Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 800027 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #2325 on: October 01, 2015, 12:51:02 pm »

Finally started experimentals.
Rollerskates aren't incredibly OP anymore... :(
thincake

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: October 01, 2015, 03:01:32 pm »

Stat leveling though indirectly, is finally a thing?
Neat.
It's a mod, yes. :P Not quite balanced enough for mainlining at the moment AFAIK.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: October 02, 2015, 02:03:20 am »

Anyone else have an issue where minifridges won't keep drinks cold? I've had one running for a couple weeks and after a while most of the drinks in it just warm up and won't cool down again, even if I take them out and re-load the fridge.

Looking more at this, I notice the drinks in glass bottles will get cold... canned ones won't. Not sure what else to make of that... should start repackaging all my drinks I suppose.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: October 02, 2015, 02:12:48 am »

Hmh, if you can level stats through skills, shouldn't stats be able to degrade too with skill rust? :P I can see that happening to physical abilities and at some level even to intelligence, but losing your sight is a bit weird.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: October 02, 2015, 04:27:34 am »

Stuff gets cold now? Cool.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: October 02, 2015, 04:47:39 am »

Anyone else have an issue where minifridges won't keep drinks cold? I've had one running for a couple weeks and after a while most of the drinks in it just warm up and won't cool down again, even if I take them out and re-load the fridge.

Looking more at this, I notice the drinks in glass bottles will get cold... canned ones won't. Not sure what else to make of that... should start repackaging all my drinks I suppose.
I think that's a bug with cans preserving heat: they won't get hotter, but they won't get colder either.
Do they get warm?
thincake

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: October 02, 2015, 12:42:10 pm »

I think that's a bug with cans preserving heat: they won't get hotter, but they won't get colder either.
Do they get warm?

*throws can in lava*
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: October 02, 2015, 01:07:01 pm »

I've never seen anything get hot, just the (cold) label when drinks are in the fridge, and the delayed rotting of food also in the fridge. I'll poke at it later and see what happens.

And yes, if you could toss a can of soda into a fire and have it explode to lure zombies, I'd totally abuse that.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: October 02, 2015, 03:16:26 pm »

Welp, Zombie Grenadiers are total bullshit. Its the infinite manhack problem multiplied by explosions.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: October 02, 2015, 03:32:10 pm »

Except the infinite manhack problem is only present in the stable. In the experimental they have very limited ammo. Also the grenade hacks go down in like one good hit each; with a quarter staff, 3 melee skill, and ample use of the "run" option I took on 3 elite grenadiers at once to help prove that they aren't total BS. It's possible, you just need to act in the right fashion to defeat them (same as with any of the more unique zombies).

The key to dealing with them is mainly to remember to not stand still for long, and to take shots at the grenadier as often as possible. Take the grenadier down and the bombs will stop coming.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: October 02, 2015, 05:05:50 pm »

And, after testing, switching drinks from cans into glass bottles won't let them refrigerate. So, it's the drink itself, I guess.

blazing glory

« Reply #2337 on: October 02, 2015, 11:13:02 pm »

So I need some help figuring out some things about two of my shotguns.

On one hand, I have a Remington 870, it uses shot, and these are its stats when loaded with shotgun slugs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On the other hand, I have an RM120c shotgun, it uses 20x66mm caseless as ammo, and these are its stats when loaded with 20x66mm buckshot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It also happens to be almost half as light as a Remington 870 loaded with shotgun slugs and slightly smaller then it.

So in theory it should be generally better then the Remington? With a bit more recoil making sustained fire difficult.

But it isn't, at point-blank the Remington scores Headshots and Critical hits with every shot, while the RM shotgun simply varies between average and Good hits, so what causes this?

The recoil is higher but I was under the understanding that recoil only affects shots after the first shot, and the first shot is just about the same as the rest when it comes to criticals.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: October 03, 2015, 12:07:36 am »

[I don't actually know but] Armour pierce maybe? It is only half of the other gun.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: October 03, 2015, 12:28:52 am »

In general the rivtech guns are lighter and smaller than others, at the cost of performance. They make okay backup weapons but not terribly great main guns with a few exceptions. Are you taking time to aim and make precise shots?
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 451