Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803084 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #2610 on: November 20, 2015, 12:23:44 am »

How do storage batteries work?  can they be charged by an alternator?  doe they need to be on the same tile as a solar panel to charge?  do chargers charge the nearest battery first or all equally?

An rv has a battery by a minifridge.  is that battery charginf when I turm on the engine?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: November 20, 2015, 01:37:09 am »

I think Mines need to be retouched a tad. They are incredibly easy, as there are only two threats in them until the finale. And of those, only one is a danger as soon as you see it.

That's because the true danger in mines is them generating in such a way that you go down some stairs and then there are no stairs for you to go back up ;) Unless that bug's been fixed.

But yeah, mines are too easy. I'd even go so far as to say that the only really dangerous thing that can happen in them is the terminal and fault-line finale.

Even that's not that bad. Honestly, I farmed the critters who spawned from there for a solid half-hour or so with Rapier + full Light Power armour getup a few versions ago. I haven't gotten there in quite a while, but the endgame stuff probably needs more bits in it. More eldritch stuff is something I approve of and the stuff you can do with the Fungal mutation path seems like its a bound in the right direction. I remember someone[Possibly GlyphGryph?] saying something to the following effect:

There are four main stages to the game:

1: Struggling. You run from problems, scavenge what you can and barely survive.

2: Planning. You organize trips into town for things for specific projects and take one even some of the nastier special zeds head on.

3: Changing. You start changing yourself and your immediate environment by mutations/bionics and by doing stuff like clearing the city you start in or establishing a heavily fortified steel deathmobile.

4: Ascendent. You start changing the game world, like by destroying/spreading fungal blooms or using nuclear weapons on slime pits.

Right now, stage 4 feels the most unfinished because there's an additional layer of interaction which is currently only vaguely there. Presumably as the faction/NPC stuff people are currently working on intensifies, stage 4 will become more fun.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: November 20, 2015, 04:38:33 pm »

NPC companions are a little bit strange. I just lost a relatively fresh character to a group of three zombies in an extended melee where they had me restrained but had trouble dealing damage through my armor. I had an NPC comrade, armed with a machete, but she just stood there and watched me slowly get pulled apart. I yelled at her a few times, and tried changing her engagement rules, but nothing I did could convince her to do anything but munch popcorn. Maybe she was mad that I took her shotgun, hehe.

Edit: I used debug mode to spawn her in, for what it's worth. There are NPC's in this game, but they are all dead.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 04:41:28 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: November 20, 2015, 04:58:38 pm »

How do storage batteries work?  can they be charged by an alternator?  doe they need to be on the same tile as a solar panel to charge?  do chargers charge the nearest battery first or all equally?

An rv has a battery by a minifridge.  is that battery charginf when I turm on the engine?
Like easily removable batteries, yes, I think so, all equally, and if it has an alternator.

Atleast, I think those are the answers to those questions.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: November 20, 2015, 05:53:40 pm »

Just a minor correction, but I don't think they need to be on the same tile.  Batteries will charge as long as they're in the same vehicle, or more generally in any vehicle connected to a power source (thus far, the only such way would be a vehicle connected via jumper cables to another vehicle).  My latest mobile base has swappable batteries along the sides and solar power along the center of the roof, and my stationary base has a massive network of jumper cables that network various workshops (each with its own standalone battery as a fallback) or standing lamps that ultimately tie to a large solar array out back.  None of them seem to have issues with charging.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: November 20, 2015, 07:41:26 pm »

Batteries will indeed charge anywhere on the vehicle. That's why you can have lots of solar panels but one battery,
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: November 20, 2015, 07:42:58 pm »

Well, theres one of the reasons why I only thought so. Wasent totally positive that the swapping batteries worked the same ways as normal ones.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: November 21, 2015, 11:20:56 am »

I recently tried to get into Cataclysm, but the version I downloaded had squares instead of letters, so I could not understand a thing. I suspect I might've been stumbled on defunct site, but this was a weird glitch. Does game have troubles with Windows 8 or multi-language system?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: November 21, 2015, 12:05:31 pm »

you can turn off tilesets in the options menu.  I know the stable release has no issues.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: November 21, 2015, 01:15:41 pm »

Well, it would be nice if I could find options menu.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: November 21, 2015, 01:17:40 pm »

Options
Using the left carrot over to graphics
Use Tile 'false'
PKs DF Mod!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: November 21, 2015, 01:22:37 pm »

Easier said then done. I think it's a font issue

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: November 21, 2015, 02:48:41 pm »

Was that console or graphics version?

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: November 21, 2015, 03:09:07 pm »

Let me guess, you are using a non english windows or something. This has happend before. I have no idea what the solution was.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: November 21, 2015, 03:11:23 pm »

Let me guess, you are using a non english windows or something. This has happend before. I have no idea what the solution was.
You guessed right. I also guessed this, but I can't find solution easily.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 451