Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 799946 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Something you should do asap (read: as soon as you have enough food/drink/shelter to afford to) is practice sewing by cutting up zombie clothing and then Disasemmbling a few rags that result, then using a sewing kit to practice on other spare clothing.  Once your skill reaches level 2 or 3, you can reliably repair/refit/reinforce your perfered clothing and make carrying stuff much easier.  Nothing is more annoying that a brute tossing you across the room, destroying your carrying sack and further reducing your speed.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile

I also forgot to mention the amazing power of throwing. Much like DF, throwing random crap lying around at enemies before they come near is basically free damage, or free skill gains before they come close. There's almost never any harm in baiting a zombie and tossing rocks at it before you enter the melee.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

Yeah, tossing random shit at enemies is awesome. In an emergency, all those tools you religiously carry around with you can become powerful ranged weapons, especially with the right bionic.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

Thrown objects can fend off enemies that you'd otherwise have no chance of hitting, like cougars, or enemies that would rip you to shreds if they closed the range, like moose. Rocks are really good for this, since they're so ridiculously abundant. Heavy sticks might work, too, if you're in a forest.
Nothing important here, move along.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, I've died a total of 3 times already. Once from a zombie dog catching me by surprise when I was sneaking through an alley, by an angry man with a flamethrower in a shelter, and then now by a horde when I chose to spawn in a house... And It was so much fun trying to get out of those! Attempt number 4, lets actually survive a day! :D
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there any way to increase the spawn rate of refugee centers? I tried to do it with mods but I wasn't able to. Setting my spawn inside one doesn't work either as the game is unable to locate any of them.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile

Man I would love to find a refugee centre. You only need static NPCs enabled to have it right? I still haven't found one yet sadly.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

I have both versions of npcs on, and I seem to find them in 1/3 games.  And I die on the first day in another 1/3 of my games.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've found only one since I started playing, while I was trying the desert_test region. I wish I was as lucky as you.

Pajama Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • Easy to Please
    • View Profile
    • Pajama Knight's Blog

If I change the spawn rate in my world file with static spawns on, will I get more zombies or will I have to leave the explored area first? Is it the same for monster stats?
Providing an opinion on things in desperate need of an opinion since 1989.

Pajama Knight's Blog - Videos, Games, and Musings

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA

Ptw.

acidia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice, great to see that developments are still being made!  I'm not sure who got around to finishing the infighting work or if they started from scratch but I'm impressed.  Last summer I got up to common attacks being used between factions but got pulled away to get spun up for a deployment that never ended up happening.  Not sure when I might be able to contribute something significant again but I could probably squeeze something in for the .D release if it is going to cover what I think it will.   :D

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did some test and now I'm 80% sure that random npcs are needed for the refugee center to spawn.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:12:43 pm by FArgHalfnr »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

I did some test and now I'm 80% sure that random npcs are needed for the refugee center to spawn.
If that's the case it's definitely not intended. The refugee center should be based on static NPC's spawning, not randoms.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If that's the case it's definitely not intended. The refugee center should be based on static NPC's spawning, not randoms.

I'd need to test a few more worlds to be more certain but so far the only worlds in which I found refugee camps had random npcs.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 451