Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185739 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 1:Creation
« Reply #165 on: May 30, 2015, 08:59:59 pm »

one crux and one essence to the rod star
Ow, that actually hurts. I probably shouldn't do that too often.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 30, 2015, 09:01:56 pm »

Liram quits its brooding.

Very interesting layout... but very empty nonetheless, but how are mortals supposed to navigate their massive world with no major landmarks in the heavens to chart, beyond the star? This world I imagine is... huge, huge enough to wrap around a hydrogen fusing body. One can only imagine the size of it's plains, and... oceans.

"I would be willing to collaborate on the creation of other celestial bodies...as long as they have aspects similar to the Mad Moon."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 30, 2015, 09:07:33 pm »

Very interesting layout... but very empty nonetheless, but how are mortals supposed to navigate their massive world with no major landmarks in the heavens to chart, beyond the star? This world I imagine is... huge, huge enough to wrap around a hydrogen fusing body. One can only imagine the size of it's plains, and... oceans.

"I would be willing to collaborate on the creation of other celestial bodies...as long as they have aspects similar to the Mad Moon."

Madness-inducing night sky? How is that going to benefit anyone, even you? We're talking about something that will harm pretty much anything that lives.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 30, 2015, 09:11:41 pm »

"You desire...a Torus-shaped star, Lauxal...?...or a Torus world...upon which your creations have abounding places in which to roam...or do you wish for a spherical world...in which your beasts may traverse...the whole of it's surface...given time"
"A Torus world."

Madness-inducing night sky? How is that going to benefit anyone, even you? We're talking about something that will harm pretty much anything that lives.
"It will even harm some things I plan to create that do not live. So don't make Mad Moon, or I will kill you Luthus, that is all."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 30, 2015, 09:13:57 pm »

"It is Mavnon who is suggesting the Mad Moon. Luthus is opposing it."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 30, 2015, 09:14:07 pm »

"Aspects. Perhaps Madness is too...broad a word? The strengthening of emotions, of magics and desires. Those are the main effects. The Madness, the great desire to commit Conflict, is only for those who stare for too long into the skies. That desire will fade, as with all desires, in time."

Mavnon dodged a slash from his opponent, striking at the goddess' flank.

"Truly, I am perplexed at your opposition. You call for Revolution but deny the motivation needed. Will the serf rise without prodding against his baron? Does the scholar dare publish his results, without the pride and righteousness she feels?

Mavnon took a slash to his chest, laughing slightly. "Good!" She shouted at Iliseth.

"I am sure you mean me, arachnid. In which case, I will gloriously fight you in a time to come."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 09:16:20 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 30, 2015, 09:15:26 pm »

"You desire...a Torus-shaped star, Lauxal...?...or a Torus world...upon which your creations have abounding places in which to roam...or do you wish for a spherical world...in which your beasts may traverse...the whole of it's surface...given time"
"A Torus world."

"It will even harm some things I plan to create that do not live. So don't make Mad Moon, or I will kill you Luthus, that is all."
What. Surely you mean Mavnon, instead of me, right? I'm the one opposing the idea, not the one proposing it.

Edit(ninjas >:c):
"Aspects. Perhaps Madness is too...broad a word? The strengthening of emotions, of magics and desires. Those are the main effects. The Madness, the great desire to commit Conflict, is only for those who stare for too long into the skies. That desire will fade, as with all desires, in time."

Mavnon dodged a slash from his opponent, striking at the goddess' flank.

"Truly, I am perplexed at your opposition. You call for Revolution but deny the motivation needed. Will the serf rise without prodding against his baron? Does the scholar dare publish his results, without the pride and righteousness she feels?

Mavnon took a slash to his chest, laughing slightly. "Good!" She shouted at Iliseth.

"I am sure you mean me, arachnid. In which case, I will gloriously fight you in a time to come."

The link between madness, conflict and revolution is dubious at best. A permanent fear of the skies will not fuel any revolts, and will slow the flow of progress. How are the scholars you mentioned going to perform their studies of the skies if they can only look at it for a short amount of time before having their minds forcibly altered? The will for revolt comes from a lack of justice, needless privations, incompetence or perhaps a disgust towards corruption, not what is the equivalent of drugs being forced upon them.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 09:37:58 pm by FArgHalfnr »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 30, 2015, 09:22:21 pm »

Uztot chuckles.

"At least I can differentiate between the...seventeen? voices gathered here."

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 30, 2015, 09:24:48 pm »

"A Torus world."

What. Surely you mean Mavnon, instead of me, right? I'm the one opposing the idea, not the one proposing it.
My apologies Luthus, everyone is still quite new to me. After all we have barely been born and almost nobody as actually introduced themselves.

"Good!" She shouted at Iliseth.

"Don't threaten me or I will kill you Mavnon.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 30, 2015, 09:26:36 pm »

"Threaten? If I am not mistaken you are the one who stated you would kill me. I am simply relishing the opportunity to fight when the time comes."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2015, 09:31:19 pm »

While the mad moon certainly would be in the sky, it would not be a stationary landmark... If mortals cant consistently track it, the mark may as well not exist...
Crack-a-lack-a

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2015, 09:34:36 pm »

"True. A change perhaps; a satellite to the nascent planet. Perhaps it only give its effect on certain days..."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2015, 09:53:36 pm »

"This squabbling is amusing, but petty. What we truly need is a leader to coordinate the Gods as one. I believe this comes before any creation we might decide to do; for without a leader in these affairs, whatever we fill the Void with will be chaotic and disorganized. That, above all things, will slow civilization."
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2015, 09:54:07 pm »

Apologies accepted, no harm was done or meant.

Oh, and while I'm here:

The suit of armor dematerialize

Now that the seeds of change have been planted(pardon my pun), I should finally be able to focus on progress, or at least I will be able soon enough.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2015, 10:56:30 pm »

Nilva has been sleeping for most of the argument. Sorta drifting off in the metaphysical corner somewhere.

"I got bored. What the shit did I miss? Have we made anything yet?"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 137