Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 121

Author Topic: RTD horrors  (Read 217203 times)

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors: apocalypse now! - game 3 running, waitlist open
« Reply #1155 on: October 14, 2015, 09:45:43 pm »

"Goshu"... Beautiful...

190 cultists: Attempt to detonate the nukes directly beside War(Ask their owner to activate them or something, unless thir owner is war then only do something)
33 armored armed cultists 50 trained armed armored cultists 2 fit armored armed cultists: Gaured for realz.
165 armored cultists + recognisable ones: Recrute Carp's 25 cultists away.
Goshu: Recruit people for me.
Has descended into madness

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 15, 2015, 12:56:24 am »

Rosabel: Continue countering War's influence.
100 cultists: administer zombie vaccine to as many cultists as possible. Then the civilians.
Mad Cultists: Research a way to stop Death.
Rest of cultists: Go out and research banishing ritual.
thincake

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 15, 2015, 08:07:45 am »

wait in my turn i rolled a six whats the good part i mean i was searching for a rift into this world and just a rift into a land of myth doesn't benefit me in any way.
and i wish people would post twice a week to every day i'm pretty sure everyone can manage.
You wanted a rift, I gave you a rift. Would I be expected to make it beneficial to drink poison if you decided to use a move on it?
no a six has to get my goal and a bit more than i bargained for in a negative way. like say "you find ALLLLL the rifts even one leading to earth but now you can't you remember where any of the rifts are" i get my goal (a rift to earth) but now i don't know how to get anywhere specific from this dimension not even to the carp plane without doing the very dangerous task of going through and looking or "you find three rifts straight above the almost agreed upon meeting point of your cultists but now your stuck falling out of one into the other and falling right back through the second again". and a retcon wouldn't affect anything at this point "wink wink" "nudge nudge".
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 08:12:33 am by carp »
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 15, 2015, 08:14:56 am »

ME: order goshu to HUG ALL THE THINGs
Cultists: GET IN THE SUBS (i totally forgot about those)
[/b](2 slash b's for extra deboldening)
double posted because this loner also lags like a bastard and i might as well use the extra post.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 08:16:38 am by carp »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 15, 2015, 12:56:41 pm »

wait in my turn i rolled a six whats the good part i mean i was searching for a rift into this world and just a rift into a land of myth doesn't benefit me in any way.
and i wish people would post twice a week to every day i'm pretty sure everyone can manage.
You wanted a rift, I gave you a rift. Would I be expected to make it beneficial to drink poison if you decided to use a move on it?
no a six has to get my goal and a bit more than i bargained for in a negative way. like say "you find ALLLLL the rifts even one leading to earth but now you can't you remember where any of the rifts are" i get my goal (a rift to earth) but now i don't know how to get anywhere specific from this dimension not even to the carp plane without doing the very dangerous task of going through and looking or "you find three rifts straight above the almost agreed upon meeting point of your cultists but now your stuck falling out of one into the other and falling right back through the second again". and a retcon wouldn't affect anything at this point "wink wink" "nudge nudge".
Already trying to bend the rules by going to earth without a summoning ritual and now you want me to retcon your stupidity into your favor? No, the others can at least argue that they're trying to do well or that I'm being unfair, but if you're going to take actions with no guarantee of payoff, then you get what you get. Next time, you might want to ask whether it is possible to find a rift to Earth by sniffing around the planes of reality before going on a wild goose chase for it.

I will say it is possible, but only with a critical success. Anything else won't get you any closer to Earth.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 15, 2015, 01:02:18 pm »

100 cultists: administer zombie vaccine to as many cultists as possible. Then the civilians.
thincake

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 15, 2015, 02:30:07 pm »

Counter: [6] Your strength drives his power back, to the point that war decides he needs to kill you first to stop you from getting in his way. (Targeted by war, but exempt from his power for [1] more turn)
Zombie vaccine: [2] They are unwilling to take the vaccine. What a bunch of petulant children!
Stop death: [4] They discover that in addition to Death being weak to distractions like chatting with adorable cats, Death is unable to harm the undead with his power. The book mentions a ritual exists which can make normal people into a pseudo-undead that would gain the benefits, but they aren't able to find the other ritual before the turn runs out. (Death can't harm undead, aware of False death ritual)
Banish: [2] They get chased out of the library. Apparently trying to set up a ritual circle in the common area is frowned upon in this establishment.

Inquisitors: Tear down the chapel
[5] The Chapel offers little resistance to them pulling out the supports, and they also bypassed the defenses without casualties! The bastards! They even stole some of your food while you weren't looking! (lose base, [2] turns of food stolen)

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 15, 2015, 03:25:41 pm »

Already trying to bend the rules by going to earth without a summoning ritual and now you want me to retcon your stupidity into your favor? No, the others can at least argue that they're trying to do well or that I'm being unfair, but if you're going to take actions with no guarantee of payoff, then you get what you get. Next time, you might want to ask whether it is possible to find a rift to Earth by sniffing around the planes of reality before going on a wild goose chase for it.

I will say it is possible, but only with a critical success. Anything else won't get you any closer to Earth.
i was joking about the retcon that's why i put in the "wink wink nudge nudge" but mostly it didn't seem clear so i would've appreciated if you had just sad something like"[irrelevant] there is no earth rift" and i just posted the new horror because i had an idea for it i still want fragdragül as my horror next game.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 03:28:23 pm by carp »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 15, 2015, 03:48:07 pm »

~snip~
i was joking about the retcon that's why i put in the "wink wink nudge nudge" but mostly it didn't seem clear so i would've appreciated if you had just sad something like"[irrelevant] there is no earth rift" and i just posted the new horror because i had an idea for it i still want fragdragül as my horror next game.
There obviously is an earth rift, it's open and stabilized, but the odds of finding the other end of it in the entire multiverse are astronomical. gameplay wise it's a 1-in-6 chance, but being able to hop straight to earth on a whim is a valuable ability, and simply sifting through rifts to find a way there seems, at least to me, like it should carry more personal risk than performing a summoning ritual.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 15, 2015, 03:50:04 pm »

The Horsemen have been updated in the original post, and starvation is starting to set in now, good luck. Also, I'm collapsing Carp's groups since he's not even using them.

End of Turn 32R#@req3j3q2re
score:
Unescargot (DEAD): summoned, getting old
-cultists: regrets
-Items: veteran memoirs, charm of tunneling ((buried in the gut of an invisible monster)), Anthaju's flesh
-Inquisitors: 40 lightly armed inquisitors, inquisitorial demolition hirelings, inquisitors activated and attacking Puff puff.
-Other: host of ihatecarp.com, knows ritual of fading strength, knows self banishing ritual,  very bad PR, knows power swap ritual, knows yoga, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, knows ritual of temporary possession {req host and possessor horror, charm of channeling}, knows ritual of Create Reaper {req Anthaju's flesh}
--Puff Puff (GONE): banished to the 5432545th dimension, plush toy that looks just like him, 50 armed cultists

Tavern wench (DEAD): summoned, sunburn [+1 to damage taken]
-cultists: 145 fit armored armed cultists, high morale, can reach Famine easily
-Items: base in the barren desert (breached), has mercury, access to Orb of Stability 1, [4] turns worth of food, 50 captured inquisitors
-Inquisitors: 20 inquisitors, 25 well trained inquisitors, 5 inquisitors in high places, have [6] turns worth of food, Inquisitors activated
-Other: well known, bad PR, leaderly campaign started well, refugee organization made, knows stability summoning {req mercury, consumes orb of stability, can sub Dragon blood [causes injury]}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}
--Crux the mad (DEAD): killed 10% of Earth's population
--"Wine and beer with Tavern Wench" talk show: mid range ratings
-+"Booze: the magic poison" talk show: mid range ratings

TROG (DEAD): summoned, vanished into the abyss
-cultists:
-Problems: despised by humanity
-Items: has dragon blood
--GORT(DEAD): 124 mummies
--KONG(moderately wounded): hallucinating, berserk

Anthaju(DEAD): summoned, resting in peace
-cultists: 55 cultists, 15 reapers
-Items: has a flooded pyramid with a shoddy shack on top for a base, has money, prepared self banishment ritual, has metal, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: 3 strong mummy inquisitors, 20 inquisitorial reapers, inquisitors activated
-Other: has weighed Unescargot and TROG, knows self banishing ritual, destroyed Orb of Stalwart 4, knows ritual of fusion, bad PR

Koshu: Summoned, Has given up on personal ambitions for Earth, has a headache (doesn't really do anything)
-Cultists: Fled for greener pastures
-Items: has a few spaceship components, has extra spikes, watch mirrors set up, has dragon blood
-Inquisitors: Pursued their prey
-Other: loved by humanity, satellite launched, community improved, knows "cascade" ritual,

Rabe (DEAD): summoned, can drown people and detect beards/alcohol, paranoid, afraid of water, afraid of ghosts, slightly depressed, second in command of CARP's cult, has Koshu's assistance
-Goal: Create a civilization that has harnessed the sun and made off-planet colonies, create a Miskatonic university that doesn't get blown up (and ideally accomplishes its goals of understanding the eldritch)
-Cultists: 190 cultists, 190 cultists (stalled 1 turn), 165 armored cultists, 33 armored armed cultists, 50 trained armed armored cultists, 2 fit armored armed cultists, 10 well trained astronauts, 10 recognizable armored cultists, 150 ghost friends, 15 well trained astronauts on the MOON!
-Items: has sturdy base with defenses (20 gun turrets), knows location of Lunar Orb of Stalwart, has dragon blood, has grand training center, has hidden bunker, has dragon blood, space suits, hazmat suits, roughshod rocket safety equipment, space rocket {req fuel}, partially gathered more dragon blood, has [3] turns of food
-Inquisitors:15 armored inquisitors, have gasoline
-Other: posters put up, campaign for president started, very bad PR,  requested Koshu's permission to summon him, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, aware of power store ritual, knows power swap ritual {no cost}, can access Alterworld via giant robot
-Achievements: destroyed Orb of Stalwart 1, second in command to carp's faction, founded Miskatonic University, created Kitten Industries, shamed by cookie-Cthulhu, discovered Alterworld
--Kitten Industries: 261 armored cultists, 50 tired armored cultists 15 recognizable armored cultists, has a bunch of molds/casts for stuff (weapons, armor and missile shells are the important ones), has materials for starfruit jelly, covered in enhance poison wards
--Goshu (uninjured): Ordered to attack Koshu

DF CARP (lightly injured): rather calm, thinks TROG is carp, ageless and better with psychic power, regained swimming power and control of carp, temporarily allied with TTU, trapped in an oven in the land of Myth
-goal: CARP LIFE
-Cultists: 65 cultists, 10 english cultists, magic dragoncorn mount
-Items: Delicious sandwiches, a bunch of motorized submarines working properly, a shallow ditch, whiskey, cashews, bread, aboveground pool, located unobtainable nukes
-Inquisitors: 90 inquisitors, inquisitors destroyed Orbs of Stalwart 3 and 5
-Accomplishments: has turned into a DF carp (it's what you always dreamed of), destroyed the focus stone, found portal to world of Fables, found green portal, summoned the horsemen
-Other: CARP LIFE 4 EVAR, going crazy, horrible PR, campaigning for mayor of Tijuana and doing very badly
-Rituals: knows rain dance {req 50 cultists}, knows ritual of sunshine {req whiskey and light}, knows summon to europa {req fruit [fresh], bread, cashews, consumes English cultists}, knows summon horsemen ritual {consumes 7 seals}
--GOEARERKSFLES (DEAD): unending hunger,  mass: 200, physique +2
++War: power doesn't affect Rosabel for [2] turns, targeting Rosabel
++Death: stalled for [3] turns, +1 power, can't harm the undead
++Pestilence: Smells funny
++Famine is vulnerable to TW's cult

Rosabel (lightly injured): summoned, has seal rift ability, read self help book, has a migraine, targeted by War, knows Brandishing spell
Cultists: 185 armed cultists, 360 cultists, 100 surgeon cultists, 100 horrific armed cultists, 43 heavily armed cultists, 476 armed mad cultists, 25 assassin cultists, morale high
Items: has dragon blood, has gold block, has dynamite, has tallow candles, has brutal defenses, has chalice of healing, injured people in chapel, has surgical tools and first aid kits, [8] turns worth of food
Inquisitors: discredited, 717 inquisitors, 80 trained inquisitors, inquisitors have destroyed Orb of Storms 1 and Orb of Stalwart 2, know ritual of warming {req whiskey}, have [2] turns worth of food, inquisitors active
Rituals:knows gold summoning ritual {req gold block, dragonblood, tallow candles, causes weakness}, knows ritual of summon oranges {req chalk}, knows circle of healing ritual {req cultists, wine, and candles}, knows ignite mortal ritual {req gasoline, consumes cultists}, knows sacrificial summoning ritual {requires Dragonblood, consumes 500 sacrificial cultists}, knows hold rift ritual {consumes solid material}, aware of False death ritual
Other: very good PR, community improved, excellent PR, has zombie vaccine, buried the dead again, knows how to hide horrific appearances, publicly known
Temporary: 100 civilians

Other: Poison widely available, 10% of Earth's population gone, cascade impossible, everyone is on psi-net, Lunar Orb of Stalwart has a carp in it, Rift stabilized at [9] turns, has rained in California

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 15, 2015, 10:47:13 pm »

50 cultists: Preform the reaper creation ritual!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 16, 2015, 11:13:43 am »

50 cultists: Preform the reaper creation ritual!
[4] They successfully turn themselves into flying reapers identical to the ones Anthaju was creating. Let's see who the deathiest Death is now! (50 cultists become reapers)

Starvation: [irrelevant] Reapers don't eat, silly!

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 17, 2015, 05:00:59 pm »

"Goshu"... Beautiful...

190 cultists: Attempt to detonate the nukes directly beside War(Ask their owner to activate them or something, unless thir owner is war then only do something)
33 armored armed cultists 50 trained armed armored cultists 2 fit armored armed cultists: Gaured for realz.

gunna do my turn?
Has descended into madness

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 17, 2015, 07:22:43 pm »

100 cultists: Kill Famine!
45 cultists: Continue running the show.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 17, 2015, 08:06:27 pm »

"Goshu"... Beautiful...

gunna do my turn?
Well, I was considering skipping it, but since you asked so nicely...
Nukes? [4] You miraculously hid some nukes so well that nobody knew you had them until now. Unfortunately there isn't time to ready them and fire them from their hiding place in one turn. (have access to nukes)
Gaurd: [6] They begin feverishly glancing around the base and firing at anything that moves. Perhaps they should stop firing at their buddies though... Luckily, the trained ones hold themselves back better than their finicky bretheren. (-35 cultists)
REcrutse: [3] You manage to steal exactly 15 cultists, despite the fact that with that much manpower you could've stolen more. If only they'd asked more than 25 people to join them, maybe they would've gotten 25 to agree... (25 cultists stolen from CARP)
Give other orders to Goshu: [1] They don't get through, and you seem to be losing contact with him. (bond with Goshu weaker) ((It wouldn't have mattered, no recruiting because there's a war on, unless you're Rosabel with her healing hope powers counteracting it))
Goshu: Kill Koshu
[3] The powdery monster rubs menacingly against the obsidian monolith, getting a bit of chalky residue on it. It causes them both great distress. (both Goshu and Koshu lightly wounded)

Starvation: [4] Your cultists resort to cannibalism due to the lack of food in your base. Those who starve first are the ones carrying the most weight, and their corpses are eaten by the survivors. (-100 armored cultists, -100 armored cultists from KI)
[no roll] Your cultists eat some of the bitter-leafed plants they gathered earlier. Better than starving.
100 cultists: Kill Famine!
45 cultists: Continue running the show.
Fuck hunger! [4] They beat the snot out of the skinny bastard that's forcing those poor saps under Rabe to go hungry using their amazing physiques. His horse manages to carry him away before they deliver a lethal blow, but his neck is NOT supposed to bend that way... (Famine mortally wounded)
Showtime: [1] They try to get the show running, but due to an amusing series of coincidences they break every single camera in the studio and can't broadcast until they are replaced. (Technical difficulties with show)

Inquisitors: This rationing sucks, kill Famine also!
[6] They use some weird martial art to... just kidding, they body slam Famine and choke him to death. His horse tramples several of the inquisitors while they do it, but Famine dies and his power will unravel at the end of the round. A worthy sacrifice so they don't have to eat this thistle broth anymore. (Famine is DEAD, -20 inquisitors)
Hunger: [no roll] (Both you and your inquisitors lose 1 turn of food, but you probably won't need to stockpile anymore)
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 121