, was a real concern, not just an attempt to get you off my back.

You get cookies and town cred if you can go back, pick it out, and tell us what it is. Hector13 can be in on it, too.
This smells like a trap, but I'll play.

I asked hector what he thought about the interaction between you and mastah. This was becauseI was running out of questions, and needed something new.

He answers and comes back at me with the same question. I am assuming this is what you are reading as buddying.

I give him my answer, and he comes back and complements me on a well thought out post. This probably helped cement your convictions of us buddying.

He then ask's what I thought about the rest of the players. I flagged him as nuetral. This is the only thing that I did that might be construed as buddying. The rest hector did. When I flagged him as nuetral, I did so legitimately.

If this isnt what your thinking of, then I have no idea.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27