Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 799943 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #6555 on: August 11, 2019, 02:59:35 pm »

Note also that most zombies have the monflag that increases the damage their terrain smashing does based on how many of them are nearby (GROUPBASH if I recall).
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: August 11, 2019, 05:17:22 pm »

Slings only take a couple of seconds to craft though? It's been awhile since I checked.

I'm not sure how structure destruction by enemies work. Is it caused automatically just by moving or attempted movement or do they have some special "tear into things" action they can take?

Again awhile since I played, I assume it boils to them wanting to wander to a spot on the other side of a wall, but since they cannot path around an obstacle, when they do find something impeding their movement, they bash it. And you may be right about them zerging a wall, since bashing makes noise, zombies are attracted to noise and go towards the wall, bump into wall, then bash the wall and so on.
Turns have been 1 second for a while now, so depending on how long ago you last played, a few seconds is a lot longer than you might remember.

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: August 12, 2019, 01:02:23 pm »

ios porting is dead?

There is an iOS version. However, it's not that great.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: August 16, 2019, 11:28:41 pm »

ok tried something different this time with the latest experimental. magiclysm run at an evac shelter to test the magical stuff and other mods i dont usually run like medieval and historical weapons or national guard camp.

using magic feels all dandy until you find that your spells need to be studied in order to improve their performance so i spend more time using melee weapons because mana gets spent for just some damage against zombies. i havent even found the enchanting book to make the themed weapons, not really sure where to find them since its been quite slow to explore the nearest city.

so far its been close to 10 days into the cataclysm and things are looking promising, the only issue right now is that apparently, there may be giant worms in our midst. going to the nearest forest to look for water or clay has shown large swathes of mounded dirt, i even got to drag some carcasses of animals that have been killed by whatever is making the mounds. what i dont get is why my character hasnt been attacked yet. maybe its because if have the Light Step trait but then that gives another issue which is how to hunt down those things.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: August 17, 2019, 04:25:59 am »

light step might mean u aren't making enugh sound to attract its attention.  A handy hint, feed off its kills

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: August 17, 2019, 09:35:49 am »

light step might mean u aren't making enugh sound to attract its attention.  A handy hint, feed off its kills

that's what i did. but still, i want to get rid of the fuckers. dont like having monsters around.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: August 17, 2019, 03:57:51 pm »

Make a noise maker, or try yelling if you think you're around where they are.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: August 18, 2019, 06:59:08 am »

yeah throw a stone or a grenade in the general direction, or maybe some shallow pits with spikes

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: August 19, 2019, 02:25:46 pm »

Okay, so hear me out.

Thermos. Gallon. Jugs.
Love, scriver~

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: August 19, 2019, 02:45:09 pm »

ok updated to the latest version as of now and tried a megacity run. after exploring and looting the surrounding homes turns out one of the houses diagonal to my base is the same design from Rycon's Bran run so it had a "Broken Insane Cyborg" and a secret room with an Autodoc inside. i may be tempted to make this my new center of operations (just need to take down the brazier and other things). but im left with something, i struck down the cyborg and dont know what to do with it, i have the soldering iron and that stuff but i cannot dissasenble it (no scalpels or the like) and i dont feel like putting CBMs in my character to do it (wanted to opt for magic if i find the means). so im left wondering, would that cyborg revive after a while like the zombies? or i can leave it sitting on the side while figuring out how to break it down or convert it into something else?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6565 on: August 19, 2019, 03:35:01 pm »

Pretty sure the cyborg is just junk, it won't revive and iirc they don't even give you anything good when dissected

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: August 19, 2019, 03:49:18 pm »

It might just be from salvageable robots or whatever the mod is called, but it counts as a bot and has stuff like random electronics, a minireactor, a decent CBM or two, and a frame.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: August 19, 2019, 04:49:25 pm »

Yeah, you can harvest stuff from those ones IIRC.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: August 19, 2019, 05:20:29 pm »

well, can confirm they dont get back to life so everything good to go. almost all the essentials have been moved to the new location. if things keep getting like this i may be able to transform this house into a fortress, or at least into a competent hideout. the problem is finding books, there's a lot of hordes nearby and can only visit a few houses at times because of wounds. even with a Quarterstaff it seems i cannot block all the attacks from the zeds so i get hurt a lot and dont have enough light sources to practice skills.

EDIT: aaaand, dead again. a huge cluster of zombies was hiding in a basement.  well shit, the game doesnt want you to get all the important books without getting severely hurt so why not getting swarmed by some undead while checking on the lower levels.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 09:55:08 pm by xaritscin »

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: August 19, 2019, 10:26:24 pm »

It seems that nowadays zombies start as regulars and no brute acid or smoker there in the first few days.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 451