Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 162094 times)

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1275 on: January 03, 2017, 01:29:05 pm »

How this game still doesn't have a replay system is beyond me. Just had my first sextuple kill ruined by a goddamn janky 3rd-party software (playstv crashed midway through the play, I tried other programs but ultimately failed), couldn't properly record it for almost two hours which ended in OBS crashing not just by itself, but also taking the game with it... Now all of the highlights are gone of course.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: January 03, 2017, 03:52:09 pm »

There's a new King of the Hill map out, Oasis. I guess when they said early 2017 they weren't kidding.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: January 03, 2017, 05:32:32 pm »

How this game still doesn't have a replay system is beyond me. Just had my first sextuple kill ruined by a goddamn janky 3rd-party software (playstv crashed midway through the play, I tried other programs but ultimately failed), couldn't properly record it for almost two hours which ended in OBS crashing not just by itself, but also taking the game with it... Now all of the highlights are gone of course.
If you've got an NVidia GPU, the management software comes with a free recording program (Shadowplay) which is actually pretty good.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: January 03, 2017, 08:12:11 pm »

If you've got an NVidia GPU, the management software comes with a free recording program (Shadowplay) which is actually pretty good.

Unless of course you happen to run Windows 10, then it just won't record either...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: January 03, 2017, 09:13:42 pm »

Unless of course you happen to run Windows 10, then it just won't record either...

Works fine for me on Win10.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: January 03, 2017, 09:26:10 pm »

The instant replay feature is nice. It has some annoyances though (eg by default it doesn't record your own mic).

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: January 03, 2017, 11:58:30 pm »

Amd, alas.

Or you could just use OBS.

I did, it crashed the game :<

https://gfycat.com/HiddenFamiliarChevrotain - This is all I got left (from my attempts to record it with MSI afterburner), I have no idea why quality is so bad, considering that I had everything maxed out in setting and made multiple recordings with various encoding methods and such.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: January 05, 2017, 06:11:11 am »

Got myself a second Overwatch account on the cheap during the holidays so I can play competitive with friends or soloqueue without wrecking my main rating. If you're looking for someone to have fun or practice with in competitive, you can add IggyDrad#1900

Shouldn't take too long to get 25 levels and get things rolling.

Edit: Leveling a new account as a support main and being thrown with newbies is like trying to herd lemmings with guns :/
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 03:45:52 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: January 11, 2017, 05:32:34 pm »

PTR Patch Notes

Emote Wheel
Players can now equip up to 4 emotes, sprays, and voice lines from within the hero gallery
Voice line and emote submenus can be accessed using the left and right mouse buttons from within the Communication wheel
Players can now bind individual sprays, emotes, and voice lines to unique keys or mouse buttons

Cool.

Ana

Biotic Grenade
Healing boost on allies has been decreased by 50%
Developer Comments: The healing boost from Ana’s Biotic Grenade was providing too much healing, especially when used on targets with large health pools.

I generally focus on using Ana's grenade offensively, so this shouldn't affect me too much. She's already got the strongest single-target heals, so a nerf to aoe heal shouldn't hurt her to bad.

D.Va

Health increased from 200 to 400
Armor decreased from 400 to 200
Fusion Cannons
Bullet damage decreased from 3 to 2
Number of bullets per shot has been increased from 8 to 11
Developer Comments: D.Va’s armor often made her feel like she had no weaknesses, even against heroes that are often effective against bigger targets (like Reaper). The changes to her Fusion Cannons will result in a small overall decrease in damage, but they should feel more consistent now.

Armor balance seems fair. That 31% damage nerf seems harsh though, considering that her guns were already pretty weak. Now she does less damage, and can't survive to keep damaging enemies as long, which is going create a synergy making her much less effective.

Roadhog

Chain Hook
Targets are now pulled directly in front of Roadhog (rather than straight to him), except in cases where Roadhog drastically rotates
Hooked targets are now released if they leave Roadhog’s line-of-sight before being pulled
Line-of-sight checks (which detect if targets should be initially hit by the hook) are now done from Roadhog’s position, rather than the hook’s position
Developer Comments: The hook should now feel more consistent for Roadhog players, but it should also feel more reasonable to his enemies, as they cannot be hooked or pulled around corners anymore.

Those corner-hooks were always annoying on the receiving end. Roadhog was already regarded as one of the least capable tanks defensively however, and I'm concerned this may only make him even less desirable. Some small defensive buff would probably leave him in a good place.

Sombra

Hack
The time it takes to hack a target has been decreased from 1 second to 0.8 seconds
Developer Comments: Sombra often had difficulty hacking enemies, even when she surprised the target. This change should help her execute hacks more easily.

Nice to see Sombra getting some love, but I'm not entirely convinced this will move her from her current status of the least desirable overall hero for competitive.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: January 11, 2017, 06:33:44 pm »

Looks like an 8.3% damage reduction, not 31%, because the number of shotgun pellets increased.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: January 11, 2017, 06:41:06 pm »

D.va will do like 2 less damage per shotgun burst.  That's more like a 10% decrease.

Sombra's buffs won't amount to much.  Even if you get the hack off, most of the cast can beat her in a 1v1.  The only viable gimmick she has going for her is that her ult charges the fastest and can win you a team fight by preventing ultimates and disabling tank barriers.  (Today's PTR patch also decreased hack's cooldown to 8, but who cares.)

Roadhog will probably be fine.  His only goal was to gain easy 6v5 advantages by one-shotting people within a 10 meter radius of him.  He can still do that, and in some cases it's easier because now the game deliberately puts them in the right position for hog to do at least 200, so he'll always get that one hit.

Even if Ana's jarate did 0 healing whatsoever she would be in every match.  She still has two abilities that can just win team fights (decade long sleep disable, and the ability to just outright negate the enemy support's healing).  She still has the highest HPS out of the supports, and can still do decent damage offensively.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: January 11, 2017, 07:11:11 pm »

The D-Va nerf is more severe than it looks because it changes how her dropoff works (bullets now go 2->1 instead of 3->2). At long range it's more like a 30% damage cut.

In the most recent patch they made Ana's grenade last one second less and made it so that Roadhog's hook doesn't break every single time. Also Sombra's hacking cooldown was reduced.

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: January 12, 2017, 03:31:54 am »

Good, D.VA was unbearable, where are them s76 nerfs though? I'm still wondering why did they buff the most boring, entry-level heroes (like d.va and s76) to this level in the first place, I barely play nowadays because meta has never been so stale.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: January 12, 2017, 04:42:24 am »

I stopped playing Overwatch for about a week (got really into vermintide for a while), and since I started again, each of the five instances I've been placed into a server with eleven other people (I refuse to describe these as games) there's been a three-or-four-man group who have inevitably had two of their number play Hanzo and Widowmaker, with the last, who waits, as though to fill in the gaps of the remaining composition, sees that there's no healer and invariably goes Zenyatta. The game has been rendered just about unplayable seemingly without any actual change in mechanics, just dickheads playing meme strategies without apparently ever getting sick of being curbstomped.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: January 12, 2017, 05:45:24 am »

Yeah, I've had a few of those too lately. Meme teams (temes?) of hanzo/widow/bastion/torbjorn/sombra/not a healer, the usual "u idiots need to stop them" from Xthebestsniperx, the odd "kill yourself faggot", and lopsided quick play matchups. As it is, I think I'm starting to burn out a bit on Overwatch.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 107