Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 803085 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4515 on: February 12, 2017, 09:06:32 pm »

Create dirt mounts, apply seeds vai examining mound, apply fertilizer same way if desired, wait, harvest the same way.

Using vehicles means having ones with plows, seed drills, reapers, etc, all of which mean turning them on when needed and driving over the same tiles when required. Dont drive over them with the wheels. Having a vehicle scoop also helps.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: February 12, 2017, 09:07:26 pm »

Basically, apply a hoe or construct tilled ground from the *-menu(with a tool with digging 1). A hoe is instant(okay, one turn, I think), construction takes 20(30?) minutes.

Then {E}xamine the tilled ground with seeds in your inventory when the temperature is warm enough. Examine again with some form of fertilizer if you want, but from what I understand it doesn't help much.

After a few days/weeks in-game(varies with season length option iirc), it will be harvestable by examining it.

There are vehicle parts that do speed up plowing, sowing, and harvesting by doing these when the vehicle passes over a tile, but they seem fairly rare.

Unless it was changed from the last time I checked, oat gives you a massive amount of food, as not only do you get a lot of oat, oat can be milled for a lot of oatmeal per oat.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: February 12, 2017, 09:37:02 pm »

I know the mechanics of farming, I was wondering if there were any specific quirks to note about it.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: February 12, 2017, 09:42:25 pm »

I know the mechanics of farming, I was wondering if there were any specific quirks to note about it.

The only one I can think of is that, as far as I can tell, your crops will only update from mature to harvestable if they leave the reality bubble. It's a bit OP to be quite honest, I was able to feed myself with the fast metabolism trait for an entire year on the default 14 days/season with only 50 barley plants, and I still had enough to make the 1,428 units of vodka wort that can apparently fit into a fermenting vat, and that doesn't even include what I got out of ten plants each of garlic, canola, wild herbs, onions, and cabbage. I didn't even fertilize.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: February 12, 2017, 10:40:45 pm »

Survival skill apparently gives you more when you harvest, tho vehicle stuff does not get that bonus.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: February 12, 2017, 11:58:51 pm »

The difference between tender, caring touches on those juicy leaves or a giant rusty metal hook tearing through the innards of your innocent little tomatoes.

Stop plant murder, people! Tomatoes are friends, not food!
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: February 13, 2017, 02:35:42 am »

Tomatoes are friends, not food!

Someone has the salad mutation threshold, I bet. D:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Metalsoul212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: February 21, 2017, 11:45:12 am »

The screen of my laptop broke the day before the Android port for Cata came out, needless to say I still haven't gotten it fixed because it ālmost easier playing it on the phone!!!! Currently nearing the end of my first year in game with a nice deathmobile and plenty of cybernetic goodies. Never made it past the first couple months paying on the laptop..

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: February 27, 2017, 09:33:03 pm »

I seem to somehow have made the camera go off center and now it's aiming to the north of my character. I can't play like this. Anyone have any idea how to fix it? I was using one of the more recent versions.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: February 27, 2017, 09:42:47 pm »

Reload, change the window size, zoom-in/out?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: February 27, 2017, 09:53:54 pm »

Check in the keybind menu for the keys for "shift view". Or are you driving a vehicle?

-edit-

For reference, keybind menu is under "Esc", "Keybinds", because someone moved it.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: February 28, 2017, 12:14:03 am »

Check in the keybind menu for the keys for "shift view". Or are you driving a vehicle?

-edit-

For reference, keybind menu is under "Esc", "Keybinds", because someone moved it.

That's pretty much always what happens to me. A mistype here or there and suddenly I'm aiming one square right and my brain has a meltdown.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: February 28, 2017, 01:26:44 am »

Yep, those sneaky hotkeys were the problem. Thanks!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: February 28, 2017, 05:28:30 am »

No problem man.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: March 03, 2017, 09:02:35 am »

I'm looking at survivor runner packs and survivor backpacks. Not only does the backpack require more skill to make, it also give a worse encumbrance-to-volume ratio. Am I missing something or is just wearing multiple survivor runner packs the best idea?

EDIT: And while I have the latest question, I'll add another. If I have a hunting knife sheathed and try to butcher something with say, a sword in my hand. Will it prioritize the hunting knife for butchering or do I have to remove it from the sheath?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 09:57:11 am by Micro102 »
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 451