Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185197 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While we are discusing matters of breaking physics, Should we break the barrier that seperates our universe from force of magic?
Yes
"Don't pretend you didn't already make the hole in reality. My guess is that a kind of void magic is leaking in."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Incorrect. It is literally Nothing. There is no decernable difference between our Nothing and the new Nothing."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"Confusion. Explain. Explain! EXPLAIN!"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have absolutely no idea how there can be such a thing as two different nothings. I propose that if we try to drill the wall we do it in a controlled environment, A.K.A In some kind of forcefield. We don't know if there is something dangerous outside and it might be a good idea to have a way to prevent whatever is on the other side to come in if it turns out to be hostile. Personally I am not interested enough right now to fund this project.

Oh, and I just thought, it might be a good idea to see if there is actually a hole before accusing each other of ripping apart reality.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Izgamlo tried putting all his Power into breaking reality when Mavnon and I made him back down. The next Tick, it appeared Izgamlo used all his Power the Tick before and there was a hole in reality. It doesn't take a genius to see what Izgamlo has done."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Anger. Shall we attack?"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Nothing bad has happened and it appears stable. No reason to attack. "

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Still anger. Will oppose indirectly."
Generic Arms Race.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I will not be part of any plot to kill a god. You have the same amount of Power as he does Essence, Power, and Crux combined so I theorise you would be capable of destroying him yourself if it was necessary.".

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Very good."
Generic Arms Race.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That you would even consider attacking one of our brothers troubles me greatly. No matter what he may have done."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Only an option."
Generic Arms Race.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Tick 4: The Game of Life

Gai-gen makes the second Immortal mortal, after explaining to the Dwarves as a whole the concept of the sphere. Sankis is grateful, and promises to devote his life to this new concept to show it (Gai-gen -2E)

The Nothing is poked with a Godly Divine Stick of Poking! As many wise men have guessed, Nothing happens.

Aurosseu creates his first races which misses joining the majority of creations in the last tick. He invents a strange, small object said to have some kind of power. Not much else has been publicly released of these beings or objects (Aurosseu-9E)

Teburshe adds even more (presumably less wolf-based) natural wildlife with no upper limit to growth. These mighty beasts and plants become valuable targets for the hunters, and attempts to domesticate the more docile races is being made after he teaches the concepts to the Saplings. He goes on to teach them other Agriculture concepts, which they proceed to attempt with both normal and mega plants. He then further adjusts the conditions of his race, controlling the weather to best expand the species. He does the same for the other races, to much less success. (Teburshe -2E, 4P)

Uztot goes down himself to inspire kinship and love amongst the mortals. A few listen  intently to this God's speeches, but most simply nod along polity.

Izgamlo creates the first magic system! The portal magic! Several Ants begin researching its use. The Alphas hope to use it to assassinate the remaining enemies, freeing the last ants without any unnecessary bloodshed. (Izgamlo -3E)

The ironically unlucky first immortal receives death threats yet again! She accepts the offer, and begins traveling between the races. (Izgamlo -2P)

Nilva goes down to the Earth and annoys the poor mortals, while inadvertently inventing the concept of a koan. One particular Maag, after having been covered in head to toe with pink ribbons, draws googly eyes on all the symbols of Nilva that he can find.

The Maag are again visited by Lithus/Luthus. He teaches them how to transform the resources available to them into tools, which they proceed to use. They are grateful, but wonder if being handed inventions counts as true "progress". The same Maag who was forced into ribbons earlier had invented the dress, making it out of wolf skin, after being inspired by the pretty pretty ribbons. They seem to already know how to build fires, and have several Hearth Spirits living in their sand stone homes.

Thousands of tentacles begin whirling in the Void where there was once a planet, a race capable of surviving even in the Void appearing all at once. They look around at the nearby land with great curiosity (Ra Ha Sahaka -8E)

Nilva forces ribbons onto three newly created Wriths. The feel them with their tentacles, examining their fibers for any extra knowlage. They they tear them apart, examining the threads.

Iliseth opens trade routs between the Humans and Dwarves, leading to technological transfer. The humans now have access to a limited amount of metals, though the Dwarves seem to seek a monopoly, making it difficult for the humans to learn anything about mining from this exchange. She then continues to teach various rituals to the Humans from her temple, which many enjoy and are grateful for, but it seems to have no effect on the nightmares. Some, in a fit of paranoia, believe that they are only making it worse and flee from anything having to do with Iliseth.

Looking at Teburshe, Iliseth doesn't find what she is looking for. She does notice a few mortal souls floating about aimlessly in the realm of the Gods, likely lost due to having no where specified to go. After putting on the metaforicle sunglasses, she sees the dulled energy still blocking anything else. After all, looking at the sun with NV goggles blocks doesn't work, but removing the goggles and looking at the sun isn't too much better. Humanities cities seem to be ghost-free, with the only disimbodied souls surrounding the Gods. (Iliseth -3P)

Mavnon takes his turn in bullying Mortals, ordering a priest of Iliseth. He shows off many engraved pots, bricks, and other assorted goods while explaining things like dance and meditation. If you where looking for something specific, you likely found it, as he was rather exhaustive in his explanations.

Alicia gathers several of the larger chunks left in the Void into a series of "islands" in the Void, locking them into position. They seem to be just like any other part of the planets, capable of supporting life in the same way. (Alicia-3E)

Iliseth and Uztot begin to spar! Iliseth rushes forward, swinging her sword in the best attack she has ever done. This feat is undone in an instant, as Uztot knocks the weapon from her hand in a single movement, disarming her. Before she can react, he begins to counter attack! Then both Gods roll a crit failure. Like, two 100/100. They both independently trip on Iliseth's discarded blade, ending in a sad draw. They are then pelted with potatoes with musical accompaniment.

Aurosseu then spars with....uh....well he spares alright. Mortals watching the ensuing battle on the Obelisk are incredibly confused.

((It was Lorash who created dwarves. You mixed up gods Stirk.))

(Actually, I mixed up players. I could have sworn that it was Pencil Art who made them  :-\. I will fix that later. )

The Maag are taught how to make rope, which they had not made due to not knowing they needed them. The clothier Maag uses this new information to advance his clothing industry, inventing several more clothing designs using the new fiber. Ribbons are included, but they each have an insult directed at Nilva engraved into them at creation.

Luthus, continuing with his string of activity, returns to the desert and creates a new insect for the race to domesticate. The enterprising and now rich Maag clothing designer, naturally, uses this for new designs. He then begins to spread these to the other races by trade. (Lithus/Luthus -1E)(Free creation [fairly mundane], 1E for automatic domestication)

The Saplings are advised to ask for Knowledge, after having been lead to the location of the ritual stones by an incognito God. They wonder if it counts if they ask for wealth and value knowledge, or if they ask for Knowledge as a weapon. A few show interest in experimenting with the stones, though nothing comes of it yet.

Several new Gods are born! Some proceed to be active, while others are probably still waiting for the busy GM to accept them.

Everyone seems to be able to know how to craft alchol. Most races with agriculture seem to have developed some form of brewing to preserve their drink, but they seem to know more uses for it and how to make more complex and intoxicating drinks. The source for this seems to very, depending on who you ask.

Several forests of iron-reinforced trees appears on appropriate biomes of the planet! What will be done with these is a mystery, most mortals have yet to discover their existence. (Moi'aaty -2E)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 08:12:46 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I think that clothier has the right idea~ Nilva alters her symbol. Googly eyed gems are now the correct symbol~

Nilva then gives that Maag more ribbons. This time with googly eyes glued to them~

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile

Appear before a human and tell him of the litany of space.
Teach him the most complex concepts of mathematics and geometry his head can cope with and instruct him to build a school to study space and the relations of spaces, as well as mathematics and architecture. Grant him incredible charisma to do so.

Begin to construct starsigns. I construct the Wolf, the Panpiper, and the Drunk as intricate constellations to be gazed upon by the many inhabitants of our beloved planet.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 137