Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185749 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Kevak waves back at the fourth wall breaking deity before proceeding to type.

Nilva rolls in the butterflies. It quickly becoming a mass of floofy wolves in a grassy field, said wolves then in unison glomp Aurosseu, with Nilva riding a slightly larger one covered in ribbons.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

"Leeks? Blades all the same; the perception matters not."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Kevak waves back at the fourth wall breaking deity before proceeding to type.

Nilva rolls in the butterflies. It quickly becoming a mass of floofy wolves in a grassy field, said wolves then in unison glomp Aurosseu, with Nilva riding a slightly larger one covered in ribbons.
The wolves seem to only have glomped each other, as Aurosseu does not seem to be in the dogpile (heh). Aurosseu taps Nilva on the shoulder from behind him, munching on a carrot.

"Eh, what's up, dog?"

"What do you mean? Perception is everything; for example, I perceive this soup is going to be a very delicious one."

Aurosseu grabs a leek/sword from Mavnon, chops the vegetable up with the blade, and drops the pieces into the cauldron, stirring it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

The soup drains out of a portal that appeared at the bottom of the cauldron and drops down through another portal onto Aurosseu's hair.

It's good that this is all a dream yes?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 06:52:18 am by Demonic Spoon »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Catdog clearly~" Nilva points directly above Aurosseu. There is a half cat, half dog thing floating above him.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"Irrelevant. Confusing."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'm not seeing things again am I?"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Sanity-negated. Irritation. Unfortunately not illusion."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

"What do you mean? Perception is everything; for example, I perceive this soup is going to be a very delicious one."

Aurosseu grabs a leek/sword from Mavnon, chops the vegetable up with the blade, and drops the pieces into the cauldron, stirring it.

Mavnon tossed the other leek to the chef, and spoke. "I think you want less a duel of blades but of words. Very well. Let us say perception is everything."

'Three blind men approach a walphant* each coming from different sides. One grabs the furless the trunk, another the bushy tail and the last a foot.'

'The first man says "I think its a wake**" and knows it to be true."
"The second man disagrees. 'No, its a bushtail***'."
"The third man shakes his head and states his own hypothesis. 'You're both wrong; its clearly a defen****"

"Though all men are able to perceive separate parts of the whole and believe that what they have is something else, the walphant is clearly a walphant, no matter what each man perceives."

"Though of course, a being of Dreams cares not for such things, yes?"

*wolf-like elephant.
**furry snake.
***a wolf-like monkey
****a mammalian chicken analogue
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 06:55:24 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The soup drains out of a portal that appeared at the bottom of the cauldron and drop down through another portal onto Aurosseu's hair
"Now, now, was that necessary? Did you have to ruin the soup I was making with Mavnon?"

Aurosseu notices another of himself in the distance giving him a worried look. He wipes some soup off himself and gives him a thumbs up. The other Aurosseu returns the favour with a smile.

((Note: Aurosseu doesn't usually have hair. His 'head' is a starry night sky inside his robe's hood. Of course, the localized dream logic makes it possible.))

"Catdog clearly~" Nilva points directly above Aurosseu. There is a half cat, half dog thing floating above him.
"An interesting phenomenon. Hey, watch out."

Aurosseu sees an incoming train some distance away, and notices he's standing on its tracks. He steps aside. However, Nilva's legs seem to be tied to the tracks with some rope.

As he's looking around waiting for the train to pass, he notices there is another Aurosseu by a cauldron set in the distance.

"Hey, Izgamlo just poured soup on me! How rude!"

He sees the other Aurosseu wipe himself and give him a thumbs up. He gives one back and smiles, then refocuses on Nilva.

"I'm not seeing things again am I?"
"I'd be more worried if you weren't. After all, you're not wearing a blindfold or anything like that right now."

Mavnon tossed the other leek to the chef, and spoke. "I think you want less a duel of blades but of words. Very well. Let us say perception is everything."

'Three blind men approach a walphant each coming from different sides. One grabs the furless the trunk, another the bushy tail and the last a foot.'

'The first man says "I think its a wake" and knows it to be true."
"The second man disagrees. 'No, its a bushtail'."
"The third man shakes his head and states his own hypothesis. 'You're both wrong; its clearly a defen"

"Though all men are able to perceive separate parts of the whole and believe that what they have is something else, the walphant is clearly a walphant, no matter what each man perceives."

"Though of course, a being of Dreams cares not for such things, yes?"

"Yes, who said a spar has to be with blades? A wit can be just as sharp, or even more so. To the point, the blind men are not perceiving the whole, only parts, just as you say. The trunk might as well be a wake, the tail might as well that of a bushtail, and the foot might well be one of a defen, but the men extrapolated those assumptions from incomplete data. As they talk, they surely notice their disagreement and examine the walphant closer, eventually leading to the correct identity of the animal. However, to a being of Dreams, the truth of the matter loses meaning, unless I give it some, leading to assumptions becoming just as correct. As you saw, I cut the leek with the sword, even though they were one and the same, and yet not so. A little logical leap like that is quite simple to perform."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nilva allows the Wake that is wrapped around her to slither off. Before standing up and nonchalantly stepping off the tracks as the train wizzes by. "I have to wonder, who was driving that train~?"

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gen-Gai

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aurosseu peeks out from the train's engine, as well as the caboose and waves at Nilva.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Generic Arms Race.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 137