Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 800015 times)

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #2430 on: October 15, 2015, 07:54:18 pm »

Hunting become much more satisfying when your prey has a shotgun.
BRB teaching deer to shotgun
It's not quite a shotgun, but it would be a relatively simple change to give deer the turret special and some ammo. :P
Oh, I know that game.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deer_Avenger

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: October 15, 2015, 08:23:07 pm »

Hunting become much more satisfying when your prey has a shotgun.
BRB teaching deer to shotgun
It's not quite a shotgun, but it would be a relatively simple change to give deer the turret special and some ammo. :P
Oh, I know that game.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deer_Avenger

HURRRK NOSTALGIA, IT GOT ME.

I have distant but fond memories of the first 3 of those games.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: October 19, 2015, 09:36:15 pm »

The makeshift shotgun shot, slugs and beanbags all seem to have pre firearms update stats as does the reloaded shotgun beanbag.

Also, is the ruger 10/22 supposed to do less damage than the .22 pistols? Because something seems off about that.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: October 19, 2015, 11:11:57 pm »

divide encumbrance by 10, round down. That's the old number.

Warmth is only expressed as a total on the right in relation to ambient temp I believe.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: October 20, 2015, 03:19:22 am »

Doubleposting in a potential blind rage...

Is there some buggy shit going on with advanced inventory management or carts or something? I was reorganizing my house and just... fucking lost every single bullet, arrow, and 130 hydrogen that I've gotten this entire game. I have nothing left.

I never left the house and I've crawled over every inch of the place three times. Just gone. All of it. Thin fucking air.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: October 20, 2015, 02:04:38 pm »

Do the zombie grabs immobilize you completely, or what? I just had one of my longest running characters ever get swarmed and killed by regular zombies, from full health, wearing an armored NBC suit without even getting a chance to move. He wasn't terribly encumbered, and he's got decent speed, dodge, and unarmed skills.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: October 20, 2015, 03:23:31 pm »

Do the zombie grabs immobilize you completely, or what? I just had one of my longest running characters ever get swarmed and killed by regular zombies, from full health, wearing an armored NBC suit without even getting a chance to move. He wasn't terribly encumbered, and he's got decent speed, dodge, and unarmed skills.
Last I knew your chance of breaking free was based on your STR, but I haven't had a chance to look at that particular bit of code for quite a while so it might have changed.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: October 20, 2015, 07:29:09 pm »

Last I knew your chance of breaking free was based on your STR, but I haven't had a chance to look at that particular bit of code for quite a while so it might have changed.

If it is strength that might explain it, I'd brought him down to seven in chargen and he had a cold at the time (eating nothing but buckwheat flour, water, wild herbs/vegetables, bushmeat, and mixtures thereof probably isn't great for one's health.) I'm still sad to see him go though, 2 years is a damn sight longer than most of my characters last.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: October 21, 2015, 11:37:45 am »

One and two handed wielding? When did that go in? I see on the git that some items need to be wielded two handed and are potentially too heavy for one handed.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: October 21, 2015, 11:55:51 am »

One and two handed wielding? When did that go in? I see on the git that some items need to be wielded two handed and are potentially too heavy for one handed.
It's been in for years now AFAIK. Last I saw it was just more of a basic "if an item is over X volume/other requirements then you need to have two fully working hands to use it" type of thing, not like damage bonuses and offhand stuff and whatnot yet.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: October 21, 2015, 12:29:37 pm »

I vaguely remember grabbing something more tightly or something like that, but no dual wielding or anything. Is this more for having lost a hand or having a blaster arm?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: October 21, 2015, 01:12:12 pm »

Yep. Also vehicular combat.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2442 on: October 21, 2015, 03:06:10 pm »

or having a blaster arm?
Can attest to this having an effect, and is pretty much the main reason I never go for the arm blasters.
Sucks not having access to rifles when clearing out a city.
Suppose it's not too big a deal before that point, due to likely not having enough upper-tier ammo, but I aim for the long haul.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: October 21, 2015, 07:24:54 pm »

CDDA is gonna get a decent wave of new players soon. Quill18 just did a video on it.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: October 21, 2015, 08:04:56 pm »

He also prefers ASCII, which is cool.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 451