Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 799948 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #6300 on: April 01, 2019, 05:00:19 pm »

Nobody's against the idea of reinforcing metal stuff with an actual system that worked as intended. Thing is, nobody was going to add a system like that with a half-assed system for soldering scrap metal onto your car engine for better performance taking its place. Sometimes "good enough" limits contributors.
The typical approach by reasonable people is, therefore, to leave the system in place so that there's something while they work on an improved version.

Stripping out content to incentivize people to make a new version just so they can use the system again is a totally back-asswards way of doing things, and frankly is more likely to drive people away. It's the sort of thing someone with no understanding of human psychology or social dynamics would come up with.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6301 on: April 01, 2019, 10:33:02 pm »

id like to see the boats mod put into the main game, and more content and mechanics thrown in there as well.  Just to flesh the game out into more of a "simulation of post apocalyptic life"

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: April 03, 2019, 12:31:44 am »

One of the current core contributors, dpwb, had some really neat basic sailing mechanics underway. I think they've gone by the wayside for now as he's been doing a lot of the recent AI stuff... Which is better IMO but I hope to see the sailing come back some time
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: April 03, 2019, 01:39:42 am »

One of the current core contributors, dpwb, had some really neat basic sailing mechanics underway. I think they've gone by the wayside for now as he's been doing a lot of the recent AI stuff... Which is better IMO but I hope to see the sailing come back some time

all in good time of course.  The AI is also important to the base core of the game.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: April 08, 2019, 06:11:29 pm »

loving 0.D as well in its stable form

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: April 09, 2019, 12:55:43 am »

Looks like sailing quietly slipped into the current experimental along with a ton of other stuff. I'm honestly having a really hard time keeping track; apparently development hasn't ever been this active, which seems believable.

I'm in the middle of adding some of the held dialogue for the beggars and refugees in the refugee center. 0.E is definitely shaping up to be the NPC update.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6306 on: April 09, 2019, 08:23:06 am »

Sailing seems like such a far off goal for my current character who is quietly hiding in a makeshift shelter hoping the zombie horde goes the other way. Currently tending a broken leg and infected arm. At least I found a shedload of food on a bunch of soldier's bodies.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: April 09, 2019, 09:42:54 am »

Stopped updating at 8689. Seems like a lot of big changes are happening and I don't wanna screw up my save.

Currently driving around looking for interesting locations.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thinking it might be time for a top speed challenge. Plenty of long straight roads around but most of them are next to swamps. Giant frog + light vehicle going really really really fast = OH BOY OH BOY!
Ah well. World save is only 500MB so far. Just gotta keep going and find something safer.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6308 on: April 09, 2019, 10:22:16 am »

How does one normally find more recruit-able NPCs in order to establish a faction base? So I have found none, and I have turned them on. Do they normally hang out in specific locations? The NPCs at the refugee center and the other camp don't seem to care about me. Bandits just attack.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6309 on: April 09, 2019, 11:54:14 am »

Not sure about recent versions of cdda , but on the older one i use there's a "NPC Spawn Rate scaling factor" that by default was very very low, meaning i nearly never encountered any random NPC (i only meet static npc in place they are supposed to be) despite having enabled them + the static ones.

So make sure to increase a lot the default setting for this option (in World Defaults) if you wish to find random NPC around, no idea if you can modify the setting on an already created world.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6310 on: April 09, 2019, 12:06:22 pm »

Okay, will take a look. I'm not super sad about restarting my current bleeding-out near-dead adventure

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: April 09, 2019, 08:23:13 pm »

Not sure about recent versions of cdda , but on the older one i use there's a "NPC Spawn Rate scaling factor" that by default was very very low, meaning i nearly never encountered any random NPC (i only meet static npc in place they are supposed to be) despite having enabled them + the static ones.

So make sure to increase a lot the default setting for this option (in World Defaults) if you wish to find random NPC around, no idea if you can modify the setting on an already created world.

in 0.D up it to 1 or 1.5 you will get the odd npc encounter.  So far ive just gotten missions to kill dead npc relative zombies and whatnot.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6312 on: April 09, 2019, 10:47:39 pm »

I'm getting a bit frustrated at how little hydration the drinks you find in houses give. I can sometimes fill my 'food' bar entirely with calories from the drinks while my thirst meter goes from very thirsty to only thirsty. I also sometimes go to bed 'thirsty' and wake yo 'dehydrated'. This seems odd. Who goes to bed thinking "Man I'm slightly thirsty" and wakes up on the brink of death by dehydration

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: April 09, 2019, 11:56:44 pm »

I do, every day. I drink like five litres of water in the morning.
Love, scriver~

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: April 10, 2019, 06:23:18 am »

Running for your life 24/7 probably makes you burn more energy.
Anyway. Plenty of water to boil if you're in a town or city. Ovens for safe fires. Keep an empty can in your pocket and you have something to boil in. Close the curtains.
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 451