Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37

Author Topic: Roll To Space Pirate. Rebooting a Pair of Boots and a Parrot. (Players wanted~)  (Read 57527 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm assuming that psionics work like psykers do in 40k, so it's basically magic.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Not exactly. There are rules behind psionics insetting. Psykers in 40k are basically "I can do this because I can"

Psionics require several organic structures in the brain, the specific structures define what the person is capable of. There are certain augments, mechanical and biological that can amplify. The grade of power is dependent on the willpower and sheer amount of mind of the given person or persons can project, hence why psionically active races using groupminds aren't plausible to attack, if a section of a race as a whole directs their minds towards a psionic projection, usually channeled through a specific entity with the requisite organic structures, the result can be devastating. If the entity isn't meant to channel the energy, they will fry themselves and probably others in a cataclysmic explosion. KX9 Mindforms, specifically 63's are a good example of fit entities. Mechanical augments can enhance the potential output as well. Some ships Kirvėk and KX9 ships are built specifically to be giant amps.

Minor augments, like the one Kit uses are commercially available and just provide a root for the organic structure to grow around, often taking months to years before psionics manifest, major augments such as ships or external gear or mechanical additions to the cerebrum only amplify existing structures. Psionics usually cause mental instability as well. The KX9 dealt with this by shifting all mental backlash to an utter lack of motivation to do jack shit. Most KX9 psions act like housecats. Sunbathing, relaxing, eating food, and being lazy. The Kirvėk on the other hand directed the backlash to a lack of individuality, psionic Kirvėk Nodes don't have the capability to think for themselves or develop any sort of identity. They're sapient, they just are part of a hivemind rather than individual entities.

Psionics can technically appear as magic, but there are strict limits to what a single psionic entity can do. Both in terms of potential capabilities and what specifically they can do. Sinvara's character for example is limited to very specific things and relatively minor, they also caused psychosis, if he had an amp, he could do a helluva lot more.

blazing glory

Annnd done.

Probably.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dumping stuff here later, as I'm the original GM my sheet must be on the first page!

Lessee..new character or character based on old character...
Spoiler: Char (click to show/hide)
This works. Nothing in the misc? No fluff items from her previous life or the year she spent onstation? Nothing for memories of the past?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

-character stuff-
Am I right in understanding that your endgame character vision is a supersoldier mercenary, whos weapons (much like most modern FPS games) are automatically better for him being the person firing them?

Neither nanites nor psionics generally work like that, and if they did then everyone would be using them, but...
didn't Kevak say something about Abnomolous stuff? basically an item along the lines of stuff from the SCP foundation?
why not try asking for a character that is the bearer of some magic deathbobble that provides such an effect, at the drawback of compulsions to murder people? compulsions he would keep under control through his mercenary work?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

blazing glory

Dumping stuff here later, as I'm the original GM my sheet must be on the first page!

This works. Nothing in the misc? No fluff items from her previous life or the year she spent onstation? Nothing for memories of the past?
Hrm..

Doing a quick edit, then you can add it with the rest.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hrm..

Let me know when when you finish~

-character stuff-
Am I right in understanding that your endgame character vision is a supersoldier mercenary, whos weapons (much like most modern FPS games) are automatically better for him being the person firing them?

Neither nanites nor psionics generally work like that, and if they did then everyone would be using them, but...
didn't Kevak say something about Abnomolous stuff? basically an item along the lines of stuff from the SCP foundation?
why not try asking for a character that is the bearer of some magic deathbobble that provides such an effect, at the drawback of compulsions to murder people? compulsions he would keep under control through his mercenary work?
More or less, we're talking about it in steam as to what specifically is going on to achieve that effect.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

This'll probably need some more work, probably forgot some things. More skills, maybe?

Spoiler: Stat Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Loresheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 11:32:07 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

blazing glory

Hrm..

I did say it was a quick edit, I finished about a minute after I posted that.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This'll probably need some more work, probably forgot some things. More skills, maybe?

Spoiler: Stat Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Loresheet (click to show/hide)
More skills prolly make sense.

Hrm..

I did say it was a quick edit, I finished about a minute after I posted that.
Shall add.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

I suppose I could declare myself ready to play, but any final comments about my character?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

blazing glory

I suppose I could declare myself ready to play, but any final comments about my character?
I'm having issues figuring out how a spidersilk vest would stop bullets, even in a sci fi setting.

Unless they are Space Spiders that is.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm having issues figuring out how a spidersilk vest would stop bullets, even in a sci fi setting.

Unless they are Space Spiders that is.
Spacekevlar that has spidersilk outer layer?

I'll create a new character. My last one was too gimmicky for my taste.

Spoiler: Mathias Rook (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lore (click to show/hide)
This works. Any additional changes? Or should I put it in the OP?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Spidersilk is extremely tough, maybe it is bulletproof in vest form? Problem is, it's really hard to gather it in enough quantity to to test that. I'd say it's plausible though. Genetically engineered spiders or transgenic other creatures might be needed to get the silk in enough quantity, unless the armor is super expensive.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

Spider silk has a higher tensile strength than kevlar, afaik, which is what matters.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37