Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185737 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 2: Boom
« Reply #255 on: May 31, 2015, 09:06:12 pm »

(Derp. Forgot to show everyone's energy. It will be up in a second)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 31, 2015, 09:32:19 pm »

Waking.

"...ah...that felt nice...?...you lot confused the poor thing....but I think I can tell what happened...here, little fellow, follow the path of least resistance...it really is difficult for you to agree on anything, isn't it?....I didn't think breaking a tie would be necessary...now that it's settled, we can get down to a different business...and a question...who donated to neither sun nor world, if anyone?....while I don't think I need to bar anyone, given the size I think it's obvious it will grow to...I would like to keep it in mind for future dealings..."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:39:37 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 31, 2015, 09:34:53 pm »

"I have an idea to present to you, my fellows. I propose we form a...union, formed in the spirit of cooperation, that would allow us to pass and enforce laws. Or, at the very least, an alliance of like-minded individuals working together for common interests."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 31, 2015, 09:36:05 pm »

"I still think a rodsun is ugly."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 31, 2015, 09:43:12 pm »

"You did not donate to the project...you get no say in the result...that is how it works..."

"...the idea seems...novel, at the least, Uztot, but I have concerns...about how successful such a project would be...given our inability to cooperate without a driving force...as shown by the mere creation of a world...but I would be willing, at least...to try it...?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 31, 2015, 09:43:40 pm »

"Well fought Soulseeker; I do hope we can continue these duels later...perhaps with mortals and words to back our weapons." Mavnon sheathed her halberd into the Immaterium, bowing to her opponent, as was her custom.

"I have an idea to present to you, my fellows. I propose we form a...union, formed in the spirit of cooperation, that would allow us to pass and enforce laws. Or, at the very least, an alliance of like-minded individuals working together for common interests."

"...I am cautious of being bonded to such a thing so early in the prehistory of Creation. Should any real problems arise, we as gods can easily convene to deal with such issues."

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 31, 2015, 09:44:09 pm »

As long as such a union has a leader, I will join. Without one, there will be too much argument and a lack of decision-making.

Rods are magnificent, and the sight of one as a celestial object is glorious. Hush.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 31, 2015, 09:45:49 pm »

As long as such a union has a leader, I will join. Without one, there will be too much argument and a lack of decision-making.

Rods are magnificent, and the sight of one as a celestial object is glorious. Hush.
"I will throw a pink wolf at you."

"Do not make me."

"I will make it sparkle."

Nilva investigates the voidy further. What's the difference between the normal Nothing and the Nothing that's leaking in?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:50:40 pm by Kevak »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 31, 2015, 10:03:25 pm »

"Would an arbiter with the authority break ties suit your desires?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 31, 2015, 10:05:37 pm »

"Only if the arbiter is a wasp and has to wear a tophat."

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 31, 2015, 10:16:15 pm »

Mmm, if such an arbiter had several additional powers, that would be acceptable. Democracy is not inherently bad, but organized leadership is a must for anything to be accomplished.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 31, 2015, 10:18:41 pm »

(Important update)

The sun seed finally finishes its growth cycle, forming a massive rod in space. The strange energy seems to grow as it gives off intense heat, giving life to the newly formed ants. The star seems to mostly stabilize, slowly performing its purpose. How several of the Gods feel about this is yet to be seen.

In the surrounding areas, the planet also decides on its final shape. The tendrils of dust form into the relatively new addition, surrounding the sun over the course of centuries in an absolutely massive twisting torus. It begins spinning around its sun slowly, the dust now having settled down to mere dust storm levels. The beginnings of different biomes can be seen in the different temperatures of the world, as the Gods had intended.

Finally, the dust on the planet settled completely, as the massive amount of Power input into it seems to vanish. For a moment, the planet is finally stable. Then, massive tremors run through the structure, shaking it to the very core of the planet. Every inch of the twisting torus begins vibrating in different directions! Cracks begin to appear in different locations. All at once, entire plates of earth launch themselves in different directions, flying into the Void. Craters, ranging from absurdly massive to fist sized, fill the surface of the planet. Several sections of the loop simply vanish into dust, breaking what was once a complete loop around the sun into three uneven pieces separated by hundreds of miles of Void. Several areas seem to remain untouched, only to have had their core and mantle removed to become husks of crust. As a final insult, a flare several dozen miles long erupts from the sun and scorches what was once an untouched part of the planet.

As the event finally settles, it seems that not nearly all is lost. Hundreds of millions of square miles have been left completely untouched, with a majority of the cratered area being perfectly habitable to normal life. The planet has been damaged, but not broken.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 31, 2015, 10:21:05 pm »

"Well. That sorta worked."

Nilva investigates the voidy further. What's the difference between the normal Nothing and the Nothing that's leaking in?

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 31, 2015, 10:22:11 pm »

"Exciting. I like it."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 31, 2015, 10:23:45 pm »

Well that could have gone worse I suppose.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 137