Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803138 times)

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4110 on: November 18, 2016, 08:39:36 pm »

Hmmm, hit a bug in the refugee center. I accepted a quest from the old guard rep to kill some bandits. It popped up with an error saying it couldn't load something about the quest. I hit spacebar to continue and a bandit pops up right in the same room with me. Cue me getting headshotted with a crossbow bolt. I somehow managed to win that fight with just a single bar left of head, torso, and both arms. Ouch.

Easy to find bandit, I guess, and I got the reward from the quest but....that sucked. Almost lost a very promising character there.

Yep, iirc that happens when the game can't find/spawn a cabin for the mission so it just plonks the bandit in question right next to you.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: November 18, 2016, 09:11:19 pm »

Power armor helmets are separate items from power armor. I HIGHLY doubt you found both in the same Military Surplus store, given that I wasn't even aware it could spawn there at all, despite playing for years, and the fact that helmets are inordinately rarer than suits on top of that.

If you need a more graphical representation of how you died, go look up the paradisers from one punch man and what happened to them.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 09:12:59 pm by Kaitol »

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: November 18, 2016, 11:20:18 pm »

Power armor helmets are separate items from power armor. I HIGHLY doubt you found both in the same Military Surplus store, given that I wasn't even aware it could spawn there at all, despite playing for years, and the fact that helmets are inordinately rarer than suits on top of that.

If you need a more graphical representation of how you died, go look up the paradisers from one punch man and what happened to them.

Oh, I had virtually no head armour. I don't have any doubts about how I died. The mi-go was far too skilled and could reliable land hits on my exposed head. Either high melee skill targets the head more often, or simply the least armoured areas.

Funny thing is, my latest character is a cop from the police station scenario (Attack on Precint Z or something), and it just so happens she spawned in one such building quite close to were my power-armoured priest died. I've been able to kill the mi-go with a couple well-placed .45 shots, and salvage most of the holy man's equipment. Good times.

I later found an intact Beetle in some house's garage, and drove it to a ranch in the town's outskirts. Might make it my first base and storage area.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: November 18, 2016, 11:25:22 pm »

monster targeting works as thus:

-relative size
   bigger mons tend to hit higher body parts.  smaller one hit lower extremities

-skill
   more skill means more shots at the core body parts.  i.e. a big mon hits the head more with adequate skill and a small one the torso more with skill.

-dodge
    the Victim's dodge skill inverts the trend.

only special attacks may target eyes, mouth, hands, or feet.  in my mod i up special attacks.
   -bite
   -smash
   -guns
   -lunge

are examples of special attacks
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 11:27:42 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: November 19, 2016, 10:27:04 am »

RIP Kelly Sheridan, the cop character which managed to find my dead priest's power armour.

I was doing pretty well, driving around in my Beetle. Ran over some zombie scientists and various mutants and nabbed an ID card which I'd use to enter a nearby abandoned lab. Everything was swell until I opened one of the many doors the lab had, and an automated turret quickly unloaded on me. The power armour was great, but I got a serious headshot and pretty much died instantly. Had a hard hat on, but the turret's SMG just had an insane rate of fire.

A shame, but it's another learning experience. I have a better understanding of vehicles and crafting now.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: November 19, 2016, 11:26:24 am »

And you also hopefully learned why the Peek action around corners is very useful in labs. :V

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: November 19, 2016, 11:30:06 am »

It defaults to [X], iirc.
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: November 19, 2016, 11:31:58 am »

Spoiler: how do: labs (click to show/hide)
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: November 19, 2016, 03:07:20 pm »

MI-Go's!? Power armor? VW beetle? SWAT TRUCK!?

Wtf? Did y'all mod all this after Whale left? And where can I read a list of new additions from the base game?!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: November 19, 2016, 03:09:37 pm »

I know, right?  I don't actually play the game (such bindings much learning curve), but I love reading about all the crazy stuff.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: November 19, 2016, 03:12:47 pm »

MI-Go's!? Power armor? VW beetle? SWAT TRUCK!?

Wtf? Did y'all mod all this after Whale left? And where can I read a list of new additions from the base game?!

Mi-Go are part of the regular game... But normally you have to do something to fight one.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: November 19, 2016, 04:53:40 pm »

I haven't played in aaaaaaages.

It was fun, but once you got a proper set of gear... Boring as shit.

Do npcs and bases exist yet? I couldn't only stomach playing if there's something to do beside wander randomly.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: November 19, 2016, 05:07:03 pm »

Well, no.

Its still fairly much random wandering.

BUT

butbutbut

You could try a difficulty mod.  Like the one in my sig.
PKs DF Mod!

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #4123 on: November 19, 2016, 05:36:03 pm »

NPCs and bases *do* exist.
They're not ultra-intelligent or magnificent creations yet, but pisskop's not an unbiased party either.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: November 19, 2016, 09:37:31 pm »

Well, no.

Its still fairly much random wandering.

BUT

butbutbut

You could try a difficulty mod.  Like the one in my sig.
Could...you remove the tiny critters and spiders roaming about in your mod as an extra if it's possible? Or give directions how to do so? >_< I do not like the idea of me looking around and then surprise black widow right next to me, because it makes me panic and shoot everywhere or run in the opposite direction while looking back, usually away from what I'm doing and avoiding that patch of periods for quite some time. But I do like the mod in general.
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 451